• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to game. House Condenmed?

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Just got back into game,
Realised my account somehow had stopped direct debit, luckily my house is still standing but its condenmed now and the structure is fairly worn.
My accounts paid for and i've entered my house, is my house going to fall in the next few days and should i pack my stuff up and brace for the worst or will is there a way to save it?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is what i understand to be the case, that your house will now refresh in the morning:

Condemned Houses
Your house will become condemned under the following conditions:
If you place another house, except under the conditions referred to above. In this case the only way to prevent the house from falling is to trade it to another account.
If your account becomes inactive (ie not paid for). In this case there is a 90 day grace period after which the house will begin to decay. If the account is reactivated before the final stages of decay the house will refresh at the following server up.

House decay

Edit: I had that happen to me once - got scared, packed up everything, then realized I didn't have to after all :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
always good to keep a tight updated calander while playing the 90 day roulette

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as the house is not in the final stage of decay "in danger of collapsing" then it will refresh.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Welcome Home old Friend

Delores D

Journeyman
We had a friend that we found his houses were both idoc. We finally got a hold of him and his acct information. What we did was trade the houses to another person and that saved them.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With new housing rules, you need to trade a condemned house. Do not think it will automatically refresh cuz it wont.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are confusing "IDOC" with decay.

IDOC, "in danger of collapsing" is the final stage of housing decay. Even the devs cause confusion themselves. From the UO Wiki "When a house reaches the IDOC stage house will become set to ‘private’ and all access will be removed." In reality the house becomes set to private as soon as it is condemned.

It sounds like the system is not working as intended, per comments above.

If a house is condemned in any of the first five stages then you should be able to refresh it by paying for and reactivating the account. When it cycles to the next stage it will refresh. If the house is already in the last stage, IDOC, then it's supposed to fall. It's not supposed to refresh. Unless it has vendors in it, it should fall.