• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rules adjustment for next round of castle keep design

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
for starters how about you must own the building you wish to design ???
and since they are using the gold sink card how about entry fee....
and the winners should get theirs free on the landmass of their choosing....

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They put castles/keeps in my Malas neighborhood, you'll see an 18x18 drop so damn fast your head will spin. And I won't stash anything in the bank ... it'll be a grabfest in Malas! Then characters get deleted, account closed. One account is already closed - what's one more?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like the winners should get a free upgrade deed or whatever even without a fee.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First 2 points crap. Third one good

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First 2 points crap. Third one good
Heh, there already was a huge wealth of persistent rumours about some people buying votes and whatnot. I guess everybody using multiple accounts to vote for themselves is a given. Underneath that, there is the whole metagame about some popularity contest going; Who has most friends, biggest guild. Who works hardest to shill his own castle on forums, chat etc. You can easily make some sort of " yeah?! all part of the game!!" argument about most of this stuff. However, it is undeniable all of it is very detrimental to the base setting. ie, people voting for a design they like best and this most liked design then becoming available.

Now, if on top of all that you add a huge, significant reward for winning the contest...I assume the sleaze and corruption and bribery to ensure """I WIN!!!" would defy all description. It'd contribute towards ensuring stuff chosen are always anything but community favorites.

Situation where devs make it incredibly clear community won't pick anything and voting means nothing except helps underlining some of the most interesting plots for devs to look at .. That'd be a situation that could afford some epic rewards. Just that I'm not sure if I like that alternative better than current situation where votes genuinely counted in a moderately stake-free setting.

Just..give..us..the..damn..design..tool. Assuming tech and code truly allows it, tis ridiculous they refuse to let people design their own keeps and castles.

Last edited: