• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Am I doing something wrong, has something changed or does the RNG hate me today?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been a while since I crafted a luck suit. Trying to get clean 150 piece + a resist boost with a copper runic. Choosing Powerful, Grand, Inspired, exalted, sublime (6 charges) I only seem to be getting 110's with a resist boost. Am I remembering incorrectly?

Nathan

Adventurer
So for this first attempt you will select Grand Artifice and Inspired Artifice you will then go down to the choose name right arrow and pick out of the titles for Auspicious of Luck . After you select the title you will see on bottom right there is a reforge item arrow you will click that making sure to be standing within two tiles of a soul forge. If you are also wanting highest resists possible you will also select Exalted Artifice and Sublime Artifice then clicking the title of Fortified of Defense. Reforging is completely random and will take lots of attempts to get the pieces you want. After you get your piece with 150 luck and if you like the resists if doing the fortified of Defense you will put each piece to the side. Make sure to unravel or salvage your leather as you go to keep it manageable in your backpack.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish the Dev Team would fix this, eliminating randomness in favor of choosing the results and having the gump tell you how many charges of which hammer would be needed to produce the desired result, because I'm not a gambler @Kyronix

Randomness: pancake that omelet.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So for this first attempt you will select Grand Artifice and Inspired Artifice you will then go down to the choose name right arrow and pick out of the titles for Auspicious of Luck . After you select the title you will see on bottom right there is a reforge item arrow you will click that making sure to be standing within two tiles of a soul forge. If you are also wanting highest resists possible you will also select Exalted Artifice and Sublime Artifice then clicking the title of Fortified of Defense. Reforging is completely random and will take lots of attempts to get the pieces you want. After you get your piece with 150 luck and if you like the resists if doing the fortified of Defense you will put each piece to the side. Make sure to unravel or salvage your leather as you go to keep it manageable in your backpack.
Yeah this I get. Just can't remember if what I'm selecting gives it enough juice to max out luck and add resist buff. (For example with a copper runic selecting auspecious of fortune only will only max luck to 130 whereas selecting powerful to go with that produces 150)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish the Dev Team would fix this, eliminating randomness in favor of choosing the results and having the gump tell you how many charges of which hammer would be needed to produce the desired result, because I'm not a gambler @Kyronix

Then imbue stuff. The reason reforging gets higher values is because it was made for those who like to gamble and get better stuff.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then imbue stuff. The reason reforging gets higher values is because it was made for those who like to gamble and get better stuff.
I agree. While it may seem random there is a great deal of info out there that gives you much better shots at getting what you want. I suggest anyone doing reforging visit this thread: [Imbuing] - Reforging. How to @semmerset created an absolutely wonderful guide for creating single mod overcaps with reforging.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep making them. I want to know what to use!

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is a thing that many people want in many MMOs reduce RNG and gambling and increase certainty through using resources/grind. So far it seems that the devs dont want to do this - almost certainly [in other games than UO] for financial reasons [pay to win]

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Fridgster "Am I doing something wrong, has something changed or does the RNG hate me today?" Nah, It just hates you, as do most of us! ROFL J/K bud. I couldn't resist.

Truthfully though, I go through weeks or months of getting nada/nil/zip, and then earlier this week, I got 2 cameo's back-to-back, on "roof runs". So who knows! Same thing on 100% elemental weapons. Reforge 20-25, NOTHING. Then 3 back-to-back-to back.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I been on the roof a lot and the RNG hates me as well. I have yet to get a robe or a cameo, I have gotten other drops (more than once) yet an alliance member and his wife has been there far more then I and have gotten a robe almost every time, with a few cameos as well.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The Cameos I can see. They look cool, awesome actually. But the Robes from there? Jeez wheez ! Everyone wearing them looks like nuns! Gimme a break! Make them look like a dublet, a short coat, or something. I know, I know, the stats etc, but tired of seeing everyone, including newbies with them. I dunno, buit I think their art is a little too much..:)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Fridgster "Am I doing something wrong, has something changed or does the RNG hate me today?" Nah, It just hates you, as do most of us! ROFL J/K bud. I couldn't resist.

Truthfully though, I go through weeks or months of getting nada/nil/zip, and then earlier this week, I got 2 cameo's back-to-back, on "roof runs". So who knows! Same thing on 100% elemental weapons. Reforge 20-25, NOTHING. Then 3 back-to-back-to back.
Ever notice the large number of chaos 100%s? So irritating!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The Cameos I can see. They look cool, awesome actually. But the Robes from there? Jeez wheez ! Everyone wearing them looks like nuns! Gimme a break! Make them look like a dublet, a short coat, or something. I know, I know, the stats etc, but tired of seeing everyone, including newbies with them. I dunno, but I think their art is a little too much..:)
I have to agree about the hawkwind robe, I really Hate :eek::mad::mad2::cursing::flame::lame:the art on it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have to agree about the hawkwind robe, I really Hate :eek::mad::mad2::cursing::flame::lame:the art on it.
I do too... looks like a birthday cake gone bad or a wedding cake or something...

and do you wanna talk does this robe make me look fat? Yes, yes it most certainly does.