• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Scandalous Jack Sparrow Revealed!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Those faint of heart should read no further! The tales of Jack Sparrow I'm now prepared to share are indeed most hideous and vile. I do fear the citizens of my beloved Trinsic may never read this as they have such pure hearts, it may be too much for them. I can't change that nor would I ever wish to. Yet let this record stand!

Just a few nights past, as many witnessed, Jack Sparrow did indeed openly insult my reputation, and even my rank as Captain, publicly before all! Although he himself doesn't even call himself Captain! In all correspondence I've seen he merely signs "Capt.". I'll leave you to draw from that as you will. Being naturally kind and pure of heart, as taught to me by the Paladins of Trinsic, I assumed he was a drunken mess once again as we all know his love for rum. We've all heard the disgusting rumors about him and his monkey but I don't listen to gossip, regardless of how many times it's told by several respected people who claim to have witnessed it. I was inclined to ignore Sparrow's ramblings as those of a pathetic bar fly. A man not to be hated but pitied. I heard his inner cries for help. All considered I tolerated his insulting behavior with humbleness and forgiveness. Later on that night he visited the Sandalwood Box Inn and left 2 bottles of rum in my mailbox. Sparrow openly stated in front of all for me to check my mailbox! One of the Sandalwood's guards confirmed they saw him ride up. It warmed my heart to know he felt regret for his words and I heartily and thankfully accepted his gift. But dear friends that is not the end of this torrid tale...

I eagerly drank the rum in the spirit I assumed it was intended, in peace and brotherhood sent from the very Governor of Trinsic. I was over joyed that I had not returned his vile words, as was my first instinct, and had tolerated his disgusting insults. I felt I had done the right thing for the good of Trinsic as a whole, and I felt I had remained loyal to Trinsic's Code of Behavior. Though my illusion of brotherhood between Sparrow and I was soon shattered. Only moments after taking a few sips of rum he left me, I fell gravely ill and remembered little else for several days. The tavern workers quickly rode to Trinsic and begged the urgent help of the healers there. They arrived back swiftly, I understand, or you probably wouldn't be reading this record of the facts that occurred. A powerful alchemist was brought in also and confirmed the rum was POISON! With the help on my employees, friends and the Healers of Trinsic I was able to get back on my feet in just a few days. Would one think all this was enough? Not for our disgraced Governor! It appears that my Captain epaulets where also somehow stolen! He had made good his threat that I was no Captain in his own tortured mind! I understand your disgust and horror at these words, I might not have believed it myself if I had not lived (barely) through it and from the statements of the witnesses.

Below I include an etching of one of my many proud ships. So this nonsense of not being a Captain is nothing but slander.

fleet.jpg

One would pray this horror story had ended, all considered, for the best. One man's story of cruelty, jealously, slander and attempted murder was over. But sadly this tale had not ended. Mister Sparrow had more cruelty and evil to share. A friend delivered me a parrot that had a chain on it's leg with the name Jack Sparrow engraved on the tag! I was horrified that my friends had stolen the parrot in revenge! What had they done to this poor parrot? Tortured it? They assured me that was not the case, and they had found the poor parrot ill and abandoned in the swamps of Trinsic! Only moments away from being a tasty meal for an alligator, as he was too weak and ill to fly. Battered and ill, only moments from death. Fortunately the Trinsic Healers Guild was still attending to me and I told them to immediately care not for me but help that poor abused parrot! After a few days of intense care, food, rest and sunshine I'm happy to report the parrot is much better. I have assigned one of the castle guards to tend to his every need and never take his eyes off him lest he want for anything. He is currently on the roof of the Sandalwood enjoying fresh air, crackers and sunshine. His guard attends to his every need. His illnesses and bruises seem to be healing well but he is still very shy and skittish. His sleep is often troubled and at times awakens startled, squawking "No! NO! Please don't Captain Sparrow!". I'm not sure what to think of that. I shudder to consider it. But with time and love I'm confident the parrot can still have a full happy life. I offer this etching of the parrot with his new perch, he seems very grateful for all we've done for him and as you can see he looks well now.

parrot.jpg

I'm left with many questions and concerns over what may have happened to the once respected Capt. Sparrow. Why has his heart become so darkened? Has insanity gripped him? Have the many years of abusing rum caught up with him? Perhaps he's caught some exotic disease from his monkey? I may never know, but our guards are alerted to be watchful should he ever return. I would wish these questions go unanswered than to risk him darkening my doors again. May the Ghods protect me, and that poor parrot. Now you know the tale be cautious of this "Captain Sparrow", your very life may depend on it!

Last edited:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grim leans forward in his chair puffing on his pipe. A messenger arrives at the Yew Governors office, hands a wax sealed scroll to Grim. A chill goes down the spine of the messenger. The messenger quickly departs. Grim flicks the wax seal off of the scroll, and reads the scroll. Grim yells at the Guards, "Bring me the Goblin Alchemist!"

Goblin Alchemist shaking as he walks towards Grim. Goblin says, "What dubs yub wantz?" Grim hurls a vial of green liquid towards the goblin. Grim yells at the goblin, "Your last batch was to weak. Increase the amount of Nightshade by 3rd. Load the next shipment of that and Greater Explosion to Jhelom and Trisnic on the Orc Warship. We need the coinage from the Pirates for the next wave."

Grim looks at the Goblin and says,"Now for your failure. In Bal Nox In Sar"

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Capt. Lucky, so glad you "enjoyed" the rum. I have plenty more of it if you care to try it again. Now about this "Ship" you claim to be a "Captain" on, it looks more like the one I have in my pond. Just to show what a real Captain looks like and what a real ship looks like:
Jack Sparrow's Ship.jpg

As you can see, I have "captured' your tiny little vessel and you can have it back for the mere price of 100 GP. I will even throw in a set of oars for it. Now as to reports of you "finding" my parrot, you can clearly see, she is in good health and sitting on my shoulder.
Jack Sparrow's Parrot.jpg

So please do not continue to slander my "good" name, or your citizenship in Trinsic may come to an unhappy and unhealthy end.