• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragon

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went through the first round of Training with my bane and upgraded my bane basically to a 9X 120 pet. (magery bane Dragon) of Course igot max mr and hpr and 5 sr
dex and stam are up to 150

my Question is why doesnt my bane gain on poisoning? I didtnt sofar apply any magical or Special ability yet. I want ot make this pet more pvp based
And while i am at it what would you suggest?

Many thanks in Advance guys!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You might have to activate poisoning, but could give it a poison AoE. If you do that tho, mage mastery would be active when ya go back, and its not as good in my oppinion.

Gardo

Journeyman
It never raises on banes. I have a couple chiv and magery banes and they show poison skill only because of the innate poison ability. (From the stew) The fact that it doesn’t raise doesn’t impact that one bit.

You do not need to give it poison anything during the training process. In fact that’s a good way to ruin a good pet with its innate poison ability already in play.

@Donavon is a good resource on banes.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to give it stew for it to use poisoning. I got one I trained, and poisoning is at gm now. I put on it all the 120's and added AI and Poison Breath, did not touch magery.

Gardo

Journeyman

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to give it stew for it to use poisoning. I got one I trained, and poisoning is at gm now. I put on it all the 120's and added AI and Poison Breath, did not touch magery.
What you mean you did not touch magery? you mean the skill or mastery?

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It never raises on banes. I have a couple chiv and magery banes and they show poison skill only because of the innate poison ability. (From the stew) The fact that it doesn’t raise doesn’t impact that one bit.

You do not need to give it poison anything during the training process. In fact that’s a good way to ruin a good pet with its innate poison ability already in play.

@Donavon is a good resource on banes.
ok besides magery eval int etc what other skills or specialties would you reccomend? AI woiuld be pretty useless in pvp right as Damage Output is capped?

Gardo

Journeyman
Seems like most pvp pets utilize dismount. Not sure what else people prefer on a pvp pet. Certainly no expert....hopefully someone else has some suggestions.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Nuke, as the other have said the code for the passive which in part poisons a target based on distance and poison Resistances is hard coded into them and in no way relies on poisoning skill.. I would not turn the skill poison on as it counts as a school of magic and effectively turns off magery.mage mastery, chiv, etc(any other magic school) There is a passive way to GM poison skill which is giving it any of the poison related moves like P.breath, V.bite… When they go off it will increase the poison skill slowly to Gm.. either of these build are rather effective at clearning spawns as its the double affliction spec..(PvP wise.This only hits greys players that have aggroed you or your pet,and reds/oranges not in a party/guilded with you). the passive will be firing like a cannon on anything attacking it while either of the before listed will be comboing right behind it..another Nice bonus to this spec is..the GM poison skill(even though its passive) empowers the spell poison if you keep magery or pick up mage mastery.... In PvP one of the largest str s of a bane dragon is if the enemy player doesn't know better and attacks the bane the passive effectly kills the player with little needed on your part.. I once had 5 bow scipters wreck themselves because of a focus target script and targeting my bane.. it was amazing.. lol before you decide on a spec for the bane in PvP ya should see how diff builds and moves combo with your bane, your player skill build, and the paths you may wish to take/play style.. sadly this might be hard to do atm as test is not allowing players to copy over( at least not when I tried again yesterday) But I would not be in a hurry to get it done.. after all the best things in life are always worth the effort and time invested in them.. I will be off the forums over the weekend for the most part..but I hope this helped.. if you have anymore questions feel free to post here or message me.. there are so many grand testers here and they are a fine resource to have at your finger tips.. and i'm sure they will answer the call as well..Good journey and have a delightful weekend =^-~=
P.s. just a fast P.S. I would consider adding ai even though its not the best against players atm the small burst allows for some pretty sexy combos when landed between the 30 sec PvP timer on it.(plus It insure it will use its ranged moves during this window/ do a nice dump combo). and it allows you to finish a champ spawn soooo much faster...be you hijacker or defender ^_~

Last edited:

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good evening Nuke, as the other have said the code for the passive which in part poisons a target based on distance and poison Resistances is hard coded into them and in no way relies on poisoning skill.. I would not turn the skill poison on as it counts as a school of magic and effectively turns off magery.mage mastery, chiv, etc(any other magic school) There is a passive way to GM poison skill which is giving it any of the poison related moves like P.breath, V.bite… When they go off it will increase the poison skill slowly to Gm.. either of these build are rather effective at clearning spawns as its the double affliction spec..(PvP wise.This only hits greys players that have aggroed you or your pet,and reds/oranges not in a party/guilded with you). the passive will be firing like a cannon on anything attacking it while either of the before listed will be comboing right behind it..another Nice bonus to this spec is..the GM poison skill(even though its passive) empowers the spell poison if you keep magery or pick up mage mastery.... In PvP one of the largest str s of a bane dragon is if the enemy player doesn't know better and attacks the bane the passive effectly kills the player with little needed on your part.. I once had 5 bow scipters wreck themselves because of a focus target script and targeting my bane.. it was amazing.. lol before you decide on a spec for the bane in PvP ya should see how diff builds and moves combo with your bane, your player skill build, and the paths you may wish to take/play style.. sadly this might be hard to do atm as test is not allowing players to copy over( at least not when I tried again yesterday) But I would not be in a hurry to get it done.. after all the best things in life are always worth the effort and time invested in them.. I will be off the forums over the weekend for the most part..but I hope this helped.. if you have anymore questions feel free to post here or message me.. there are so many grand testers here and they are a fine resource to have at your finger tips.. and i'm sure they will answer the call as well..Good journey and have a delightful weekend =^-~=
P.s. just a fast P.S. I would consider adding ai even though its not the best against players atm the small burst allows for some pretty sexy combos when landed between the 30 sec PvP timer on it.(plus It insure it will use its ranged moves during this window/ do a nice dump combo). and it allows you to finish a champ spawn soooo much faster...be you hijacker or defender ^_~

Many thanks Donavon! So I take you mean with Venomous bite and Poison breathe the "Special abilitities" available to Train a pet? What About magery mastery? I hear some say it lowers the physical resistance sometimes because it casts protection on itself?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon Nuke, glad I can help.. and yes I meant Venom bite and Poison breath... some like one over the other.. V.bite is closer melee range move and tend to go off more.. P breath is still a nice go getter and hits things at range and is a stronger poison value then V. bite... but has seen many nerfs due to pvp related issues( during the 20th anny they made both of these not work in towns and some guard zones as player were getting whacked for hitting npcs..lol it can stil happens in certain areas of towns/G zones)... Once you can copy to test(Since the last update to test ,you can once again make player copies over) I would try both and see which of the two best suits your play style... Mage mastery is another one of those that has seen buffs, then nerfed a few times.. for a while it found a home in pvp as it teleports to the target and stays on their heels ezier then other pets.. they nerfed this abit .. before the nerf they could stay on speed hackers with easy.. mm pets also use mind blast more and filler spells when on the move to keep the target running like magic arrow and mind blast(sadly mind blast on the move rate got nerfed too)... sadly they lose the self buff Bless which increased melee damage by about 5-8%ish depending on if the pet is Gm to 120 eval, they tend to heal alittle less then normal magery pets too.. and the big one that turns most off mm is as you said using protection which lowers phy from 80 to 60... but you can quickly turn this off by quickly mounting and dismounting the pet.. recently mage mastery has been finding a home at sea.. as the pets tend to teleport onto boats before players can board them and wrecks the crew.. on becons Death ray(the mage mastery hallmark )works very well..and has a very high damage output and pares well with the banes passive... I hope this helps mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to post here or message me.. until then have a delightful day.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And again Thanks alot Donavon :thumbsup: So off to TC i go. Well I slapped the Upgrades on magery and his mellee skills and stats ie mr sr and hpr. One more Question though. Blackrock stew? If i slap on VB or/and PB what will blackrock stew do?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Nuke, Unlike other pets banes have 2 mana bars.. the one you can see and the unseen mana bar.. The seen mana bar is for UI moves like armor ignore,magery spells, special moves(like V.bite/P.breath) .. while the unseen mana bar is fueled by feeding the bane stew.. and its what fuels the passive.. its been noted that the stew power mana bar is about 5k and the passive takes up 1 mana of this per proc... when your bane is near the 2k-5k mark the poison it fires from the passive will be at full str.. at 2k you will start to get the *your bane seems abit peakish* around this time the poison will lower to lvl 2-3 poison.. when tis below 1k it will do that emote and you will only poison things with lesser poison even if the enemy is right in the banes face.. (normally a banes passive poison will hit for max value if its right in their face, as its based on distance ,stew power ,and poison RS of enemy) roughtly you need to feed a bane stew every 24 hours to keep its stew power up.. as there are 2 ways stew power is used, 5k procs.. or 24 hours.. about 208 stew power falls off a bane every hour even if its stabled or you are off line... this never takes the stew power to 0 but will get it to the 1k mark within this window.. so if you want the banes passive firing as stongly as possilbe and the most bang for its buck.. make sure to feed it at aleast once a day.. if its happiness is low You can also feed it the tastye treats from Going Gumshoe – Ultima Online quest(increases happiness but not stew power..these stack/ these don't give the stat bonus), or the Blackrock stew, which you can learn to make from the quest A Dish Best Served Cold – Ultima Online which you can get one per toon per shard and make them yourself..You can also get a tasty treat per day per toon doing this daily quest Tasty Treats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia .(these don't stack in your bag). These not only increase happiness but give your pet 5% stats for 20mins.. sadly.. they offer no stew power..but I would use one right before a EM boss or huge player fight.. You also find them sometimes in merchant attack at sea( Boats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia ) and I'm not sure if this one will last with T chest changes coming but for now also in T hunts ( Treasure Maps – Ultima Online ).. well I hope this helps mate.. if you have anymore questions feel free to post here or message me.. until then have a very happy easter. =^-^=

P.s. Sorry if its a bit blocky just noticed / corrected a spot where I hit the 3 key instead of 2 up top.. sorry about that all ..when it comes to important info these are things I need to be more careful about even when waking up and my meds having me a bit fuzzy.. hehe ^_~

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can also feed it the tastye treats from Going Gumshoe – Ultima Online quest(increases happiness but not stew power..these stack/ these don't give the stat bonus)
For those wondering, we made so many of these since you only need 1 infused fish per stack that we use these as a lighweight food source for pets on LS. They make the pet happy and any pet will eat them. So you do not need to carry fruit and meat.

I think I cooked every available fish steak on LS during this event. Players were giving me deeds full of fish also.

Like Don said they are just food to make the pet happy. And you get a 30 min timer icon.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning Donavon and you to have a nice easter! As for you taking meds I also hope you are feeling better. thanks for the info About the blackrock stew. Fortunately I have a cook on atl and Europa that can make them. I didnt realize About the "unseen mana" But good to know. Thanks again! :)

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh one more Thing guys if I slap on venomous bite Poison breath and mage mastery..Does it have to be in a specific order?
That means if i chosse all three of course

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Another good question in general would be: If use the spec of Goo/AI bane does the Goo hit harder depending on some things like wres, str or what on that bane?
What does the power of Goo depend on? Anyone knows?
I know that with higher Chiv and higher Str/Damage modifier it hits very much harder esp with chiv over 100, and I suppose it will be even more so with chiv 120..?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Nuke, For many pets there is a order one must follow to insure things don't get messed up.. for the build you seek you can add either or and it will be fine.. as P breath is a aoe move.. and V. bite is a special ability...then you just turn the magery into mage mastery.. be aware that since magery is already loaded on the pet you are only allowed 2 more combination adds to the lore page.. so if you add those 2 you will not be able to add armor ignore.. but between the aoe,then melee aoe,and the passive he should be melting faces for sure... I would still try it on test and see if you like it.. Just alittle insight on pets for ya right fast.. pets can have any combination of the 1 aoe move,1 special ability, 2 special moves, and one school of magic.. for pets like the new Triton(about to be released) which are blank slates move wise(healing skill doesn't count toward the 3 moves limit) You can add any combination of those before listed moves like 1 aoe,1 special ability1 special move and then a school of magic to make the most of it...so long as they = the 3 then you add a magic school ,it will all fit.. for pets like the bane dragon.. magery has already been added.. because of this it effectly eats one of the 3 combo spot.. so now you have a choice of just 2 moves.. be it an aoe( poison breath),a special ability(V. bite), or special move(armor ignore) adding a new school of magic removes the old one so turning on mage mastery will just remove the old magery and replace it with mage mastery.(you can also change it to chiv,spell weaving,etc).
Just because its a pet many use.. for pets like a mare it comes pre loaded with 2 Ui moves.. the magery takes up one slot choice and breath is a special ability and since you can only have one of those it means you cant pick another.. so in the case of mares you can add only 1 move.. be it aoe, or special move.... you can also change its school of magic to mage mastery , chiv etc.. but never poison as this turns off magery and makes it a pure melee pet.. I hope this helps mate.. if you have anymore questions feel free to post here or message me.. until then have a delightful day.. =^-^=

Last edited: