• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 Throwing & can't hit anything!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 120.0 Throwing (real skill) & can't hit anything. I went to New Haven Mines; fired at Earth Elementals at acceptable range for the weapons - I hit them once or twice but miss all the other times.

Tried it on various other monsters and animals, and its all the same - I keep missing.

What is going on with this ??

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also, have tried killing myself, switching weapons, crossing server lines, attacking different targets..

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guess is you have a shield equipped. If you do, you take a massive hit chance decrease. If you don't have one equipped, then I'm not sure. ;)

I made that mistake with my first tosser!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is you have a shield equipped. If you do, you take a massive hit chance decrease. If you don't have one equipped, then I'm not sure. ;)

Thanks! That was it. I unequiped my shield and now i can hit stuff. Now what do I do for my free hand? any ideas?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why aren't the Throwing weapons 2-handed weapons ?

Not having a Shield equipped one loses all of the stats that the shield could have given...

At least this could be compensated if Throwing weapons where to be 2-handed and have, of course, more stats to benefit from as compared to a 1-handed weapon ?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps if game staff had listened to the massive results of adding elves back in the day...

And added a new race 1x a year... we'd have Hobbits by now.

And Hobbits would have like a 20% bonus throwing skill... as they do. :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Throwing is so broke the Developers don't even know how it works. There's something about a sweat spot, over throwing and under throwing.

Archery uses ammo, but at least its fire and forget. No sweat spots or penality to worry about.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If you have parry you can reduce or totally negate the hit chance penalty depending on your skill level

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Throwing is so broke the Developers don't even know how it works. There's something about a sweat spot, over throwing and under throwing.

Archery uses ammo, but at least its fire and forget. No sweat spots or penality to worry about.
The sweet spot is dependent on your STR. With 150 STR, most Throwing Weps have a max range of 11 tiles, which is further than Archery. However, if you throw at the max of 11 tiles, you deal less damage. At 10 tiles though, you'll have full damage with 150 STR.

If you have parry you can reduce or totally negate the hit chance penalty depending on your skill level
I tried that a few years ago. It still has a hit chance penalty even with GM+ Parry, it's just not quite so severe.