• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ease of Acid?

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Is there a way to ease the damage caused by acid? I've been fighting red solen Warriors and queens and even though I have all 70s resist, I still get 30-40 damage when they spit acid at me. And doesn't this do extra damage to my armor? I thought I heard once of acid proofing stuff but don't know much about it.

Help, plz, tx. :)

~been doing solen quests

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can't acid proof... the idea is to kill them before they spit at you and... don't stand in their acid.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only thing I can think of that may help but I’ve never tested may be the balm of protection, a monster stealable loot. It works against grizzled acid area damage along w/ some other area damages from various other monsters.

The monster stealables can be found here w/ brief descriptions :
(again not tested but only thing I could think of - hope it helps). :)

Monster Stealables - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
You can't acid proof... the idea is to kill them before they spit at you and... don't stand in their acid.
Well, I know not to stand in pool of acid. But I can't always kill them before they spit. And when two or more spit at same time, I go Oooo. There should be a range or direct line of site to get out of. It's like a fireball, it follows me. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I know not to stand in pool of acid. But I can't always kill them before they spit. And when two or more spit at same time, I go Oooo. There should be a range or direct line of site to get out of. It's like a fireball, it follows me. :(
Yes well at least they don't follow you through a gate... I recall the invasion of Yew by the plague.... and how the plague beast things could spit that blue cloud at you and that sucker would travel for a LONG time... I recall once thinking I got away when I recalled from Yew to WBB only to be hit by the blue blob and instantly killed minutes after arriving ... they just kept following you.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Only thing I can think of that may help but I’ve never tested may be the balm of protection, a monster stealable loot. It works against grizzled acid area damage along w/ some other area damages from various other monsters.

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin" Sorry, I couldn't resist. I say EVERYTIME we go to Paroxysmus! LOL

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman

Mmm, me thinks I shall look into this. :arr: Thanks

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Yes well at least they don't follow you through a gate... I recall the invasion of Yew by the plague.... and how the plague beast things could spit that blue cloud at you and that sucker would travel for a LONG time... I recall once thinking I got away when I recalled from Yew to WBB only to be hit by the blue blob and instantly killed minutes after arriving ... they just kept following you.
OMG! That is the next quest I'm about to do. PBL surgery. I wanted to do each clasic quest once, just to say I did it, I probably have but forgot. I still need PB and Strange Contraption. It was kinda my goal this weekend. I also killed a couple of paragons(grizzly bear, imp, shadow wisp and gazer) while in Ish. Haven't done that in forever either. Maybe next week I move onto ML quests.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIRC they work to lessen damage on some things not listed officially. It’s been yrs but I believe I used them w/varying success on a few other monster’s area effects not in the description.

If u are able to get ur hands on one to test, plz let us know the outcome. :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to ease the damage caused by acid? I've been fighting red solen Warriors and queens and even though I have all 70s resist, I still get 30-40 damage when they spit acid at me. And doesn't this do extra damage to my armor? I thought I heard once of acid proofing stuff but don't know much about it.

Help, plz, tx. :)

~been doing solen quests
Try holding a SC weapon, with or without FC-1, as explained in the wiki by BS as below:

==>
"Spell Channeling N/A Weapons(I)(R)(L), Shields(I)(R)(L), N/A Allows the casting of magery spells while a weapon or shield is equipped.
Has a penalty of Faster Casting -1 property, which can be cancelled out if the item also spawns with the faster cast 1 property. In this case neither faster cast properties will display. Makes a weapon immune to slime acid damage."
<==

Try it and see how it works. Otherwise you still get some wear and tear with this, but nothing compared to without..:)