• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to get a toggle to turn off a new gump temporarily when that happens? Or maybe I could get you a SS token on test to see if you can duplicate it?
I tried the last time to replicate the issue, but I couldn't, there must be something specific causing that so it's best if you take a picture when the problem happens :)

when it happens, type:
/script SoulstoneGump.ToggleGump()
in chat and the old gump should appear, after that take a screenshot so we can see what's going on :D
Just make sure the text on the gump is visible in the screenshot :)

@Pinco

New center screen image:
View attachment 95958

Test: You recover maritime trade cargo!
added :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried the last time to replicate the issue, but I couldn't, there must be something specific causing that so it's best if you take a picture when the problem happens :)

when it happens, type:
in chat and the old gump should appear, after that take a screenshot so we can see what's going on :D

Thank you, Pinco. I'll try. Of course when I am in a hurry and there is a group waiting for me it happens 5 times in a row. Now that you told me what to look for I can't duplicate it :D. I'll keep trying though.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Items like the quivers, first aid belt and the cannon gump can only hold a few items (3 max), but their windows are comparatively huge. Could you make a way for them to be smaller? (Resizing them resized ALL container gumps)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Items like the quivers, first aid belt and the cannon gump can only hold a few items (3 max), but their windows are comparatively huge. Could you make a way for them to be smaller? (Resizing them resized ALL container gumps)
The size is based on the gump, since the gump is also used in other containers it cannot be done safely. For the version without gump it should be possible by removing some buttons like sort... I need to check it out...

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Pinco I have a suggestion in the Classic Client they have the ability to Auto Open Nearby corpses is it possible to get this for the Pincos UI Enhanced Client?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it safe for us to multi client with your UI or does it mess stuff up?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I have a suggestion in the Classic Client they have the ability to Auto Open Nearby corpses is it possible to get this for the Pincos UI Enhanced Client?
No that has to be done inside the client...

Is it safe for us to multi client with your UI or does it mess stuff up?
Sure, that was the reason I changed the way the client detects EC Playsound in the first place :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco they recently changed some containers in CC to make them bigger, is it possible for you to do the same on the ones when we click on the Toggle to change from Grid, to List, to Legacy? They made changes to boxes and crates and some other containers. Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco they recently changed some containers in CC to make them bigger, is it possible for you to do the same on the ones when we click on the Toggle to change from Grid, to List, to Legacy? They made changes to boxes and crates and some other containers. Thanks
The size is based on the gump size so it should update automatically, and the legacy mode is handled inside the client so that should be fine too :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

when it happens, type:

So this is interesting. When I am unable to store the skill, my usual solution is to switch to default UI to do it. However, for some reason when I switch to default UI, I can only get old school (non-grid containers) so it is impossible to dig out the right soulstone out of the 60 I have without moving the soulstone to some empty chest first. Right before I posted about this issue, I got so frustrated that I took all the soulstones I have out of the bag I normally keep them in and locked them down on the roof of my house. So far it's been a week and they have been working perfectly. It seems the problem only occurs when the soulstone is not locked down. I will try to move some in a storage chest and see if the problem comes back.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a suggestion. I love that we can do more things from the health bars now. At the same time, doing urgent things, like healing, curing or invising is more difficult due to having to wait for the bar to expand before moving the mouse again and clicking - all under pressure. What do you think of an option of having heal, cure and invis as permanently visible small buttons (the way it used to be) while less urgent stuff (lore, backpack, etc) can appear on hover as they do now?

Edit: Please Ignore. Feature already exists. TY @Zeke

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@railshot there is an option in Settings - Healthbars - Small Healthbar Buttons to make the small dots again w/out the expanding...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Actually there are 2 gumps now for the crates and boxes. You have to go to the Settings and switch to Large ones.
Mmm no, that can't be done, the legacy containers are handled inside the client.
If you use grid, then you can just resize them as much as you want.
The question is: how messed up are the items inside for the people with the option disabled? :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty messed up as the pictures show the same crate. I normally use grid but I share a crafting area with someone who uses CC and she switched to the big gump. I'll just keep using the small one and we'll figure it out. Thanks for looking @Pinco

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

when it happens, type:
So, as I mentioned before, the issue only seems to occur when the soul stone is in a chest or a backpack. When the souls stone is locked down it operates properly
I played with a soul stone placed in a chest and was able to duplicate the issue (about 30% of the attempts to store a skill fail).
When the failure happens:
When I click OK on the Store Skill dialog, the dialog simply disappears. Entering /script SoulstoneGump.ToggleGump() does nothing (because the gump is gone). If I enter /script SoulstoneGump.ToggleGump() and have the default gump along side Pinko's gump, and then click OK on Pinko's gump and it fails - both gumps just disappear.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, as I mentioned before, the issue only seems to occur when the soul stone is in a chest or a backpack. When the souls stone is locked down it operates properly
I played with a soul stone placed in a chest and was able to duplicate the issue (about 30% of the attempts to store a skill fail).
When the failure happens:
When I click OK on the Store Skill dialog, the dialog simply disappears. Entering /script SoulstoneGump.ToggleGump() does nothing (because the gump is gone). If I enter /script SoulstoneGump.ToggleGump() and have the default gump along side Pinko's gump, and then click OK on Pinko's gump and it fails - both gumps just disappear.
Yeah but it's the default gump the key, I need a picture of that to understand what's going on :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah but it's the default gump the key, I need a picture of that to understand what's going on :D
Here's the picture: upload_2019-3-29_10-7-27.png
I tried spellweaving and necro and both would fail to store in about 20% of cases. The gump is identical to the one when they do work.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does the gump closes when you select the skill or in the next page? Maybe there is something different there?
Yes. the gump closes when I click on a skill to store both when it works and when it does not. The only visible difference is then it works, there is a sparkle effect around the character.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. the gump closes when I click on a skill to store both when it works and when it does not. The only visible difference is then it works, there is a sparkle effect around the character.
Have you tried with a clean profile if it keeps happening? Maybe there is something broken there, because there is no way to explain this random chance to work in the same conditions...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Target Severely Injured Party Member and Target Severely Injured Mobile Actions on are working in a macro. The injured mobile/party member never gets targeted.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco no error, it just doesn't make them the current target, or maybe i'm using it wrong it my macro. Basically I want to bandage whoever is the most damaged in my party. I've tried several variations of the macro.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco no error, it just doesn't make them the current target, or maybe i'm using it wrong it my macro. Basically I want to bandage whoever is the most damaged in my party. I've tried several variations of the macro.
You need to do like this: bandage (with target cursor) -> wait for target -> target most injured
This will target the mobile but it won't necessarily make it current target...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I tried that and all I get is the target cursor, it never applies the bandage to the party member, same issue with target Severely Injured Mobile.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enable Map Area/Facet Combo --- Why does this keep checking itself every time I log out. I uncheck both the sizes of the Atlas and it mostly works until I log out, but every time I get in game I have to uncheck it again in options. I don't need that info except once in a blue moon and I like to see ALL my map.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just had an electrical outage and I was playing UO. The electric (240) went to about half power for a few seconds before I got the computer shut off.

I got back online and now it seems I just don't have Pinco's, it boots on every account only to the standard EC with no savings of any character so far. It looks like it's booting the Pinco UI, goes thru the Pinco window, checks files etc and then i click on go to UO and click it and it goes straight to the vanilla with NO macros, screen setups, nothing.

What do I do now?

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just had an electrical outage and I was playing UO. The electric (240) went to about half power for a few seconds before I got the computer shut off.

I got back online and now it seems I just don't have Pinco's, it boots on every account only to the standard EC with no savings of any character so far. It looks like it's booting the Pinco UI, goes thru the Pinco window, checks files etc and then i click on go to UO and click it and it goes straight to the vanilla with NO macros, screen setups, nothing.

What do I do now?
Did you check which UI (Pinco's or Default) is selected under settings?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you check which UI (Pinco's or Default) is selected under settings?
Yeah, it wasn't that, I reinstalled Pinco's and it's working now, but I lost my main characters complete setup. I've worked on getting it back all day and still not even half there. It was my fault, I should have had a battery backup but my nice big APC kicked the bucket a few weeks ago and I just haven't had the cash to buy another one so here's my payback. Thanks for answering, not your nor your programs fault, all mine.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I tried that and all I get is the target cursor, it never applies the bandage to the party member, same issue with target Severely Injured Mobile.
Enable Map Area/Facet Combo --- Why does this keep checking itself every time I log out. I uncheck both the sizes of the Atlas and it mostly works until I log out, but every time I get in game I have to uncheck it again in options. I don't need that info except once in a blue moon and I like to see ALL my map.
it should work now :)

Yeah, it wasn't that, I reinstalled Pinco's and it's working now, but I lost my main characters complete setup. I've worked on getting it back all day and still not even half there. It was my fault, I should have had a battery backup but my nice big APC kicked the bucket a few weeks ago and I just haven't had the cash to buy another one so here's my payback. Thanks for answering, not your nor your programs fault, all mine.
probably when the power went off some files got damaged (including your profiles)...
You can use a cloud service (like google drive) to automatically backup your user data folder. Google drive for example allows you to restore previous version of a file (in case something goes wrong), and it can be very useful :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco I'm looking and looking where do you find the pet training % on the Lore Menu?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I find it does not show if your pet has a long name

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Well that's lovely... so what am I supposed to do name all my pets "a"?

I seriously am not seeing anything for my pets progress... in pet training... on any pet I'm training.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that's lovely... so what am I supposed to do name all my pets "a"?

I seriously am not seeing anything for my pets progress... in pet training... on any pet I'm training.
Check for errors and provide a screenshot, thanks.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dunno if possible pinco but can you make a overhead text for pet spells or abilities when they use them? Love something like that.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Apologies for my dumbness, but how the heck one moves around the screen the Chat/Journal window??? Mine seems nailed... :eek:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies for my dumbness, but how the heck one moves around the screen the Chat/Journal window??? Mine seems nailed... :eek:
There is a lock/unlock option in the user settings, besides that you need to drag from a point without text and not where the scrollbar is :D