• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fact Finding: Oceania History

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you for the information, sneaky, pics are also welcome if you have any. (uo pics)
I have many haha...

PVP at BMG

Owning Ron in a duel

Ron owned again

Owning Pet in a duel

Lord Toxen

Two TC get owned 2v1 by Fire Rider

3 TC owned by 2 DP

Guarding Castle British

Ganked by a heap of faction guards

A guide to camping the star room TC style

Owning Ron AGAIN

Speaks for itself...

Chilling out in Monotor in the KR client

Waiting for Avenger's IDOC

My castle in KR

Magical gets stuck underwater in despise and has to wait for a GM to rescue

Miss Fire Rider hits 100 counts for the first time (now over 1000)

Yep, you guessed it, Ron gets owned again

Owning Cookie

Looting Avenger's IDOC (was probably 500mil+ worth of stuff in it, thanks nub!)

Barra turns into a turkey!

Owning a TC newb

Large fight over despise spawn

TC get wiped

Doing a Harry while in OPK.

Owning another TC newbie

Avoiding a major dismount gank squad

TC camping star in their usual way

TC owned after trying to camp star

PvP at BMG

Despise spawn

TC agree to duel then get to scared and try to gank instead

Another TC nub bites the dust

Dragod having fun with bagballs in the star

Avenger hides from my old dexer

Watching S^R take about an hour to kill Barra

Last edited:

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh just found more lol

Ki-Rin overboard!

Morrigan's dismount stealth tamer gets owned

Chom gets pwned in Serps

Chilling at WBB (back in the days when it was still used!)

Chilling at the top of the old DP HQ

KOV attack DQ HQ

DP doing a Terra Keep spawn

DKM crash an OPK spawn and steal their 120 mage PS

OPK slaughter TC in huge numbers as they try to crash a Harry

Wish I still had this ping!!

Only Sneaky could steal the future king's runebook and get away with it!!

The most amount of players you are likely to ever see on Oceania at the Fall of Morissa event. There was at least two more screens worth of players like this.

Last edited:

kvhokuto

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well apparently the shard is still here. Kind of sad that a few remnants are trying so hard to rewrite history though. Sneaky you need to get over it. Are you really still bitter over being recruited as a meat shield? Trying to portray yourself as anything other than a mediocre pvper who could only get kills with overpowered templates? Please.

Kiana Edoline

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T*F was taken over by me, Kiana Edoline (an original member also)/Eliri Ammur in late 2011 after Ryan etc no longer logged on. I still log on to this day. Teylen logged on late last year once according to the guild records but that's all. Sanctuary is mostly long gone.

I'm also still IRL friends with the members of TDM.

Anyone who wants to catch up, send me a message :smile2:

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well apparently the shard is still here. Kind of sad that a few remnants are trying so hard to rewrite history though. Sneaky you need to get over it. Are you really still bitter over being recruited as a meat shield? Trying to portray yourself as anything other than a mediocre pvper who could only get kills with overpowered templates? Please.

Huh? If you don't like my history lesson then you can make up whatever crap you like if it makes you happy. I'm not attempting to rewrite history at all. Everyone knows (though few will probably admit it) that I dominated the shard on many occasions. I was asked for history and I delivered. Oh and you calling me a mediocre PvPer? I actually laughed when I read that bit. Mages (which I almost exclusively PvPed on) can only ever be overpowered when a highly skilled player is playing them, so thanks for that compliment, not that it means much at all coming from you, but thanks anyway nub.

Last edited:

Acid phreak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I find it funny that OPK bang on about how they were the PvP guild of Oceania. That may be true, after PvP was ruined (the launch of Trammel).

Back when the shard was raised the true PvP guilds were

The Elite (-E-)
One
W^C
TDM

There were a couple more, just I cant remember them. One of the best wars the shard saw was the three way between -E-, One and W^C. Sadly EA screwed PvP and by 2003 the best PvPers the shard had seen left and were replaced with wanna be's liked Pet and Co, who unfortunately didnt live through the era of real skill and precasting.

Cheers.
Some of the biggest pvp guilds on the shard when it opened were

One - Aussie pvp (chaos) Ind was guild gm ( mages and tank mages )
TDK - Asian pvp (chaos) ( dex monkeys with alot of blue healers )
TDM - Nz/Aussie pvp (order) Silent Bob was guild gm ( mages and tank mages )
-E- Aussie pvp (order) Romp was the guild gm ( mages and dex monkeys )

some of the best pvpers
EraseR -awesome tank mage.guild hopped to suit his pvp needs. jumped from One to -E- all the time also had his own stone at war with both guilds. Hi sooka if you reading this !! ;p - Loki
Mordeath - awesome tank mage.one of the best pvpers in One and up there on the shard
Romp - awesome tank mage.Guild master of (elite) -E- and a top pvper on the shard, if he couldnt kill u his boys would gate in and gank u if he didnt have his blue healer (ange dewinter) with him
Thunder/Lightning - awesome mates and tank mages.couldnt seperate them both guild hopped from One to -E-

may have missed a few good people but if u were around when these guys were playing 1997-2003 obviously we all came from diff servers but these are the names they will be remembered by ( these were the days UoExtreme & UoAssist were banned )

please feel free to add its been 12 years since i quit and alot has changed id love to play again just wondering if anyone from back then played.

Tynoor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi All :)

I have some great memories of the Oceania shard! :) I was guild leader of FEN, a founder in B*D (FEN sprouted from it) - and an officer in SoE. I remember being neighbours to Lionheart for a while, and I'm sure some of you will remember my house just outside of Umbra, with the bagball field on the roof :)

We had great guild wars with VKR, TBD, B*D, SOE.

My main char was Tynoor in FEN (Fallen Empire of the Night) (Guild leader), which would have been created in 2003.

The guild is still running in WOW and there's still a few of the guys from SOE in there with me :)

UO-House-Roof.JPG

Berym

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T*F was taken over by me, Kiana Edoline (an original member also)/Eliri Ammur in late 2011 after Ryan etc no longer logged on. I still log on to this day. Teylen logged on late last year once according to the guild records but that's all. Sanctuary is mostly long gone.

I'm also still IRL friends with the members of TDM.

Anyone who wants to catch up, send me a message :smile2:

I'm still around, Kiana, and my house still stands - and likely will until the day they close the servers for good.

Mishra_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Order of the Rose (OtR)
Established: 2000
Guildmasters: Malek
Guild House Location: North of Trinsic
Alliance:
Players: Malek, Otara, Emerald Star, Mystic Rose, Tarnas,

Here is a site that still has info: http://web.quick.cz/tkomurka/Otr/

The Clan of Virtues (TcV)
Established: 2002
Guildmasters: Mishra, Caliope
Guild House Location: North of Trinsic
Alliance: ORPA
Players: Mishra, Caliope, Jasper, Vivathia, Navarone

Last edited:

Gethin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the biggest pvp guilds on the shard when it opened were

TDM - Nz/Aussie pvp (order) Silent Bob was guild gm ( mages and tank mages )

please feel free to add its been 12 years since i quit and a lot has changed id love to play again just wondering if anyone from back then played.
Was a member and still talk to Bob via facebook from time to time. I sold my account and then came back with a new one. Still playing.

There was also, Stigmartyr & Ivana humpalot I think. Heard rumours they were alts for Ind so mute point if true.

Geriatric

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow this certainly does bring back some old memories few of the names i almost need to wipe a tear away from my eye
theres alot of names i need to give an honourable mention to and if i've forgotten you im sorry

fink i don't know if your still around but good to see you mate
calis riakel how can i forget you you did so much work to keep ORPA up to date and was one of the best gaming experiences ive ever had
good ole majestic you minto bum do you still take your little dapper secret agent hat around with you ? the one you wore down to the -E- guild meet at bronte beach

the guilds that ive been in
i think the first guild that i joined was SoE and they were a great guild except perhaps for the mark on their record known as redwolf
their numbers slowly dwindled off and i believe some of their members were absorbed into an assortment of ORB VKR and OTR
from SoE i actually moved toward pvp and joined up with TDK, Vitus was their GM and were a great bunch of guys one of the best nights ingame i had was sitting up late untill 6 am in the morning guarding shadowlords playing one of the ingame chessboards against true red
but as with most things over time the members started to quit while TDK never disbanded the members just stopped logging on ToXiC myself and a couple of others ended up joining One, which while the guildmaster on the stone was Ind the inner council pretty much consisted of Ind and Mordeath and probably Thornn to a lesser extent, who for some unknown reason didn't really like me due a comment i made about True Blue
Drax Akorin taught me alot about how to effectively play a dexxer character, later on down the track the game started to change more and more
it seemed to become all about the items whoever had the best items was the best pvper, i wasn't prepared to spend the rediculous amounts of gold or time required to get these items so i just reclined back to trammel as most of the real pvpers oceania saw started to move to shadowbane

during the time that i spent in One and some of the time in TDK
i made a good friend her name was Sun ingame together we formed a guild it was a trammel based guild known as BCB the black council of britannia
i even had a few of my friends playing the game during this time, Sisonic, Terek and Red they were playing for quite a while but eventually quit
if anyone actually remembers that Sun and i got married ingame
and as of this august it will be our 2 year anniversary
i have since moved to USA have been here for a couple of years
a few weeks ago my wife and i were reminiscing about old times in UO so i did a bit of searching around we are playing on a server called UO Forever
funny thing is im in a guild with Avenger / Supreme Avatar and he doesnt appear to be a **** ( I know i was surprised too)
felucca only shard with a UO:R ruleset which means no overpowering items like faster casting and no item insurance

to any of you other people that say your pvpers
ive never heard of you

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG Tynoor I remember you, you were one of my first guild leaders back in the day, and got me started with my first necromancer. Very cool. Oh the memories.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, wow, apparently I've still got an account here and everything. In fact the forums are telling me I've got a trophy for posting 750 times. That can't be right...

I doubt I'll be remembered by any here, except perhaps Jah (... "perhaps"). I didn't participate much PvP (can probably count the battles I attended on my fingers), and my main character, Boris (see avatar), was just another legendary tamer mage wearing a robe in a sea of legendary tamer mages wearing robes. I spammed the heck out of UOGuide though. Heh. If you see the possessive form of "its" mistyped as "it's" over there, or "lies" mistyped as "lays", those errors are my fault. All of them.

Anyway, my first character - Bomb Bloke - was a basic dexer in TC. He could fight things, but I was mostly rubbish at melee combat. Probably spent the better part of a year training him up against Daemons in Ilshenar, while occasionally being dragged out to a spawn. The only reason I was in the guild was because of my brother, who IIRC mostly played "Buster".

He was not a PvM type. For example, once I asked him where to get Bags of Sending. According to him, they were something you picked up off players you killed at spawns; he honestly didn't know any more about the matter than that, and as it got him a plentiful supply he didn't care.

Anyway, one day I decided to make a tamer with magery as a side, and never looked back. With Boris, I soon joined RED, then S^R, then EOB. Focus moved from PvP and champion spawns to PvM and peerless. When I started editing UOGuide, my knowledge of the game's systems shot up to "obsessive" levels. I was able to keep adding content for months after I stopped playing the actual game as a result.

Thing was, I never had a credit card, and one year I got sick of bugging my brother to handle the payments for me and that was that. I guess it was around late '09 that I ditched. I guess I started some time around '05, so call it four or five years attendence? I don't even know. I've a nagging feeling the game hasn't changed much since left, but I'm curious to know if anyone's still playing (familiar or otherwise... is there a server population?). In reality it'll probably be at least a month before anyone even reads this, but hey, I can wait.

I'd like to at least think Fink - pretty much the only roleplayer on the whole shard, and an amusing one at that - is still being Fink somewhere, even if that "somewhere" is no longer UO.

My screenshot folder isn't much chop, but here it is for those interested.

Edit: Oh, and I know I've got buckley's chance, but I've gotta ask. See, there was this bug where sometimes houses failed to go into IDOC status. It's been five years and all but I don't suppose...???

Last edited:

kvhokuto

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh? If you don't like my history lesson then you can make up whatever crap you like if it makes you happy. I'm not attempting to rewrite history at all. Everyone knows (though few will probably admit it) that I dominated the shard on many occasions. I was asked for history and I delivered. Oh and you calling me a mediocre PvPer? I actually laughed when I read that bit. Mages (which I almost exclusively PvPed on) can only ever be overpowered when a highly skilled player is playing them, so thanks for that compliment, not that it means much at all coming from you, but thanks anyway nub.
Strong words from someone who used to try to 'assassinate' me with this archer who was so lethal that he couldn't even interrupt a conversation. He'd just sit there shooting arrows causing a minor inconvenience and we'd keep talking.

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to at least think Fink - pretty much the only roleplayer on the whole shard, and an amusing one at that - is still being Fink somewhere, even if that "somewhere" is no longer UO.
Fink is kicking around :)
He's not playing much in the way of MMOs though. I tried to get him into LOTRO for a bit, but it didn't stick.
If he's playing anything you'll likely see him pyro-ing his way around Team Fortress.

(Me, I'm usually in either Planetside 2 or still kicking around LOTRO these days, but mostly it's family, work and politics instead of gaming)

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strong words from someone who used to try to 'assassinate' me with this archer who was so lethal that he couldn't even interrupt a conversation. He'd just sit there shooting arrows causing a minor inconvenience and we'd keep talking.
Shows how little you remember. That archer was a sigil thief and runner who had +stealing gear on with no HCI at all. She (not he) wasn't designed to PvP because I hate PvPing on archers. I would use her to steal and run the sigils and then I'd jump on a mage (usually Toxen) and swat you away like a fly. All you used to do was pop out of stealth for a second, try and hit me, then run off and try to hide again and usually die in the process. Considering you played such a pathetic little stealth dexer who couldn't last 10 seconds against my mages without running or dying, you're in no position to even be talking about PvP.

Bitz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
wow some great memories here seeing old names and guilds.. the fun times ...love the pics too

LiquidSolidity

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's not playing much in the way of MMOs though. I tried to get him into LOTRO for a bit, but it didn't stick.
If he's playing anything you'll likely see him pyro-ing his way around Team Fortress.

(Me, I'm usually in either Planetside 2 or still kicking around LOTRO these days, but mostly it's family, work and politics instead of gaming)
I think the Oceania shard pretty much died when Fink left :( I loved seeing him at the bank whenever I logged on.

joujoubear

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
joined just to post in this thread - some of the names i remember from when i played 00-01 :

-E- was arguably the best pvp guild around, along with one
romp was the man, but i think thunder was probably the best pvper i saw

ErazoR had a ping so fast back then, youd swear he was playing on the server - i can remember walking along then suddenly "you are dead"

im thinking wtf? so i check the journal and see the name ErazoR... explained it all lol

faction wars were huge when they started, was chaos

some of the names i remember are calador, thing, seabat, code ninja, ricky

22twelve

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all. Wow what a mad trip down memory lane. I remember so many of you.
My main char was Shady (necro mage). My mates Gilgamesh & Guts got me into the game around 2001/2002 I think.

Guilds I was in was KOV, TDK(the dark knights), S^R, LS(Leet Soldiers). Others that I can't remember.
Used to do lots of spawns (ganked sometimes by TC & OPK). I loved the times I killed Morrigan, I was cheering.
I remember you Sneaky (Canberra still suck, haha). I worked with Lihan & got him into the game.
Played with Nightowl & crew. I remember heaps of people going to the Krall castle one year. Jahira went to that.
Think I played for around 4 years or so.

Wish I could remember more.

Other dudes I played with was Cornelius, Hatasan, etc.
Anyway, if anyone remebers me & wants to shoot the ****, hit me up. Many a good time was spent playing this game.
I currently play wow, & have since quitting uo, though pvp was always the best in uo.

How could i forget, had my own guild for a bit also. D12. Did plenty of spawns with this guild. Eveningkiss was someone i hung out with heaps, aswell as Arcadion, Warmongerer & others.
Played with Dain.

Last edited:

Birko

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics is back !
Rejoice, and thanks staff for the buyback :)

I am still Birko, but just older.

------------------------------------------------------------
You can find me mapping somewhere.

Last edited:

Fink

Visitor
WOOF!

I have exhumed some stuffs from my vault.
I can nail it to this post if there is interest.
I am fuzzy on the specific dates and details.

Highlights include:

* Britannian Society of Chefs [BSC] culinary expedition into the Orc Dungeon.
* House o' Wheels!, Gorilla-grams, the Angry Villager house burning mob.
* [BSC] GM Cake museum, various locations.
* Various player-run events by Thunderdome [-TD-], including the old website.
* Unevenly recorded slew of official shard events and/or EM-run events.
* Fink the Younger's paperdoll photography; snapshots of Sosaria's snappy dressers.
* 50 Shades of Felucca (not all of them grey)
* Various shenanigans, cartoons, and bizarre screenshots.

also...

Sheep Graziers Warning: I'm back on Oceania to flock with you.

Last edited:

Fink

Visitor

Yarrp, I briefly played LOTRO as a hobbit burglar, then TF2 as an irritatingly good Pyro. Back in UO now as a born-again newb.

Back on topic and a short FYI regarding ye Olde Days, Feenicks and I have often been mistaken for each other. I say this in fairness to him because I think a lot of the positive reception I enjoyed early on was probably due to that mix-up or at least a close association with this all round good guy and my dearest Real Life(tm) friend. Spotter's Guide excerpt:

Feenicks: (him)
* Lord Feenicks, a Lumberjack-Swordsman and a Virtuous Knight of the Realm [VKR]
* Feenary, his pacifist brother and guildmaster of Britannian Society of Chefs [BSC]
* Monkey (that's KING Monkey!), Fellowship of Enlightenment & Zen [FEZ]

Fink: (me)
* Fink ("the younger", stealth shepherd and underling to the Dread Lady Kat)
* Lord Fink (her reclusive brother, I mention him only to add to the confusion)
* Marty McFly & Doc Brown [BSC]
* Pigsy & Tripitaka [FEZ]
* Dr Dealgood, Thunderdome [-TD-]

Ajstan999

Visitor
Thought I would install us have a peek it’s kind of heart breaking so while googling things I came across this post on the forums despite the drama we all have a lot of fun

One thing I haven’t seen much of was person whom I think was very special to Oceania April so thought why not check my old email for photos she use to send me of her collections was worst when she had floors full of parrots I guess her house fell after she passed away

So many other people whom made up fun squall, jahira, troiso, misty, daryl, bryson fox, katleen, emerald so many names i’ve forgotten always amuses me to go take a peek back at stuff plus it’s really good for story writing

Attachments

FootStool

Visitor
Most used characters: FootStool, FootStoolius, Britan

Wow this thread is a blast from the past!
So many memories, I joined after trammal in a guild called AuS, we all came from Diablo 2 and were recruited by a player named Britan. His friend owned a castle near the X-roads in Trammal and Britan was co-owner, so he friended us all and we were able to start the game in a safe area with storage, lucky us!

The difference from grabbing faction or GM items to insuring monster drops was insane.

Best PvPer I saw would be Keropi Frog or Kero as I called him.
Hi Exile, Hi Strokemegently

Wonder what Bladron is doing, he was such a forum troll.

Special mention to STRONG KOREA that would hang out at fel brit mg and spam "KOREA #1" everytime he managed to come out of stealth and gank someone. Of all the people that deserve to be talked about, he definitely doesn't rank anywhere up there. To anyone that I didn't mention but remembers me, remember that I chose to mention this random instead of you.

Thanks for all the fish