• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Issues With The New Dress Macro - Classic Client

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No matter how many times I create the macro, hit apply, hit ok, log out / in - the macro is no longer created. Everyytime I log out, the macro deletes. Anyone else having this issue?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh, back to UO Assist slow as heck dress macro. The new one is so fast =/.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had 0 issues with the new dress macros. Only time Ive had issues with a macro saving is when I have multiple clients open.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have had 0 issues with the new dress macros. Only time Ive had issues with a macro saving is when I have multiple clients open.
So in CC you can save the dress macro, log out and back in and it still works? Maybe they fixed it?

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
make sure you select both record dress 1,its to the right of record dress under actions,and select dress 1 when doing the dress macro,same place......I had it not work for me a couple times ,comes out I forgot to do that,,maybe this will help

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have not tried this new feature. I just want to re dress after death.

Is there a guide to set this up?
Dunno about EC, but in CC there are several macros way down in the list. Record dress (1-2-3), Undress (1-2-3), Dress (1-2-3) etc, self explanatory. But no idea about EC..Really handy when getting ready to pop a T-Chest, or death robe shedding and quickie re-ress..Abou time they added that, and its appreciated.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What am I recording? Do I start naked and record my toon dressing? Sounds pervy to me.

It is clear from all my pics. I play CC.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not tried this new feature. I just want to re dress after death.

Is there a guide to set this up?
You need to make 2 macros atleast:

First you need the record macro (You CANNOT delete this, if you do the dress macro will stop working when you log out + back in)
+
You need to use this macro atleast once after you set it up to record what you are wearing

Then you just need this macro

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What am I recording? Do I start naked and record my toon dressing? Sounds pervy to me.
First put the armor/items that you want on, then press the record macro button (will ask you 1-2-3 etc), choose 1. Then you can test it by pressing the undress button, and it will instantly remove all gear and put them in your main backpack. Then press Dress macro, and all gear is on in a snap..It used to be that the record did not record permanently, as other poster said now it does. Ill have to test it personally.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are using non us/UK naming for keys together with thoose keys e. G. Numpad +1, the macro will be deleted after reloading.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If you are using non us/UK naming for keys together with thoose keys e. G. Numpad +1, the macro will be deleted after reloading.
this has always been a issue, you have to set your keyboard to US.
i learned this the hard way, i had no idea there was a 'Canadian Keyboard'