• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question about bugs

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I thinking about a possible build idea for a bug while I was skilling my latest cu. It’s possible this is a crazy idea, so I figured I toss it out here to get some thoughts on it.
My group likes to tackle Scalis on a semi regular basis and I’d like to bring a bug, maybe a fire beetle to provide some benefits. The problem is I’m throwing a lot of heals at my current bug and that is taking away from helping with healing the other pets. I’m sure my friends were tossing a lot of heals at my bug.
Since I built the feint cu, it got me thinking why can’t I add feint to a bug. To be honest, I haven’t gone beyond the thought.
So, assuming, feint can be added to a fire beetle, my idea is feint (bushido scrolled to 120), rune corruption and poisoning. I don’t see the value of doing this if I don’t add rune corruption and having poisoning seems to force mob to spend a little time curing. My concern is that many abilities might slow the bug down on using feint enough to lower the incoming damage with feint.
Any thoughts on this? Too crazy, dumb? Or might work?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I thinking about a possible build idea for a bug while I was skilling my latest cu. It’s possible this is a crazy idea, so I figured I toss it out here to get some thoughts on it.
My group likes to tackle Scalis on a semi regular basis and I’d like to bring a bug, maybe a fire beetle to provide some benefits. The problem is I’m throwing a lot of heals at my current bug and that is taking away from helping with healing the other pets. I’m sure my friends were tossing a lot of heals at my bug.
Since I built the feint cu, it got me thinking why can’t I add feint to a bug. To be honest, I haven’t gone beyond the thought.
So, assuming, feint can be added to a fire beetle, my idea is feint (bushido scrolled to 120), rune corruption and poisoning. I don’t see the value of doing this if I don’t add rune corruption and having poisoning seems to force mob to spend a little time curing. My concern is that many abilities might slow the bug down on using feint enough to lower the incoming damage with feint.
Any thoughts on this? Too crazy, dumb? Or might work?
It might work, maybe try it out on Test Shard fist before investing all the time in it on live shard.

You could make feint, RC, poison. You could also add armor ignore if you wanted, but if you do, then it will use feint less often. Not sure what your tamer template is, can you use the taming mastery Consume Damage?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Iv e seen fww on bugs. Just plan out the points.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Our tanking tamer has a blue (Giant) Beetle with Feint, RC and Poisoning (to hopefully keep drawing in the aggro/hits). And we have the impression high poisoning skill on your pet helps end magical inflicted poison on your pet quicker. Not sure if it is also possible on a fire beetle, but can't imagine it would be different. We like our tanky beetle, it really is designed to take damage, not deal it. It has just 500 Strength, enough to run around with 1600 stones on it. But that helps at Semidar. :) :)

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Tabby. That is good to hear. I don’t even have the pet yet, so it’s a little difficult to plan just yet. Will work on that this weekend, if I don’t go see Captain Marvel

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Name your pet Captain Marvel and you can have both! ;) :p
Joking aside, we wanted to add that we have never done a Scalis yet, since we have no High Seas. So we have no idea how the beetle would work there.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a RC+AI+Poisoning Fire Beetle, and so long as i keep throwing G-Heals on him, he does great against Osiredon (Scalis). My guild does a big Osiredon hunt where we pull up 6-8 of them over an hour about once or twice a week, usually 15+ people there, so i like the added damage that RC lets my guildies do. Consume Damage doesn't do much for keeping your pet alive against Osiredon, since his water balls are not Physical damage. A Feint Beetle would last longer without heals against Osiredon, but remember, the Beetle can't heal itself, so it will eventually need heals. Yeah, i've noticed that having the Poisoning skill on a pet now does allow it to sometimes shrug off lower level poisons when they attempt to tick, like it does with players.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off its against the ToS to answer questions about bugs.

If you believe you have witnessed a violation of the Rules of Conduct, please contact a Game Master by submitting a harassment petition in game.If you are being physically harassed, the first thing you need to do is ask them to “please stop”. If they persist with the offending behavior after you have asked them to stop, page a Game Master using the appropriate Physical Harassment option.

For more information on how to report a player, please review the FAQ here

All bugs should be reported to [email protected]

Thank You :danceb::banana::troll::scholar::mf_prop::D:p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

If you believe you have witnessed a violation of the Rules of Conduct, please contact a Game Master by submitting a harassment petition in game.If you are being physically harassed, the first thing you need to do is ask them to “please stop”. If they persist with the offending behavior after you have asked them to stop, page a Game Master using the appropriate Physical Harassment option.

Yeah, except thy won't fix bugs with bugs...

My fully trained giant beetle lost 7 dex, down to 143, and they won't fix it. :p

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Talking bout pet bugs..Its a bug eat bug world!!:devil:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, except thy won't fix bugs with bugs...

My fully trained giant beetle lost 7 dex, down to 143, and they won't fix it. :p
It is dex only for your beetle that got hit? Our blue beetle lost 25 stamina while at 3 slots, we added it back to 150 on the upgrade to 4 slots but then it was down to 130 again (still at 4 slots, but at 100%). Immensely frustrating! Haven't mustered up the motivation (or time) to train up a new one yet. Might happen again anyway, so is it worth the time? Indeed a GM couldn't help with it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just Dex.... The only thing I can figure is that, if it wasn't a bug, then someone randomly cast Agility or Bless on it as I was going to train it, and it wore off after the training was done. After all, the pet isn't a caster, and I normally don't buff my pets like that.