• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] 51 Mining

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm building out my Treasure Hunter and will soon be ready to embark on treasure maps. In your expert opinions, will 51 mining be sufficient for a treasure hunter? This means my dig point must be within 2 tiles. Otherwise I'll need to run a Crystalline Ring and go for 81 Mining. This is my current template plan:

120 Magery
120 Mysticism
120 Focus (+11 from ring)
120 Spellweaving
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
51 Mining

I cannot increase Sw, Carto, LP or Mining from skill on jewelry. Thus I targeted focus (which is also easy to regain if necessary. If I run the Crystalline Ring, then I could hit 85 mining with the +5 mining gloves to get to the 3 tile radius. Is this a necessary tradeoff?

Thanks for your advice!

-OBSIDIAN-

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't use mining. I can generally find the dig spot within 1 minute. I prefer to use those points elsewhere.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't use mining. I can generally find the dig spot within 1 minute. I prefer to use those points elsewhere.
Ok good input. I will start with 51. I’ll try going with 0 once I get the hang of it.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Certainly 51 mining is easier than 0, but I agree, it's unnecessary. I get by with 0 mining on both t-hunters and don't miss it. I pat myself on the back when I find the treasure on the first dig with 0 mining.

Faith Leafmould

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You can run 100 mining and keep it on a soulstone, Then swap with Carto once you have decoded your maps.
I have found (maybe my own failings] lvl 7 maps difficult with the build you suggest. Whereas my Tamer/TH with a trained dog can do them easily on his own.