• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it just me or is Cult Item drop rate low?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get 4-8 on my tamer in tram.

How many sampires are doing the spawn?
The ones in my guild say they get 8-20 a spawn.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 9 this morning on my Archer. Yesterday during the same time I got 3. RNG is a fickle pancake.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, its fickle.
sometimes ill get 3.
sometimes ill get 13.
pancake RNG!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most days on my Tamer I get 1 to 2 per spawn ..... on seriously rare occasions I get 4 or 5... but most times it's 1.

I get 10x more on my thief doing the boxes... but then most days doing that I can spend 30 to 40 min walking around rarely finding chests and get nothing but trash... potions, bandages and lockpicks mostly... Other days a wealth of stuff but NONE of the "Relic"s ... I've only ever gotten the 1 relic and that was before the dungeon was fully turned on.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I actually got LESS when I used my free potion...and you get more from the actual spawn mobs then the random mobs that spawn elsewhere in the dungeon.

I get anywhere from 5-23 on my samp, RNG......but it evens itself out...though I have only gotten ONE bone armor piece :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never take my tamer until the black things are out. I get 1 drop from then to end. Im after costumes tho.

A melee toon with chiv and a WW weapon can kill 20 mobs on the first two levels in the time I can find two skeles that match my pets damage. They make a spiral and put all the mobs together and kill them in 10 seconds.

I use my macer with Chiv and a WW weapon. I get many more drops on him but I still can not get him to target when he is surrounded.

Archers also get drops very slow. Anyone killing one thing at a time gets fewer drops. Unless they are alone there.

Last spawn @Khyro and I did from start to finish we ended up with 32 total cult items, with no potion use

It is much higher than what we were getting from the sorc dungeon last year for the same time invested.
Dead shard or 3 am? There's always players there on LS.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I never take my tamer until the black things are out. I get 1 drop from then to end. Im after costumes tho.

A melee toon with chiv and a WW weapon can kill 20 mobs on the first two levels in the time I can find two skeles that match my pets damage. They make a spiral and put all the mobs together and kill them in 10 seconds.

I use my macer with Chiv and a WW weapon. I get many more drops on him but I still can not get him to target when he is surrounded.

Archers also get drops very slow. Anyone killing one thing at a time gets fewer drops. Unless they are alone there.
I take my Sampire to Khaldun, it's just easier. I have done it with my tamers as well just to see what it's like. Viscera will slow down a Sampire if you keep getting Nausea applied, but not too bad. The Shadow Fiends are just nasty no matter what you are on. Some Cultist archers, a small cluster of Shadow Fiends, and 1 leftover Viscera that happens to debuff you will end a Sampire really quick.

Dead shard or 3 am? There's always players there on LS.
It was later in the night, but not 3am. No one happened to be there, so we took advantage of it being empty. We avoid it during the prime hours, as there is usually 10-15+ people there easy and you will be lucky to get a few drops for your time when it's like that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one happened to be there, so we took advantage of it being empty. We avoid it during the prime hours, as there is usually 10-15+ people there easy and you will be lucky to get a few drops for your time when it's like that.
This is most likely what the OP is talking about. In Sorc Dungeon and Kotl you could get a decent amount of drops on any template. I used a Mystic or an archer bard in Kotl and got "lots" of drops.

Does this go to 3 levels? Ive been on at least 20 Boss kills. Probably many more...

upload_2018-10-18_19-27-3.png

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In Sorc Dungeon and Kotl you could get a decent amount of drops on any template. I used a Mystic or an archer bard in Kotl and got "lots" of drops.
Sorc dungeon was highly dependent upon which room it was on along with who else was doing the spawn and how efficient you were at clearing. 1 room in sorc dungeon to clear took the same or longer than 1 Khal champ spawn.

2 days into the spawn and I had multiple sets of armor complete and belts. I spent a bit more time in Sorc Dungeon getting the same amount. Wave 1 and 2 yielding the most drops.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I got two during the hour I used the potion and my husband got 3. Drops were a lot better in the Kotl dungeon without using a potion. I don't remember how many I got last year as I only went twice, but I'm pretty sure it was more than two! :(

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is most likely what the OP is talking about. In Sorc Dungeon and Kotl you could get a decent amount of drops on any template. I used a Mystic or an archer bard in Kotl and got "lots" of drops.

Does this go to 3 levels? Ive been on at least 20 Boss kills. Probably many more...

View attachment 88242
I got only 2 titles as well doing several champs a day.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I average 40 drops on one hour with my sampire while using the potion.
But that is on dead hours when no one is doing the spawn. The 1st wave of the spawn nets me 20 or so drops.
Drops become awfully rare at the third and fourth waves.

Imo, the captains and generals in the 4th wave should give 2 guaranteed drops much like the Minax captains in Blackthorn. They take forever to kill and you aren't getting drops during that time.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bealank, would you upload your weapons, pretty please with sugar on it?
or just their specs, that would be good.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treat the Khaldun Spawn like you would the Primevil Lich Spawn looking for duplicate deco. Work it up so far then let it revert a bit then continue. Depening on the people you can rake in a bunch of cult items.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Treat the Khaldun Spawn like you would the Primevil Lich Spawn looking for duplicate deco. Work it up so far then let it revert a bit then continue. Depening on the people you can rake in a bunch of cult items.
The problem is actually getting people to let it revert instead of keeping pushing it till the boss spawn so they get those useless costumes drops.
But I am only doing it once or twice per week, two hours tops, so eh. I am getting enough belts to cover my needs and will soon stop bothering with it altogether.

Bealank, would you upload your weapons, pretty please with sugar on it?
or just their specs, that would be good.
Sure. I don't use anything fancy there.
upload_2018-10-20_6-34-0.png upload_2018-10-20_6-34-32.png
They are made of regular iron and I cast consecrate weapon as I need.
Radiant scimitar warrants a nice swing speed even when you are slowed down by the 2nd level spawn.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know what you mean. After I got enough costumes to make some sets I stopped doing the spawn. I can get enough cult items out of the chests.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The problem is actually getting people to let it revert instead of keeping pushing it till the boss spawn so they get those useless costumes drops.
But I am only doing it once or twice per week, two hours tops, so eh. I am getting enough belts to cover my needs and will soon stop bothering with it altogether.

Sure. I don't use anything fancy there.
View attachment 88336 View attachment 88337
They are made of regular iron and I cast consecrate weapon as I need.
Radiant scimitar warrants a nice swing speed even when you are slowed down by the 2nd level spawn.
Double Axes not good in there? (WW and DS) Assuming your Stam is close to 200..

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Double Axes not good in there? (WW and DS) Assuming your Stam is close to 200..
The viscera can give you a -60% SSI debuff, so I prefer to be sure I will have some swing speed left rather than be dead because of getting a tiny bit more of damage per swing.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The viscera can give you a -60% SSI debuff, so I prefer to be sure I will have some swing speed left rather than be dead because of getting a tiny bit more of damage per swing.
Good job! How do you deal with mobs that are resistant to fire and sensitive to cold? Do you also have a Hit Cold Area Scimitar or you just use the CW from Chiv on those and just use these 2 weapons?
Thanks for info..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Smart idea Reef..So best is to work spawn level 1 and 2 then? When you see level 3 spawn then leave for a few mins rinse and repeat. How long does it take to revert? Like 10-15 mins?
Thanks

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Good job! How do you deal with mobs that are resistant to fire and sensitive to cold? Do you also have a Hit Cold Area Scimitar or you just use the CW from Chiv on those and just use these 2 weapons?
Thanks for info..
I have just those two weapons and cast consecrate weapon as needed. Reforging radiant scimitars till I got 100% elemental damage of each type would take too much time and too many resources for something of limited time and reward like this.
The hit fire area is just a small bonus damage that helps aggro stuff on me. It ends up doing only 2 damage on the skeletons, but it helps clear the area of bloods, visceras e those shadow things quicker.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, do note that viscera's acid slimy pool eats away equipment.
The devs went the extra mile to make this event as unenjoyable as possible.

Edit: 40 artifacts more and I get to stop bothering with this forever. That is enough to claim the 2 belts more I want. Good.

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Edit: 40 artifacts more and I get to stop bothering with this forever. That is enough to claim the 2 belts more I want. Good.

I love when you get wound up, but with good reason I guess. :)

My experience this morning, is I did 3 hours in Khaldun Felucca, and got ZERO cult item drops...
About 1 hour on rogue, 2 hours on scribe mage.
That's it, I'm out for sure, I was anyway, I'm away for 7 days abroad on holiday now. :cool:

My experience of this, is they started extremely well, they seemed to have content for many of the different classes of play, and they had some nice little things to find in there.

The Rogue stuff started extremely well, I was getting 1 cult item per 10 chests - that actually seemed a fair ratio.
Then it went down to 1 in 20, then nothing...
I did like the Scrappers Ingredients in the hidden chests, overall, although probably not meant to be, this was the biggest win for me.
I never found a Relic... I don't get this. I've put so much time in. Nevermind, they were a cool reward, I'm not a deco kind of guy, but I did like those designs.
My rogue is now out.

The Mage stuff started ok also.
In Trammel, I was getting 1-2 cult items per spawn on my spellweaving mage, whilst Sampires got say 6.
Then I was getting zero - whilst my fellow Sampires were getting say 8 - no problem - I don't like Trammel anyway, I went back to Felucca where I do 99% of my hunting.
I was getting 1 cult drop every 5 minutes on average, killing normal mobs in Felucca Khaldun with a Scribe Mage. Again, this seemed like a fair ratio.
Then it went down and down, now today, I've done 2 hours, with zero drop.
My mage is now out.

I did get 2 first aid belts, I'm happy enough, thank god I got in early at the start of the event, before they screwed it all up.
I would have liked to get some boots, a couple of spellbooks maybe, and something for a mate of mine, but I can't face anymore of this now.

It seems a massive shame, this has all become about the Sampires in Trammel again.
You may all wonder why I hate that playstyle, because ultimately, it's all they ever cater to.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
In the end, I totally agree with you.
Sampires is all they cater for, specially in events like this.
There is no reason to bring a mage or a tamer there. You will get a pathetic amount of drops.

Edit: I also don't get their fear and terror about giving people rewards. Why the heck did they lower the drop rate?
People would buy those potions way more if the drop rate was kept normal and the potion doubled or tripled it.
We want to have fun. Getting rewards is fun. People like me are okay with paying to get rewards at a faster rate than normal, if the normal rate is good enough.
Seems pretty simple and straight forward math for me. But they fail to get it.

Last edited:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So today I decided to do 1 spawn in Tram and 1 in Fel with 2 other people. I play an Necro/Spellweaver and they were on Samps. Throughout the entire Tram spawn I ended up with 6 cult items. In Fel, 11. Total the 3 of us received 37 out of both spawns. The drop rate decreased quite a bit from when the patch went live in September. Just doing Hidden Chests I would get about 20 per run through. I had 4 masks within a week. I agree it was too high then but dropping it as low as they did just to sell Potions is a SCAM and against their very own TOS. Honestly if they are going to continue to do shady stuff like this, they mise well end the game.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I assume the long sword is mostly for the 1x1 mobs, and possibly the boss for the double strike? Also it would add a little cold damage (hit harm) for cold-sensitive mobs? Would it be better to add something like hit Lowe defense?
Thanks for posting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So today I decided to do 1 spawn in Tram and 1 in Fel with 2 other people. I play an Necro/Spellweaver and they were on Samps. Throughout the entire Tram spawn I ended up with 6 cult items. In Fel, 11. Total the 3 of us received 37 out of both spawns. The drop rate decreased quite a bit from when the patch went live in September. Just doing Hidden Chests I would get about 20 per run through. I had 4 masks within a week. I agree it was too high then but dropping it as low as they did just to sell Potions is a SCAM and against their very own TOS. Honestly if they are going to continue to do shady stuff like this, they mise well end the game.
Doing the champ on a Tamer I average 1 to 4 drops a spawn depending on how many people are there doing it with me... on my thief, I get 5 to 6 in an hour or two if I find plenty of chests.
However of late it seems I can walk a longer and longer time before finding any chests... Also Chests are spawning in the "hidden" tunnel to the first switch... NO amount of detect hidden seems to reveal these chests at all... and they NEVER despawn and move... so eventually ALL chests will be in that tunnel and no chests will ever spawn anywhere in the dungeon.... there are at least 2 in there now and no telling how many more might be in there.... But since that area works much like the Britain sewers you can't detect where you are standing... I've tried revealing them spending a good 1/2 hour detecting every square in there the one I'm standing on and all the tiles around me 3 or 4 times... to no avail... not sure how to reveal these chests in there and it seems frustrating....

I wish the chests would respawn in new locations every server up... this would eliminate this problem. But since they NEVER despawn until they are picked and such I'm fairly certain that eventually all the chests will be in that area and never be able to be found. Either they need to make sure chests don't/can't spawn there or they need to put some timer on chests so they move after a day of not being "found"...

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
To find them use cc and uoassist and use target self macro. Have to stand on top of them for it to work but it does. Didnt understand why I couldnt find them myself one day but then I realised it was the uoassist macro that made me find them.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I assume the long sword is mostly for the 1x1 mobs, and possibly the boss for the double strike? Also it would add a little cold damage (hit harm) for cold-sensitive mobs? Would it be better to add something like hit Lowe defense?
Thanks for posting.
I have hit lower defence on my helmet which tends to be enough for my needs.
I added hit harm just in case any of the mobs there worked like the Minax Captains at Blackthorn. If it was the case, I would get max damage when hit harm triggers.
Sadly, it is not the case.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are all the extra reward items from Khal Ankur antiqued?
Antiqued = pancaked

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been saving the weird boss drops. I didn't think that it was supposed to spawn loot with more than one negative property. I will most likely end up unraveling them for relic frags. I've been taking my Samp Archer there using the Magical Shortbow for the chained lightning and using momentum strike when 2 or more creatures are on me. The bow also has hit poison area. I have to say that the Shadow Fiends SUCK for ranged templates, since I only do 4 damage on them when they're more than 1 tile away which has gotten me killed quite often since their reflect damage or AOE or w/ever they do can do some heavy damage. I've gotten over 250 drops so far (some from my thief) and quite a lot of the costumes. When I'm alone I keep it at 4 candles and can easily get 10-20 drops in an hour. My friends use Sampires and switch to tamers when it gets to level 4 and for the boss, I just stay on my Archer since I can avoid that burst of damage he does. While I think they went a little overboard on making this years event complicated, it wasn't as bad as I first thought and I have been enjoying it. There's also the plus of getting lots of my bones from the cemeteries after doing a round or two of the spawn ;)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been saving the weird boss drops. I didn't think that it was supposed to spawn loot with more than one negative property. I will most likely end up unraveling them for relic frags. I've been taking my Samp Archer there using the Magical Shortbow for the chained lightning and using momentum strike when 2 or more creatures are on me. The bow also has hit poison area. I have to say that the Shadow Fiends SUCK for ranged templates, since I only do 4 damage on them when they're more than 1 tile away which has gotten me killed quite often since their reflect damage or AOE or w/ever they do can do some heavy damage. I've gotten over 250 drops so far (some from my thief) and quite a lot of the costumes. When I'm alone I keep it at 4 candles and can easily get 10-20 drops in an hour. My friends use Sampires and switch to tamers when it gets to level 4 and for the boss, I just stay on my Archer since I can avoid that burst of damage he does. While I think they went a little overboard on making this years event complicated, it wasn't as bad as I first thought and I have been enjoying it. There's also the plus of getting lots of my bones from the cemeteries after doing a round or two of the spawn ;)
The Shadow Fiends are pretty much Tentacles of the Harrower that can move about. Whence, they do damage area damage to those who are close to them and take negligible damage from ranged.
Top it with the teleporting archer cultists and you have "fun for the whole family".
As I said earlier, the devs went the extra mile to make this annoying and unenjoyable.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the end, I totally agree with you.
Sampires is all they cater for, specially in events like this.
There is no reason to bring a mage or a tamer there. You will get a pathetic amount of drops.

Edit: I also don't get their fear and terror about giving people rewards. Why the heck did they lower the drop rate?
People would buy those potions way more if the drop rate was kept normal and the potion doubled or tripled it.
We want to have fun. Getting rewards is fun. People like me are okay with paying to get rewards at a faster rate than normal, if the normal rate is good enough.
Seems pretty simple and straight forward math for me. But they fail to get it.
Yep, I tried doing it with a tamer for about a week, but then switched to a Samp. The difference in getting drops is about an order of magnitude (and this was with a pretty good AoE pet).

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was there today 1 hr got 1 drop then spent money got the new potion when it ran out had 2 drops so the potion did double my drops if that matters.

Wont be buying anything from the store again unless its a soul stone. But then i can go get it cheaper somewhere else.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The drop rate for a tamer is ok if you do it when no one else is on running the spawn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When no one else is running the spawn the drop rate is OK for any viable template :)
Exactly I wish it was balanced more with it increasing with the number of people there...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Was there today 1 hr got 1 drop then spent money got the new potion when it ran out had 2 drops so the potion did double my drops if that matters.

Wont be buying anything from the store again unless its a soul stone. But then i can go get it cheaper somewhere else.
So I was right to decide to keep my potion as a deco and not even use it! This really sucks..

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I was right to decide to keep my potion as a deco and not even use it! This really sucks..
I kept mine for deco as well. Just used one from the store. Was hopeing to end my hunt for cult items. Only need 5 gargoyle ones.

Want to start doing the other Halloween stuff. But then i have done over 1000 chests and not one relic.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I added hit harm just in case any of the mobs there worked like the Minax Captains at Blackthorn. If it was the case, I would get max damage when hit harm triggers.
Sadly, it is not the case.
What does hit harm do for you in Blackthorn's Dungeon vs the captains?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I should hopefully get the last 40 drops I need this weekend and then sell the last potion I bought from the store.
This event manages to be less fun than fighting the nightmare fairy. The devs outdid themselves. Well done... except not. This event is the opposite of fun.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When hit harm or hit lightning triggers against the Minax captains, it adds 100% damage multiplier to your damage. So with EoO, consecrate weapon and swords mastery you reach the 300% max multiplier when it triggers against them.
That's some interesting mechanics. I guess I need to re-make my weapons.