• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dogs..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think I figured the trick to lead tame dogs. In like one hour I cycle-spawned 30 dogs with only one death! I was amazed, as I usually die a lot there..Still no new color dog. But I have accumulated no less than 6 dogs that are 600 HP or better than 595 HPS, and one of these with 70/70 cold/energy, most with low cold low energy! And t hey are all Color dogies, one pure black and one pure red.
Now I know why people are charging 15-20+ M for these! Whew! I hate that bleed attack they have, also the fact you are dead in 2 hits. Now if I can figure a way to make some needed $ selling some of them.

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Train them to lvl 4, prepped for 5, set stats, resists, and regens.

Leaving them open ended for the buyer to finish, saves you time, and the buyer might like it better.

Sell without scrolls for 5-7 mil and you will have buyers lining up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I beat everything down to almost dead and then tame. They walk much slower.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Things with high magic resist are only paralyzed for a few seconds.
Beating them down makes them walk very slow.

Merth

Journeyman
The secret to lead taming is to have a stable internet connection. Make sure you are not set to “always run”.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And stay 2 tiles away.

I usually have it set to always run, and miss my macro a few times, but i tame dogs no problem now.

Honor for GD, and WW, and grab a buddy for other things.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I saw a guy once at Cu spawn, he would paralyze one, tame it, then make it attack another and release it just as it was about to die, then kill the other one that would also be nearly dead and repeat until he got whatever color he was looking for.

I thought I read that if you paralyze a mob and then tame it, either its stats or skills took a loss, can't remember the details. If it's just skills para taming isn't too bad, can get skills up easy enough at gregorio and shadow eles.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are so easy to tame just walk up to them and do it... and lead tame them... then invis, invis, invis... and it's tame...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are so easy to tame just walk up to them and do it... and lead tame them... then invis, invis, invis... and it's tame...
Exactly. I see others do this and get a Cu on the first try. My method is same amount of invis but more violence.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always lead tame everything, including GDs (gotta have GM Resist on for that). Mastered lead taming a long time ago. Cus are one of the easier mobs to lead tame, since they have no ranged attack, and once you drag them out to the grass area, nothing else will attack you (unless you're Negative Karma). It just takes getting used to the movement rhythm of the creature you're taming.
When it comes to farming Cus anymore, i just use my Wammy on one account, with my Disco/Tamer on the other. Disco/Tamer hits the Cu with Discord, then i switch to Wammy, Honor the Cu, EoO, Curse Weapon, then Double Strike spam the Cu dead within 3-4 swings. If it's a Para Cu, i'll hit it with Corpse Skin too. My Wammy uses a 100% Fire Double Axe with Fey Slayer/50% HLA/81% HML/50% HSL/50% DI.

As for the penalty in Paralyze taming, it drops their skills even further after tame.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So what's the trick? I usually honor tame because I suck at lead taming.
I was upset about getting killed routinely there, so I made it a point to learn the trick : It is timing and constantly moving, just a few steps ahead of the cu avoiding paths you may get hung up on and miss one step, the get bit in the arse. Also keep macro tame ON constantly. The Cu will follow you so by holding down the macro you are constantly spamming use skill taming, last target .. It turns out that you are actually making MANY taming attempts each run leading, and when you see "beginniing to tame" INVIS quickly, as dog will be upon you quickly. Then he usually stops aggroing you, and the taming continues spamming the messages.
I would recommend FC 1 or FC 2 for this, as invis needs be quick, and with a second hit it will be OOOooo..
Most importantly you must have a death wish to do this lol. Get ready to die a . lot at beginning. Key is also, make sure your macro keys are EASY locationn for you to hit. My multi-spam taming macro for instance is CRTL-F4 : Thats a mistake since it uses two fingers to fire. It would have been better if it was one key for continuously firing the taming macro..
I also use the always run, but do it in spurts, short ones -timing-, then if I get hit/bled, run and try to wait the bleed out : Fast if go out to cave..Then back again
I tried energy fields (what a goof!), needless to say it produces line of site issue and does not work.
Paralyze, ok if I just want to cycle the beasts, not for keepers, but then I will need to add EVAL or paralyze will be worthless?
I have only one account, so I wanted something fast cycling them. I bet with Wammy or Sampire with a Fire weapon (Dont take a hit fire area weapon there, lol), It may fe fast also.
How fast was with wammy? Can it beat 30 cus/hour? and this counting a death, and several runs out due to bleeds that would not stop. It will be interesting to test Sampire EoO/CW 100% fire weapon. Then I would have to rebuild Karma I bet..
Trying to find the fastest method if you are only one doing this. Problem with sampire swammy wammy is they usually cannot hold LORE in the skills as they are super-crowded usually.
So far lead taming in my decrepid way seemed to work. But it takes practice, and dying at first..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also spam the tame key until I see a blue message and then run ahead and invis. I call it brute force taming.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have only one account, so I wanted something fast cycling them. I bet with Wammy or Sampire with a Fire weapon (Dont take a hit fire area weapon there, lol), It may fe fast also.
How fast was with wammy? Can it beat 30 cus/hour? and this counting a death, and several runs out due to bleeds that would not stop. It will be interesting to test Sampire EoO/CW 100% fire weapon. Then I would have to rebuild Karma I bet.
Takes my Wammy about 5 seconds to kill a normal Cu. He can kill Paragon Cus too, that takes about 20-30 secs.
As for cycling Cus by taming them, make sure you wear a suit with 70 Cold/75 Energy Resist, use a -0 Mage Wep, and have 45% DCI. HPR and Cold/Energy Eater help as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You dont have to kill the normal ones. Release them in the sand and they will fight the changelings.

When you are have done it enough you can just walk up and tame them in a couple of tries.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I generally take the fresh tamed Cu over to something like another Cu or a Paragon Cu tell it to attack and when it's nearly dead.... release it.... it will die... and you lose NO Karma...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Takes my Wammy about 5 seconds to kill a normal Cu. He can kill Paragon Cus too, that takes about 20-30 secs.
As for cycling Cus by taming them, make sure you wear a suit with 70 Cold/75 Energy Resist, use a -0 Mage Wep, and have 45% DCI. HPR and Cold/Energy Eater help as well.
How would the weapon help? DCI 45 pretty tough but doable, just have to re-dress when training, hunting, etc..Good ideas. But is there something to the weapon? Does it add defense? TY in advance.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How would the weapon help? DCI 45 pretty tough but doable, just have to re-dress when training, hunting, etc..Good ideas. But is there something to the weapon? Does it add defense? TY in advance.
The chance for a creature to hit you, is based on a comparison between the creature's Wrestling skill, and your Wep Skill (if wielding a wep) or Wrestling skill (if you're unarmed). If you have 0 wep skill and 0 Wrestling skill, most creatures are going to have a 95% chance to land a hit on you when they attack. Even with 45% DCI, if you don't have a wep skill/wrestling/Mage Wep, you're going to be hit about 95% of the time by most creatures. If you're using a -0 Mage Wep however, your Magery is substituted as your wep skill. If you have GM Magery, and are wielding a -0 Mage Wep, a Cu with GM Wrest will have a 50% chance to land a hit on you, before DCI is factored in. With 45% DCI, GM Magery with -0 Mage Wep, that same Cu with GM Wrest, would only have a 34% chance to land a hit on you.
Basically, -0 Mage Wep with 45% DCI gives you a better chance to survive if you make a mistake while lead taming.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The chance for a creature to hit you, is based on a comparison between the creature's Wrestling skill, and your Wep Skill (if wielding a wep) or Wrestling skill (if you're unarmed). If you have 0 wep skill and 0 Wrestling skill, most creatures are going to have a 95% chance to land a hit on you when they attack. Even with 45% DCI, if you don't have a wep skill/wrestling/Mage Wep, you're going to be hit about 95% of the time by most creatures. If you're using a -0 Mage Wep however, your Magery is substituted as your wep skill. If you have GM Magery, and are wielding a -0 Mage Wep, a Cu with GM Wrest will have a 50% chance to land a hit on you, before DCI is factored in. With 45% DCI, GM Magery with -0 Mage Wep, that same Cu with GM Wrest, would only have a 34% chance to land a hit on you.
Basically, -0 Mage Wep with 45% DCI gives you a better chance to survive if you make a mistake while lead taming.
THIS is SWEEET info!! Thanks! I think I may have 0 mage weap, but 2 handed one. Is there a ONE handed one so I can maintain a shield with props on it? Thank you!!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THIS is SWEEET info!! Thanks! I think I may have 0 mage weap, but 2 handed one. Is there a ONE handed one so I can maintain a shield with props on it? Thank you!!
Yes, Balakai's Shaman Staff is a 1H Wand that has -0 Mage Wep on it. The other -0 Mage Weps are Swords of Prosperity (2H), Staff of Magi (2H), and Staff of Pyros (2H).
It's good to combine the Balakai's Shaman Staff with a SC/15% DCI Shield for taming. You can get another 5% DCI from Tangle, 5% from Quiver of Infinity, and then have some Jewelry with DCI on it specifically for taming. All of this makes you a lot more survivable when taming.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much for the information! By the way does mage -0 weapon plus DCI=45 protect from spells and also missile items like arrows and shuriken/darts?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much for the information! By the way does mage -0 weapon plus DCI=45 protect from spells and also missile items like arrows and shuriken/darts?
-0 Mage Wep+45% DCI helps avoid being hit by arrows/bolts, and shurikens/fukiya darts, but not spells. Same calculations as above, except the Shuriken/Dart attack's hit chance is influenced by the attacker's Ninjitsu skill, rather than their wep skill.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They make a Cu Ranch on LS to get colors.

This person is counting how many they tame and release.

upload_2018-12-16_18-4-14.png

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
-0 Mage Wep+45% DCI helps avoid being hit by arrows/bolts, and shurikens/fukiya darts, but not spells. Same calculations as above, except the Shuriken/Dart attack's hit chance is influenced by the attacker's Ninjitsu skill, rather than their wep skill.
TY..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They make a Cu Ranch on LS to get colors.

This person is counting how many they tame and release.

View attachment 90785
Looks like 133+ Cus and 4 tamers plus one hidden behind the bar up..Wonder how long it took them to do these..Should probably be 30+ cus/tamer/hour. They got 1 red one. Problem with the colors are to get one with high to very high hps like 590-to close to 600, and also cold/energy close to 70, that is the real challenge. It probably is a combination of real life luck to hit a sweet RND, and shear number of tames. It is not easy to get the dreamy Cu with all the right stuff. I dont know if game luck influences this, but doubt it, also the totem does not I take it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totem dont work on Cus or Hiryus.

They are looking for Blaze. They dont even look at the stats. Thats how I get mine for free usually. I help kill the paragons and beg for the color ones. I have never tamed a Cu. (human)

The low stats Cus work well with 110 scrolls with 120 Chiv. Saves 260 points so thats 85 HP.
I will take any color with over 550 HP.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Totem dont work on Cus or Hiryus.

They are looking for Blaze. They dont even look at the stats. Thats how I get mine for free usually. I help kill the paragons and beg for the color ones. I have never tamed a Cu. (human)

The low stats Cus work well with 110 scrolls with 120 Chiv. Saves 260 points so thats 85 HP.
I will take any color with over 550 HP.
Yep, and the blasted 120 PS still cost a ton..Esp wres, tact. Aw well maybe 1 year down the line they will get a little lower..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 120 Chiv went from 2 to 8 Mil now. Someone musta blabbed about Chivalry. I just ran out and have to buy now.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem with the colors are to get one with high to very high hps like 590-to close to 600, and also cold/energy close to 70, that is the real challenge.
Personally, i prefer Cus with 70 Cold/85 Energy. Energy is the third most important Resist, and i can still raise Physical and Fire to 80.

Yep, and the blasted 120 PS still cost a ton..Esp wres, tact. Aw well maybe 1 year down the line they will get a little lower..
You'd think that the price of PS would've gone down, considering the shard bound 120s that came from the Fel Khaldun Champ recently. 2/3 of the PS from that spawn were guaranteed to be 120s. But nope. I haven't seen even a single one of those shard bound 120s for sale. The big PvP guilds must be hoarding them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You'd think that the price of PS would've gone down, considering the shard bound 120s that came from the Fel Khaldun Champ recently. 2/3 of the PS from that spawn were guaranteed to be 120s. But nope. I haven't seen even a single one of those shard bound 120s for sale. The big PvP guilds must be hoarding them.
There were few PvPers doing it on LS after the second week. I talked to F8 and BSR leaders before the event on LS and both said they were doing other shards as a group. Only stragglers that cooperated were on LS.
I bought a 120 bound Chiv scroll today from a tamer. One of those Guilds was planning to do Great Lakes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It worked! The person in the pic got a Blaze Cu this morning!

Has 594 HP 604 str 70 cold resist. They gave it to Sess.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Grats to Sess..yep, thats a good one allright to put it VERY mildly..lol. Both very high HP and low cold and Blaze? What are the chances of all that? Probably the only one in the game now like this? Never ever see one like that, but have not seen many anyaways..lol. That is very extremely high priced should sell untrained for MANY plats not just 1.5 plat as is now for a not so well stacked Blaze in traders forum..Big GRATS to Sess and the team spawning it!
How long did it take to spawn? 1000 Cus?
(I could be wrong but I think the entire spawning team should benefit from this. Possibly 1 plat for each of the 5 tamers spawning?)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Does mage weapon, and DCI of 45% protect you from "bleed" attack from dragons and Cus also? TY in advance..

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree, but use a bow (Carry no arrows) and make up the loss of magery with rings.... That way you won't attack and anger the beastie if it gets to close... this is where the ec really shines with the dress macros... And there are some pretty sexy legendary mage bows out there ....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does mage weapon, and DCI of 45% protect you from "bleed" attack from dragons and Cus also? TY in advance..
Don't think so. I've seen them miss the bite, but land the Bleed before.

Agree, but use a bow (Carry no arrows) and make up the loss of magery with rings.... That way you won't attack and anger the beastie if it gets to close... this is where the ec really shines with the dress macros... And there are some pretty sexy legendary mage bows out there ....
I usually just keep War Mode on while i'm attempting to land a tame attempt (You seem to anger the beast), but once the actual tame attempt starts, i go into peace mode, that way i won't hit the creature. I'm very good at keeping out of melee range anyways (so long as i don't lag), been lead taming since 97.

I like the -0 Mage Weps, because they also tend to have some caster stats, like FC 1 (Swords of Prosperity, Staff of Magi/Pyros), or +10 Med (Balakai's Shaman Staff). Just be careful when wielding the Staff of Pyros, Reponds will deal double damage to you while wielding it since it's Undead Slayer.
I have been thinking of making a -15 Mage Wep Repeating Crossbow with SC, no Neg, 50% HLA/50% HLD. That way i can debuff the opponent with HLA/HLD from range as my pet fights. I have a Kryss version of this, but would like a ranged option.