• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would you buy PS and or gold from UO store

Would you buy PS and or Gold from UO store

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yes i know what the Dev have said
yes i know some think this is pay to win
we've all debated the pros and cons
but if you could...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly this is how they should have implemented a F2P model.

Have items in game that take time/effort to obtain - sell said items for reasonable cash. What level of time does it take to get a 120 wrestle scroll? 5-10 spawns at least? Thats 5-10 hours solo work. Sell for $10 ($1 per hour). Some people would pay - others can obtain for free.

With shard shields - xfer tokens are overpriced - $10 each max.

The whole UO store needs a reboot in terms of what they are selling and for what prices. Some of the deco items are crazy expensive. Very few people would fork over that kind of coin for items that don't help in game.

Soulstone - $10 Soulstone loaded with 100 skill of your choice $15. Soulstone loaded with 120 skill of your choice $20. They would sell a TON of these.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They just need to implement what most other MMO's have implemented -- a currency conversion system that allows players to dictate the price of gold by allowing players to sell Sovereigns to other players for in-game gold.

I've played many games that have this type of system: Guild Wars 2, Rift, and Wildstar for example, and I'm sure others out there do it. I think even WoW has a system that allows players to sell game-time tokens for in-game currency. It is essentially this:
  1. Player Buys Sovereigns
  2. Player goes to "Currency Broker" in game
  3. Player looks at current gold offers per sovereign that are out there
  4. If player likes the current offers, they can immediately "sell" the Sovereign for gold
    1. The seller(s) will then get the sovereign added to their account
    2. The buyer will get the gold added to their account
  5. If the player does not like the current gold offers per sovereign, they can instead list them for a different amount and wait for a buyer
This model works extremely well in other games, as it allows players to control the economy. If the players want 5000 Sovereigns to be worth 500 million gold, then they can set that price. If they want 5000 Sovereigns to be worth 2 plat, they can do that too. This would force gold seller sites to lower their prices to remain competitive, or drive them out of business by taking their power away.

If the above Broker system is too difficult to implement or too confusing, there are much simpler ways to do it that other games have done as well:
  1. You buy Sovereigns
  2. You then "Deed" the Sovereigns you want to sell
  3. You can now sell the Sovereigns Deed on Vendors, Auction Safes, or in General chat to others.
Not quite as seamless and efficient as the Currency Broker, and if there are still duping methods out there, you run the risk of the deeds being duped, but still allows players to control the price of gold and not 3rd party sites/sellers.

The question becomes though -- is it too late for UO to implement this system? Is the economy so over-saturated with gold that those with deep pockets would buy up all the sovereigns they could and drive the prices down? Maybe. That is why they need some kind of gold-sink to remove gold from the economy. Shiny one-of-a-kind deco rares that the certain personality type would spend 10p+ on just to say they are the only one in the game with this item.

If we could eliminate the 3rd party sites by not making it worth their time and put the power back into the players hands via a currency broker, it would drive a lot more sales of sovereigns to the Origin store. Maybe, just maybe, if enough people were buying more from the Origin store for UO, EA would see the potential UO has still and maybe Broadsword could get a bigger budget to expand the team (wishful thinking, but you never know).

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They just need to implement what most other MMO's have implemented -- a currency conversion system that allows players to dictate the price of gold by allowing players to sell Sovereigns to other players for in-game gold.

I've played many games that have this type of system: Guild Wars 2, Rift, and Wildstar for example, and I'm sure others out there do it. I think even WoW has a system that allows players to sell game-time tokens for in-game currency. It is essentially this:
  4. If player likes the current offers, they can immediately "sell" the Sovereign for gold
  5. If the player does not like the current gold offers per sovereign, they can instead list them for a different amount and wait for a buyer
This model works extremely well in other games, as it allows players to control the economy. If the players want 5000 Sovereigns to be worth 500 million gold, then they can set that price. If they want 5000 Sovereigns to be worth 2 plat, they can do that too. This would force gold seller sites to lower their prices to remain competitive, or drive them out of business by taking their power away.

If the above Broker system is too difficult to implement or too confusing, there are much simpler ways to do it that other games have done as well:
  1. You buy Sovereigns
  3. You can now sell the Sovereigns Deed on Vendors, Auction Safes, or in General chat to others.
Not quite as seamless and efficient as the Currency Broker, and if there are still duping methods out there, you run the risk of the deeds being duped, but still allows players to control the price of gold and not 3rd party sites/sellers.

The question becomes though -- is it too late for UO to implement this system? Is the economy so over-saturated with gold that those with deep pockets would buy up all the sovereigns they could and drive the prices down? Maybe. That is why they need some kind of gold-sink to remove gold from the economy. Shiny one-of-a-kind deco rares that the certain personality type would spend 10p+ on just to say they are the only one in the game with this item.

If we could eliminate the 3rd party sites by not making it worth their time and put the power back into the players hands via a currency broker, it would drive a lot more sales of sovereigns to the Origin store. Maybe, just maybe, if enough people were buying more from the Origin store for UO, EA would see the potential UO has still and maybe Broadsword could get a bigger budget to expand the team (wishful thinking, but you never know).
Ya the WoW system works quite well.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Selling powerscrolls through the shop would ruin an entire playstyle (scroll farmers) and the last reason to go to felucca would be gone.
This should never be implemented. Especially not on Siege Perilous.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

1. You buy Sovereigns

While there is no broker in UO for this kind of transaction you can already do this. I have bought many store items and upgrade codes for gold - on Siege some people like to do this to raise starting funds. With the codes there is obviously a risk involved which is why I would recommend to only do this with people you can trust. I have not had a single bad experience with this yet though.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The OP did ask for opinions so here's my $.02

No, I wouldn't buy these items from the UO Store. I enjoy actually playing a game for items. I know this is not a popular concept.
I'm not a fan of mini-transactions, pay to win, or in general any short cuts for acquisition of items that can be earned ingame.

A large portion of my gaming enjoyment comes from getting my first drop (or subsequent drops) of hard to earn items.
It's thrilling to see that Slither, Tinker Legs, or Tangle pop into my pack each & every time. It's a gamer's rush.
Most gamers want items immediately upon starting without having to put in any time or effort, hence the RMT sites.

I believe this lessens the gaming experience, shortens the desire to keep playing, & devalues items on many levels.
I have quit playing many games once mini transactions were introduced. I see no point in playing most games
when I can purchase highly desired items for cash instead of playing the game.

This is probably hard to understand esp. by those who will be posting in this thread but it is my opinion.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

No, I wouldn't buy these items from the UO Store. I enjoy actually playing a game for items. I know this is not a popular concept.
I'm not a fan of mini-transactions, pay to win, or in general any short cuts for acquisition of items that can be earned ingame.

A large portion of my gaming enjoyment comes from getting my first drop (or subsequent drops) of hard to earn items.
It's thrilling to see that Slither, Tinker Legs, or Tangle pop into my pack each & every time. It's a gamer's rush.
Most gamers want items immediately upon starting without having to put in any time or effort, hence the RMT sites.

I believe this lessens the gaming experience, shortens the desire to keep playing, & devalues items on many levels.
I have quit playing many games once mini transactions were introduced. I see no point in playing most games

This is probably hard to understand esp. by those who will be posting in this thread but it is my opinion.
I agree, some weeks I only have 30min to play, and I still wouldn't buy PS's from the store. I think gold selling by the game store would have negative effects on the already iffy economy. I'm fine with them adding gametime tokens like WoW.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't really want to debate this just was curious about what people would do. the fact that Avatar spams his site 24/7 shows me that EA/BS do not want to stop third party sales for whatever reason why they would choose to not undercut these sites and get their share of the money is a mystery to me
and to suggest this would kill PS farming is just untrue you have been able to buy PS for years from 3rd parties sites ....

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

That is the same thing I enjoy about the game - acquiring things. However, there are aspects of the game that are NOT fun. Think of the tamer that wants to fight with their pets. They don't necessarily want to do champ spawns to build their pet. There is a value to a powerscroll that is held in either the effort to acquire it or monetary cost (buy in the store). The playstyle of acquiring them is not devalued by selling it in the UO store as long as the price is reasonable for the effort. Its one thing to play on Atlantic where everything is for sale - but go over to say Legends and do a vendor search for ANYTING. I don't even know if there is a single alacrity scroll available for any skill on a vendor.

Some people want to play the part of the game they enjoy and not have to do other parts they don't. When there aren't enough players to supply those items - where do they get them from? They either are forced to do it themselves or they quit.

I play many shards. Thankfully I have shard shields so I can port over from GL the things I need on other shards. It is a tough life living on a near dead shard. If people want to fork over $5 or $10 to get an item they dont want to spend the time to acquire - it is NOT anything hurting the playerbase. It is the same advantage anyone else can get only they are trading their time for money.

F2P games are best if the items sold are time based power ups. The one thing you want to avoid is real money for items you can't obtain in game that give you an advantage.

Powerscrolls sold for $ or skills sold for money don't do anyting but save people time in exchange for money. You can get the same 120 scrolls and skills by doing it manually.

I can tell you as I build my 8th tamer - it sucks. I am not getting enjoyment with taming polar bears. It makes me want to quit the game. I'd gladly pay $10 to get my full taming and move on to doing tmaps with my tamer/thunter instead. Thats fun. Not taming 6,000 polar bears from 50 to 80. Bruh.

This is half of what scriptiong is used for - building skills that are not FUN. Replace the scripting with $$ for our game and dev team. Seems like a win.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I'm passed the point of buying extras for a game (except deadfrontier which oddly I don't mind spending money on). I would however have no issue with UO offering it. Cat's already out of the bag, might as well benefit from it.

redman2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah. I can get PS from spawns. Gold would probably break the economy even more. I'd rather they fill the store with unique items that don't break the game horribly or deco items. They could probably throw all the vet rewards in there with no limitation on usage. I forget if there are limitations, I just assume there are for some items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why they would choose to not undercut these sites and get their share of the money is a mystery to me
Because it could just devalue everything and completely ruin the game? You don't fix a fire by pouring gasoline on it.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think of the tamer that wants to fight with their pets. They don't necessarily want to do champ spawns to build their pet.
They want to fight with their pets, or build their pets as they like them? Two different things. People want perfect pets, but you don't need perfect pets (far from it in fact) to have completely functional pets. If people actually did the math they would realize it's in no way worth spending the billions for a 120 scroll because the effect is tiny. Outside of chiv and discord (because magic sucks on pets, so why bother) 110 is just fine, hell, 100 is just fine.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They want to fight with their pets, or build their pets as they like them? Two different things. People want perfect pets, but you don't need perfect pets (far from it in fact) to have completely functional pets. If people actually did the math they would realize it's in no way worth spending the billions for a 120 scroll because the effect is tiny. Outside of chiv and discord (because magic sucks on pets, so why bother) 110 is just fine, hell, 100 is just fine.
You missed the point. Go reread. How do you get a 110 scroll? Go to Balhea and see how many scrolls are available. Anywhere.

I'll help you.

Balhea - 110 scrolls for sale via vendor search - 5. Grand total of 5.
Arirang - 110 scrolls for sale via vendor search - 2. Grand total of 2.

The point is who does it hurt if they sell scrolls for $$? No one is selling them as it is for gold even.

And back to my original point - sell them for a reasonable cost and it still holds the gold value in game.

Assume 120 Tactics is 50m gold. Assume gold is sold at .10 a million. Thats $5.

What is different about someone logging in and buying $5 worth of soverigns and getting a 120 scroll or someone buying 50m of gold for $5 and using to buy the scroll? The market value of the scroll in game is still 50m gold. The difference is the gold selling site gets the money vs UO/EA/BS.

Don't we want more money going into the game? Either way someone got the scroll for real life $$. That is the freaking point.

Either way the value of scroll in gold is the same because no one would pay say $50 for a scroll that they could get with $5 of gold. They key is the UO store needs to price scrolls accordinly and the market is fine. Its not like PS are really a limited item. There are hundreds of champs sitting idle all day long. I spend half my gametime soloing them. I know.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think there should be an NPC at every bank and you just ask him for what you want and he just gives it to you. That would solve everyone's problems. Right?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't buy either personally, it's easy enough to get through actual gameplay for me so there's no need to. I think selling powerscrolls could be a good idea overall so new players can catch up more quickly to veteran players, but it would also make champion spawns mostly pointless. Selling gold is a horrible idea for any game though - it immediately invalidates every aspect of the gameplay when you can just throw real money at anything and removes all the value of in-game accomplishments by putting a price tag on them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You missed the point. Go reread. How do you get a 110 scroll? Go to Balhea and see how many scrolls are available. Anywhere.

I'll help you.

Balhea - 110 scrolls for sale via vendor search - 5. Grand total of 5.
Arirang - 110 scrolls for sale via vendor search - 2. Grand total of 2.

The point is who does it hurt if they sell scrolls for $$? No one is selling them as it is for gold even.

And back to my original point - sell them for a reasonable cost and it still holds the gold value in game.

Assume 120 Tactics is 50m gold. Assume gold is sold at .10 a million. Thats $5.

What is different about someone logging in and buying $5 worth of soverigns and getting a 120 scroll or someone buying 50m of gold for $5 and using to buy the scroll? The market value of the scroll in game is still 50m gold. The difference is the gold selling site gets the money vs UO/EA/BS.

Don't we want more money going into the game? Either way someone got the scroll for real life $$. That is the freaking point.

Either way the value of scroll in gold is the same because no one would pay say $50 for a scroll that they could get with $5 of gold. They key is the UO store needs to price scrolls accordinly and the market is fine. Its not like PS are really a limited item. There are hundreds of champs sitting idle all day long. I spend half my gametime soloing them. I know.
If you don't wanna get your own scrolls (are there even pks on these dead shards?), just go with unscrolled pets like I said, they work just fine. Also vendors aren't the only source of scrolls potentially for sale. Network around, see if you can find some people doing spawns, and work something out with them. Check chat, as well.

What you seem to miss about "someone in real life got the money" is that they also got the item from the game. Unlike sellers if they sold them directly there would be nothing stopping this influx of scrolls/gold/whatever. It could very easily crash the scroll market, one of the few specific things that's actually worth selling.

Skills, I almost agree. The game has been designed strictly for fully skilled characters for over a decade. Skill gain in an outdated part of game play. Rather than cut out, you know, the game play, by selling things for cash, I would just increase the rate of skill gain dramatically.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't buy either personally, it's easy enough to get through actual gameplay for me so there's no need to. I think selling powerscrolls could be a good idea overall so new players can catch up more quickly to veteran players, but it would also make champion spawns mostly pointless. Selling gold is a horrible idea for any game though - it immediately invalidates every aspect of the gameplay when you can just throw real money at anything and removes all the value of in-game accomplishments by putting a price tag on them.
I honestly think selling anything is a terrible idea. Once something that requires time and effort to get in game is sold on the store it's in game value will drop, potentially precipitously. I mean these are the things we set goals for in game. If you just sell them, then really what is the point. Get your perfect character for 200 bucks and go sit at the bank waiting for the next EM event?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I honestly think selling anything is a terrible idea. Once something that requires time and effort to get in game is sold on the store it's in game value will drop, potentially precipitously. I mean these are the things we set goals for in game. If you just sell them, then really what is the point. Get your perfect character for 200 bucks and go sit at the bank waiting for the next EM event?
do you not see that you have been able to buy all these things for years and years it has not affect UO in the least PS farming hasn't slowed a bit (now the fact that 90% of PS farmed on dead shards goes to ATL that is a issue )

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I would buy powerscrolls. Its such a slippery slope though half the point of UO, at least to me is working towards a goal. When you take that away many people lose interest. UO is the only online game i play are these 3rd party sites the norm?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I would buy powerscrolls. Its such a slippery slope though half the point of UO, at least to me is working towards a goal. When you take that away many people lose interest. UO is the only online game i play are these 3rd party sites the norm?
Yes pretty much every game has 3d party sales. Some games strictly forbid it and will take legal action against companies selling in game items. Some openly allow it. UO used to be much stricter, but I'm guessing the budget can't support losing it. That's why people are debating so much on here. UOs attitudes have changed, and some people despise it. I personally don't really mind/care about 3d party sites, it's the duping that supports them that gets me. I would much rather have BS collect all the money and improve the game. But how to achieve this is a complicated subject that no one has the exact answer to yet.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you not see that you have been able to buy all these things for years and years it has not affect UO in the least PS farming hasn't slowed a bit (now the fact that 90% of PS farmed on dead shards goes to ATL that is a issue )
But they still have to come from the game. Someone has to go do game content and then sell them (assuming they are not all duped, which I think is a safe assumption) an there's only so many that can be created in a day, and they are random. Not only is the influx control in that manner, but it also... you know, gives us stuff to do in game.
Selling, especially selling specific scrolls would be a constant faucet that will lessen the need for people to play the game to get what they want. Value drops, champs spawns lose appeal. Selling just scrolls would be terrible, but selling everything? That's just crazy.

I honestly don't give a rats ass if people sell items for rl cash, so long as the items were acquired via regular gameplay. Why does it matter to me or anyone else? Unless you are pvping there is no competition in UO, so if somebody wants to sell the items they either farmed or traded for to someone who is unable/unwilling to do the likewise themselves, whatever really. The items are in the system, from the system, shuffling them around whether or not money is involve isn't really affecting anything in a negative way.

If they were duped, yes it needs to be addressed for the same reasons that straight up selling items in the store hurts the game, because make no mistake selling items is in effect just legal duping, and being legal will undoubtedly bring in more customers. It could very easily destroy UO's economy, and not like people complain about it being bad now because of inflation, but actually destroy it, like no items have value worth the effort of attaining them destroy it. That could very easily end the game.

Sorry it's a terrible idea.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course people would buy them. People would buy anything you could sell, because people are short sighted. They want what they want when they want it, and sometimes fail to see that the process of getting those items though your effort is the whole game. Speaking generally, not about you specifically.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes pretty much every game has 3d party sales. Some games strictly forbid it and will take legal action against companies selling in game items. Some openly allow it. UO used to be much stricter, but I'm guessing the budget can't support losing it. That's why people are debating so much on here. UOs attitudes have changed, and some people despise it. I personally don't really mind/care about 3d party sites, it's the duping that supports them that gets me. I would much rather have BS collect all the money and improve the game. But how to achieve this is a complicated subject that no one has the exact answer to yet.

Yes, if there's a lot of duped stuff being sold that warrants being dealt with somehow. That actually damages the game. Though dealing with it is not cutting out the middleman and having BS dupe the items instead of cheating players. It would just be a worse form of duping because there would be no one trying to curtail it, and no would offer no risk to the consumer.

Selling things that were legally obtained doesn't hurt anyone. It's no different than someone farming scrolls and simply giving them away, in terms of in game effect.

Blargety

Journeyman
I’d prefer it if we stayed as far away from the freemium model as humanely possible. Before you know it, we’ll accidentally talk ourselves into an energy based system that limits what we can and can’t do in Ultima Online.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Players" who sell gold, and other items should be banned. Instead of being able to hide behind "titles" like "Rares Collector", "Broker", "Idocer" and "Realtor", they should have all their accounts closed. END OF STORY! @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix When are y'all going to ban these people? Y'all KNOW who they are.

I actually sent @Mesanna PROOF of at least 3 people who buy/sell for RMT's, one of which who insinuated (but I am sure is not true) that EA/BS KNOWS he does it. But yet they are still running around in game.

DISCLAIMER: The "titles" above were completely fabricated, and not meant to represent ACTUAL players! :D

PS, if this post offended you, or if you buy or sell from these people using "REAL MONEY" then you MIGHT be part of the problem, not the solution. Think about it. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't there a thread on just this just few days back?

Notion that players could generate gold out of thin air by buying it directly from EA is terrible.

Besides and beyond that, one could argue UO's cash shop has always been pay to win. One would buy some high demand token or item from there for RL cash, sell it on vendor for UO money, buy a nice sword and go winning UO! Its close enough to pay to win to count as such in my books.

I'd like to see them do what WoW did; make it possible to buy a tradeable 30 day subscription token for 20 Euros from the item shop. People with too little UO gold would buy these tokens for Euros. People with too much UO gold would spend their UO gold for buying the said tokens. No gold gets generated to game out of thin air..but what already is out there gets redistributed bit more evenly. And Broadsword generates bit more cash for EA. Everybody wins!

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Guild Wars 2 is cosmetic.

Rift is bleeding subs and wildstar is closing. Terrible examples.
Every MMO is bleeding subs. That's the nature of MMO's these days. People jump on board when it's new and shiny, then leave for the next shiny thing. You do know which game we are currently playing right? Rift isn't bleeding subs because of the way they handle currency conversion. The examples given were how a currency exchange system could be implemented. They work incredibly well in those games to regulate the economy. I also mentioned WoW, but I see you left that one off your list.

Why does the fact that the GW2 cash shop is cosmetic make it a terrible example? Cosmetic cash shops are what cash shops should be. The game is over once you introduce pay-to-win items via the cash shop (such as powerscrolls or gold).

Wildstar is closing not because of it's currency conversion system, but for catering too much to hard core raiders and not the casual player base.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Players" who sell gold, and other items should be banned. Instead of being able to hide behind "titles" like "Rares Collector", "Broker", "Idocer" and "Realtor", they should have all their accounts closed. END OF STORY! @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix When are y'all going to ban these people? Y'all KNOW who they are.

I actually sent @Mesanna PROOF of at least 3 people who buy/sell for RMT's, one of which who insinuated (but I am sure is not true) that EA/BS KNOWS he does it. But yet they are still running around in game.

DISCLAIMER: The "titles" above were completely fabricated, and not meant to represent ACTUAL players! :D

PS, if this post offended you, or if you buy or sell from these people using "REAL MONEY" then you MIGHT be part of the problem, not the solution. Think about it. Just sayin'.
I'm sure they could just start new accounts the next day and it would have no impact. That's part of the problem. Gotta ban credit cards, not accounts, but I don't know if they can even do that since it's through EA, and they have no control over that.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm sure they could just start new accounts the next day and it would have no impact.
If they banned the current accounts, at least the "new" accounts wouldn't have the "vet" rewards, such as shard shields and such. Which , I think, would at least make it a lot harder for them. Not to mention the items they would lose when the banned accounts houses fell. Along with hopefully "showing" that they ARE interested in taking action against violations of the UO ToS. Which in turn, MIGHT (?) make other people think twice about buying/selling stuff for RL $$$. So, I think it would have SOME impact. This of course assumes that The Devs WANT to take action against people who violate the rules. Me personally, I can't think of ANY reason they wouldn't. Just my opinion of course.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they banned the current accounts, at least the "new" accounts wouldn't have the "vet" rewards, such as shard shields and such. Which , I think, would at least make it a lot harder for them. Not to mention the items they would lose when the banned accounts houses fell. Along with hopefully "showing" that they ARE interested in taking action against violations of the UO ToS. Which in turn, MIGHT (?) make other people think twice about buying/selling stuff for RL $$$. So, I think it would have SOME impact. This of course assumes that The Devs WANT to take action against people who violate the rules. Me personally, I can't think of ANY reason they wouldn't. Just my opinion of course.
Well, they probably have their actual accounts insulated from the bannable ones, one would imagine? Or do you mean the actual accounts?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, they probably have their actual accounts insulated from the bannable ones, one would imagine? Or do you mean the actual accounts?
I say, ban their 20 year accounts if they are tied to a known RMT person. The sad/scary thing is, some of the names are VERY well known.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The white scrolls from champion spawns that let you raise your skill to 105, 110, 115 and 120.
I'm thinking why power scrolls, and I type what are power scrolls geez. seems like I'm thinking one thing and fingers don't get the memo type what they want.
thank you for answering the question..

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking why power scrolls, and I type what are power scrolls geez. seems like I'm thinking one thing and fingers don't get the memo type what they want.
Why? Because people don't want to go to fel.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Not sure what the question is but the only reason power scrolls are expensive is because pets can eat them. Otherwise only Magery and Tactics would be above 10M.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why PS the answer is because you already can buy them dirt cheap really on RMT sites you have been able to for years again i ask how will EA/BS selling them be any different and if your argument is that someone farmed the ones that are available on RMT sites you are delusional the sheer odds of having every in demand scroll available all the time are overwhelming .....