• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TV Superbowl

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The Patriots are the favorite team but only by a couple of points, this should be a great game.

Brady's passer rating is near 115 when the defensive ends don't pressure him and only sixty-something when the ends can make him hurry. Good news for Rams fans, Donald and Suh are the leagues best at bringing heat from the ends. If we see the sixty-something rated Brady the Rams should win. If Donald and Suh can't pressure Brady then Gronk and Edelman will chew the Rams apart.

My pick: Patriots in what should be a good game. Brady's been to the big show 8 times and won 5, this will be his 9th trip and experience is invaluable at this level.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Patriots are the favorite team but only by a couple of points, this should be a great game.

Brady's passer rating is near 115 when the defensive ends don't pressure him and only sixty-something when the ends can make him hurry. Good news for Rams fans, Donald and Suh are the leagues best at bringing heat from the ends. If we see the sixty-something rated Brady the Rams should win. If Donald and Suh can't pressure Brady then Gronk and Edelman will chew the Rams apart.

My pick: Patriots in what should be a good game. Brady's been to the big show 8 times and won 5, this will be his 9th trip and experience is invaluable at this level.
I grew up/lived in Boston for 25 years! Go pats! Don't let Gurley explode!

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Gurley certainly didn't explode, he barely played. His injured knee was worse than advertised.

13 - 3, Pats win!

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Gurley certainly didn't explode, he barely played. His injured knee was worse than advertised.

13 - 3, Pats win!
They claim his knee was fine. Either wayyyyy #6!! Pats played their best D all year.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There is no way you bench perhaps the best running back in the league in the biggest game of the year unless something is wrong with him. If he was fine then the coach made a mistake not establishing the ground game with him.

"I'm going to fool the other team, i'm going to bench my best guy!" is not a winning strategy, lol.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was the worst super bowl in the past 30 years. I think I fell asleep twice. My eagles would've stomped either of those teams. Brady looked awful and should retire.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Heh, yeah, he's looking 6 championship rings of aweful huh? Lol... It was a total defensive clinic, on both sides. Some who need excitement or need to see tons of points don't appreciate that as much but it was, in fact, a well played game strategicaly(on defense).

Gurley went from MVP candidate to no show. I mean cmon, the Rams gave the ball to a rookie more than him, something isn't as advertised there -
I could have done without the politics, football has nothing to do with politics, but otherwise... nice defensive clinic. One of the Rams endzone drops was in the middle of the field. Watch the replay, the guy who got there just in time to tap his arm read the play and ran clear across the entire field to barely get there... and it's not his position or job. Plays like that, a pleasure to watch.

Politics is killing football right now, this year marks the worst ratings the league has ever had largely due to politics which I don't want to get into. Not just the knee stuff, but actual super imposing of political issues onto football that have nothing to do with football. That stuff is toxic and will kill any league in any sport.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Something else, even though he lost I really like this young coach McVeigh. He was totally outmatched by Belichik this year but that was because of the huge difference in experience. Bilichik/Brady has been to the big game 9 times, winning 6. McVeigh/Goff was all rookie and it showed.

BUT...

McVeigh did some really smart things that might have been hard to notice. When he came out for the second half he made one adjustment most didn't notice. The coaches can talk to their players via headset but the signal is cut off with 15 seconds left on the play clock. McVeigh KNEW Belichik was reading his plays flawlessly and so the Rams started letting the play clock run to 15 seconds before lining up. By doing that Belichik couldn't make adjustments. The game was a win for the Rams, holding the Pats to 13 pts was an accomplishment. Too bad they didn't throw MVP Gurley at the Patriots to keep them honest vs the pass.

Hopefully the league can get back to football and away from all the political distractions, it's costing them a lot of viewers.