• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ships close to server line

Romano Arax

Visitor
Hi,

When the npc ships gets close to the serverlines I can't board them regardless of damage done...

Anyone else seen this happen?
Anyone heard anything from the devs on this?

Any solution to the problem discovered?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The devs are starting to hear about it more - as to what they have planned, I don't know.

The CAUSE of this is there is a strip of subserver on each side of the line, that your ship cannot enter into. Its width is based on the LENGTH of YOUR SHIP. And, you can't leave your ship if the destination is across the line.

You can get closer to the server line on a rowboat than on a dragon boat, than on a Tokuno HS ship, than on a Britannian ship.

Prior to Rising Tide, this was mostly a concern with SOS - as if you were doing an SOS from a larger ship, you might not be able to get close enough to fish it up. I had to go out on a rowboat to fish one up near a server line off Britain, because my Brit ship couldn't get close enough.

Apparently the pirates and merchants can get scuttled in that area, while you can't reach them (as they are effectively on the server line, or too close to it for the game to figure out which side its on). Whatever fix is done long-term for the pet disappearance bug (as opposed to any quick fix that they might put in) might affect this as well.

Romano Arax

Visitor
It's clearly not an expansion free of bugs. Seperation of ships and the ships equipment is all too common - Just minutes before this image the same ship, trying to escape my capture of it's Dread Pirate, changed into a small house, leaving it's crates and two cannons on the waters. Whilst waiting for it's crew to stop panicking... The house-swapping ship changed back but... Alas when I cought up to the ship... This was the state it was in.

upload_2019-6-8_17-39-19.png