• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forgotten Treasures TC Release 1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4/17/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the first Test Center release of Forgotten Treasures will be available after 4pm ET! Forgotten Treasures is the second in our High Seas themed content updates for the year and we are excited to bring a fresh perspective to Treasure Hunting and Cleanup Britannia. This is only a small part of what’s to come in Forgotten Treasures but we are eager to bring you this early look and get your feedback as we work through the public testing process. Please be sure to check out the publish notes for the latest updates, and […]

Continue reading...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a grid showing how I interpreted the publish notes regarding chest loot after the publish. It's here if you want to comment: Publish 105 - Treasure Chest Loot

I posted some questions on the official forum to try to clarify a few things and will update the grid if Kyronix answers.

NOTE: I added a second sheet to the spreadsheet to categorize skills by the new profession packages of Artisan, Assassin, Barbarian, Mage, Ranger, and Warrior. I am probably missing some skills from the list, so comment if you see something is missing. And as far as which categories things go in, I'm probably way, way off on a bunch of them. But I think we need a good. solid list so people know what to expect when they're sorting maps and digging up chests.

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So with the profession specific packages does that mean we'll get less garbage like swing speed, LRC and +meditation on jewelry? Or does it just affect the weapon and armor types but still have trash mod combos?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with the profession specific packages does that mean we'll get less garbage like swing speed, LRC and +meditation on jewelry? Or does it just affect the weapon and armor types but still have trash mod combos?
That is a great question. You should ask it on the official forum!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scrolls in Tmaps will literally ruin UO. Might as well remove all champ spawns from UO while your at it. What a joke this dev team is!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scrolls in Tmaps will literally ruin UO. Might as well remove all champ spawns from UO while your at it. What a joke this dev team is!
What it will do is loosen the noose a small minority of players hold over the PS supply. It will benefit 90% of UO's population. Some will be upset over their gold printing machine being a little less efficient. Too bad.

klapios

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What it will do is loosen the noose a small minority of players hold over the PS supply. It will benefit 90% of UO's population. Some will be upset over their gold printing machine being a little less efficient. Too bad.
Power scrolls drop like candy anyways. I am able to get a considerable amount solo on ATL as it, even more so on some dead shard...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The points for most this crap are pathetic... Items that were ONE per account are too low... you got ONE per account... granted that's per shard but 90% of the people do not do every shard... they barely do their own... these items need to be worth more points...

I did NOT see the boxes from the Artisan Festival listed are they included? Do you have any idea how much had to be invested in ingots, and other things to get those trees up to a level where you actually GOT a gift? And when you did it ought to be worth more than a pittance to throw away...

Honestly @Mesanna if you want people to actually get rid of pixels make it worth the trip to the trash... because if it's not worth more than a pittance of points it's not worth all that wrist action moving it from box to bug to trash or waiting the 3 f'ing min it takes for the barrel to empty (again would SERIOUSLY like a "flush" option on the trash barrels)... to throw stuff away... may as well just leave it where it is... and take up precious server space than toss it for a pittance.

Carpal tunnel surgery is not worth 2k in points one would get moving all that tripe to a bug and then to the trash... and over and over...

Also a reward from the roof which I'll say all the times I've done the roof I've gotten 2 whole drops whoope de do da.... is got to be worth every bit as much as a drop from Doom or any other Artifact like that 5k to 15K points...

Give me a break...

Items you can NEVER get again IE Counterfeit Platinum... 2 measly points when I can't get these anymore??? WTF I'm not throwing away a 1 of a kind item that I'm not ever going to be able to replace meanwhile I can kill pirates all day long and the death certificate is worth 250 lousy points?? Where does this even compute????

Items that will never see the light of day again and were given out such as the coffee grinders and **** like that ought to be worth the points to put in the trash... you know 5 or 6 years from now someone down the line is going to cry about not being able to get one of these and people like me will still have them because I'm not going to turn them in for a lousy pittance of points like 50... May as well stay where they are for that... seriously.

Origami rabbits and Dragons that were a clicky 8 YEARS ago... worth a lousy 150 points????? That was 8 YEARS ago... not like many folk have an abundance of them laying about... they were 1 per account...

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most of us have waited years patiently waiting and wondering when this list of items was to be updated some of us even HELPED YOU... by giving you lists of items that need added to the turn in points... to have them be so low it's almost INSULTING.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So PvPers want more content in Felucca and more things to bring people into Felucca and when they do so... A PvPer complains.

Priceless.

It will be interesting, I am thinking the bleed through effect of this will be minimal enough to not be noticeable. Hopefully.
I like T Hunting, I am all for the changes, I think putting the powerscrolls into Felucca T-Maps is just about ok.

Could endanger the playstyle of the spawn guilds though over time.
These guilds have large numbers, so they can field spawning/pvp teams as much as possible at any time.
1%ers on Atlantic. Wraiths on Europa. I am a member of both.
Both easily can have up to 20-40 players online, active chat and discords, and they love playing in Felucca, pvping all over, and constantly scouting and doing champ spawns.
These guilds, bring huge activity to their shards, if they are hurt, activity levels will go down, resulting in dead shards to be honest.
It is them cycling through Spawns, Roof, Doom, Exodus, Medusa, swamping EM events and playing all the group game content in teams.

We were doing Lord Oaks last night on Europa, we had a nice team cycling through spawns, I invited the Trammel side players in Gen chat to come and just watch us, to show the level of activity that goes on in Felucca, of course no-one came. Trammel is dead. One person tried, he didn't know the way and did not make it in time...
If we recorded our Harries, or larger spawn/IDOC fights, I think you guys would be stunned - we can have up to 60 fighting in a single evening for up to 3 hours, from up to 4 guilds.
Of course a lot of the time, it is almost empty, and you can solo a spawn with a Sampire.

If this game becomes all about the single player, the active large guilds will die, resulting in far less activity on shards.
We drive the economy with our gearing up requirements.
If the PvP guilds are hurt, the same result - shards will die, PvP guilds need something to fight over. I am hoping they provide a boost for PvP guilds soon.
All of the recent content has been for Trammel players - which I am happy with, but to be fair, almost no-one is playing it - as good as High Sea's Rising is, I know of no-one participating because it is in Trammel and does not have strong loot content. Tamer publish, Castle design, High Sea's Rising, Treasure Hunters - all good, but all going to mostly benefit Trammel side players who represent the minority of players.

However, for the moment, I am just about ok with the idea or powerscrolls in Felucca Treasure Chests.
I personally think there needs to be more solo content available for other classes - not just for Sampires - but the game also needs to be balanced with enough team content - and Felucca is the setting that team content really matters. I would not like this to hurt the team content.

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a former player and PvP lover this won't change Fel at all and should benefit the game. They should have revamped 7's to have them uber hard with a fel based guaranteed 120 drop. Still 40 scrolls, no one will be farming them with expectations of getting anything other than randomness.

I enjoyed tmaps and felt it was one of the better pvm aspects of the game. It was a shame when they did the unreleased downgrade of loot. Not as bad as the unwanted and unwarranted changes to factions years back, those killed cheap PvP and ruined the player base.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you still going with this bull**** argument? What year is it again? Oh, that's right, it's 2019. Not 2003. There is ZERO reason why you cannot get scrolls on your own, or go with your guild. If you refuse to go on efficient templates, it's on you. If you go to high traffic spawn dungeons and get raided, it's on you. Powerscrolls aren't even that lucrative. You know what is? TRAMMEL CONTENT - EM Events, Shadowguard, some Doom drops.

Even with this completely asinine addition of scrolls to TMaps, people like you STILL won't go get your own damn scrolls. You want to know why? Because it's easier to ***** and moan about the "Evil PK's" that you never run into because you don't GO TO FELUCCA...hell, I have to question how much you actually even PLAY this game. A new way to get scrolls is meaningless, because you'll complain about how low the drop rate is.

I honestly have to wonder whether the devs are trying to kill this game. Given that it's owned by EA, I don't have to think too hard; I'm sure we're all aware of their track record.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will be interesting, I am thinking the bleed through effect of this will be minimal enough to not be noticeable. Hopefully.
I like T Hunting, I am all for the changes, I think putting the powerscrolls into Felucca T-Maps is just about ok.

Could endanger the playstyle of the spawn guilds though over time.
These guilds have large numbers, so they can field spawning/pvp teams as much as possible at any time.
1%ers on Atlantic. Wraiths on Europa. I am a member of both.
Both easily can have up to 20-40 players online, active chat and discords, and they love playing in Felucca, pvping all over, and constantly scouting and doing champ spawns.
These guilds, bring huge activity to their shards, if they are hurt, activity levels will go down, resulting in dead shards to be honest.
It is them cycling through Spawns, Roof, Doom, Exodus, Medusa, swamping EM events and playing all the group game content in teams.

We were doing Lord Oaks last night on Europa, we had a nice team cycling through spawns, I invited the Trammel side players in Gen chat to come and just watch us, to show the level of activity that goes on in Felucca, of course no-one came. Trammel is dead. One person tried, he didn't know the way and did not make it in time...
If we recorded our Harries, or larger spawn/IDOC fights, I think you guys would be stunned - we can have up to 60 fighting in a single evening for up to 3 hours, from up to 4 guilds.
Of course a lot of the time, it is almost empty, and you can solo a spawn with a Sampire.

If this game becomes all about the single player, the active large guilds will die, resulting in far less activity on shards.
We drive the economy with our gearing up requirements.
If the PvP guilds are hurt, the same result - shards will die, PvP guilds need something to fight over. I am hoping they provide a boost for PvP guilds soon.
All of the recent content has been for Trammel players - which I am happy with, but to be fair, almost no-one is playing it - as good as High Sea's Rising is, I know of no-one participating because it is in Trammel and does not have strong loot content. Tamer publish, Castle design, High Sea's Rising, Treasure Hunters - all good, but all going to mostly benefit Trammel side players who represent the minority of players.

However, for the moment, I am just about ok with the idea or powerscrolls in Felucca Treasure Chests.
I personally think there needs to be more solo content available for other classes - not just for Sampires - but the game also needs to be balanced with enough team content - and Felucca is the setting that team content really matters. I would not like this to hurt the team content.
"I invited the Trammel side players in Gen chat to come and just watch us, to show the level of activity that goes on in Felucca, of course no-one came. Trammel is dead."

For Years, decades, PvM players getting into Felucca have been met with getting killed first and talked after and one is surprised that no PvM players would show up in Felucca ?

The Reds that do not attack first and talk later are quite few, that at least I may have personally experienced....

Usually, what a Red does in Felucca when seeing a Blue is attack and kill them outright before they can recall away...

With this pattern of behaviour going on over and over for Years, at least to my thinking it is no wonders that hardly any PvM player would show up in Felucca for anything....

What the Developers should have done YEARS ago is getting rid of the ability to use Ghost Cams or Hidden Characters used as Monitoring Cams in Felucca.

A few seconds after going Ghost an account should by default be logged off and if that account logs back in it goes back off within seconds unless that character gets resurrected.

More difficult it would be with a character kept Hidden and working as a Monitoring Camera, reporting activity....

There should be a way to also address this like after X time being hidden the character gets Revealed by Monsters in the Area and is attacked or whatever....

Definitively, though, the ability of being AFK and, YET, be able to use either a Ghost or a Hidden character as a Camera to see what goes on in places "other" then the player is actively playing in, and now also using free EJ accounts on top of everything else, is what has killed Felucca....

If a player from Trammel has SUCH a high likeliness to get spotted because of the ability for PvPers to have such Monitoring Cameras, then WHY BOTHER getting into Felucca at all ?

Instead, "if" PvM players had a chance to "make it through" into Felucca while not being so likely detected, "perhaps" they would start adventuring there more often ?

Thus, it could be worth as a change in order to try give a reason to PvM players to more likely adventure into Felucca and, thus, little by little repopulate it ?

Just a thought........

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I invited the Trammel side players in Gen chat to come and just watch us, to show the level of activity that goes on in Felucca, of course no-one came. Trammel is dead."

For Years, decades, PvM players getting into Felucca have been met with getting killed first and talked after and one is surprised that no PvM players would show up in Felucca ?

The Reds that do not attack first and talk later are quite few, that at least I may have personally experienced....

Usually, what a Red does in Felucca when seeing a Blue is attack and kill them outright before they can recall away...

With this pattern of behaviour going on over and over for Years, at least to my thinking it is no wonders that hardly any PvM player would show up in Felucca for anything....

What the Developers should have done YEARS ago is getting rid of the ability to use Ghost Cams or Hidden Characters used as Monitoring Cams in Felucca.

A few seconds after going Ghost an account should by default be logged off and if that account logs back in it goes back off within seconds unless that character gets resurrected.

More difficult it would be with a character kept Hidden and working as a Monitoring Camera, reporting activity....

There should be a way to also address this like after X time being hidden the character gets Revealed by Monsters in the Area and is attacked or whatever....

Definitively, though, the ability of being AFK and, YET, be able to use either a Ghost or a Hidden character as a Camera to see what goes on in places "other" then the player is actively playing in, and now also using free EJ accounts on top of everything else, is what has killed Felucca....

If a player from Trammel has SUCH a high likeliness to get spotted because of the ability for PvPers to have such Monitoring Cameras, then WHY BOTHER getting into Felucca at all ?

Instead, "if" PvM players had a chance to "make it through" into Felucca while not being so likely detected, "perhaps" they would start adventuring there more often ?

Thus, it could be worth as a change in order to try give a reason to PvM players to more likely adventure into Felucca and, thus, little by little repopulate it ?

Just a thought........

Haha, what a coincidence, I just read your post on UO.Com, and have put my full response there.

I will leave the main response there, as it is more suited to the topic there.

I will try not to distract this topic about T Hunting away into Powerscrolls and Felucca PvP anymore.
I've said my bit on this topic, it is valid to the T Hunting topic, but only a small part of it, no need to direct the whole topic that direction.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you still going with this bull**** argument? What year is it again? Oh, that's right, it's 2019. Not 2003. There is ZERO reason why you cannot get scrolls on your own, or go with your guild. If you refuse to go on efficient templates, it's on you. If you go to high traffic spawn dungeons and get raided, it's on you. Powerscrolls aren't even that lucrative. You know what is? TRAMMEL CONTENT - EM Events, Shadowguard, some Doom drops.

Even with this completely asinine addition of scrolls to TMaps, people like you STILL won't go get your own damn scrolls. You want to know why? Because it's easier to ***** and moan about the "Evil PK's" that you never run into because you don't GO TO FELUCCA...hell, I have to question how much you actually even PLAY this game. A new way to get scrolls is meaningless, because you'll complain about how low the drop rate is.

I honestly have to wonder whether the devs are trying to kill this game. Given that it's owned by EA, I don't have to think too hard; I'm sure we're all aware of their track record.

I don't think adding power scrolls to tmaps is going to hurt anything. It's an added bonus to a much maligned profession. Tmaps and Mibs are the ******* redheaded step child of UO (though, stealing could give it a run for it's money) and needed a major overhaul. I also, as much as I hate to admit, agree about getting your own power scrolls. I can't stand pvp. My posts over the years will surly demonstrate that. However I can get power scrolls at champ spawns regularly. Sure I might lose out once in a while and get raided but overall I make out. Personally I think the devs again missed out on a great opportunity though to add pet power scrolls. This would have shifted the status quo back to what it was before the pet revamp.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think adding power scrolls to tmaps is going to hurt anything. It's an added bonus to a much maligned profession. Tmaps and Mibs are the ******* redheaded step child of UO (though, stealing could give it a run for it's money) and needed a major overhaul. I also, as much as I hate to admit, agree about getting your own power scrolls. I can't stand pvp. My posts over the years will surly demonstrate that. However I can get power scrolls at champ spawns regularly. Sure I might lose out once in a while and get raided but overall I make out. Personally I think the devs again missed out on a great opportunity though to add pet power scrolls. This would have shifted the status quo back to what it was before the pet revamp.
I doubt it has any impact. It's much easier to get a bunch of scrolls from a spawn than one 15 max in a high level chest. It'll probably be like a 5-1 or worse time investment for a lower potential reward.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Breathe. You'll have a coronary.
You were full of it then. You are full of it now. The facts did not change since we last argued.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Breathe. You'll have a coronary.
You were full of it then. You are full of it now. The facts did not change since we last argued.
You're right, they haven't. Which is why I've managed to get multiple spawns off (on different shards, even Atlantic) and NOBODY raided. Harrowers included. Do you really think that, when a group of 3 people are capable of doing Despise (with the slower spawn rate) in 7 minutes, pvp'ers (who are probably already fighting) will get to the spawn in time for a raid? They won't. But I'll readily admit that places like Despise are done for ONE reason: because people want a fight. If you want to farm scrolls, there are any # of t2a spawns (other than Oaks) for you to do.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're right, they haven't. Which is why I've managed to get multiple spawns off (on different shards, even Atlantic) and NOBODY raided. Harrowers included. Do you really think that, when a group of 3 people are capable of doing Despise (with the slower spawn rate) in 7 minutes, pvp'ers (who are probably already fighting) will get to the spawn in time for a raid? They won't. But I'll readily admit that places like Despise are done for ONE reason: because people want a fight. If you want to farm scrolls, there are any # of t2a spawns (other than Oaks) for you to do.
I really see no point of restarting this. Logic did not work, science of economics did not work, even statements from UO Devs (post-mortem) were casually dismissed. That pretty much means that no evidence will ever be good enough if it does not support your point of view. So why are we having this discussion?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So why are we having this discussion?
Because you (and others) are nothing more than forum crybabies who think they know what goes on in Felucca (when you don't even play there, or went there once years ago), so you try to dictate how an entire playstyle should be. Are the pvp'ers trying to dictate how Trammel players play their game? No, we aren't. If there's an issue with something, we bring it up. Do the pvp'ers go into threads about deco and complain about it? No, we don't. Do we go into threads about crafting and complain? Maybe...but it's not because we don't do it; crafting is completely pointless unless you want to make a luck suit or elemental damage weapons. There's no reason why that should be the case. Granted, crafted gear shouldn't be the end-game gear, but there's no reason why there's such a disparity between crafting and top-end loot from endgame pvm content. If you want to pvp in crafted gear in 2019, you're going to have a hard time. You can pvm in an imbued suit, but none of the pvm content in this game is remotely challenging. You can easily figure out how it works while running it for the first time.

You bring up all this nonsense about evidence...but who would know Felucca better than someone who actually does content there? Is everything I'm saying anecdotal? Maybe...but multiple people are saying the same thing. Surely ALL of them can't be wrong, right?

Challenge for you and anyone else that doesn't do Fel spawns: Make characters that are designed to plow through a champ spawn (Sampires and Necro/Spellweaving mages), do a dozen or so (in t2a) during primetime and record how often you get raided. The results might surprise you. You might not get good scrolls, but that's a different matter entirely.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because you (and others) are nothing more than forum crybabies who think they know what goes on in Felucca (when you don't even play there, or went there once years ago), so you try to dictate how an entire playstyle should be. Are the pvp'ers trying to dictate how Trammel players play their game? No, we aren't. If there's an issue with something, we bring it up. Do the pvp'ers go into threads about deco and complain about it? No, we don't. Do we go into threads about crafting and complain? Maybe...but it's not because we don't do it; crafting is completely pointless unless you want to make a luck suit or elemental damage weapons. There's no reason why that should be the case. Granted, crafted gear shouldn't be the end-game gear, but there's no reason why there's such a disparity between crafting and top-end loot from endgame pvm content. If you want to pvp in crafted gear in 2019, you're going to have a hard time. You can pvm in an imbued suit, but none of the pvm content in this game is remotely challenging. You can easily figure out how it works while running it for the first time.

You bring up all this nonsense about evidence...but who would know Felucca better than someone who actually does content there? Is everything I'm saying anecdotal? Maybe...but multiple people are saying the same thing. Surely ALL of them can't be wrong, right?

Challenge for you and anyone else that doesn't do Fel spawns: Make characters that are designed to plow through a champ spawn (Sampires and Necro/Spellweaving mages), do a dozen or so (in t2a) during primetime and record how often you get raided. The results might surprise you. You might not get good scrolls, but that's a different matter entirely.
I have the characters... trouble is that I don't have the reaction times or the skills/knowhow to run them. so they are little to no use to me.... not to mention I LOATHE playing that way... I would prefer playing with a group... However groups of decent like minded people are nearly impossible to find.

I have gone to fel... Been raided... gone to Fel done T-Maps... never saw a single soul most the time save the unattended scripter scripting some skill in their house... or whatever... but the time it takes for me to do a spawn solo is too great no matter what character I take there... or even if I take 2 or 3... doesn't matter.. outcome is the same.. die a lot and get raided... rinse and repeat...

and yes I do them in out of the way places... even have done them on "low" population shards... but who wants to do that .... rather do them at home...

And yes... you do dictate how I play my game... by either making me travel to Atl to buy crap ... or making it nearly impossible to get what I need at home.

Attitude plays a huge role in that... I can't compete with someone running all the hacks and scripts... there is no way... and can't compete with the guy running said 3rd party programs running past and through all obstacles even when I use the EC... can't compete... can't compete when they can see and reveal me and hit me while I'm stealthed... using whatever way they do... can't compete when often these same folk using whatever hack they do cause me to lag so bad I can't even take 2 steps... no...

But I hear you tell me that I can do all this crap all the time... well you aren't me... don't tell me or profess to know what I can or can not do... just because YOU can do something does not mean everyone can... Most of the players you are belittling do NOT power game... and there is a reason for that... be it age, health, co-ordination or whatever ... many folk just can't do it...

I personally LOATHE panic play... this is why I don't play many games that require it. I play UO to have fun, relax and unwind after a stressful weekend of work... where I spend a lot of time tirelessly trying to help save lives. And where all too often I have to deal with what happens when lives can't be saved. I want to relax when I play UO... I don't need any more stress.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but who would know Felucca better than someone who actually does content there?
Oh, I don't know. How about devs who have access to the stats? Oh, that's right, they don't count either.
Is everything I'm saying anecdotal? Maybe...but multiple people are saying the same thing. Surely ALL of them can't be wrong, right?
You have plenty of anecdotal evidence from PvMers who were ganked in Fel. And yet, your stories are supposed to trump theirs for some reason. Oh, and let's not pretend that they are somehow not motivated to present the view that financialy benefits them.
I've tried it with a high SDI weaver tamer in a group not so long ago on on weekday evenings it Lost lands. Not once we'd be able to complete a third spawn. Frequently PKs show up on a first or a second spawn.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I don't know. How about devs who have access to the stats? Oh, that's right, they don't count either.
The devs who quite obviously don't play this game, or over half the nonsense we put up with (like all the bugs) wouldn't be around as long as they are. And the content wouldn't be a boring snoozefest grind, because NOBODY has time for any of it.

You have plenty of anecdotal evidence from PvMers who were ganked in Fel. And yet, your stories are supposed to trump theirs for some reason. Oh, and let's not pretend that they are somehow not motivated to present the view that financialy benefits them.
And there is just as much, if not more, from pvm'ers who are ABLE TO FINISH SPAWNS. But they're all lying, simply because YOU can't/won't do a spawn.

I've tried it with a high SDI weaver tamer in a group not so long ago on on weekday evenings it Lost lands. Not once we'd be able to complete a third spawn. Frequently PKs show up on a first or a second spawn.
Sounds like bad luck. Try again.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting two done in a row is good though right? If you get raided 1 of 3, that's pretty good results at the potential cost of some inconsequential insurance gold, right? Just dust off and try the next one. If you tried to do 3 every day, or even a few times a week, I have to imagine youd have an ass load of scrolls in pretty short order.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Getting two done in a row is good though right? If you get raided 1 of 3, that's pretty good results at the potential cost of some inconsequential insurance gold, right? Just dust off and try the next one. If you tried to do 3 every day, or even a few times a week, I have to imagine youd have an ass load of scrolls in pretty short order.
On my shard it'll be quiet until they catch you trying to do a champ spawn so if you do 1 or 2 and get away with it fine... but if you do 1 or 2 and get raided then you may as well hang it up for a month or three because they will be like hungry vultures circling every spawn with their EJ cams for weeks on end hoping to catch you doing it again... it'll take a long time before they finally get bored and quit looking for you again...

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my shard it'll be quiet until they catch you trying to do a champ spawn so if you do 1 or 2 and get away with it fine... but if you do 1 or 2 and get raided then you may as well hang it up for a month or three because they will be like hungry vultures circling every spawn with their EJ cams for weeks on end hoping to catch you doing it again... it'll take a long time before they finally get bored and quit looking for you again...
Those evil PK's....give it a rest.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why? IMO they are the worst thing in UO... rather not deal with them at all.
Yes, everyone is already very much aware how much you hate other players. You are aware that this is an MMO, are you not? Perhaps a single player game would be better for you. There are several decades of them for you to choose from.