• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I changed my Castle to a new design.

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1. Pack up that first floor.
2. Don't freak out when the game sends you to some strange part of the game.
3. All the stone floor and walls you made are going into your packing crate and put your storage way over.
So far that's all I'm seeing that is an issue with changing designs. my new home ....PNG

Attachments

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Wait wait wait lol. Why pack up the first floor? So can we place something and lock it down with the storage being way over the limit? Why are you on a raft in the ocean? lol

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I gotta say MrsBug is the bravest person I know and it was great fun, at her expense, to listen to her during the process yesterday.
Why pack up the first floor? The reason is this. Our current castles do not have foundations, the new castles do. So what ever is on the first floor in the old castle will now be below the first floor of the new castle. You won't be able to access your items that are now below the floor. Crate up the 1st floor stuff and put it on the 2nd floor.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Heck me and Anon were ready to place the new designs the first day if they weren't 300 million gold lol...still don't have the 44 mil I need on Origin or I'd have done it already...I WANT DOTS CASTLE!!!!! :)

Thank you MrsBug for this...I had hoped that everything would go into the moving crate like they said it would so you wouldn't have to pack up the first floor....can you post this over on the official forums if you haven't done so already so maybe they can fix that issue before it goes live?

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Wow that is some craziness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I gotta say MrsBug is the bravest person I know and it was great fun, at her expense, to listen to her during the process yesterday.
Why pack up the first floor? The reason is this. Our current castles do not have foundations, the new castles do. So what ever is on the first floor in the old castle will now be below the first floor of the new castle. You won't be able to access your items that are now below the floor. Crate up the 1st floor stuff and put it on the 2nd floor.
Yeah... that's something they should mention.

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Heck me and Anon were ready to place the new designs the first day if they weren't 300 million gold lol...still don't have the 44 mil I need on Origin or I'd have done it already...I WANT DOTS CASTLE!!!!! :)

Thank you MrsBug for this...I had hoped that everything would go into the moving crate like they said it would so you wouldn't have to pack up the first floor....can you post this over on the official forums if you haven't done so already so maybe they can fix that issue before it goes live?
I don't know how to post it to the official forums sorry

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wait wait wait lol. Why pack up the first floor? So can we place something and lock it down with the storage being way over the limit? Why are you on a raft in the ocean? lol
The reason I'm on a dock in the middle of the ocean. I'm thinking it was the dev's way of a joke. Crewel joke. I had to log out of the game after awhile to calm down. Nightmare

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason I'm on a dock in the middle of the ocean. I'm thinking it was the dev's way of a joke. Crewel joke. I had to log out of the game after awhile to calm down. Nightmare
I wish I could've been ingame to watch and listen as you were creating your new castle. Thank you for the belly laugh, MrsBug!
(You know you're friends when you can laugh at their misery and know they're going to laugh right along with you)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where is the best place to walk through and look at each of the designs?

Is there a flloor by floor picture of each new design posted anywhere?

(sorry to ask these stupid qustions but I have been out of the loop most of the summer!)

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I wish I could've been ingame to watch and listen as you were creating your new castle. Thank you for the belly laugh, MrsBug!
(You know you're friends when you can laugh at their misery and know they're going to laugh right along with you)
Mama I had to call Amber late and cry to her. You need to hurry and get moved and back ingame so I can cry to you. lol hugs

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

(sorry to ask these stupid qustions but I have been out of the loop most of the summer!)
I'm actually working on that right now since I've seen many people ask for that so gimme a few, EC keeps crashing every time I log in :/

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm sure Test Center is the best place for it. Few screens down from WBB there, you find a pile of stones and teleporters. Activate them for access to previews of all kinds of designs.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I am going to have to do it the hard way because the EC is NOT working...6 times now I've logged in and froze the minute I get in and it stops responding...:/

First floor Gothic Rose (If anyone else can get into the EC without crashing and do this for me that would be awesome! LOL)

GothicRose1.png

Second Floor:
GothicRose2.png

Third Floor:
GothicRose3.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Pack up that first floor.
2. Don't freak out when the game sends you to some strange part of the game.
3. All the stone floor and walls you made are going into your packing crate and put your storage way over.
So far that's all I'm seeing that is an issue with changing designs. View attachment 86968
Guess what! You get to be a Guinea Pig again!

Relax and do it again when they turn it back on. This time let your friends know the time you are doing it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
9/15/2018
Good afternoon everyone,
Due to major issues that have come up with converting to the new Castle/Keep designs, we will be reverting Baja,and Origin back to yesterday at 3 am ET. We are not turning off housing but you will no longer be able to convert your present Castles and Keeps. You will still be able to place the new designs from the House Placement Tool .
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we will keep you informed when these issues are resolved.
Have a great weekend,
UO Team

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can't yet...probably not until next week...you can place a new one but cannot convert.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea just tried to place a new house cant do it unless house is empty and nothing under it, luckly i had 2 accounts so i could gate a guy in to get my stuff that was stuck on that raft. called gm but you know thats worthless. if you get stuck on that raft you have to gate someone in to get your stuff or you will lose it within a hour when it decays

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they should have never told people about converting i knew that was a bad idea, should have just made new designs and let people move stuff ,going to be problems with losing stuff.

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got this too when i try place a new design castle on origin
Screen Shot 09-16-18 at 01.56 PM.PNG

and when you move near door i see white gate and when you go in you been tranfered to a cemetery

Last edited:

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
see this white gate for one sec before door appear and door send you in britain cemetery

Screen Shot 09-16-18 at 02.54 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 09-16-18 at 02.57 PM.PNG