• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Access fire island

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You need to find someone who had a rune prior to the transformation of that island ... some rune libraries have a rune there.

I know I have a rune there. However, that's probably not on the same shard you play on.

Otherwise, my suggestion is to throw that map back in the locker for 30 days and then it'll be somewhere more accessible.

I had one that wanted me to do the map IN the Cascino on the north part of the island... problem there is I can't take a pet in there or cast any summons... so decided to forget that.... threw it back in the bank for another day.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Can someone tell me how to get in there please?
There's a rune on the floor in Goodmans on atlantic. if you aren't on atlantic you will need to do as MalagAste said. chances are pretty good that a house will be covering it anyway so just chalk that one up as 30 day timer

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh well thanks, one of my allies has the map and there is a building in that hollow but no idea who owns it as can't get close enough to tag the sign. Guess it is a toss back. Thanks

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a rune on the floor in Goodmans on atlantic. if you aren't on atlantic you will need to do as MalagAste said. chances are pretty good that a house will be covering it anyway so just chalk that one up as 30 day timer
Only rune I saw was to the volcano on the north end...is there another?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do I feel like there's now a Cannonball Run race to find this spot on every shard and check for house(s)? lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just spent 2 hours training a character to get to where I could go there and mark, so that I can bring the rune back to Lake Austin for the THB rune library of map spots.

Now, I just got to bring the rune to LA.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok thanks forgot I had a char over on atlantic in middle of transfer so I have marked i there and will take it home :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just spent 2 hours training a character to get to where I could go there and mark, so that I can bring the rune back to Lake Austin for the THB rune library of map spots.

Now, I just got to bring the rune to LA.
i can move it over for ya if ya want.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@MissEcho, I dropped a copy of that rune in the mailbox at Angelwood Warehouse for you. :)

Batfink

Adventurer
Thank you Miss Echo for asking this on my behalf and all respondents.

I couldn't find a rune in the old treasure rune library books i have acquired, great suggestion though !!

I guess i could have just canceled the quest and received a new map but that's the option for quitters :D

@MissEcho, I dropped a copy of that rune in the mailbox at Angelwood Warehouse for you. :)
Appreciate the extra effort Brian, that did the trick .

Thanks again !!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No problem. I'm still mostly not playing, but I still have a few paid accounts - just no time, and much less interest. I just happened to see this thread and had the rune in my standard library I keep on every shard. :D