• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

contest keep top 20 on test center

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Selling my votes for ATl gold. or was that just a :tinhat: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe this is the reason that earlier today someone was there with at least 15+ accounts
It is against the rules to pay for something and use it?

I still do not understand why a PvP or PvM on Atlantic can not design a quild Castle or Keep and make that win. They could write their Guild name on top or make the design shaped like it.

Prob 20 votes would get in the top 3.

Jelinidas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Check out #15
15 is one of the better ones. My problem is, is what I see what I get. (I know the décor/deeded items not included) Some of the walls inside look like they were added after the submit. Are the virtue things on the floor add ons or not? like I said though, 15 is one of the better ones!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtue tiles and Codex are add-ons.

There is some small amount of customization possible in the front larger rooms on each floor which allows for a lot of options inside the exterior walls.

Last round it seemed like people thought I had too much customization available. Honestly, everyone has their own preference.

Until and if they ever just let us customize keeps or castles, this is what we are stuck with.

So far all my keeps are still the old classic keep. I haven't converted to any of the new designs. I'm trying to design what I want ingame and at the same time make it customizable enough that others like it enough to vote for it. Even this design I've found some things I would like to change once I started putting add-ons in it. Too late now.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine #12 BALLINA KEEP is fully customizable and designed to be that way. It has 3 porters to 2nd, 3rd, and roof in the porter bay, a backdoor, and can have a craftable front door added if you want. I posted the full floors on the other forum but just to give people inspiration and why it has no 'internal' walls these are a couple of pics.

EG: this is the ground floor as it comes:

If you don't want to add walls etc you can 'zone' it with your deco and create divisions or areas by using cupboards or banks of chests etc.

upload_2019-5-10_17-30-17.png

This is 2 versions of the ground floor if you want to add crafted walls, one where I used orange dyed walls just to show how they can tie in, one with standard grey crafted walls and a bit of suggestive deco with a stable area etc just to show the flexibility of the build. The 2nd and 3rd floors have the same flexibility.

upload_2019-5-10_17-32-24.png

upload_2019-5-10_17-33-2.png

Anyways good luck all :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG some really awefull designing... nothing is better than the ones we have... yes yes u can say why dont you have a go yourself... and yes yes it looks like i will have too next time around... no votes form me this round....sorry but...ITS A NO FROM ME

I can now safely start decoring my new Atl keep knowing there are no better designs than the 2 or 3 we have already....

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some very creative designs this time. We already have large open spaced keeps. I won with two of them, Robin a third. Why not something different? We get six new keeps. SIX. Why not some more intricate and some more open.
I cannot wait to see what some complainers come up with next time. Oh yea... and I think this top 20 has more well built entries than any other. The designs may not suit you but they are well made.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are some very creative designs this time. We already have large open spaced keeps. I won with two of them, Robin a third. Why not something different? We get six new keeps. SIX. Why not some more intricate and some more open.
I cannot wait to see what some complainers come up with next time. Oh yea... and I think this top 20 has more well built entries than any other. The designs may not suit you but they are well made.
Robins keep like the Castle is limited ... I would use the design but IMO it sucks that I can't choose to put in a door or an archway because Robin chose what I am stuck using... if I use that design. HATE that... I would prefer to make my own decision on what to stick in a doorway. While I love the overall design it leaves no choices and basically does not allow anyone to put their own "stamp" on it or fix it to their own needs.

There are tons of designs that are ok to look at but offer NOTHING in the way of usefulness... some are so complicated and the flow is horrible... remember your going to want to store things... show things off and such and when the design is overly complex or crammed with space that is IMO wasted as you can't place anything on it or around it... what good is it if it's not functional? No one has a Keep or Castle for its looks. They have them for the added storage and ability to show off your collections of stuff. Hence the wide open desires and why people were building layer upon layer over them... From corner to corner... for more space... not less.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players have different reasons for designing their keeps and castles. No one is going to be perfect for most players, unless its one that they had designed and was picked.
For me personally I like to have a more open design so that I can create rooms as needed for displaying my museum and work shop areas. I did see one particular design
in this newest group that looked pretty close to what I am aiming for.
Thank you everyone for taking time out to create your dream keeps. it can be very time consuming to say the very least.
Riply

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said we can have some that are more intricate and some that are more open. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you everyone for taking time out to create your dream keeps.
Exactly! We have discovered we all have different dreams. That is one reason UO has continued so long. We like to make things that we like.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See there is no way a Large guild could not get together and make a Guild House for themselves. Others would probably like the design and cover any Guild markings with Pavers.

:( I voted for Aryas.

And Miss E bought one of my votes when I met her there. She paid with kindness.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could have been great. Its ok. Wish one was not a copy (changed a little) of another recent winner. I am so proud of Sally Trees/ Cinderella!!! :) You did well by Sally!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:cheerleader:Congrats to the Winners so far. Top 3 then 3 picked by my Queen.:cheerleader:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It could have been great. Its ok. Wish one was not a copy (changed a little) of another recent winner. I am so proud of Sally Trees/ Cinderella!!! :) You did well by Sally!
I was number 61 on the stone to begin with... so I think it did pretty good.
I stayed in 8th place, but technically there were 4 of us that had 19 votes

I'm glad Sally gave me permission to refurbish the original design I liked so much...

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Definitely congratulations to all of the winners!! I know people love wide open but I really love Number 4. Just so creative so different. I would love to see it be picked as one of the final 3. There was one this intricate last time and they never seem to do well. I am so hoping that this one does. I think everyone has done a great job in building what they love and in trying to make it what all will love. It is a hard job. Thank you to the UO team for this chance. What other game offers a chance like this? NONE!!!

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I like most of them. Now I'm filled with regret. Years ago, someone offered me a keep plot for cheap and I turned it down because I like being able to customize. Now it will be next to impossible to find a keep or castle. :sad2:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay "Sally Trees" @Cinderella! You are one of the nicest players I have ever met. :) Sad with the happy as number 4 was not chosen. The most creative one I have ever seen! It was not mine or Robin's. We did not enter this time. And M. Nothing wrong with a players winning twice. It has happened. If you have a thing for ladders you could have picked 4 winners.

voice

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am the author of number 4
Thank you very much for your support
But number 2 is also my work :)
The next contest will also make something interesting!
Come try to see a new house in the size of the castle.
The teleporter is locked down to the house numbered 4.
I'm sorry that English may be strange because it is Google translation

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See there is no way a Large guild could not get together and make a Guild House for themselves. Others would probably like the design and cover any Guild markings with Pavers.

:( I voted for Aryas.

And Miss E bought one of my votes when I met her there. She paid with kindness.
Oh and who were you on there?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh and who were you on there?
The smart ass that was talking to you while I was testing Tritons. You had a lot of patience and did not get angry with me so I tossed you a vote since I was already there and voting was about to end.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The smart ass that was talking to you while I was testing Tritons. You had a lot of patience and did not get angry with me so I tossed you a vote since I was already there and voting was about to end.
HA HA as much as it doesn't seem like it I seriously do not get bent about these comps, I know damn well the odds of ever getting a public vote for one of mine are nil to zero and I refuse to open a bunch of accounts to vote either lol. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the crap way the thing is set up. Nor on the fact that it is so easy to distort the vote with guilds etc etc. I just wish people voted for design not personalities or guild mates or whatever, but It is what it is. I am a pragmatist and tend to call things how I see em. It is the aussie way I guess and unless you know me it appears sometimes as brash or whatever, I just don't have patience to pander to b/s nor really care to change how I am even if ppl just don't get it. I also type in a very 'short' manner although never personally attack ppl even thou people attack me lol, I think they also don't get me. I am also too old to care.

Thanks for the vote in any case :p

Hope you had fun with your triton. I have picked 5 so far only one of which is pretty good although not looked at training it up yet. I need to do more investigation on the base stats etc before I bother training one up. Not overly excited about them as you can't ride them so I think they will go the way of the other NON rideable pets. Pity as unless they have something seriously spectacular about them then the rideables are always gonna be my preference.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wish people voted for design not personalities or guild mates or whatever, but It is what it is.
I disagree. Why hasn't a large guild built a guild house for themselves? There has to be a Guild or Roleplay community that could get 40 votes. This is what confuses me.

You can ask someone to vote for your design, but they still have to go there and push the button.

Designing houses has kept many players accounts open. Just have fun designing for the contest.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree. Why hasn't a large guild built a guild house for themselves? There has to be a Guild or Roleplay community that could get 40 votes. This is what confuses me.

You can ask someone to vote for your design, but they still have to go there and push the button.

Designing houses has kept many players accounts open. Just have fun designing for the contest.
Huh disagree with what? You lost me, I don' t disagree with anything you just said. My point is that for ppl like myself from small shards who are not in large guilds you basically have no hope of getting through via a public vote the only thing that will get you through is stranger votes from other shards. Even if EVERY person on my shard voted for a design by me or anyone else from my shard you would NOT get 40 votes. Even the guy on my shard who runs the largest guild by a LONG way couldn't get more than 20 votes on his design and I think he actually has about 8-9 active accounts himself. There are just not that many people on the whole shard. We did a count in gen chat on our shard the other day trying to work out how many 'active' players we could all name, about 6 of us in the convo and we came up with less than 40 real life players, sad, lol.

You would then have to get every one of them to vote and most people unless they have a keep or castle really can't be bothered, nor would you expect them too, if I didn't have keeps and castles I wouldn't give a toss either.

I guess on the larger shards, large guilds who want a guild house can surely get the numbers up, especially if you were building a premise they were gonna use and they all had multi accounts, I mean 20 ppl in a guild on a populated shard all with 2-3 accounts each could beat anything my shard could rustle up.

Thing is I am actually NOT complaining, just making conversation and discussing the issue, this is a forum for discussion :). I will keep building and who knows maybe i will be surprised, but I doubt it lol. No design has got up from our shard on a public vote.