• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Some Help With Suit Building

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't do code so I don't need formulas lol. But for example people say anything over 32 MR is mostly a waste. So I'm wondering if there is a chart somewhere so I know the maximum reasonable stats I should look for. Like a 100 LRC is easy but I'm lost on most of what I should be shooting for on most of that stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm probably wasting points on my suits that I could put into something else.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It would be great if there was somewhere that had all this in one place. Seems like there are various opinions on even stuff that would seem to be cut and dry. Just a page with the max sdi, hci, etc and all the rest. I gotta think someone out there has this. Guess I'll just start making a list :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm with Tina on the 100LRC I always go between 101 and 105... seems to keep me from getting the message about having not enough reagents.

As far as LMC I think the highest you can get is 55 on a non-mage using the bonuses of the material... which is why Malag wears mostly all studded leather, but as Mervyn is so fond of pointing out that isn't factored into what you can see. It's just there supposedly... the items don't say it anywhere and you can't really see it or at least I don't see it on my stats and such.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With exactly 100% LRC, you still seem to get the message about needing reagents. So I always put on 101% or 102% LRC just to keep from getting that message when you least can afford to get it.
I think know you're confusing the message "You have insufficient mana" for "More reagents are needed for this spell".

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends on what your template is trying to be and what you want to use.

I never have misses with 100% LRC.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be great if there was somewhere that had all this in one place. Seems like there are various opinions on even stuff that would seem to be cut and dry. Just a page with the max sdi, hci, etc and all the rest. I gotta think someone out there has this. Guess I'll just start making a list :p
Cap on SDI is only for pvp. (25% focus spec, 20% non-focus) for pvm, the 'cap' is whatever the maximum obtainable amount is (currently it's 160% Unbuffed).

The suit you're trying to make would be much easier for people to assist you if they knew which template you're trying to make said suit for.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Cap on SDI is only for pvp. (25% focus spec, 20% non-focus) for pvm, the 'cap' is whatever the maximum obtainable amount is (currently it's 160% Unbuffed).

The suit you're trying to make would be much easier for people to assist you if they knew which template you're trying to make said suit for.
Well i just wanted to do a review of all my characters. Many I seldom use or take an interest in that are probably lacking. Just something useful I thought I might do.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You want your melee dexxers to swing as fast as possible with the weapons they use. Archers to swing fast as possible HA.

Magic users to regen Mana.

Simple...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You want your melee dexxers to swing as fast as possible with the weapons they use. Archers to swing fast as possible HA.

Magic users to regen Mana.

Simple...
That's pretty much what I'm doing now. Sort of a rule of thumb. But I'm positive I could refine all that to be the most effective. I'm just gonna make a list of everything and research it all and make a list I guess. Just a little surprised it's not all out that in a simple format somewhere. It's honestly not a huge project or a big deal. I'm sure I could probably gather up all the information and opinions in a few hours. A labor of love :) But some of my characters have like insane MR and such that if I really looked into it is probably a waste. At least that's my current uneducated opinion.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Armor and weapons haven't made sense to me since they added all the numbers, %'s and acronyms.

I try to absorb all the info I can from threads like this but it usually gets lost in my head.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like how your Magic user does not need DCI unless they have a certain amount of Wrestling or Parry. Any DCI without those is not used anyway.

Some templates are more complex than others. That is why you need to know the skills you want to use and how you want to fight to get the best setup.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Would be nice if there was a table of some sort explaining things like that @Pawain...

Somewhere people could go look up their skills individually and say ... OH, I need to be looking for this or I can go with that because I won't need to worry about getting the max DCI on this character... etc...

I know there is a lot that is unclear and confusing especially to new and returning players.

I been kinda thinking it might be nice if there was somewhere we could look for perhaps good working templates for character types for doing different things.

Like different taming builds saying what is the benefits of that vs something else for taming...

And detailed benefits of different archer or thrower templates...

Sampires vs Wammy and such...

Different PvP builds where this is good against that but weak against this.. etc..

And then the suits that best benefit each...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And then I have to think that if the players put some work into something like that... Perhaps the DEVs could then look at that and say: Well this would make a good artifact for this or that... and we could perhaps get some decent weapon and armor loot that would actually benefit templates players actually use...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. UO can get complicated.

Besides the right suit and weapons to match your build, you then have to choose the best Mastery for your play style.

I choose the skills I want to use and then ask the smart people how to best use it. This forum can help you with that. Things are slowing down for summer. We need something to post about!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps this would be a great project for the community to work on as a whole...

One of the big issues with UO is though that no one really agrees on anything at all... but perhaps we could put our collective minds together and come up with some sort of a consensus in this to help new and returning players.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know I basically play 2 types of characters... the ABC Archer and the mage/tamer...

I have learned to mix up some of my tamers... Rather like the Spellweaving/Mage/Tamer combo... And I like my Peacing tamer though that I think is going out of style since peacing on most things lasts about .2 seconds... not really long enough to get your **** together or kill something but long enough sometimes to get an invis off.

But I think talking about it and saying things like I have a "Luck" Tamer... which is a basic Mage Tamer with as good of a luck suit as I can get her... she isn't much good at using consume damage but if I'm in it for the luck... she does alright... She's a good help alongside my T-Hunter who also wears a luck suit... she's also not bad to take to doing something like Lady M and making sure she does the majority of the damage with her pet... that way her luck counts...

But it's like asking what's the best build for a particular pet... again there is never a consensus but if we could get maybe 3 or 4 good templates for each type and explain why we chose that sort of build and what we use it for... perhaps that might help.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like how your Magic user does not need DCI unless they have a certain amount of Wrestling or Parry. Any DCI without those is not used anyway.

Some templates are more complex than others. That is why you need to know the skills you want to use and how you want to fight to get the best setup.
... and "- Mage Weapon" for mages without a weapon skill, Wrestling or Anatomy + Eval-int on their template should be using a - mage weapon.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't do code so I don't need formulas lol. But for example people say anything over 32 MR is mostly a waste. So I'm wondering if there is a chart somewhere so I know the maximum reasonable stats I should look for. Like a 100 LRC is easy but I'm lost on most of what I should be shooting for on most of that stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm probably wasting points on my suits that I could put into something else.
Is this perhaps what you are looking for ?

Magic Item Properties – Ultima OnlineMagic Item Properties – Ultima Online
Magic Item Properties - Old Stratics

Check out the 4th Column

This Post might also be usefull info... Are there caps for Mana Regen, Stamina Regen, HP Regen, Reflect Physical, Etc?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can put together suits to maximize the Regens I need and stats. But adding Luck the same suit is not easy.
Some magic users like to have 55 LMC instead of 40, so they give up meditation.

for PvM
I can only say that Basic Magic users want:

Mage armor pieces that have:
Less Mana cost
Lower Reagent Cost
+ intel
+ mana
Mana Regen
Resists

Basic Dexxers want:

Bone, Studded, or Hide armor that have:
Less Mana Cost
+ dex
+ Stamina
Regens they need
Resists

Any other properties are gravy.

... and "- Mage Weapon" for mages without a weapon skill, Wrestling or Anatomy + Eval-int on their template should be using a - mage weapon.
We have a mage tamer that uses a Mage bow on the beacons and other places. I prefer my invasion Orc Slayer book. I figured that one along with the troll slayer would just gather dust.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By NO means all inclusive but a good start (and as much as I could stand typing on my phone).

100% lrc for casters, excluding weaving & chiv (not a necessity but a plus). U won’t fail due to regs at 100.

40 lmc cap for most caster that use med. Hard caps @55 for non-med armor. Studded/Bone gives +3 per piece while metal armor gives +1 & slight resistance to stam loss when damaged that stacks the more metal u use (I like 3 metal pieces on my dexer, personal preference but entirely dependent on the template). While the added lmc doesn’t show on armor it’s clearly visible on ur gump.

2/6 casting cap for casters, excluding chiv that caps at 4/6 or if ur magery is 69.9 or lower (unless they changed that, I’m unaware of a change).

60% ssi is a hard cap including gear & wep. U need to figure ur wep speed & stam then adjust accordingly to get ur swings to the 1.25 sec cap. Take into consideration stam loss that occurs from taking damage so when stam drops off ur max u can still keep ur 1.25 swing speed @ cap. There’s plenty of calculators around that will help.

Excluding refinements (if u want to try them READ up) HCI 45 DCI 45 caps - a must for dexers. 45 DCI is a must for casters but only if ur using a mage wep, wrestling, parry, or anat/eval, otherwise not important. Casters w/o the previous should try to fit on casting focus.

Casting focus hard caps at 17% if you have GM Inscription otherwise it caps at 12%.

HPR hard caps at 18. MR has severe diminishing returns at 30. SR is irrelevant in Tram (use wep leeching if no SR or metal armor) but some helps in Fel if u don’t have focus.

No cap on SDI in PvM is KEY, load on as much as u can. PvP SDI @CovenantX covered.

U can over cap str so cursed doesn’t drop hit points so much. Once u hit 150 str the gump won’t show any higher but when cursed the game takes over cap str into consideration when determining the amount that stat will drop.

And, thats long enough & more typing then I can stand on a phone. Yes, I missed a lot and yes others have said some of it already. Didn’t read every post entirely so apologies if I stepped on anyone’s toes.

Hope it helps.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like 3 metal pieces on my dexer, personal preference but entirely dependent on the template)
Does the Gloves of Feudal Grip and Britches of Warding help with Stam loss?

I use those on My dexers. They do give the +1 LMC. If so Yeah!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Does the Gloves of Feudal Grip and Britches of Warding help with Stam loss?

I use those on My dexers. They do give the +1 LMC. If so Yeah!
According to the Wiki and UO notes, the gloves are considered dragon armor and they are blacksmithy item so they normally should give stam loss reduction. Also the britches are a chain-mail item, also blacksmithy, so normally they too should give stam loss reduction. But your character is an archer, so he by profession does not get hit most of the time, since he uses archery. I think the stam loss reduction we re talking about refers to direct damage by mobs, and not to stam. otherwise, like an archer might sustain with to some effect by the archery process. Now if you have other dexxers like melee weapon and not ranged, then these 2 items should be awesome! I wish I had the gloves and will try to get the britches. All I need is the *** recipe..lol. The recipe for the gloves I think is godly expensive.