• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Okay, so for those of us who are a bit slower than others

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please explain the puzzles...

On test, one popped up looked like a picture puzzle (I assume is what y'all are calling a slider). No matter what I did nothing seems to happen. It even had two buttons on it, but they didnt seem to do anything.

So....for us slow folks, step by step this, please.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This guy is good at solving them. There are others that show you how they do them.

You move a part to the blank area by clicking the part you want to move next to the blank area.

I cant do them yet.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the squares is black, you click on a picture piece to the left, right, top or bottom of it and it moves into the black space and leaves a black space from where ever you clicked the picture piece. I always align the bottom pieces first, usually the 3 that have a piece of the banner with words on it. Next I do the middle then the top.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yay I got one of the sliders done. Got the bottom then randomly clicked till I got the rest. Been working on it on and off since yesterday. Im sure there is a method of doing it. But then it is not a puzzle anymore.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a method .. but I'll let you guys figure it out a little bit , after all it's not even on live yet :D

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to do treasure chests, not play side games. If I want to do sliders and puzzles, I would play facebook games. :mad:
I agree in general, but how many more people play facebook games than play UO? maybe by adding things like this they will increase the player base, or maybe not. only time will tell.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree in general, but how many more people play facebook games than play UO? maybe by adding things like this they will increase the player base, or maybe not. only time will tell.
Highly doubt it... First off people would have to "know" about UO... UO isn't played on a mobile device... it's on a PC... which with facebook stupid games you can go anywhere... you aren't stuck to a computer all day... so NO I rather doubt this would bring anyone to playing UO...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Highly doubt it... First off people would have to "know" about UO... UO isn't played on a mobile device... it's on a PC... which with facebook stupid games you can go anywhere... you aren't stuck to a computer all day... so NO I rather doubt this would bring anyone to playing UO...
But you don't know for sure do you?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But you don't know for sure do you?
Mobile games are what most folk play now... why do you think that they made switch?

Pretty darn sure no one outside those who used to play UO has even HEARD of UO. I play Black Desert Online... and whenever I mention UO *(Guild has tons of folk in it and so does the game) Very few have heard of it and of those, many quit back when it was all Fel and have the same reaction... "UO? You play that? God I hate that game." There are very few who say they have "fond" memories of it. Some go "OMG is that still around?" To which I say "Yeah I still play 20+ years later" and they ask me why... sadly I can't really give them a good answer. Certainly isn't graphics... definitely isn't grindy ass crap like much of the game... mostly I'm left saying... "Friends and community" but as that is dwindling away as well it's losing its grip.

I don't see a few puzzles on an obscure part of UO bring a ton of folk back to UO. Especially when they want it to bring groups out to play. I don't see it entertaining a whole group either as I fail to see how adding a stupid dead skill to the needs AND putting in a mandatory puzzle that many struggle with is going to really endure people who left to return... Let's make the game more boring... shall we?

I did so many of those mindgame cylinder puzzles in Khaldun I don't care if I ever do another. And I actually enjoy those puzzles... what I didn't enjoy was working on the puzzle to have some stealthing SOB come along and grab whatever out of the chest as soon as I was done with it. Also didn't enjoy people luring a bunch of mobs onto me while I was trying to do them...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mobile games are what most folk play now... why do you think that they made switch?

Pretty darn sure no one outside those who used to play UO has even HEARD of UO. I play Black Desert Online... and whenever I mention UO *(Guild has tons of folk in it and so does the game) Very few have heard of it and of those, many quit back when it was all Fel and have the same reaction... "UO? You play that? God I hate that game." There are very few who say they have "fond" memories of it. Some go "OMG is that still around?" To which I say "Yeah I still play 20+ years later" and they ask me why... sadly I can't really give them a good answer. Certainly isn't graphics... definitely isn't grindy ass crap like much of the game... mostly I'm left saying... "Friends and community" but as that is dwindling away as well it's losing its grip.

I don't see a few puzzles on an obscure part of UO bring a ton of folk back to UO. Especially when they want it to bring groups out to play. I don't see it entertaining a whole group either as I fail to see how adding a stupid dead skill to the needs AND putting in a mandatory puzzle that many struggle with is going to really endure people who left to return... Let's make the game more boring... shall we?

I did so many of those mindgame cylinder puzzles in Khaldun I don't care if I ever do another. And I actually enjoy those puzzles... what I didn't enjoy was working on the puzzle to have some stealthing SOB come along and grab whatever out of the chest as soon as I was done with it. Also didn't enjoy people luring a bunch of mobs onto me while I was trying to do them...
So you don't know for sure, you are just guessing?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And so are you, but if I had money in the game I would place all my money on @MalagAste to win.
Read my post, i didn't say it would bring people in, I said that maybe it would only time will tell. Nobody knows the future, we all just take a guess now and then.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I used facebook as an example but I don't want a mini-game in the middle of my game. I have been doing treasure chests for years, tmaps and MIB's are about the only things that bring me back from my many long breaks. I am not paying for UO to play mini-games. I do level 6 and 7 chests for the fun cause the treasure sucks for the most part. I enjoy killing the guardians and seeing how many ancient's and frost dragons I can pull. It seems with every so called "upgrade" they bring in, it is one less reason for me to log in. It has been almost 2 years since I played last and I guess I should have read up more before resubbing. The fishing changes seemed good so I figured the treasure hunting would be as well. Big mistake on my part. I guess it is back to Eve for me again.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used facebook as an example but I don't want a mini-game in the middle of my game. I have been doing treasure chests for years and MIB's are about the only things that bring me back from my many long breaks. I am not paying for UO to play mini-games. I do level 6 and 7 chests for the fun cause the treasure sucks for the most part. I enjoy killing the guardians and seeing how many ancient's and frost dragons I can pull. It seems with every so called "upgrade" they bring in, it is one less reason for me to log in. It has been almost 2 years since I played last and I guess I should have read up more before resubbing. The fishing changes seemed good so I figured the treasure hunting would be as well. Big mistake on my part. I guess it is back to Eve for me again.
It's unfortunate that you are not going to hang araound, but at least the Devs are trying something. They are asking for feedback on the official forums, have you tried it there, or gone to TC1 and tried the content and maybe left feedback with Kyronix there? they can't fix something, if they don't have proper feedback and solid ideas.

bourne

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I used facebook as an example but I don't want a mini-game in the middle of my game. I have been doing treasure chests for years, t-maps and MIB's are about the only things that bring me back from my many long breaks. I am not paying for UO to play mini-games. I do level 6 and 7 chests for the fun cause the treasure sucks for the most part. I enjoy killing the guardians and seeing how many ancient's and frost dragons I can pull. It seems with every so called "upgrade" they bring in, it is one less reason for me to log in. It has been almost 2 years since I played last and I guess I should have read up more before resubbing. The fishing changes seemed good so I figured the treasure hunting would be as well. Big mistake on my part. I guess it is back to Eve for me again.
Why so "ultimatum"? Wait a little bit and see what the changes will bring. Not everything in TC will make it to live. You did ok to resub : There is a HUGE amount of content of 10000 different ways. Including even pet revamping etc. Hopefully there will be updates for PVP players also. Its still fun. The loot may be bumped up with the new thunting. Don't let the puzzles run you down. They may be ok, if the fails do not wipe out the chest contents. I doubt that the devs so callous or poorly endowed intellectually to let that happen. Don't give up yet. The battle is not over yet.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why so "ultimatum"? Wait a little bit and see what the changes will bring. Not everything in TC will make it to live. You did ok to resub : There is a HUGE amount of content of 10000 different ways. Including even pet revamping etc. Hopefully there will be updates for PVP players also. Its still fun. The loot may be bumped up with the new thunting. Don't let the puzzles run you down. They may be ok, if the fails do not wipe out the chest contents. I doubt that the devs so callous or poorly endowed intellectually to let that happen. Don't give up yet. The battle is not over yet.
It's not really an ultimatum but more a general statement. I come back and play for a month or two before becoming bored and leaving for a while. Treasure hunting is generally the thing that brings me back and I am disappointed with the puzzles. I don't find them very enjoyable. I remember one in the abyss that every time you step on the wrong square, it sends you back to where you started. I don't bother with the puzzles because that is not why I play. The lower level maps offer no challenge so the thought of being stuck with the lower ones makes me disappointed and sad. I hope they do change it because t-maps have always been my thing. I think the last group one I did was 7 years ago during a player run event. Prior to that, it was an EM event put on by EM Duddley before he went on the be a dev. I think it was a cross shard treasure hunt and I still have the specially made robe and cloak from our team. I have 2 lockers full of t-maps and 1 full of SOS.

The pet training is okay but I am not sure how long it will hold my interest. @Khaelor and @Khyro have been helping me get started with that. I will try out the new pirate hunting but that was usually fun for a couple of days before growing bored with it. Everyone has their own mules and aside from spellbooks and runebooks, there is really no need for anything else so my days of being a merchant are long gone. I have never gotten into the event rares because they generally go to the same 5-8 cross shard players and the lag is horrendous. Most of my friends are long gone so group stuff for me is pretty much non-existent.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I swear 3/4 of stratics posters don't even play the game and yet I see them daily complain on the forums about everything , while they havent played in 2 years .

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED