• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Khaldun Hidden Chests And Puzzles

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just got this one.

Screenshot (114).png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a guide? I've never done anything like that. I don't have stealth or detect hidden. Just begging and stealing.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is there a guide? I've never done anything like that. I don't have stealth or detect hidden. Just begging and stealing.
Basically a Roque type char with decent skills is what you need. I use stealth but that's not required. It does aid in your not being attacked.
Detect hidden skill is necessary to locate the chests/boxes that are hidden but to what skill level, I do not know as I am GM
Lock picking skill is also necessary to unlock them and they are a 3 trap box/chest.
Stealing has not been necessary for me to obtain anything in the chests, just grab and go.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are no hidden chest today on Pac ?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not liking these puzzle chests at all.... but I'll keep at it if someone can give me an answer to this:

does the solution (not that I'm gonna see it this afternoon) read " 5 of 5 " or " 4 of 4 " ? the first slot is given to me so I don't know if that is in the final count of correct or not

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiding and Stealth to get around "unnoticed". Detect Hidden and Lockpicking to find and open chests (use magery telekinesis to remove traps). I've gotten 4 drops now and 1 painting.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's my rogues template:
115 Fencing (I added it a while ago to use Smugglers Edge) but am now wielding a SC Dagger for Shadow Strike)
105 Stealing (120 with Fan Dancer Leggings)
85 Stealth (115 with Leggings and +10 Cloak)
100 Lockpicking
100 Detect Hidden
100 Hiding
115 Magery

So far I've gotten 9 Cult Drops, a skeleton and a zombie painting, 10 Corruption, 10 Taint, 3 Dreadhorn Manes and the gems/invis pots/smoke bombs.

My goal is to have a bandage belt before Oct 1.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's my rogues template:
115 Fencing (I added it a while ago to use Smugglers Edge) but am now wielding a SC Dagger for Shadow Strike)
105 Stealing (120 with Fan Dancer Leggings)
85 Stealth (115 with Leggings and +10 Cloak)
100 Lockpicking
100 Detect Hidden
100 Hiding
115 Magery

So far I've gotten 9 Cult Drops, a skeleton and a zombie painting, 10 Corruption, 10 Taint, 3 Dreadhorn Manes and the gems/invis pots/smoke bombs.

My goal is to have a bandage belt before Oct 1.

Similar for me, I really enjoy this style of content.

I've had a soul trapped in a phylactery also.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has this been asked? How often can you do each of the puzzle boxes in Khaldun? I try to do the same one and it ends up being empty. Is there a timer? if someone tries it inbetween the first time and the respawn, does it reset the timer to start over again?
Just got the 3rd painting - the large one. :)

That’s the one I still need and the main item that I wanted

Has anyone found the hidden chest in the champ spawn area, if so it seem like it would really slow down the spawn in area most thief’s could handle

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone found the hidden chest in the champ spawn area, if so it seem like it would really slow down the spawn in area most thief’s could handle
my thief found one there, no way I was gonna do anything about it :eek:

anyone have a picture of the large painting?
*edit* nm, just got one

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see tons of puzzles chest (not getting anything new or rare in them) I am on test right now, but I first checked around with 20 JOAT detect and then 100 detect. Nothing is "appearing" as I walk around.

Are the hidden chest puzzles too?
Do I have to actively detect?
Do I need detect?

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see tons of puzzles chest (not getting anything new or rare in them) I am on test right now, but I first checked around with 20 JOAT detect and then 100 detect. Nothing is "appearing" as I walk around.

Are the hidden chest puzzles too?
Do I have to actively detect?
Do I need detect?
No the hidden chests are just like tmap chests. With GM Detect Hidden, when you walk around you will get the message "your keen sense detects something hidden" Once you get this message, use DH to find the chests.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wasn't the gorget also one of the items from the trade quests last year? The name is very familiar.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So I guess I found the reason why you need stealing:

View attachment 87365
It's called Relic of Stratos... I found it in a chest couldn't pick it up had to steal it.
Sigh. I guess they used up all their art time on the telescope and orrery. :/

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just got "a mysterious rolled map". My thief lacked the cartography skill to read it. I opened it with my treasure hunter and got "Your proficiency in Cartography reveals more about the item." As far as I can tell though, it is just a flavor/deco item.

Screenshot (115).png

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got "a mysterious rolled map". My thief lacked the cartography skill to read it. I opened it with my treasure hunter and got "Your proficiency in Cartography reveals more about the item." As far as I can tell though, it is just a flavor/deco item.

View attachment 87403
Yueahp it's one of the like dozen or so items that the cultist trade route ambushers dropped, last year.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yueahp it's one of the like dozen or so items that the cultist trade route ambushers dropped, last year.
The one from Khaldun says "Recovered from a hidden Cultist Cache". The one I got on the trade route last year says "Recovered from an Ambushed Trade Route", so they are different in that regard.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one from Khaldun says "Recovered from a hidden Cultist Cache". The one I got on the trade route last year says "Recovered from an Ambushed Trade Route", so they are different in that regard.
Ah, very good!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A player with detect hidden asked for a lockpicker so we went for an hour. I got gold, bandages, invis, smoke, and lockpicks.

Found an activity about as much fun as skilling.

Solo

Visitor
A player with detect hidden asked for a lockpicker so we went for an hour. I got gold, bandages, invis, smoke, and lockpicks.

Found an activity about as much fun as skilling.
Yep just spent 2hrs there and out of the hidden chests collected a few invis potions, some lockpicks and a bit of GP. Out of the 'normal' chests I bit of very basic arm/eps and gems.

So where are the paintings and 'fun' stuff found ?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep just spent 2hrs there and out of the hidden chests collected a few invis potions, some lockpicks and a bit of GP. Out of the 'normal' chests I bit of very basic arm/eps and gems.

So where are the paintings and 'fun' stuff found ?

In the hidden chest very low drop rate though

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be doing something wrong, I only get smoke bombs and worthless junk in the hidden chests/crates.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try doing it in Fel. Better drop rate. Also it seems that Tram drops different stuff then Fel but Fel diffently drops more Cult items.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok im getting lost here.
it seems like we have a couple different things being talked about here and that is muddling up the waters.

i for one am totally confused as to why we are talking about snooping.....
we dont need snooping for the chests..... we need snooping to..... snoop the zealots?
is that right?

maybe @Petra Fyde you could take a second to sort out this snooping business.

cause i thought these chests where like the Kotl Chests in that we just needed to detect them, pick them then set them off and loot, but now people are talking about snooping....

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No snooping needed.

Chests just require detect hidden, lockpicking, remove trap or telekinesis and stealing (for a few specific items).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No snooping needed.

Chests just require detect hidden, lockpicking, remove trap or telekinesis and stealing (for a few specific items).
Do you know what amount of stealing is required for those items that can only be stolen?