• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Sampire

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
or Sampire on a budget

let's assume i play on siege and will not have a leet suit would should my build be
skill wise
and more importantly stat wise lets assume i'm not going to be able to get to 150 dex through items what should my bare minimum naked stats be?

does archery work with a Sampire??
is fencing ok with only the two handed Kama as whirlwind weapon ??

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I use an Archer-Fencer Sampire on Siege that has only imbued suit and weapons with Kama and Comp bow.
I only use him to farm baracon and rikktor because I never had the patient to imbue other weapons with the right mods.
Its a pretty ok char to use imo
It's hard to answer your questions because Im not playing too much anymore so I forgot a bunch of stuff but Im sure that there r people on Siege that can answer all ur questions =)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
these two templates work very well for spawns and also for boss encounters:

1: 120 fencing, 120 archery/parry, 120 bushido, 100 tactics, 100 necro, 100 anatomy/resist, 60 chivalry

Use Kama for whirlwinding the spawn and a composite bow to finish the boss or higher lvl spawn if you have trouble with whirlwind there. Switch anatomy with resist when fighting heavy necro casters (blood oath!) and switch archery with parry for bosses. Nice single target weapons are leafblade (potions, ai and feint!) and spear (ai and 2-handed for increased parry chance).
Your bow will be your blessed weapon because you will imbue 30 ssi, slayer, mana leech, hld and di and then enhance with ash to get 40 ssi (+5 from town buff and 180+ stamina will allow 1.5 second swings).

2: 120 swords, 120 bushido, 120 tactics, 100 necro, 100 anatomy/resist, 100 chiv, 60 parry.

Use double axe for whirlwind and dbl strike and bladed staff for ai. Switch anatomy with resist when fighting heavy necro casters (blood oath!). Ideally you would have a set of cameos as your blessed items because those will allow you to use throw away weapons. Since you don't have those I recommend blessing a vermin slayer talisman since you wanna run despise a lot or hardest to replace piece of equipment. Imbue ssi, mana leech, slayer, hld and di on the dbl axe and imbue the bladed staff with mana leech, stam leech, hld, slayer and di.

Both templates use 125 str, 125 dex, 10 int as stats. If you don't have the +25 and +5 stat scrolls yet take str to 100 and dex to 120. It won't be long until you can afford to buy both scrolls (both usually sell for 1-2 mil, 2.5 mil at the most).

In both cases the suit will be exceptional crafted studded pieces made from barbed leather (make sure the tailor has gm armslore) and a looted item as head piece (no studded headpieces, only bone helmet). The looted item should be a lesser artifact or higher with 22+ fire resist and 15+ in physical resist. The rest of the resists are not as important because it's easy to max them out with imbuing as long as they are around 10+. The build the suit around this piece so you will be able to max out every resist (remember you need 95 fire resist because of vampire form) with only one imbuing slot per item. Then put 7 stamina, 7 lmc, 4 hpi, 7 mana on every piece and you should have an all 70s sampire suit without using any special ingredients for imbuing.

For jewellery I like to put 13 hci, 13 dci, 7 dex, 7 str, 22 di on both, ring and bracelet - for the archer/fencer sampire it makes sense to replace str or dex with +skill in chivalry to get to 80+. Along with a weapon mastery this will take you to 31 hci and dci which is plenty for running the Piper or Rikktor. If you rely on divine fury to max out your hci make sure you use counter attack along with it to make up for the dci loss - this works better with parry on the template of course.

I have been running both templates successfully for a long time on Siege and personally prefer the second one because it has more damage output and thus kills stuff faster. The first one is pretty nice for learning to play a sampire if you have never had one before because you can always step back if spawn gets too tough and use the bow to kill stuff from a distance which is slower but also safer.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
these two templates work very well for spawns and also for boss encounters:

1: 120 fencing, 120 archery/parry, 120 bushido, 100 tactics, 100 necro, 100 anatomy/resist, 60 chivalry

Use Kama for whirlwinding the spawn and a composite bow to finish the boss or higher lvl spawn if you have trouble with whirlwind there. Switch anatomy with resist when fighting heavy necro casters (blood oath!) and switch archery with parry for bosses. Nice single target weapons are leafblade (potions, ai and feint!) and spear (ai and 2-handed for increased parry chance).
Your bow will be your blessed weapon because you will imbue 30 ssi, slayer, mana leech, hld and di and then enhance with ash to get 40 ssi (+5 from town buff and 180+ stamina will allow 1.5 second swings).

2: 120 swords, 120 bushido, 120 tactics, 100 necro, 100 anatomy/resist, 100 chiv, 60 parry.

Use double axe for whirlwind and dbl strike and bladed staff for ai. Switch anatomy with resist when fighting heavy necro casters (blood oath!). Ideally you would have a set of cameos as your blessed items because those will allow you to use throw away weapons. Since you don't have those I recommend blessing a vermin slayer talisman since you wanna run despise a lot or hardest to replace piece of equipment. Imbue ssi, mana leech, slayer, hld and di on the dbl axe and imbue the bladed staff with mana leech, stam leech, hld, slayer and di.

Both templates use 125 str, 125 dex, 10 int as stats. If you don't have the +25 and +5 stat scrolls yet take str to 100 and dex to 120. It won't be long until you can afford to buy both scrolls (both usually sell for 1-2 mil, 2.5 mil at the most).

In both cases the suit will be exceptional crafted studded pieces made from barbed leather (make sure the tailor has gm armslore) and a looted item as head piece (no studded headpieces, only bone helmet). The looted item should be a lesser artifact or higher with 22+ fire resist and 15+ in physical resist. The rest of the resists are not as important because it's easy to max them out with imbuing as long as they are around 10+. The build the suit around this piece so you will be able to max out every resist (remember you need 95 fire resist because of vampire form) with only one imbuing slot per item. Then put 7 stamina, 7 lmc, 4 hpi, 7 mana on every piece and you should have an all 70s sampire suit without using any special ingredients for imbuing.

For jewellery I like to put 13 hci, 13 dci, 7 dex, 7 str, 22 di on both, ring and bracelet - for the archer/fencer sampire it makes sense to replace str or dex with +skill in chivalry to get to 80+. Along with a weapon mastery this will take you to 31 hci and dci which is plenty for running the Piper or Rikktor. If you rely on divine fury to max out your hci make sure you use counter attack along with it to make up for the dci loss - this works better with parry on the template of course.

I have been running both templates successfully for a long time on Siege and personally prefer the second one because it has more damage output and thus kills stuff faster. The first one is pretty nice for learning to play a sampire if you have never had one before because you can always step back if spawn gets too tough and use the bow to kill stuff from a distance which is slower but also safer.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!
Thanks Max this is perfect !!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I run a sampire with 100 magery on Siege simply so I can use gate travel. He's not optimized the way I would like him, mainly because I'm not willing to procure top-end gear only to lose it. Maybe I will dust him off some day and see if I can get him working the way I'd like him to function.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
with the vet reward crystal portals, the serpent's jawbone, the eodon crystal and the public hubs on Siege I really don't need magery to get to places. Rarely do I have to run more than 2-3 screens to get to where I want to go. Magery is nice to have but you can easily do without it.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im at work and can't access my info, but to ease some of the suit creation issues I use three artifacts as the core of my sampire suit: the samurai helm, ember legs, and quiver of infinity. The helm and legs I imbue to add mods, and then for my bless Iuse it on my crimmy. ThE first three can be found on vs regularly and cheaply, or you can buy them for a dollar each from the store. I have bought the legs / helm as low as 50k before. My suit has been fine, I can solo medusa without issue, and I have farmed minax captains with it. Totally possible to be successful without a prodo suit!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you feel you must have Magery on a Sampire because of the SP travel restrictions....

Just a reminder, Magery scrolls have casting difficulty 2 circles lower than the actual spell. So, if you're willing to carry them, you can use gate scrolls at the same difficulty as casting a 5th circle spell (paralyze, Poison field, Mind Blast, etc.).

If you opt for magery at the level where 5th circle is 100% (78 Magery), You can carry a few gates, and use them when immediate success is more important, and still be about to cast the spell about 30% of the time if casting from a safer area on Siege (to conserve scrolls) - compared to the 106 magery required for 100% casting Gate. That's 22-28 points better used elsewhere in the Sampire template (and still leaves you capable of casting level 8 summons from scrolls as well)

I'll admit that I'm not a SP player except when other shards are down, and hate the concept of the Sampire in the first place. But, I won't not help someone building one.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
these days you don't really need magery on Siege to get around. There is a hub system that has hundreds of public houses linked and as far as I know there is one of these publicly accessable houses at every dungeon that allows house placement. Then there are the crystal portal, corrupted crystal portal, the eodon moonstone, the ilshenar jawbone that allow for easy travel. Also keep your eyes peeled for these teleporters set to anyone use in private homes. As long as you're within 1 tile range you can still use them despite the fact that you can't access the house.

Since there is no gating from and to inside dungeons anyways it's nearly the same as having magery

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sorry for the thread rez...

I dusted off my siege sampire and I'm setting her up. I've been weighing the pros/cons of magery and decided to drop it. I'm going with this template to get started:

120 Swordsmanship
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Resist
99 Necromancy
95 Chivalry (81 real + 14 item)
60 Parrying

I chose this for max flexibility on spawns including Niera (hence the resist) and Semidar (hence the gender). I'll use one jewel with +14 skill. Mastery in Swords for extra +5 HCI, +5 DCI, +5 STR. City bonus of +5 SSI. I love the idea of eventually getting a Cameo set to bless. Until then, I'll siege bless my most costly artifact.

What do you recommend for robe, cloak, belt, foot, earring and talisman slots? Those are the areas I'm having the most trouble deciding what is a replaceable item. I was thinking mana phasing orbs for the tali, but none are available on Siege player vendors. Earrings are probably just a pair of nocturn. I'm struggling with a replaceable robe, cloak/quiver and especially the belt. What do you all wear on your Siege sampires?

-OBSIDIAN-

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for spawns you don't need anything except for maybe a vermin talisman for rat spawns. Youll end up with 31 hci with just mastery and imbued jewellery if you don't max those out and that'll be plenty for any of the fel spawns. Vendor search on Siege is a bad indicator oh what goods are available. Just spam general chat for a bit announcing that you're buying something and you'll find people selling. Orbs especially are not really hard to come by. But as I said above you don't need them. If you need hci that much use divine fury and make sure you keep counter attack up at all times. Works great even with only 60 parry, believe me.
Of course your suit will be that much better with Ozymandias' obi or a crimson cincture but you'll find it hard to replace those items when they're lost. I have soloed all spawns with the above set up and had no trouble.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's the prodo shard suit perfectionist in me that is driving me crazy with not filling these slots!

My gold coffers on siege are thin at the moment, but I'm getting re-started. First to scroll up and then work on gear.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the prodo shard suit perfectionist will quickly change his mind once he gets raided, killed and looted...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
the prodo shard suit perfectionist will quickly change his mind once he gets raided, killed and looted...
I know... so does everyone leave these slots empty or just use blessed clothing with no mods? I wish I could imbue something...

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
depends on peoples' taste I guess...but honestly...fashion should be the least of your concerns while you're still starting to get established ;-)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Use Shroud of the Condemned for an easily replaced robe. Mana orbs are easy to come by if you ask in chat. For earrings do the transparent heart quest in brit, you get a blessed set which you can use for gorgon lenses for medusa. Quiver of infinity for your back. Turn in boots for your feet. Belt should be a crimmy / tangle / obi that you siege bless.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Use Shroud of the Condemned for an easily replaced robe. Mana orbs are easy to come by if you ask in chat. For earrings do the transparent heart quest in brit, you get a blessed set which you can use for gorgon lenses for medusa. Quiver of infinity for your back. Turn in boots for your feet. Belt should be a crimmy / tangle / obi that you siege bless.
Thanks, this is helpful to give me a suit goal. I can work this into my spreadsheet.

I have not challenged Tyball’s Shadow since... well... the early days of Stygian Abyss. How many shadows per robe (roughly)? The other parts seem reasonable to purchase (including extras) with the belt being the most costly. Max recommended I eventually Siege bless a cameo, but that’s out of my league for now. So the Crimmy or the Obi are good targets.

I have never done the Translucent Heart earring quest. I’m off to go read up on that one.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't know what the drop rate is now, it can take several to get one. Tybalt is easy to take on, there's a rez ankh just outside in the library if you have a problem. IIRC, there was a bug when Stygian Abyss first came out that made it a 100% drop. That got changed eventually but I know of one player who farmed them a ridiculous amount, so there should not be a serious shortage of them on Siege.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I remember the SA day 1 bug where every Tyball’s corpse had a shroud.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Vendor Search. These are the prices I found when the items were available.

- Mana Phase Orb w/ 15 DI: 225K
- Quiver of Infinity: 225K
- Shroud of the Condemned: 180K
- Crimson Cincuture: 2M

I know i will likely look for sellers in Gen Chat, but trying to get a sense of what is the going market. I need to buy a 120 Swords and +25 stat scroll first.