• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) A loss of the RP community

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is with great sadness that Europa RP community lost one its greats.

Rebecca/Sioned of Vesper, owner of the great Swaggers tavern passed away on Sunday.

For those who knew her would know she was an absolute darling, someone who would always go out of her way to make anyone welcome. She captured the true spirit of RP and will be missed so dearly by each and everyone of us.

I, like others, will treasure all the memories you leave behind, RIP Dorthe, may Greenie watch over you.

Rimeny.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dorthe Memorial.PNG

Such a lovely turn out, thank you all so much who attended x

Reactions: Mil

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow this is such terrible news. And I am so sorry to have missed this. Such a great UO tribute.

Just a quick memory if I may?

Way way way back in the day The Shadow Court [our guild SCT] had a major influx of members and one night by chance, our guild numbered about 15 online and we all congregated at the Swaggers Inn. I am sure it was Rebecca acting all nervous about the influx of strangers :) It was a fun night all round.

Sorry for your loss as well. x

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry for the loss, citizen of britannia will never be forgotten.
dont want to hijack thread but I have something related.... perhaps a book or two written by the person in subject(?)

// Callum fitzhugh, reconize these items?

A house went down (RP)

So it was the date 18th of september 2018 3am a house in malas went down.
The owner of the house was Fallum Fitzhugh and it was a RP library.
In the house was many bookshelves with books from RP world of Europa (See picture below)
Some of the books have date from 2001 to 2004, and mentiones both players and guilds, journals and reports of meetings.
Some of the players mentioned in the books:
Thane DeLacey, Torrak Keres, Muldran Skully, Arliana, The Darkcloaks, Igor, Caldor, Tamryn, Cal Soulshadow, Jeff, Kade, Muldran, Seriya Delacey, Phae Quaintly govenor of Moonglow, Venom dOrsay govenour of Njulem, Truentis, Ceinwyn, Barbaros, Gordon Blue, Fizzit, Nakor, Zenith, Chiv, Edmund, Klyssa, Daveron, Captain Volchak, Irvyn, Muldran Sculy,
and guilds such as: The Brittania Guards, Army of Kaldor, library Vinyamar, Knights Templar, The shadow court, Guardians of Yew, Spiritwood university, (CoY, Crossroads of Yew), Yew Militia, Duchy Britania Guards, Knights of Virtue, DTM, Kaldorian, Army of Khaldor,

I have collected some 400 to 500of these books, it might not have a high money value (thus the other IDOCers didnt loot them) but to the RP comunity and history of Europa its unique.
If someone wants these books, to preserve abit of history of RP Europa please let me know. Its too many for me to save up in the long run.

And perhaps, amoung them, a book or two written by Rebecca/Sioned of Vesper?

Long live the RP community of Europa.

/psycho

Last edited:

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my word Chap! This has shaken me as I assumed the House was still there, I had no idea it went down. Last time I logged in was last summer sometime.

Must have been a problem with my account.

I am kind of very upset and kind of happy - all things come to an end and an IDOC is almost the perfect ending for our role play stories on Europa.

If someone can keep the books alive that would be great, but otherwise, I reckon you got some very good old stuff in that IDOC. SOme very old stuff ;)

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If no one else has offered a home for these treasures I surely will. I remember those guilds and those names with such fondness.