• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 101 Update to TC1 & Khaldun Champ Spawn Play Session

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/4/2018 Greetings, The latest update to Publish 101 has been released to TC1. You can read about the latest changes here. We also look forward to your feedback which you can share on the forums. We will also be hosting a public play session tomorrow (9/5/2018) beginning at noon ET. Copy your crafters over to TC1 and supply those valiant enough to stand against the armies of Khaldun! We expect the play session to last for several hours as we go through Caddellite resource gathering, crafting, and the champ spawn – so hop on and say hello! See you in […]

Continue reading...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously? A once a year should be funtime event has become so damned complicated you have to have a 'play session" (read-intensive training) to be able to participate??!?!?! Really?

This team has lost their friggin collective minds...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or we could think of it as testing. They could have done the instructions on newspaper.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone can say something about drop rate with the different mobs inside?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously? A once a year should be funtime event has become so damned complicated you have to have a 'play session" (read-intensive training) to be able to participate??!?!?! Really?

Apparently the acronym KISS is lost on them.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Slayvite your probably old enough to remember Lord British getting PKed at an event way way back in the day :)
I certainly do, I also remember Garriott "spitting his dummy out " and sulking over the whole episode. Oh how the player base laughed over that one :lol:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Feels like they have given up on production shards and TC1 is becoming the new hub.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Today will actually be my first time doing any of this...(I know, shocking right?)

I will copy my crafter over to TC but I have no idea what I am going to need....the caddelite stuff is very confusing to me. I need simple... :/

SO what do I need to bring over when I copy my crafter? I have the basic Tailor/Tinker/Smith no Imbuing

Nash

Sage
I see a lot of crying about this its not hard to do at all make a weapon aka farm the crap you need and kill stuff

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I see a lot of crying about this its not hard to do at all make a weapon aka farm the crap you need and kill stuff
Okay there are 2 ways this has worked:

1. Go into dungeon, kill stuff, get drops
  2. Get on your fisher, miner or lumberjack, go mine for an hour, go back home, get on your crafter, head to khaldun, craft weapons, go back home, put weapons in chest, log onto your fighter, get weapons, go to khaldun, kill stuff, get drops

Which one looks easier?????

I chose number 1

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's not that hard.

@Khyro had three crafted caddellite weapons in under 20 minutes and they are good for the whole event. My pets tasty treats took a while longer because we found a bug, which they have since fixed. The fishing is the most time consuming part of that. Need 13 fish per tasty treat, don't need high fishing either. Tamers have it the toughest as they will need multiple tasty treats, but still manageable. Spellbooks can be bought if you have points left from last year or you can make one, its a one and done with regards to those.

I've see a lot of people from the Asian shard with crafted weapons and doing the spawn fine.

People complain their crafters are useless or don't get to participate in stuff, so when they create content they are useful in people still complain.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

2. Get on your fisher, miner or lumberjack, go mine for an hour, go back home, get on your crafter, head to khaldun, craft weapons, go back home, put weapons in chest, log onto your fighter, get weapons, go to khaldun, kill stuff, get drops

I chose number 1
:confused:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's great that the Dev team is going to host a player night. Been saying as much in my sig for only 5+ years now but now is better than never.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I chose number 1
#2 .. it's the EA/BS way. Wouldn't want to disappoint, now! <shrug> As noted before - KISS is not in their dictionary.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's not that hard.

@Khyro had three crafted caddellite weapons in under 20 minutes and they are good for the whole event. My pets tasty treats took a while longer because we found a bug, which they have since fixed. The fishing is the most time consuming part of that. Need 13 fish per tasty treat, don't need high fishing either. Tamers have it the toughest as they will need multiple tasty treats, but still manageable. Spellbooks can be bought if you have points left from last year or you can make one, its a one and done with regards to those.

I've see a lot of people from the Asian shard with crafted weapons and doing the spawn fine.

People complain their crafters are useless or don't get to participate in stuff, so when they create content they are useful in people still complain.
So much this !! toss in the fact that we want the pub rushed out and then will complain about bugs ! toss in the low turn out that I've seen so far of people actually testing...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
toss in the fact that we want the pub rushed out and then will complain
Yes lord forbid we want something on time and without bugs... continually accepting mediocrity will result in the same.

toss in the low turn out that I've seen so far of people actually testing...
When tester don't get payed condeming them for not showing is foolish.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes lord forbid we want something on time and without bugs... continually accepting mediocrity will result in the same.
When tester don't get payed condeming them for not showing is foolish.
Nearly all MMO have test centers for users to test new patches. WHY? because dev teams cannot account for everything a user can/will try/do.

The fact that UO players feel that this small team of dedicated developers should be able to deliver perfect patches when much larger teams cannot deliver that, is asinine. Especially if the players don't participate in TC. Remember when the UO team was much much larger? How were those patches? Right. Bleak and Kyronix seem to be very invested into UO, i have caught them on TC and reading forums all hours of the day and night.

Why do you need to get paid to test? That type of thinking is what ruined the Counselor program and all other volunteer programs with Ultima Online. What is wrong with just testing to learn the content and help make Ultima Online a better game for everyone.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
how was a naked guy not getting hit with anything. had huge mobs around hitting him and not taking any damage at all.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
how was a naked guy not getting hit with anything. had huge mobs around hitting him and not taking any damage at all.
That's the immunity issue they just fixed..if you didn't have Caddelite-infused on you wouldn't take damage...that should be fixed now.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So how many people showed up to this, im guessing less then 15?

The track record since like 2010 has been a constant downhill on content and ability to keep things less buggy. What gets me the most is they aren't listening to what the players want for the game. Noone wanted VvV, dinosaurs, untouchable ridiculous loot table, massive power creep over a two year span that completely wrecked skilled play. Pvp has remained unbalanced since then, nothing is done. Pvm is pointless cept for shadowguard (unless you power script). Cheating through all kinds of means runs rampant without any response. I understand why no one wants to help with something when you get nothing but garbage in return. I'm holding out like LeVeon Bell until we get better management!! :cursing:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We are as much to blame for the current state of our game as the developers are if even half the board warriors would show up and TEST things give valid input rather than just complain complain complain. if only 15 of us show up shouldn't we be the ones that get listened to ?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been saying for a WHILE now that especially Kyronix will stay on TC for a long time listening to feedback. and Bleak is on as well. MORE of us need to do this, it really does help! And they are very receptive to constructive criticism, not just omg this sucks but REALLY get into it, go through the content and give feedback.

I have yet to actually go down into the dungeon, I spent my testing time crafting...and while at first I was whiny and lazy, once you get into it, it's not bad. The crafting portion is actually quite fun, and while some don't enjoy resource-gathering, there are a lot of us who do, so it's an even balance. Those that don't will buy the items from those that do (Hopefully!) and there will be more MULTIPLAYER involved this go round.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think there are valid points on both sides of the testing argument, but for the immediate testing at hand, I gotta say... it's hard for a lot of us to attend a planned test session at noon on a Wednesday.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have been on since 5 am PST(i am lucky its my day off) i have never seen more than 15 or 20 people on (i have seen or heard Dev there responding to things) this stuff has been on test for how long ?? the Dev have fixed everything that has been brought up. I am not some fan boy defending the Dev but its so plain to see the lack of response from the player base...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was there on TC a lot during combat changes for pvp patch and the taming patch. Im more of a pvper then a pvmer so I wanted to make sure they put in changes that would make it better and at the end they did what they wanted. The taming patch which I knew was gonna need extensive testing became a complete disaster that they are still trying to fix today. I tried talking sense into them about it during that testing and they just pushed it through without care. I did my part on many patches and came out with nothing but frustration so I just don't even bother anymore.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So, i need a crafted infused Scrappers. WTH Another Gold sink. GET your scrapper resources now before the price gouge. OPPS, did I start something. DEV's, you want peeps to test. Give mage/mysts etcs a scrappers on TEST (TEST) Shard. I can see it now, craft your own. Not gonna happen, sorry. Not into test shard, very seldom here. You want us to test, give us what we can test with.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So, i need a crafted infused Scrappers. WTH Another Gold sink. GET your scrapper resources now before the price gouge. OPPS, did I start something. DEV's, you want peeps to test. Give mage/mysts etcs a scrappers on TEST (TEST) Shard. I can see it now, craft your own. Not gonna happen, sorry. Not into test shard, very seldom here. You want us to test, give us what we can test with.
Or have someone make one for you? That IS part of the testing process. I made 2 earlier...if you can be nice I will give you the one I have left :)

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Or have someone make one for you? That IS part of the testing process. I made 2 earlier...if you can be nice I will give you the one I have left :)
Thanks, but no thanks. Test Shard, want to work mage, NOT 1003 crafting skills. I think the DEVS know by now, those that want to know the crafting, know the crafting. NOT into crafting.

But i do appreciate the offer. Be safe.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks, but no thanks. Test Shard, want to work mage, NOT 1003 crafting skills. I think the DEVS know by now, those that want to know the crafting, know the crafting. NOT into crafting.

But i do appreciate the offer. Be safe.
so really calling for a spellbook in gen chat is tooo much work really ??? Kyronix is there making bows for people for god sake ....

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thoroughly tested the Animal Training publish when it was on test and I like many other told them it was too early to push it live....they did anyway and the results were clear.
I've tested other publishes on test too, most of the feed-back is ignored.....only then to be "patched in" later when the general player base complains also....

They then went and ruined the only Glorious bird in UO's history with that awful kindergarten "unicorn puke vomit" re-skin...
No, my days of doing their job is over. They can test their own garbage now....or not as the case is many, many times over.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thoroughly tested the Animal Training publish when it was on test and I like many other told them it was too early to push it live....they did anyway and the results were clear.
I've tested other publishes on test too, most of the feed-back is ignored.....only then to be "patched in" later when the general player base complains also....

They then went and ruined the only Glorious bird in UO's history with that awful kindergarten "unicorn puke vomit" re-skin...
No, my days of doing their job is over. They can test their own garbage now....or not as the case is many, many times over.
This ^

THEY DONT LISTEN !

SO :next:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have joined the testing but unfortunately we can't character copy from Siege and I don't have trained and suited prodo chars to copy over...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Unfortunately the time wasn't very convenient, in some of Europe, especially the UK, people were travelling home/making dinner. Seems the time that was chosen was really only convenient for people who had a day off work, housewives and retired people. I'm in the UK though, so I was making dinner while my husband was travelling home from work... also I got the days mixed up, but even if I didn't the scenario would be the same the next day as the day before! If it had been a Monday it would be different as my husband has Mondays off. :D

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah I wonder why Finlay was looking for spellbook improvement talismans while ago. Now I have an answer.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ah I wonder why Finlay was looking for spellbook improvement talismans while ago. Now I have an answer.
lol yeah probably...it's TC so I didn't really care if I lost mats...I did make 2 scrappers and 4 normal spellbooks so I am pretty confident in that area...made some tasty treats as well but no weapons, need to get someone to craft me some weapons for my sampire so I can actually go down into the dungeon lol.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This whole Halloween mess has me wondering it is even going to be worth fooling around with. Who's brilliant idea was it to make it it a massive grind? The phrase "Charlie Foxtrot" comes to mind regarding this whole ordeal. :( @Kyronix @Bleak

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Apologize for my erroneous post about spellbook. They do work. Thanks for many players input on test shard. Very odd to see a type of spawn that is down there. Thanks again for the assistance.