• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which pet is best

Nooberu

Visitor
What pet is best for a t hunter and how do i make the perfect one for solo maps all levels i have 120tame lore 100 vet mage carto mining pick

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure about the perfect one, but I am using the same set up as you, and I am using a greater dragon. It is untrained according to the new .. thing, but a good and trusted skilled one even so. I can solo all T maps, regardless of level. Even the diabolical one.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I use a high resist Greater, he is pre-patch, been using him for years. I can solo all level maps regardless of facet with him.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite is a full trained blue beetle with Rune Corruption, AI, and Lethal Poison. Then when all the killin is done I load his back pack up and off we go. My treasure hunter always gets the best trade in points.... lol I drop consumed damage on him once he is locked on and the Guardians have popped.... heal from a distance if need be.

A lot is just technique, knowing what to do when. I would avoid untrained legacy pets on Diabolic unless you are experienced. Lestat has done so many maps over the years he can probably do a Diabolic with an untrained blue beetle. I have dug hundreds and hundreds of maps.... all levels. I typically can't solo a diabolic with my old dragon.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not sure about the perfect one, but I am using the same set up as you, and I am using a greater dragon. It is untrained according to the new .. thing, but a good and trusted skilled one even so. I can solo all T maps, regardless of level. Even the diabolical one.
Nice..

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I generally do them with my beetle.. its just too convenient to be able to load it up and ride away...

bourne

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
So if Davies says 34S, 24E I go to that spot and dig. Is that the exact spot or approximate spot the coords designate? The biggest problem for me is to find the right spot even if I am sitting on the exact coords from the locker..What is the trick to find it? My carto is 100, RT is 60..tyvm in advance..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So if Davies says 34S, 24E I go to that spot and dig. Is that the exact spot or approximate spot the coords designate? The biggest problem for me is to find the right spot even if I am sitting on the exact coords from the locker..What is the trick to find it? My carto is 100, RT is 60..tyvm in advance..
The coordinates from the locker are just the degrees, not the full degrees and minutes. So, they define one corner of a 1 degree by 1 degree square

Each step can be 4-6 minutes of latitude or longitude, so that's a 10-15 x 10-15 square to search.

• If the coordinates are yN xE (the x & y being the numbers), then that is the bottom left corner of the box.
  • If they are yN xW, the listed spot is the bottom right corner of the box
  • yS xE is the top left corner.
  • yS xW is the top right corner.
  • If you have trouble visualizing them, use a compass or the UOAssist command -where in the CC to find them, and mark them.

From there, it's just a matter of exploring the box. At GM Cartography, you have a dig range where standing at the approximate middle and digging the 4 cardinal directions has a good chance of finding it, or you can do like I do and start in one corner and mow the yard, digging in the two directions into the square every 4-5 steps, then stepping 4 down and crossing back (repeating the process) if you don't find it while crossing.

bourne

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
The coordinates from the locker are just the degrees, not the full degrees and minutes. So, they define one corner of a 1 degree by 1 degree square

Each step can be 4-6 minutes of latitude or longitude, so that's a 10-15 x 10-15 square to search.

• If the coordinates are yN xE (the x & y being the numbers), then that is the bottom left corner of the box.
  • If they are yN xW, the listed spot is the bottom right corner of the box
  • yS xE is the top left corner.
  • yS xW is the top right corner.
  • If you have trouble visualizing them, use a compass or the UOAssist command -where in the CC to find them, and mark them.

From there, it's just a matter of exploring the box. At GM Cartography, you have a dig range where standing at the approximate middle and digging the 4 cardinal directions has a good chance of finding it, or you can do like I do and start in one corner and mow the yard, digging in the two directions into the square every 4-5 steps, then stepping 4 down and crossing back (repeating the process) if you don't find it while crossing.
Thanks, Basara, this will make it much easier. Appreciate the info.