• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadowguard Roof: What am I doing wrong?

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I decided to try and dual client Shadowguard roof with a Mage/Tamer and an Archer/Tamer. Both used Cu’s on the bosses. The mage handled the spawn with spells and the Archer kept chipping away at the boss.

I was able to rip through all bosses with no issues... except the Lich. It was one continual vacuum into him and swapping targets. I couldn’t heal myself, cast invisibility, or keep my pet alive all at once.

This happened on three consecutive runs.

Does anyone have any strategies for this guy? Am I doing something wrong? It seems much more difficult compared to the others. Maybe I’m just doomed to fail because I’m running solo?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only thing I can think of is letting the pets do all the work on the lich, with the mage pre-casting invisibility constantly and holding it, waiting to see if someone needs invised.

If the archer/tamer has vet, have it running a macro standing between the two pets healing them, not fighting. And if the mage gets sucked in, or the archer get targeted, you invis that character and move them with the mage's pre-cast invis. And, of course, you might need to retreat the archer if there are summons or animates.

And, of course, if you have taming III masteries, run consume only for the pet currently tanking, vetting the other as needed.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don’t really need Vet since I use Consume on the tanking pet and Greater Heal on the off pet.

It seemed like the damage from the pet prompted the teleport mechanic. Similar to the Dark Father in Doom.

Maybe I’ll just have to rely on the second pet to kill the spawn and stay off the boss. I’ll see if that changes his targeting.

Thanks for the tips.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, it is worth noting that Jun'ar has a debuff aura that lowers your skills when you are close to him. Might only apply if you are being target to him, not sure. Been a while since I last done the roof.
But your skills will drop at least 30 points with this debuff, so spells can whiff and commanding pets can be dangerous during that time.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don’t really need Vet since I use Consume on the tanking pet and Greater Heal on the off pet.
It seemed like the damage from the pet prompted the teleport mechanic. Similar to the Dark Father in Doom.
Maybe I’ll just have to rely on the second pet to kill the spawn and stay off the boss. I’ll see if that changes his targeting.
Thanks for the tips.
In my experience of seeing 2 accounts do the roof (I've been lucky enough to tag along a few times with people who multi-client) it was usually a sampire who was able to run off and solo the Lich; they are always able to do loads of damage very quickly to counteract the damage received. In one instance the person used a fire beetle to begin the tanking (didn't run consume because it went very fast) and invis'ed his tamer and then ran in with his sampire (possibly to avoid the skill debuff?).

For you, maybe try using the archer/tamer for damage (use pet first and then bow) and use your mage to heal/invis archer as needed (mounted on pet to avoid damage to pet). I'm not sure if this would be too much to manage (depending on the damage dealt vs damage received).

I'm not sure if using a pet on the lich and running off screen (while another account heals pet / clears spawn) is still viable but that might also be something to try.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also, it is worth noting that Jun'ar has a debuff aura that lowers your skills when you are close to him. Might only apply if you are being target to him, not sure. Been a while since I last done the roof.
But your skills will drop at least 30 points with this debuff, so spells can whiff and commanding pets can be dangerous during that time.
its not a debuff aura, he discords you.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I decided to try and dual client Shadowguard roof with a Mage/Tamer and an Archer/Tamer. Both used Cu’s on the bosses. The mage handled the spawn with spells and the Archer kept chipping away at the boss.

I was able to rip through all bosses with no issues... except the Lich. It was one continual vacuum into him and swapping targets. I couldn’t heal myself, cast invisibility, or keep my pet alive all at once.

This happened on three consecutive runs.

Does anyone have any strategies for this guy? Am I doing something wrong? It seems much more difficult compared to the others. Maybe I’m just doomed to fail because I’m running solo?
Juo'nar the Lich does the same thing as the Dark Father in doom or the Unbound EV's in Shame, as long as your pet is doing damage to him he will pull you in beside him. The bad thing about Juo'nar is he also does Wither and he spawns some bad critters that also spam Wither so when he pulls you in you get nailed with the wither.
couple that with the Discord he chucks out from time to time and the direct damage he does and ya he can get nasty.
ive dont the roof probably well over 100 times and ive never done it solo.
you would have to be an incredible multitasker to be able to do that solo because you'd have to constantly be running away and invising and healing up.

have you tried maybe having the archer tell his pet to attack then running him WAY off screen to the other side of the roof?
i would suspect that there is probably a tile limit on how far he can pull people in maybe?

then just use your mage to keep everything alive.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Juo'nar the Lich does the same thing as the Dark Father in doom or the Unbound EV's in Shame, as long as your pet is doing damage to him he will pull you in beside him. The bad thing about Juo'nar is he also does Wither and he spawns some bad critters that also spam Wither so when he pulls you in you get nailed with the wither.
couple that with the Discord he chucks out from time to time and the direct damage he does and ya he can get nasty.
you would have to be an incredible multitasker to be able to do that solo because you'd have to constantly be running away and invising and healing up.

have you tried maybe having the archer tell his pet to attack then running him WAY off screen to the other side of the roof?
i would suspect that there is probably a tile limit on how far he can pull people in maybe?

I’m going to try this idea tonight. I might be able to get him so far away and use the hiding skill that he ignores me. It’ll be much easier to keep one person alive and cast invisibility on.

My other option was to use the archers pet to kill the spawn only. I’m not sure if this will prompt the teleport mechanic.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bring uh fire pet! Fire Beetle (Rune Koruption YAY!) or uh Fire Steed dat all trained up!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Bring uh fire pet! Fire Beetle (Rune Koruption YAY!) or uh Fire Steed dat all trained up!
Rune Corruption has nothing to do with him pulling you in.
if your pet hits him, he's gonna pull you in for a quick face to face chat.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Meez knowz dat! Meez jus sayin fur da roof - rune korruption helps uhlot in general on all da bosses (esp da big bull ting). Und Fire damage really helpz wif da lichie - Cu dooz cold und energy. Trade wun ob da Cus fur uh fire pet. Faster himz dies betta chance yooz libe!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I would solo him with multiple clients I would use a Disco tamer and then friend my additional clients pets to the disco tamer. I would command the pets to guard the disco tamer. Then park those characters off in the far corner so they would be outside the radius that they could be sucked in. Disco the Lich and then when the disco tamer got hit, all the pets would attack.

It has been since before the patch that I have done the roof, so it’s possible this method no longer works.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I've done it solo, as in one account. It doesn't feel worth it.