• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Siege Perilous Museum of Marvelous Jewelry has moved!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear fellow Siegeians!

I just wanted to announce that the SP-Museum of jewelry has moved from Safe Haven to New Magincia, where it now can be accessed within guardzone and just a short trip away from the moongate. After 3 years and over 4000 (!) visits (1 char per account), I hope I can give back the community something for its great support. Thank you for letting me be a part of your great community! It was and is a honor!

Let me repeat an older statement first: Aim of the museum is to collect and display all kinds of rings, bracelets and necklaces from all periods and sources of UO. Given that Siege has a smaller market and a different EM program, the collection may be uniquely different - but it is intended to get all those items, which also exist on other shards. And I think, there is no other museum like this and no better place for this, than Siege. Together, we collected about 80 (!) exhibits within the last 3 years! You are fantastic!

The collection iself strongly relies on community support since it is not possible to farm all the items alone. Hence, many players - over 20 individuals - have donated exhibits, of which some are quite rare and expensive on Siege Perilous. As a token of appreciation, the museum has a Gallery of Distinguished Museum Donors (Statuettes with all names of donors) and the museum guide-books explain the items themselves as well as who donated them.

Here is a full list of the collection (November 2018):

As you can see, some items are still missing, either because they are items from past events or they are hard to acquire, because nobody farms them or they have a terrible droprate. All other items are already available! Thanks to the fantastic community of Siege Perilous and years of research and investment.

And this is, how the museum looks like - since today it can be visited again. The inspirations came from my journeys to France and Britain and some books about romanesque and gothic architecture from the 12.-15th century.

Please note, that I will have some more work to do in the courtyard.

You are all cordially invited to visit the Siege Perilous Museum of Marvelous Jewelry! This is a museum from you and for you all!

Yours,

Dr. Alzheimer

Last edited:

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hellos!

I love this museum! I spent some time hanging out at your museum today. I took a quick look to see what you might be missing.

I might have some goodies you are missing.

1. Necklace of Diligence
2. Novo Bleue
3. Etoile Bleue
4. necklace, rounded version (rubble, 61 stones)
*you currently have the beaded version*
5. earring (rubble, 28 stones)

Also, your list you said "Earring of Protection", but did not detail which elements you currently have.

I might have more stuff... Just need to go through all my containers.

Once again, love the museum! :heart:

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Lady Raja!

Your contribution would be most welcome! The Novo-Set I got (aka Luck Set). All other items would be warmly welcome in my museum and you would - of course - get your own statue with your name ;-)

Thanks alot and keep me informed! :)

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wonderful!

I will be happy to donate to your museum. I know they will be in good hands.

Plus it has been selfish of me all these years holding onto items only I can enjoy. :oops:

Please have your stonemason ready for I would require a statue that is pink in color... :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is great news. If it is possible to dye the statuettes, I will gladly make you a pink one. :)

And contact me, as soon as you are ready!

Thank you very much!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tanager, you are right! I will add the moonstone jewelry and I will join you poking the pixie. We could also poke some gypsies. ;-)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that uoguide page actually says at the bottom that currently Fezzik the Ogre Cook is the only monster that drops them...

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would challenge the 1:1000 drop ratio.

I use to hunt Fezzik everyday before I took a break.

If you super lucky and come across a blue gypsy camp.... but those have not spawned in ages...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont have a crafter, unfortunately. And by the way, I need about 30 stone pavers :gee:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, that is already on a display. If its missing on the list, its just my error. Sorry!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of the 80+ Items in the museum, about the half has been donated, the rest bought, traded, farmed by myself.

Here is the "Gallery of Distinguished Museum Donors"

- enlisted are players that fully or partially donated pieces without taking gold or items in return for their donations -

Az
Baby Doll
Calaman
CharGar
Creeger
Fogsbane
Garth Grey
Hoffs
Holden Caulfield
Igg A Pie
Kimi Mori
Lady Raja
Leawyn II
Leprechaun
Magichands
Malloc
Mister Sinister
Natalia
Pancho
Pinkerton
Reuggan
Ru
Sargatanza
Sir AJ
Talia
Tanager
Victim

Aside from donations to the collection itself, there was a multitude of helpers either helping me with getting a plot in the right place, donating furniture or equipment, with their benevolent behavior at auctions or financial help. Among these were Becca, Freja, Hoffs, Leawyn II, Sam, Sara Dale, Sarah, Torin and Victim.

If I forgot to mention anybody, please forgive me! This is and has been a true community project and it would be nothing without you!

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One little thing: the museum guide-books werent "public" so that nobody could read the catalogue. Fixed! And the list of exhibits has been updated!