• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client - Resoultion help!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I am going to post here as I'm sure there is more coverage here then my ask for help on the official forum.

Is there anyway to adjust the resolution with the windowed session of the enhanced client.?!

I've been happily playing the EC on my 4k screen with the resolution scaled in window mode without any issues. Last night I accidently hit a hot key that put me in full screen mode, I immediately cancelled it and now I cannot get the settings correct in windowed mode and can hardly read item stats etc.

I have used the UI scale option to enlarge as much as possible however this doesn't work for the journal or the item stats.

I have uninstalled and cleared all preferences but to no avail, any help or ideas would be amazing.
No other application on my laptop has this problem and scales accordingly, this includes the classic client.

Currently UO is unplayable in this state.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you tried left-cntr R to reload the interface?

Assuming your resolution in User Settings / Graphics Tab/ Fullscreen resolution is set how you want.

And that in User Settings/ Options Tab/ your UI scale is at 100% or how you want.

Your journal (chat box) fonts can be enlarged by right clicking on the system or other tab at the top and selecting font, and you can drag small arrow to adjust the size of the chat journal with the small arrow on the bottom right hand corner

You can change your generic gump scale in the User Settings / Options tab/ Generic Gump Scale

Are you using EC default or EC with Pinco?

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, I have all the gumps are on full scale. I'd forgotten about the text size. It still looks different, although perhaps I am just going mad! Im using vanilla EC, I've tried with Pinco's just in case.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, its just not right, windowed is running at 3000x2000 If I put it on full screen mode at 1920x1080 its perfect. I'm 99.9% sure I had it running in windowed mode at 1920x1080

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There is a file -

C:\Users\(username)\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\UserSettings.xml

that controls the display settings directly. You can either edit it with Notepad, but it's easier just to delete it (it will be automatically recreated) and it will reset the EC back to default video. You may have better luck adjusting the video settings that way.

That's what I do when swapping between an external screen and my Surface Pro screen. Sometimes I can't seem to get it right again, so I just delete that file.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completed a full removal and reinstall trying to fix it. I’ve even tried editing that file in notepad. Ive been cursed I tell thee!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Classy.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online Support.

We are sorry to hear of the reported issues. You should be able to correct the issue by hitting ESC, going to User Settings, and then you can adjust as desired under "Display".

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require any assistance.

Best regards,

Ultima Online Support
Broadsword Online Games