• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T Hunting changes

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who asked for a treasure hunting revamp in the first place ? loot was just fine... many other things would need a revamp before treasure hunting comon...

I hope they add at least some kind of events associated to this new treasure hunting, because as it is right now all they did is change the name of the maps and put junk in the maps xD

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This t hunter change is affecting my lockpicking chars going to make about 15 or more useless on many shards not everyone plays the same or has millions some of us earn as we go this will make my lockpickers useless making them unable to make any gold without serious grind.They did it with crafting change which made my crafters useless but this as a sideways creeping change will affect lps who run a sequence of chest picking to keep my chars above water with gold. SZo I say no thank you how about playing the game on shards other than atlantic spend about 2 months u mite see the big picture.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, when he changed the chests to different classes, I thought we would get items that fit that class.
An opportunity to really allow us to get some good loot! I would jump through the hoops to get a shot at that.
Remove Trap, GM Carto with a 30 Talisman, Luck suit, High level gold chest, hunting in Fel, party with noobs that I toss the junk to.

I just wanted a bow that is better than what I can imbue.
Good luck with that... I've NEVER seen a bow as loot that was any good at all...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of us did. But what we asked for was a bump in loot, not a revamp of the whole process/procedure. Like they do most times, they overthought this.
@Kyronix reminds me a lot of my Brother... He'd take a fun simple game and make it so complicated only he knew all the rules so he'd always win...

Kyronix takes a simple thing in the game and overcomplicates and over thinks it... think refinements... too much **** to gather and 99% of it no one will ever use...

I love him I do... but seriously ... just needed a small tweak... not a convoluted twist...

I am liking the beacons and all but... not keen on reworking a character adding and subtracting skills ... not wanting to have everything destroyed if I use telekenisis... not really hearing anything good as far as loot goes in the chests...

and I still don't think a single person on the DEV team gets what needs to be on a weapon or armor to make it "useful"... the stuff you get anywhere is 99.9% trash. Even Legendaries... I almost laugh when I get something that says it's prized... NO ONE would prize that ever... yet it is going to cost you to insure that garbage...

I keep hoping that they will actually improve something and make it less annoying more fun... not less fun and more annoying...

I like the less clicking and crap for shooting a cannon... that's 1 thing they did get right. But I'm not seeing where this T-Hunting is better... granted I haven't bothered to go to TC and check it out as I find that a waste of time.. and by the sounds of others who are testing it I'm rather glad I haven't bothered.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So, when he changed the chests to different classes, I thought we would get items that fit that class.
An opportunity to really allow us to get some good loot! I would jump through the hoops to get a shot at that.
Remove Trap, GM Carto with a 30 Talisman, Luck suit, High level gold chest, hunting in Fel, party with noobs that I toss the junk to.

I just wanted a bow that is better than what I can imbue.
LP also will be needed..so 3 skills extra.:stir:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe he should do a map himself and look at the junk? Just an idea..
I've oftern wondered if they even bother to load this stuff up inhouse and play it for a bit as part of QA.

*waits for the incredulous laughter to die down*

Seriously tho, how many times does stuff hit that is broken right from the start?

Has no one done a map lately to see what we are calling junk? A simple loot boost might entail tossing out lower end stuff from spawning and adding a %% to what does spawn's intensity, certainly not what we are seeing in the spreadsheets lol.

Even a lot of the Major magic items would be usable, if they werent always so danged schizophrenic.

This whole thing has gotten crazy and out of hand

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... <huge snip> ...
This whole thing has gotten crazy and out of hand
<comedy/joking>

You could always leave, ya know. :eek: Oh wait! Like the rest of us you have that small streak of masochism that just forces you to put up with this silliness! <shrug>

;):)

</end comedy/joking>
TBH I expected no less than complications in a straight-forward request response.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres my issue with lots of this... I have precious little time to spend in UO... last thing I want to do is "waste" time trying to figure out all this stuff and test it on a shard like TC1 that I never play on and does me no good in the long run...
Well, it makes sense that they should develop the game to fall in line with the desires you have for your limited playing time, you've convinced me.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Time and time again I read people saying that they can't find anything valuable, but most of you have gone out and bought everything that you need, and insured it to make sure that you get to keep it forever. Then you have the nerve to whine about how you never find anything better than what you have. It amazes me that nobody sees the irony in this.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, if you can no longer chain chests the "special" drops need to have an essentially guaranteed drop rate, if not a chance at more than one, and the item intensity needs to be much higher. Right now you can chain, and you get guaranteed drops of blues at least. So if you can't chain, the rewards need to be BETTER than what they are now at a minimum, otherwise it's just a clear nerf on something that was already not very good. I can't seem to post on the offical forum, so... I guess that's my unread 2 cents. heh

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To me the game has become something of a boring soloists grind... it's all about stuff and no longer a community on which I feel in love with the game... it's about greed and selfishness that thrives and is rewarded... rewarding in the lack of the DEVs and GMs enforcement or in this case lack of enforcement of their own TOS which seems to be enforced at will... on only those few... not the known perpetrators of countless scams, antisocial harassment, cheats and hacks... those that have ruined most of the game for the rest of the players... many of whom like myself only keep our accounts active in that hope that something will finally change and they will once again focus on community...

But they treat every shard like it's Alt... where everyone is greedy... they forget that on all the other shards there aren't that many folks... and they also treat everything they put into game as if everyone will be script farming it 24/7 when many of us barely get 2 or 3 hours here and there to play... So most often we can't compete, can't get the items that everyone else gets as we don't solo the game... we don't cheat or script or hack... we don't have the billions in gold or anything like that to even buy the stuff and many folks (though not me) don't have the ability to run to Atl to get the latest and greatest kinds of stuff at over inflated prices...

So we are left barely playing because the grind just isn't fun nor is it rewarding enough to justify the time invested in it...

Take the roof for instance... I can solo most the rooms... and by solo I mean dual client to be able to do them... except 1 or 2 that I can't do alone... I have 5 or so tamers roof ready at present... but haven't been to the roof in ages because I refuse to solo that...

I would prefer to play the game with others... but I'm not about to transfer to some other shard to do it.... with as many accounts as I have that just isn't a possibility...
Once upon a time I toyed with the concept and had a castle on a couple of other shards.... but I became increasingly aware of what a pain it was to get the things I needed... and the idea of sending one of my crafters to another shard was more irritating than it was worthwhile... first off it made my "owned by" talismans forget who I was... secondly I had to take resources there... and bring them back...

Transferring to another shard you have to remember to transfer the gold with you... and then remember to bring it back should you return...

No one seems to want to share or do things as a group as god forbid that would make them miss out on getting the drop.

What the game really needs is a way to reward people for doing things as a group... and by group I mean bunch of people in a party that aren't all played by the same person... But figuring out who's just running 4 and 5 or 10 of their own accounts vs who's actually partied with other people I think would be difficult. But the more the game is geared to the solo player and greed... and the further it gets away from fun and community... the more I grow disgusted by it and the more I miss the old days where people just mostly wore GM crafted armor... and had GM weapons.. when dragons and Liches were something to fear...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Having the option to play as a group is one thing, being forced to play as a group is something else, my husband and I sometimes duo t-maps if they are in a bad area, but I mostly do them alone and enjoy them that way. Sometimes trying to get a group together can seriously waste any limited play-time you have. Someone on the other forum says you can't even decode some of the maps if you are not in a group....then there's the insane spawn in Eoden, the whole thing so far seems to be badly conceived and badly implemented. Maybe they should have done a few maps and then done a few more after they made the changes, so they could actually compare..... *sigh* :(

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having the option to play as a group is one thing, being forced to play as a group is something else, my husband and I sometimes duo t-maps if they are in a bad area, but I mostly do them alone and enjoy them that way. Sometimes trying to get a group together can seriously waste any limited play-time you have. Someone on the other forum says you can't even decode some of the maps if you are not in a group....then there's the insane spawn in Eoden, the whole thing so far seems to be badly conceived and badly implemented. Maybe they should have done a few maps and then done a few more after they made the changes, so they could actually compare..... *sigh* :(
That’s right, I enjoy the flexibility of solo gaming. I can play for 30 mins, then logout to do a few real life things, then login to play for another 20 mins.

This is a game for entertainment, It is not necessary to be bound to any groups. It is not a must to join soloists, but it is open for player’s choices.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That’s right, I enjoy the flexibility of solo gaming. I can play for 30 mins, then logout to do a few real life things, then login to play for another 20 mins.

This is a game for entertainment, It is not necessary to be bound to any groups. It is not a must to join soloists, but it is open for player’s choices.

Good reply. I think some people have lost sight of the meaning of MMORPG. It means massively multiplayer...as in, lots of people online and ingame at the same time.

What it doesn't mean is that they all have to be crammed in the same room together, and up each others' arse, to play the game. MMORPG just mean we all log into the same world at the same time, NOT that we all must be forced to be friends.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And at the Meet & Greet last night (which was not advertised too well-and no transcript yet) someone asked about making the old useless skills mean something again.
Kyronix replied that they were giving new life to Remove Trap...*sigh*

So regardless of what's been said or hinted, (as far as it might not be put in) it does look like that is gonna get foisted off on us like it or not.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyone with half a brain knew as soon as the original thread closed that we were all being forced to use Remove Trap, the people saying 'nothing is set in stone yet', are you playing some totally different game? Because the rest of us know exactly how this is going as we saw it happen way too many times before. Why didn't they give new life to Remove Trap as a thief skill? T-hunters are trying to cram in a lot of skills as it is, why are they just not listening? T-hunters should not be a subset of the Thief profession. I feel so damn frustrated with all this!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To me the game has become something of a boring soloists grind... it's all about stuff and no longer a community on which I feel in love with the game... it's about greed and selfishness that thrives and is rewarded... rewarding in the lack of the DEVs and GMs enforcement or in this case lack of enforcement of their own TOS which seems to be enforced at will... on only those few... not the known perpetrators of countless scams, antisocial harassment, cheats and hacks... those that have ruined most of the game for the rest of the players... many of whom like myself only keep our accounts active in that hope that something will finally change and they will once again focus on community...

But they treat every shard like it's Alt... where everyone is greedy... they forget that on all the other shards there aren't that many folks... and they also treat everything they put into game as if everyone will be script farming it 24/7 when many of us barely get 2 or 3 hours here and there to play... So most often we can't compete, can't get the items that everyone else gets as we don't solo the game... we don't cheat or script or hack... we don't have the billions in gold or anything like that to even buy the stuff and many folks (though not me) don't have the ability to run to Atl to get the latest and greatest kinds of stuff at over inflated prices...

So we are left barely playing because the grind just isn't fun nor is it rewarding enough to justify the time invested in it...

Take the roof for instance... I can solo most the rooms... and by solo I mean dual client to be able to do them... except 1 or 2 that I can't do alone... I have 5 or so tamers roof ready at present... but haven't been to the roof in ages because I refuse to solo that...

I would prefer to play the game with others... but I'm not about to transfer to some other shard to do it.... with as many accounts as I have that just isn't a possibility...
Once upon a time I toyed with the concept and had a castle on a couple of other shards.... but I became increasingly aware of what a pain it was to get the things I needed... and the idea of sending one of my crafters to another shard was more irritating than it was worthwhile... first off it made my "owned by" talismans forget who I was... secondly I had to take resources there... and bring them back...

Transferring to another shard you have to remember to transfer the gold with you... and then remember to bring it back should you return...

No one seems to want to share or do things as a group as god forbid that would make them miss out on getting the drop.

What the game really needs is a way to reward people for doing things as a group... and by group I mean bunch of people in a party that aren't all played by the same person... But figuring out who's just running 4 and 5 or 10 of their own accounts vs who's actually partied with other people I think would be difficult. But the more the game is geared to the solo player and greed... and the further it gets away from fun and community... the more I grow disgusted by it and the more I miss the old days where people just mostly wore GM crafted armor... and had GM weapons.. when dragons and Liches were something to fear...
No offense here but I've seen several posts from the same person just completely trashing the game (especially when this thread is about the new T-hunting changes) and I couldn't keep reading these posts without respectfully asking you why you have multiple accounts if you are so fed up with the game?

In one sentence you say the game has become a boring "soloist grind" but in another you say you have 5 tamers roof ready and you are able to dual client shadow guard which technically isn't soloing since you have the ability to have 2 entirely different templates working. You also say that you will refuse to do the roof solo AND things should be more of a group (isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?)... but if that's the (you really want to group fight) then why don't you get a group together for the roof?? I understand if you play a smaller shard but you also realize that ATL is the most populated (that's where I play for that reason) and there is no shortage of people doing the roof. I'm sure you could transfer ONE of your tamers to ATL and find a group to do the roof without a detriment to your other accounts/chars on your home shard (this gives you the option to do something in a group). Additionally if you really are all about group things, then do the weekly public events where half the shard shows up to collect some death robes and a chance at pretty looking drop (that doesn't do anything) that can be sold for 100's of millions. As for drop rates, if everyone got a drop every time from the roof (or whatever) then everyone would have it and there would be even less groups doing things (look at blackthorn dungeon now). I'm from beta and also reminisce about the "good ol' days" but they are long gone so getting on here and trashing the game mechanics without offering up viable solutions is just a waste time (in my opinion) and side tracks everyone from the original post; the days of GM armor and needing a group to kill a dragon are gone and the days of needing a group (or awesome soloist) for the roof are here.... but that's not what this thread is about so it's a waste of time griping about it on this thread.

In regards to T-Hunting changes I'd agree that I was hoping for a bit of a less complicated fix (higher quality items even if it meant less quantity). I think that's all that was really needed (and maybe get rid of 50 stone items b/c they make it hard to toss everything in a bag when sorting through the chest). I'm not a fan of making remove trap required BUT if they are going to remove the need for mining AND need for detect hidden on remove trap (AND make it less hassle to raise the skill) then it's not the end of the world; for the most part it's literally swapping out mining for remove trap. I'd side with Pawain on this, in that as long as the loot is going to be worthwhile then it's worthwhile rearranging my template. If it's not (which it doesn't appear to be based on TC so far) then I just simply won't participate.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Here is my take on the Treasure Chest "revamp". The loot is WORSE than before, and you can't even test half of the "changes". After A LOT of problems on TC I decided it isn't even worth it to test. Give the people what they asked for, a bump in loot quality. There is no need to try to reinvent the whole system. If what I am seeing is ANY indication of the "finished product" y'all are better off spending the time doing something else. Perhaps like, oh, enforcing your own ToS, and banning the RMT people!

Anyway, Some thoughts:
1) What is happening (or not) to the "secret compartment" that was discussed?
2) When will y'all seperate the need for both Remove Trap and Detect Hidden?
3) Why is the loot quality WORSE (on armor, weapons, and jewelry) than before it "fixed"?(The upgrade in the gold is nice though)
4) Tell us how luck will figure in to the equation
5) Are whatever changes y'all make to the Treasure Chests permanent, or is it a limited time event?

Lastly, Are y'all just pulling our collective legs, with regard to the loot, and you DO have upgraded/better loot planned for the chests, but for some strange reason, have decided to keep it "under wraps", like the Triton (assuming y'all ARE still planning on releasing it at some point)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression that the guards were the same as they always were, map level consolidation considered, so If you could solo a 7 before, I don't see why you couldn't solo one now. As for needing to be in a party to decode, I have neither heard of anything of the sort of have seen anything in the notes that suggest it, but who knows. A simple login to test will tell you exactly how hard it is to decode maps.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for the most part it's literally swapping out mining for remove trap.
Only you forget that many T-Hunter already don't have any space for 100 mining on their templates. Some run it as low as zero, some add 51% for at least two tiles radius, and some (none I know of) run 100 mining. It's not that black and white. Those templates are going to die.

I'd side with Pawain on this, in that as long as the loot is going to be worthwhile then it's worthwhile rearranging my template. If it's not (which it doesn't appear to be based on TC so far) then I just simply won't participate.
Wise words, but simply not participating for many of us equals to not playing 50% of what we liked to play. It's a nice way to drive people off, if that's the intention.

But it's all too late anyway. Most of that stuff is already implemented and they just looking to get rid of the worst bugs at this point.

What makes me chuckle a bit is all that talk about how it should be a group activity. 99% of the testing I've seen says "solo" or "two accounts" :D Talking about UO reality was never a strong point of the Dev team.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Here is my take on the Treasure Chest "revamp". The loot is WORSE than before, and you can't even test half of the "changes". After A LOT of problems on TC I decided it isn't even worth it to test. Give the people what they asked for, a bump in loot quality. There is no need to try to reinvent the whole system. If what I am seeing is ANY indication of the "finished product" y'all are better off spending the time doing something else. Perhaps like, oh, enforcing your own ToS, and banning the RMT people!

Anyway, Some thoughts:
1) What is happening (or not) to the "secret compartment" that was discussed?
2) When will y'all seperate the need for both Remove Trap and Detect Hidden?
3) Why is the loot quality WORSE (on armor, weapons, and jewelry) than before it "fixed"?(The upgrade in the gold is nice though)
4) Tell us how luck will figure in to the equation
5) Are whatever changes y'all make to the Treasure Chests permanent, or is it a limited time event?

Lastly, Are y'all just pulling our collective legs, with regard to the loot, and you DO have upgraded/better loot planned for the chests, but for some strange reason, have decided to keep it "under wraps", like the Triton (assuming y'all ARE still planning on releasing it at some point)
1) Good question.
2) They said if RT is going to be part of the equation (and it's looking that way) that it's skill prerequisites will be dropped and ease of training will be increased.
3) I think they probably decided it was smarter to start on the low end of loot, and tune up, rather than the other way around, for simply psychology sake. Though they really do need to be improved.
4) Good question.
5) Permanent. They are updating the system.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only you forget that many T-Hunter already don't have any space for 100 mining on their templates. Some run it as low as zero, some add 51% for at least two tiles radius, and some (none I know of) run 100 mining. It's not that black and white. Those templates are going to die.
While ideally RT (and LPing) would have more relevant application than simply thunting it's good that it's getting SOME use, it's unfortunate when templates get altered, but hey, it happens. Life goes on. A solo t hunter can still easily be made with 300 points required for treasure hunting.

I get that people are upset, but I think everyone is really over reacting, and getting hyperbolic. Of course that's what UO players do, but... :p

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was under the impression that the guards were the same as they always were, map level consolidation considered, so If you could solo a 7 before, I don't see why you couldn't solo one now. As for needing to be in a party to decode, I have neither heard of anything of the sort of have seen anything in the notes that suggest it. A simple login to test will tell you exactly how hard it is to decode maps.
The guardians ARE the same. Except for the Eodon maps of course. FYI, currently a T-Rex can spawn as a guardian in the Eodon "trove" maps.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guardians ARE the same. Except for the Eodon maps of course. FYI, currently a T-Rex can spawn as a guardian in the Eodon "trove" maps.
Yeah, then I really don't see how this will disrupt people's current activities other than forcing them to swap out a skill with RT, which isn't such a sacrifice I don't think, it certainly won't keep people from soloing maps. Hopefully the upgrades make the experience more fun and rewarding overall, and it will be worth any template disruption.

*edit* New post said they are giving Eodon maps a difficulty change in future update.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
4) Said luck was going to be removed from equation.
Actually @Kyronix said that luck WOULD figure in but can't/won't tell us how. In my opinion, it's fairly important to know the answer. I'm willing to bet most T-hunters wear a luck suit. If it's not going to be needed, @Kyronix should just tell us, and quit playing games.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While ideally RT (and LPing) would have more relevant application than simply thunting it's good that it's getting SOME use, it's unfortunate when templates get altered, but hey, it happens. Life goes on. A solo t hunter can still easily be made with 300 points required for treasure hunting.

I get that people are upset, but I think everyone is really over reacting, and getting hyperbolic. Of course that's what UO players do, but... :p
Sorry, over-reacting on Stratics is the other 50% of my gameplay :p

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So far it seems that not using remove trap will just destroy everything in the chest
Dumbest thing I've heard in UO in about 5 years.

How about just remove the traps altogether and make the THunting about finding and killing the spawn?

This witchhunt to make useless skills useful is over the top. How about admit that we have too many crap skills (Camping, Item ID, Remove Trap, etc) and just remove from the game instead of forcing them for a single use case.

As for the loot - make it much higher quality and less of it. We don't need to sort through 100 items - give us 10 that are good.

And for the love of all that his holy - get rid of 50 stone items. They are insta trash and unusable. So just stop generating them already -everywhere. Some lame intern came up with that idea and guess what - its a joke.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
  • MissE said:
    "I have gm cartography and a +28% cartography tally yet have still failed 15 times trying to decode an Eodon Trove map. Is this normal?"

• JollyJade Posts: 251

You need to be in a party to decode high level maps

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • MissE said:
    "I have gm cartography and a +28% cartography tally yet have still failed 15 times trying to decode an Eodon Trove map. Is this normal?"

• JollyJade Posts: 251

You need to be in a party to decode high level maps
Is that something that has been confirmed; needing to be in a party to decode higher level maps? That really doesn't make sense at all from a logical standpoint... that's like saying I need to be in a party to cast higher end spells or be in a party to successfully create higher end armor. I hope this isn't the case because at the end of the day the the skill should be checked and party/non-party shouldn't impact that. If it is the case, then I'd say THAT is pretty dumb :)

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Is that something that has been confirmed; needing to be in a party to decode higher level maps? That really doesn't make sense at all from a logical standpoint... that's like saying I need to be in a party to cast higher end spells or be in a party to successfully create higher end armor. I hope this isn't the case because at the end of the day the the skill should be checked and party/non-party shouldn't impact that. If it is the case, then I'd say THAT is pretty dumb :)
Logic?

You... must be new here. ;)

dark sonja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
agree , this is a dumb revamp, party when t-hunters have always been solo player and most of servers are desert and forcing to use one new useless skill, best way for closing UO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No offense here but I've seen several posts from the same person just completely trashing the game (especially when this thread is about the new T-hunting changes) and I couldn't keep reading these posts without respectfully asking you why you have multiple accounts if you are so fed up with the game?

In one sentence you say the game has become a boring "soloist grind" but in another you say you have 5 tamers roof ready and you are able to dual client shadow guard which technically isn't soloing since you have the ability to have 2 entirely different templates working. You also say that you will refuse to do the roof solo AND things should be more of a group (isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?)... but if that's the (you really want to group fight) then why don't you get a group together for the roof?? I understand if you play a smaller shard but you also realize that ATL is the most populated (that's where I play for that reason) and there is no shortage of people doing the roof. I'm sure you could transfer ONE of your tamers to ATL and find a group to do the roof without a detriment to your other accounts/chars on your home shard (this gives you the option to do something in a group). Additionally if you really are all about group things, then do the weekly public events where half the shard shows up to collect some death robes and a chance at pretty looking drop (that doesn't do anything) that can be sold for 100's of millions. As for drop rates, if everyone got a drop every time from the roof (or whatever) then everyone would have it and there would be even less groups doing things (look at blackthorn dungeon now). I'm from beta and also reminisce about the "good ol' days" but they are long gone so getting on here and trashing the game mechanics without offering up viable solutions is just a waste time (in my opinion) and side tracks everyone from the original post; the days of GM armor and needing a group to kill a dragon are gone and the days of needing a group (or awesome soloist) for the roof are here.... but that's not what this thread is about so it's a waste of time griping about it on this thread.

In regards to T-Hunting changes I'd agree that I was hoping for a bit of a less complicated fix (higher quality items even if it meant less quantity). I think that's all that was really needed (and maybe get rid of 50 stone items b/c they make it hard to toss everything in a bag when sorting through the chest). I'm not a fan of making remove trap required BUT if they are going to remove the need for mining AND need for detect hidden on remove trap (AND make it less hassle to raise the skill) then it's not the end of the world; for the most part it's literally swapping out mining for remove trap. I'd side with Pawain on this, in that as long as the loot is going to be worthwhile then it's worthwhile rearranging my template. If it's not (which it doesn't appear to be based on TC so far) then I just simply won't participate.
If you read I said I can do the rooms with 2 of my characters NOT the roof... I do not and have not EVER solo'd the roof... and maybe I could with 3 characters running but I'd rather not... The characters are sitting roof ready as every time I ask anyone to do it with me the answer is always NO... And as far as ATL goes it can burn in a fire I could care less I don't and won't play there... I loathe the shard... and can't even take 2 to 3 steps there most the time without crashing. That has improved somewhat since the change to housing but I still loathe the shard... As far as I'm concerned it is responsible for the decline of all other shards... And as for that.... I'll say this ..... not too long after SA came about I was actually on Atl getting my gifts and heard a poor returning player wanting to learn how to do Pirates as NO ONE on ATL could be bothered to help the poor fellow one evening... he was begging in Gen Chat on Atl for someone to show him the ropes... pretty sad IMO that no one could be bothered to help him and were in fact belittling him and such in chat. Again... would rather /wrists than play with people like that. I ended up helping him as it was sad no one would... even though I have nothing for supplies on Atl... I helped him. Pretty pathetic when someone NOT from ATL has to help someone ON Atl do something because no one there would take the time.

I've tried to get folk to do the things with me... tried to get people to do a champ with me... tried to get them to do anything at all and no one wants to do anything as a group... they solo the champs, solo what content they want to do but don't include others... and no one else wants to actually do more in game than sit around and talk... which IMO is boring I can do that out of game... until it suits them to do something... like some stupid quest for title... because they can't do it themselves but ask to do something you want to do and they can't be bothered. When they beg wanting to do something and you suggest something they don't want to do that...

People on my shard do weekly public events all the time... the trouble is they do much of this on the WEEKEND when I'm at work... so I never get to participate in it... they do monthly net tosses, weekly void pools and many other things... we have weekly auctions, and bi-weekly meetings... but no one wants to go do a champ or the roof... The reason most of them don't want to do any of those things is because first off they did the roof a few times and NEVER got a drop... got annoyed and pissed about the wasted time and effort and now don't want to waste more time or effort on it believing it to be fruitless... They did a few spawns ages ago got raided once or twice... quit doing them. Or they can solo them and don't like to bring anyone else along.

As for the T-Hunting it's one thing I can do by myself not that I care since there is NOTHING in there worth getting that I can't get 10x faster doing trade deals... now the thought of having PS in there makes me happy... but for the vultures in Fel... The idea of having to grind out another skill to be able to keep doing them disgusts me... the realization coming from reading post after post of folk testing this on TC and the pathetic junk that is being reported from the chests is not seriously not making me want to run out and go do the 100's of maps I have sitting about. And making it so Eodon maps have the T-Rex? Really? And the higher level maps there have to have a party to even decode????? Again not really appealing and I'm not seeing much if any improvement to the loot in chests... save the PSs... but as so many have pointed out the prospect of getting any good ones or getting enough to bind into a 120 is pretty abysmal... so no not real excited.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
L7's in fel should have a 120 and 15's elsewhere.
That's fine with me, but it should be noted that a player can solo an L7 fel chest (the troves on the test shard) in about 15 minutes - unless they change the spawn - I don't see anything so far that justifies their statement that the top-level chests are intended for groups - neither the spawn nor the content

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a couple of hours today doing Horde level chests on TC (one for each theme) and capturing images of the randomly generated equipment items and adding them to the spreadsheet here: Publish 105 - Treasure Chest Loot

I'm going to try to post the images for those six horde level chests below and in the next two messages. Four of them came up as rusty chests, one was metal, and the other was gold.

Kyronix says that which quality of chest you get depends on cartography skill. My character had GM cartography and was wearing a 21% cartography talisman. So, given how poor this loot was, I honestly don't know what anyone is going to get out of these chests in the future, even with the new cartography items that are supposed to spawn. Supposedly, luck isn't a factor yet on TC because they're still figuring out how to factor it in. So did the fact that my little tresure hunter only has 600 luck on her suit make these things come out so bad? If I'm interpreting the publish notes and Kyronix's comments correctly, it shouldn't have mattered at all how much luck she had or the tamer that was with her had at this point in the testing.

I'm pretty disgusted right now, to put it mildly. See for yourself how useless this randomly generated loot is.

HORDE RUSTY WARRIOR CHEST
loot 7 medium plate shield.png loot 7 medium plate shield.png loot 7 tear kite shield.png loot 7 fortified vulture helm.png loot 7 halberd.png loot 7 bardiche.png loot 7 scimitar.png loot 7 animated bracelet.png loot 7 bracelet.png loot 7 animated ring.png

HORDE RUSTY ARTISAN CHEST
loot 8 wide brim hat.png loot 8 jester hat.png loot 8 circlet.png loot 8 invigorating gemmed circlet.png loot 8 smiths hammer.png loot 8 dual short axes.png loot 8 axe.png loot 8 arcane executioners axe.png loot 8 ring.png

Attachments

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for your work - I’ve seen others reporting the same thing - I’m hoping that input will lead to some significant changes in the loot

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you! Very good presentation. That gold one was depressing. This is like killing a high HP mob over and over.

One artifact in that whole collection. :(

The loot needs two bumps. This is not worth adding Remove Trap to get junk.

Please more of you post Trove and Horde loot over there.