• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kinda a dead day today... everyones too hot likely so lets try something.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So... thinking about UO...
  1. Name 3 things that keep you here. Make you stay in UO. Could be anything at all.
  2. Name 3 things that really drive you nuts about UO... sometimes make you want to leave... but you don't.
  3. Think of 3 of your most fond memories in UO. Can be anything at all.

So for me, the 3 things that keep me here would be Friends(GLs Community, well most of them), Housing(Deco and Design), Role-play. Probably in that order but maybe not. And maybe the memories in the 19+years of items I've collected over the years...

Three things that drive me nuts... People who blatantly cheat and scam other players and get away with it... Bugs in the EC that have been there for ages but nothing gets done... Seeing obvious defects in the game like zippers along the coastlines, beds in NuJelm being every which way but not where they should be, items that don't work as intended or as I think they should... the feeling the DEVs do jobs 1/2 way and call it good and never go back and fix them...

Fond memories... The day I joined the Yew Militia... and began my role in GLs RP.... ranks high up there... The Awesome IDOC I hit in the great fall a few years ago where I got 2 really cool items... and was able to plop down a FREAKING CASTLE! Totally a highlight... The day Polynikes and I went to Siege and decided to try to tame a greater dragon with nothing but arcane clothing on... but we did it! Died so much wasn't even funny but OMG it was a hoot... laughed hysterically the whole time making it so much harder to tame them... especially when I died to friendly fire and he Ebolted me instead of casting a heal... Still have my Dragon... Miss Poly sometimes.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Name 3 things that keep you here. Make you stay in UO. Could be anything at all.
1. Habit
2. Occasional fun
3. Getting cool rad lootz
+Bonus: Initially for the adventure. There was a world to explore.

Name 3 things that really drive you nuts about UO... sometimes make you want to leave... but you don't.
1. Devs pancake up things that didn't need messing with, e.g. Bleak's "lose a swing" for chiv/bushido
2. Losing the access to the left and right side of the Abyss, with Mesanna's official answer "tell them to walk"
3. Mesanna deleting the player memorials in Baja New Magincia. Bonnie is WAY too good at roleplaying a petty tyrant.
+Bonus: See the "wish list" thread

Think of 3 of your most fond memories in UO. Can be anything at all.
1. Great Lord* title. It took 32 hours of fighting in Covetous, and came with a nifty order shield.
2. Grandmaster animal tamer. It took seven months of "I have always wanted a pet like you."
3. The per-pet-ual motion machine. Fun making a ring of pets walk around a small house endlessly. No longer possible, alas.

*My initial character was masculine

Last edited:

Nigel Of Minoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name 3 things that keep you here. Make you stay in UO. Could be anything at all.
  1. Been logging in since 1998, can't stop!
  2. Still find new things to do and new templates to try.
  3. Nostalgia of those I used to play with 20 years ago, great memories come up sometimes depending on where I am and what I am doing.
Name 3 things that really drive you nuts about UO... sometimes make you want to leave... but you don't.
  1. People hiding behind keyboards and not being respectful in game. Seriously, it's not hard to just stay quiet or communicate intelligently if you disagree or things don't go your way.
  2. RnG at times
  3. People leaving
  1. My first evening playing! My boss at the time actually got me into UO and helped me my through my first night. Spent it grey most of the time but had so much fun and never stopped playing! Even if it's just a few minutes here and there to check vendors or grab BOD's if that's all time allows I log in.
  2. The people I was able to meet, play with and actually connect with in real life. Many of them do not play any longer but we still keep in contact. I still remember going to one of the meetup.com things when they had some for UO years ago. That was weird!
  3. The first time my name was on the armor I created, back when you had to earn that. Spent weeks at the forges/anvils in Brit when that happened selling my wares.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  1. I have a lot of junk on my two accounts. Kinda must have a little hoarder in me.
  2. Been playing on/off for the past 20 years, just cant find nothing like it that fills the hole. I'm happy to pay, and log in now and then when I need my fix,
  3. Nostalgia has a large part to play. I'm not sure if its chasing those good old times or what, but I still enjoy the most simple of things in UO.
  1. Nerd rage. I love banter, but the nerd rage get my blood going.
  2. Constantly changing the game into a complicated mess. I never signed up to play with a spreadsheet.
  3. Fancy flashy neon items.
  1. Spending all weekends mining the wall off my boat, took me ages to save up for it. The genuine fear when you see red names pop up and that was it, game of survival!
  2. Hitting your mile stones with your chars. Like my 7x7 mage - I remember thinking that was it from now on, the game would be easy. How wrong I was.
  3. Playing factions when they first came out, I was in the almighty Minax on Europa. The battles we use to have was just something else, I generally got spanked- but I had an amazing time it was just brilliant.

PageBoy

Journeyman
Name 3 things that keep you here
1 pvp
2 my houses
3 account age (still need some shard shields)

Name 3 things that really drive you nuts
1 Trammel
2 trammies
3 insurance

Fond memories
1 when this game was still fun
2 my first kill :heart:
3 Europa rp community (rip)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Name 3 things that keep you here...
1 its where i met my husband
2 my UO family (guild and other friends from my home shard)
3 deco DECO deco

Name 3 things that really drive you nuts
1 pvp'ers ranting in general chat
2 felucca
3 things that don't stack (cocoa liquor, fellowship coins, etc)

Name 3 fond memories
1 getting married to my husband in game, where we first met
2 seeing PAS go around Luna dropping off gifts to anybody in Luna (i wasn't in their guild then)
which really made me admire the guild
3 this one is more difficult to say...
i really enjoy doing the holiday events (like playing JellyBeans & Pepper Minstix)
but I also loved doing the holiday decorating contests (I won 1st place with my Northpole castle)