• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sold] PRICE CHECK ON RING

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
around 100m
This is likely a dumb question and I'm likely a bit out of touch with what is considered "good" but how does an antique item go for that much?? Won't it wear down pretty quick and can only be repaired 3 times?

zieglers

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Antique Jewels are for pvp mostly. It can be repaired multiple times but can only be POFed 3 times. Very few people would pay more than 50m for an antique pvm jewel no matter how good it is and usually it has to be the non-melee type (such as mage/bard/tamer).

This ring has +20 magery which is good for various pvp templates that uses magery, but it lacks hci/sdi/ssi/di to be really high-end. Idealy this kind of 8-mod 1/3 mage jewel could go as high as 500m if it has more of the mods mentioned above. For example, if it has HCI 15 instead of int 8, people would like to pay around 300m for it.

Just my two cents.

zieglers

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, the easiest way to understand how much pvp jewels worth is to get to know the world of pvp. What are the popular templates (dexxer? mage? Hybrid? What kinds of hybrid?), what are the fights like (champs?Harrower? Yew gate?), how long does the fights last so that people can or can't repair antique things. Some people are more careful about duaribilities, some less. Also, many pvp players have more than one pvp characters and multiple pvp templates to play with so that antique isn't really a thing if taken care of.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Antique Jewels are for pvp mostly. It can be repaired multiple times but can only be POFed 3 times. Very few people would pay more than 50m for an antique pvm jewel no matter how good it is and usually it has to be the non-melee type (such as mage/bard/tamer).

This ring has +20 magery which is good for various pvp templates that uses magery, but it lacks hci/sdi/ssi/di to be really high-end. Idealy this kind of 8-mod 1/3 mage jewel could go as high as 500m if it has more of the mods mentioned above. For example, if it has HCI 15 instead of int 8, people would like to pay around 300m for it.

Just my two cents.
Very helpful explanation, thank you! I haven't really PvP'ed in years so that makes sense. I will need to start grabbing these types of jewels when I see them instead of leaving them on the corpses!

beezneez

Adventurer
Didn’t know you could pof jewls 3 times now interesting. And that jewl 3/1 dci ep lrc stats and the Magery in my opinion you could find a buyer for more than 100 mil. I believe you could get around 2-250 for this

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't POF antique jewels. Only armor. Unless they changed it in the last couple of months?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't pof antique jewels, and from last I remember, pof'ing an antique weapon/armor was dropping its max dura to 200 on first try, 200 on second and 150 dura on third, so in my opinion there is no interest in pofing an antique at all.

Nash

Sage
still lasts a long time if you repair it around 25/255 and keep it repaired regular it will last awhile plus with it being antique you can get 12+mod items helps when trying to smash on so much to pvp

zieglers

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for pointing out. I never pofed antique items. I only read somewhere about the 3 time thing.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone I know wears antiques. I could prolly count on one hand who wears non-antique jewelry for pvp......and have fingers leftover.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Everyone I know wears antiques. I could prolly count on one hand who wears non-antique jewelry for pvp......and have fingers leftover.
The only people who don't wear antique jewels are the ones who can afford to pay multiple plats per jewel. I agree 99% of players use antiques.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only people who don't wear antique jewels are the ones who can afford to pay multiple plats per jewel. I agree 99% of players use antiques.
I cant afford multiple plats per jewel and I don't use antique coz I think jewels were ruined when they implemented antique. It was a step back in the history of the game so I dont't use them.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I cant afford multiple plats per jewel and I don't use antique coz I think jewels were ruined when they implemented antique. It was a step back in the history of the game so I dont't use them.
You're holding yourself back over nostalgia then. Antique jewels are much cheaper with better mods.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're holding yourself back over nostalgia then. Antique jewels are much cheaper with better mods.
The point is not if they are cheap or not, the point is that antique jewels are a step back in the development of the game, there was no need for suddently weak jewels, imbued was fine. But they wanted people to keep spending and that only happens if your item worns out. And Im not gonna contribute to the decadence of this game with more than my banksitting and my complainning.