• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So I might have messed up a Cu last night... please advise

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So training up a Cu last night... rnd one.
Stam 150
dex 150
Next thing I add is mana planning on 500.
I dont know what happened..... but I hit something wrong and his mana is now 1000.

I cried.... logged out and smoked a huge fatty..... still had nightmares all night about this poor dog.

How bad has that just ruined this build? I had planned a Chiv/AI fully scrolled dog.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stam 150
dex 150
I dont know what happened..... but I hit something wrong and his mana is now 1000.

I cried.... logged out and smoked a huge fatty..... still had nightmares all night about this poor dog.

How bad has that just ruined this build? I had planned a Chiv/AI fully scrolled dog.
It can probably be salvaged with some tweaking. Can you either link a saved planner or a screenshot of all its stats and how many remaining points it has left?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hopefully this was round one.

Asume 30 points for stam and dex, and 750ish man boost would be 250 points...

So about 300 total.

Do resists, mana regen 30, hp regen 20.
If ya have points still, do AI, then rest in hp unless yoi can buy chiv.

If thats the case, should be ok. Need about 1120 points next round to get chiv, and 120 everything

Gardo

Journeyman
What color cu? What kind of starting stats? If it’s replaceable, you might be better off starting fresh with a new dog before throwing on 120 scrolls.(assuming that’s the plan) I’d hate to see you invest so much into a pet that may never perform as hoped. Not trying to be negative, but since it’s not a legacy pet, I’d way all options.

Depending on your shard, maybe someone here could help you out. I have several on Drachenfels taking up stable space.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stam 150
dex 150

Many pet types are forgiving. A Cu is one. It will have fewer HP than it would have with less mana. If you added HP then it will have a regen less than without mana.

I did the same thing with this PP Nightmare. I wanted 600 Mana. It still has 200 points for scrolls. It has fewer HP than one with less mana.
upload_2019-4-5_15-56-5.png
This and a Fire Steed with 1500 Mana can help a NOOB with any damage do the Roof. You just wait till Mana is back to max between bosses. Pets will not lose stamina and they will deal damage as fast as possible while you keep HP max. Since this is LS someone in the group needs to go P or something while the mana regenerates.

A pet with high mana can kill stuff.

Cu will be fine. Just use 110 scrolls if needed.

XeneX

Adventurer
As mentioned, color and starting intensity would make a big difference were I faced with this choice. If it's not a high intensity rare color I wouldn't bother trying to salvage, I'd get another and start over.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As mentioned, color and starting intensity would make a big difference were I faced with this choice. If it's not a high intensity rare color I wouldn't bother trying to salvage, I'd get another and start over.
Sounds like the OP was upset over that Pup. They had to smoke a fatty for consolation!

I bet that Pup can be salvaged and fight well. May have limp but can kill stuff. Don't use 120 scrolls on it unless you are happy with the build. If its just low HP that's fine.

Show us the baby pictures.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you were following my Patented Pawains building guide I have Mana at the end of round 1.

Choosing points for a Cu slot 3 to 4. 1st points allocation

Keep following and it will be fine.

Don Impersonation.

Have no fear Mate. Your pup will be just fine. A Cu with 120 scrolls has 265 extra points. You used 250 for mana. He will have extra mana.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the delay getting back with pictures.... hellish head cold today.
Seems like all I added was 150 stam and 1000 mana and still have 1126 pts for first stage
So the plan here is what I am thinking to try and repair round 1

upload_2019-4-5_18-47-51.png

2nd stage would be:
501 pts for chiv
267pts for Str to 700
360 pts for 20 HPR
20 pts for Chiv PS ? ( I am hoping can't remember and it wont show)
20 pts for RS PS
150 pts for 115 wrest
150 pts for 115 tactics

that leaves me at 33 pts.... not sure how much based damage/ second cost.... but was thinking that.

SUGGESTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS AS ALWAYS ARE APPRECIATED

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and and just so you all know..... I didnt really smoke a fatty cause I was depressed..... I smoke a fatty every night regardless :)

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My advice. MINE.

hp to 700 is way to high.
Put 20hp regen.
5 stam regen
30 manaregen
Set your resists.
Set your dex.
Set int to 370
Str 700

600 hp is a great target, one i am happy on a pet to reach. Hp costs the same as str, and more str will kill your target faster.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and and just so you all know..... I didnt really smoke a fatty cause I was depressed..... I smoke a fatty every night regardless :)
Follow that guide. You do not add hit points until all is complete.

Guaranteed to make it a good cu.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My advice. MINE.

hp to 700 is way to high.
Put 20hp regen.
5 stam regen
30 manaregen
Set your resists.
Set your dex.
Set int to 370
Str 700

600 hp is a great target, one i am happy on a pet to reach. Hp costs the same as str, and more str will kill your target faster.
I find this very interesting. On my builds I’ve been going for 700 HP and 400 Mana. Am I going overkill and should reduce the HP and up the Mana? The rest of my builds are identical to what you suggest.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to everyone for all the positive energy and great vibes. After reading the comments I truly believed I could salvage a great pet.....

you all tell me how I did!
Please critique candidly.....

upload_2019-4-5_22-16-53.png

.... thank you all so much

TW

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Looks solid. I am interested to hear your thoughts on 1000 mana when you put this guy in action. BTW, what color is this dog?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he is ghost grey... when you see him walking through a spawn he looks like a dead puppy

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What did I tell ya! I would have left the HP at 583 and set SR to 5 and then add the leftover 15 points in HP.

But, that pup rocks.:party: Go smoke a fatty and watch it kill ****. Start with Balrons at Chaos and get the Chiv up. A lifelong friend.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I find this very interesting. On my builds I’ve been going for 700 HP and 400 Mana. Am I going overkill and should reduce the HP and up the Mana? The rest of my builds are identical to what you suggest.
The reason is because str and hp cost so much to raise. there are few things 1 vs 1 that will do so much damage to my dog that i cant heal it up at 600 hp, so 700 wouldnt make a difference, but those 300 points could 120 wrestle, and add AI.

Or 300 points in mana is 900 more mana, witch gives like 30 more seconds till the are Out of mana

XeneX

Adventurer
I was going to comment that I do the same when I screw up a build, but also when I finish a perfect build, decide to take a break, the minute hand on the clock is at 6 or 12, etc :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason is because str and hp cost so much to raise. there are few things 1 vs 1 that will do so much damage to my dog that i cant heal it up at 600 hp, so 700 wouldnt make a difference, but those 300 points could 120 wrestle, and add AI.

Or 300 points in mana is 900 more mana, witch gives like 30 more seconds till they are Out of mana

I am sorry but that is a gross exaggeration..... his mana lasted a good 45 seconds longer :)