• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Highest Tier Tokuno Monster?

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Fan Dancer seems to be considered a level 4 (based on fame/karma) , other higher tier monsters seem to be Oni, Lady of the Snow, and Yamadon.

Anything else? The Yamadon spawn was a pain to wrangle since it was on a coast with a wide spawn radius

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fan Dancer seems to be considered a level 4 (based on fame/karma) , other higher tier monsters seem to be Oni, Lady of the Snow, and Yamadon.

Anything else? The Yamadon spawn was a pain to wrangle since it was on a coast with a wide spawn radius
The easy answer is anything you would dig up on a level 7 map would probably be considered "high tier". A real answer to your question kind of depends on what you consider "high tier" though. Are you talking about just fame/karma because then I might also throw rune beetles in there? If you are talking about difficulty of killing then I'd probably say Yamadon takes the cake (off the top of my head at least). If you are talking loot then it opens the door greatly because I've gotten a few usable things (2 mod overcapped jewels) from things like ninja/ronins. I think you could also throw hiryu's into all of those categories as well.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There arnt many named monster in Tokuno either, im thinking of Serado the boss of the Tokuno champion spawn, then would probly come the Succubus in second place with 24k fame and Yamandons in third with 22k fame..

Last edited:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ooh the champ spawn, I didn't think of that. I'm looking for Splintering Bokuto primarily, so it's all about what can give me 30 Splintering.

I did 50 level 7 tmaps this week in Tokuno, with about 3400 luck and one thing I'm positive of Is that Splintering does not spawn on treasure map lchest oot at all.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I'll do some work with Onis, Yamadons and try the champ spawn for the next week

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Splintering doesnt drop IN tokuno I beleive unless they added it in last 2 years while I quit the game. Try succubus they are the best fame trash monster in the game , they are at the top tier close to ancient liches level.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
It does, but only as monster loot it appears. So fan dancers will drop the mod Splintering and drop the tokuno specific loot bokuto

Slasher of veils in Tokuno will drop splintering but it's loot table doesn't have any of the tokuno armor/wep types

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Max luck fel abccess. He drops splintering weapons. Also with high enough luck dark guardians drop 20 splinters.

Yomanadon point has a tight spawn area. Just lead the one or two rune beetles away for a clean hunting area.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Max luck fel abccess. He drops splintering weapons. Also with high enough luck dark guardians drop 20 splinters.

Yomanadon point has a tight spawn area. Just lead the one or two rune beetles away for a clean hunting area.
Sorry I don't want to totally hijack this thread but you bring up an interesting point (for me at least) about Fel Abcess. I was told to do those for "good loot" and for unnamed legendaries. I brought my sampire there for several days and I think I MIGHT have looted one legendary item out of hundreds of kills and I don't think I saw one splintering item over like 10% (I think my luck was around a total of 3500 w/ Fel bonus/honor/luck statue). I chalked it up to maybe that info was either old or bad intel.

Have you done Abcess recently and had better results?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does, but only as monster loot it appears. So fan dancers will drop the mod Splintering and drop the tokuno specific loot bokuto

Slasher of veils in Tokuno will drop splintering but it's loot table doesn't have any of the tokuno armor/wep types
Since when has there been a Slasher of Veils in Tokuno?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry I don't want to totally hijack this thread but you bring up an interesting point (for me at least) about Fel Abcess. I was told to do those for "good loot" and for unnamed legendaries. I brought my sampire there for several days and I think I MIGHT have looted one legendary item out of hundreds of kills and I don't think I saw one splintering item over like 10% (I think my luck was around a total of 3500 w/ Fel bonus/honor/luck statue). I chalked it up to maybe that info was either old or bad intel.

I think they nerfed it because bots were farming it. Because y'know just banning the bots was dumb and removing a source of loot for all players was the better idea.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

About one in 30-40 kills. A lot of chests (level 6 maps inside) and for some reason the loot tends to have more synergized mods.

*With fel luck, luck statue, honor, and suit I'm pushing 4k in luck.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
abcess takes too long to kill , better options elsewhere, but Icant tell all my good spots :D

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
abcess takes too long to kill , better options elsewhere, but Icant tell all my good spots :D
I didn't think the Abcess takes long at all; maybe a minute or 2 max? I honestly got tired of spending my entire hour with the luck statue there and getting absolutely nothing and doing the same thing the next day and the next day... what's the definition of insanity again? haha

Since you say an Abcess takes too long then you can't be talking about a good spot as the roof or Exodus so please do tell! BTW I don't need them all... one or two will suffice :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not slasher at the bottom of the Fan Dancer... that's just a regular every day balron...

There is an Oni down there a succubus and the balron...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Other then Ilshnear and Ter mur, splintering can only be gotten in dungeons or spawn areas. So as far as tokuno goes, only in the mines, fan dancer or the champ spawn, or travesty area. Also you can get bokutos from jail area of covetous 3 as well, but monsters there are 95% min in all resists.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
It's not slasher at the bottom of the Fan Dancer... that's just a regular every day balron...

There is an Oni down there a succubus and the balron...
ahh thought it was named Slasher of Veils, thanks for the clarification

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Other then Ilshnear and Ter mur, splintering can only be gotten in dungeons or spawn areas. So as far as tokuno goes, only in the mines, fan dancer or the champ spawn, or travesty area. Also you can get bokutos from jail area of covetous 3 as well, but monsters there are 95% min in all resists.
I feel like people often refer to "loot tables" or rules regarding certain loot (like above). Is there an actual loot table somewhere that says X mod items spawn in Y location with Z intensity or is this just based off experience? I feel like I've heard a similar thing said about SSI jewels...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel like people often refer to "loot tables" or rules regarding certain loot (like above). Is there an actual loot table somewhere that says X mod items spawn in Y location with Z intensity or is this just based off experience? I feel like I've heard a similar thing said about SSI jewels...
I don't know if it's documented anywhere tbh.

Stygian Abyss properties only tend to spawn on items generated in champion spawn areas & dungeons.

That being said, the entire facets of: Ilshenar, Termur & T2A are considered a dungeon, so you can get properties like Splintering Weapon, Casting Focus, Damage Eaters etc etc from those areas.

Trammel, Felucca, Tokuno & Malas overland (outside of dungeons) do not drop items with Stygian Abyss properties. -This goes for T-maps as well... no splintering weapons.

you can get SSI anywhere, you just seem to be having bad RNG there's plenty of that to go around...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't think the Abcess takes long at all; maybe a minute or 2 max? I honestly got tired of spending my entire hour with the luck statue there and getting absolutely nothing and doing the same thing the next day and the next day... what's the definition of insanity again? haha

Since you say an Abcess takes too long then you can't be talking about a good spot as the roof or Exodus so please do tell! BTW I don't need them all... one or two will suffice :)
I compare monsters loot tables much like runic reforging. If you want a clean 20% splintering weapon as a lesser artifact, which is about in the middle of the loot or a little bit above, I compare it to a copper runic reforging as powerful or a bronze runic non-powerful. So you want a monster in the middle of fame table with like 8-12k fame , but alot of them , remember quantity sometimes is better than quality . So I suggest dark guardians room in doom with higest luck possible, youll get tons of splinters 20% clean. So you wanted one of my spot , there it is hehe.
Even got a clean 30% one yesterday and dark guardian is a 8k fame monster...

Btw I interpret luck as being a factor to get cleaner stuff , or cursed/antique stuff which cursed I think is the top modifier on an item for the intensity , or maybe antique is , not too sure. But if you put high luck on a middle range monster , you have alot more chance to get middle range stuff like major magic items or lesser artifacts clean. Luck is there to guarantee more a top intensity item , cursed antique or clean, for the level range of monster you fighting.

If I was to make a chart for loot intensity vs fame level Id go as follow :

DullCop runic : 0-3k Fame
Shadow runic : 3-5k
Copper runic : 5-8k
Bronze runic : 8-12k
Gold runic :12-15k
Agapite runic :15-18k
Verite runic :18-22k
valorite runic : 22-28k+

Just to give you an idea , its from my estimation and everything would vary with luck being the factor like powerful is a factor on reforging.
But loot has much more weight cap on intensity than reforging has sadly hehe , wish they would revamp reforging a little bit to compete with the 15 mods legendaries out there...

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
years ago there was a book released in Japan that had loot tables listed for all higher end and named mobs.
so when you hear us NA people talk about loot tables we are just trying to sound as educated as our Japanese counterparts when in real life we have no idea what we are talking about and just make up some mental loot tables, makes us sound important.