• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champ spawns.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So at the piper spawn. I gave up..Trying to do with sampire and all proper gear and stuff. Took way too long to even finish level 1. Slimes and rats do not aggro right away, and it is impossible to get them close together to nook a bunch at a time. Each time the hit lands it kills everything but still not enough. No aggro creatures. People are saying they can do this in 20 minutes? How? I must be doing something wrong, or the 20 minutes story is bogus. Any ideas for sampire doing this? As said all gear is proper, and each time I hit things they are dead 1 shot. But things are all over the place and they do not aggro, therefore cannot be gathered. Any info on this appreciated on this specific champ spawn. Ty in advance.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Create a target nearest enemy>attack current target macro and then bind it to a key and then run around spamming it to aggro them all and then whirlwind them until there is a pile of corpses up to your chin.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its really sad how the normal progression of people leaving the game and the demand for Power Scrolls is going in to orbit (because of the new pet system)… and no attempt or thought to increase the sweetness to get more.

Basic ecumenic. Supply - Demand. Supply is horrid... Demand is outrageous.

As sooooo much new content hit with this HS addition, they could have added some with all the new loot. :) Would have been nice.

Maybe next time!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must be doing something wrong, or the 20 minutes story is bogus. Any ideas for sampire doing this?
Yes you're doing something wrong. You might want to go to the warrior's forum and read the respective threads about playing a sampire and spawns. You can make all monsters on the screen aggro on you by simply having a open paperdoll macro on a key and spamming that while moving. This causes the client to lag and every monster on the screen to attack you. It's the same mechanic that allows mages to do that by teleporting around.
20 minutes is not bogus, it's real and can be done with cheap all imbued gear, nothing special needed as long as you know how to play a sampire. good luck

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its really sad how the normal progression of people leaving the game and the demand for Power Scrolls is going in to orbit (because of the new pet system)… and no attempt or thought to increase the sweetness to get more.

As sooooo much new content hit with this HS addition, they could have added some with all the new loot. :) Would have been nice.

Maybe next time!
I don't think you know what you're talking about... it's easier than it has ever been to get powerscrolls these days. Have you even tried?
For some reason people like to complain about the supply while at the same time they are unwilling to go get powerscrolls themselves...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you know what you're talking about... it's easier than it has ever been to get powerscrolls these days. Have you even tried?
For some reason people like to complain about the supply while at the same time they are unwilling to go get powerscrolls themselves...
Yeah. I dont think YOU know what you're talking about.

Power scrolls to train up a proper pet run 25-50 million gold. Demand far outweighs any supply, no matter what you are smoking.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so have you tried to farm scrolls for yourself? or are you one of those who complain about the lack of supply and can't be bothered to go farm the scrolls themselves?

I farm scrolls on a regular basis and either use them myself or sell them. So sorry to disappoint but I do know what I'm talking about.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They did slow the number of spawn a little while back.. so the Baracoon fight is indeed slower than it once was, but not by a heck of a long time. Set the macro like Vic was saying and it goes much quicker.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes you're doing something wrong. You might want to go to the warrior's forum and read the respective threads about playing a sampire and spawns. You can make all monsters on the screen aggro on you by simply having a open paperdoll macro on a key and spamming that while moving. This causes the client to lag and every monster on the screen to attack you. It's the same mechanic that allows mages to do that by teleporting around.
20 minutes is not bogus, it's real and can be done with cheap all imbued gear, nothing special needed as long as you know how to play a sampire. good luck
Cool.. Will try the paperdoll open macro. Thanks Max.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep, non-aggressive first few levels in spawns are a PITA. But this way described by Max
may work. Also if you take WAY too long at each level, the spawn regresses..

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, non-aggressive first few levels in spawns are a PITA. But this way described by Max
may work. Also if you take WAY too long at each level, the spawn regresses..
Max's way works. i added open paperdol to my target nearest enemy macro. works like a champ

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whoever said the best way is to get a friend that is the easiest way. Max & Bo can do a spawn in about 15 minutes easy. One protects, other kills the champ, everyone keeps what they get, that equates to 24 scrolls per hour. Now Bo runs a little different than max for spawns, bo runs a hailstorm repond slayer, using momentum strike, usually clears out most of the stuff on the screen.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Maybe next time!
Firstly "ecumenic" has nothing to do with demand and supply. It involves creating unity between religious sects.

There is no issue with supply of ps in this thread, the issue is incompetence. I have soloed champ spawns for every champ except Oaks. And I suck at video games. It isn't hard but there is definitely a technique that works. If the OP can't figure out how to get through lvl 1 rats on a sampire then I question if OP even knows what the proper gear is. That wasn't an insult, just a valid, serious observation given the information the OP provided!.
My suggestion is for the OP to reach out to some of the more experienced spawners on your shard and have them teach you how to spawn. And 20 min rats spawns arent a lie.... they are the average.
It also depends on things like how many candles spawned originally, if you get raided, what location are you spawning.

Oh and if you were thinking economics.... the principle you are referring to is Demand and Supply ( that is the correct order of events, demand first then supply) The media twists it around to make it sound better, but if you think of it in the proper order it will help you find the root cause. The supply, in this case, has remained unchanged, but the demand has increased 10 fold. None of which has anything to do with the OP not being able to advance lvl 1 of a rat spawn! And none of it has been connected to veteran players leaving the game which has actually gone down.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly "ecumenic" has nothing to do with demand and supply. It involves creating unity between religious sects.
Whatever you say. :)

Supply... doesnt meet demand. Its that simple. To make 50m honestly, just to build up a pet to high combat range... may take a year? Yeah. Thats looney.

It sure wouldnt HURT to give other ways to see power scrolls outside hanging around fel champion spawn.

Just like those lousy paintings that give .1% bonuses. Its sad and a waste of space. Vet skull rug that never gives level 5 maps or the rose rug that never gives black or white seeds. The whole game wouldnt tank over night to give people MORE now and then.

enfo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
use open paperdoll, so it all targets you, run about, use a soul seeker for whirlwind ( i think not been back long ) smash the spawn, get a toon to protect you for more scrolls

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hit area effect on the WW weapon helps to speed it up. I had shared a table I made in the warrior forum that listed the average resist for the main spawns, it could be accurate still though it would be years old now, look it up.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
-- I'm kind of confused about the argument that supply of powerscrolls doesn't meet the demand? I have an abundance of powerscrolls with which to train my average of 2 new pets a week, sell on a vendor or in Gen Chat, or hang onto until someone mentions needing it. I even trash quite a few because there's literally NO demand for them at all.

(On average, I trash 3-5 Fencing, Mace Fighting, Stealing, and Stealthing scrolls a week.)

Champ Spawns are not difficult at all with a samp. I run my spawns exclusively solo - with one other person if you count the protector hidden somewhere out of the way. I keep my six scrolls, he keeps his six scrolls. In a slow work day? I can run 3-5 spawns.

The only spawn I've never attempted to solo is Oaks, though I'm sure I could if given enough time.

The Open Paperdoll macro is the perfect way to get through the first two rounds of any spawn in under 10 minutes. Undead is the longest spawn because Neira can be a PitA. Semidar is my favorite because she drops super quick.

Anyone who doesn't want to pay market value for powerscrolls and needs them? Needs to work their own spawns and earn their own scrolls. (Hey, you even get a handy dandy 250K at the same time.)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(On average, I trash 3-5 Fencing, Mace Fighting, Stealing, and Stealthing scrolls a week.)
Pets cant eat those. Wrestling, Parry, Meditaion, Focus used to be dropped on the ground.

Pets caused the demand.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pets cant eat those. Wrestling, Parry, Meditaion, Focus used to be dropped on the ground.

Pets caused the demand.
— Totally get the new pet system changed the powerscroll demand. I have about 20 each of Wrestling/Tactics/Parry/Resist Spells/Med/Focus/Anatomy 110s ... about 5-10 each of 115s and at least one 120 of each.

I have more than that of the magic skills.

My point was just that a crolls are out there, and if people can’t find them (or afford current market prices) then they should run champ spawns themselves.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jennifer-Marie is a perfect example.... sounds like her supply of scrolls just fine.... same for anyone that will get off their ass and do a spawn.
The supply hasn't changed folks.... only your perceptions have. The pet skill patched just gave value to some scroll that use to have none.
I stand by my original statement....this has nothing to do with "Economics".... or even "ecumenics". If you can't solo a lvl 1 rats spawn the problem isn't the supply of power scrolls it is technique.
For the OP I am on Cats.... if you are still having trouble I suggest you find a vet on your shard to walk you through this. I think the thread OP just feels a little frustration. That is fair, we have all failed at simple tasks because we used the wrong technique. However, those calling for the power scroll supply algorithm to be modified are perhaps a little spoiled... just saying

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you are running EC, just press C on the keyboard to open and close the paperdoll and it will do just fine.
It would be nice if wrestling scrolls dropped more often, though. In hindsight, I shouldn't have trashed those dozens of 110s, 115s wrestling scrolls I had accumulated for points way before the advanced pet training patch hit.

Overall, champ spawns are pretty easy to do. Oaks can be very boring and time consuming due to terrain constraints, but I solo it once in a blue moon when I am in the mood to kill the harrower.
The Abyssal Infernal spawn in underworld is pretty much the only one I didn't solo yet, and that is because I couldn't be bothered to try so far. Might do it when my monthly break from UO is over.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use open paperdoll, so it all targets you, run about, use a soul seeker for whirlwind ( i think not been back long ) smash the spawn, get a toon to protect you for more scrolls
May I ask why opening a Paperdoll might cause getting attacked ?

Or is it "double clicking" the target which causes that Target to attack the character ?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I ask why opening a Paperdoll might cause getting attacked?

Or is it "double-clicking" the target which causes that Target to attack the character?
If you are in war mode and double click a target it will aggro to you.... good for luring bosses away.
the paper doll trick is just a glitch that has been around for decades.

Twilight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I tryed in Classic Client, Enchant Client, Pinco's UI - the paper doll trick doesn't work :(
I tryed in WarMode, PeaceMode - same..

Maybe there is some additional conditions?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In CC make a macro for open paperdoll if you don't already have the default one. I think it was alt-q or something as the default. It does work, it should cause a rubber-banding effect on your screen. Walk around the champ area hitting this key over and over, you should notice the spawn starting to follow you, run in the middle of the group and use the WW special with the correct hit area above 40% on your weapon...everything should die in one-three swings.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tryed in Classic Client, Enchant Client, Pinco's UI - the paper doll trick doesn't work :(

can you list the specs of your weapon please?

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

— I play exclusively in EC. My macro is a two-fold process: Open Paperdoll, Close Paperdoll. Every time I hit the key on my keyboard, it opens and closes the paper doll - but you have to be moving for it to aggro spawn. Standing still, it doesn’t work.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So at the piper spawn. I gave up..Trying to do with sampire and all proper gear and stuff. Took way too long to even finish level 1. Slimes and rats do not aggro right away, and it is impossible to get them close together to nook a bunch at a time. Each time the hit lands it kills everything but still not enough. No aggro creatures. People are saying they can do this in 20 minutes? How? I must be doing something wrong, or the 20 minutes story is bogus. Any ideas for sampire doing this? As said all gear is proper, and each time I hit things they are dead 1 shot. But things are all over the place and they do not aggro, therefore cannot be gathered. Any info on this appreciated on this specific champ spawn. Ty in advance.
I solo champs all the time with either a necro mage or a chiv archer and have never had any problem with 1st level aggro.