• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endless Journey and Banking

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just came back to UO and discovered that Endless Journey is a thing now. When I quit a year ago, I packed all my good stuff in the bank. With the 28 item limit, which I am well over, I am being told I am not allowed to remove anything from the bank. What gives? I understand that there are limitations to a f2p account, but locking someone out of their bank? Come on.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if ya wanna play with all your goodies you gotta pay like the rest of us.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can buy a vault token from the store and redeem it in Britain. It will allow you to remove items from your bank. It's cheaper than a subscription. Also, if you buy a subscription, even for a month, you will lose EJ access for 120 days.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My real issue is that I have forgotten the email that is attached to my account. I would have gladly renewed if I were able to in the account management site. I was only able to renew my alt account so I could place a house. Is there a way to reset the email that is connected to the UO account?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's a shame they didn't allow you to take stuff out to get you back to the limit and just not allow items to be put in until you are under. Of course you really need to have a trusted fried to then store your stuff as you won't have anywhere else to put it. The whole thing was a bit of a shambles to be honest. Holding Vets property to ransom was not the best way to go I think. :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came back to UO and discovered that Endless Journey is a thing now. When I quit a year ago, I packed all my good stuff in the bank. With the 28 item limit, which I am well over, I am being told I am not allowed to remove anything from the bank. What gives? I understand that there are limitations to a f2p account, but locking someone out of their bank? Come on.
I really don't get why they felt the need to alter the banking system for EJ at all. I mean if you wanna put limits on the bank fine, but do it like it is on test, your bank is over limit you can take stuff out, but you can't put stuff in. I really don't like the boxes.

Unless the EJ bank was made intentionally annoying to encourage people spend money.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buy a vault token, make x new EJ accounts, move the stuff from the bank to the vault and from the vault to the side accounts till your bank is empty/usable.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't get why they felt the need to alter the banking system for EJ at all. I mean if you wanna put limits on the bank fine, but do it like it is on test, your bank is over limit you can take stuff out, but you can't put stuff in. I really don't like the boxes.

Unless the EJ bank was made intentionally annoying to encourage people spend money.
From what I have read, they are also patting their backs over that new gump (jewelry box, EJ bank) and how it is "not scriptable". They must have brainstormed very hard how to deter scripters from abusing EJ. Seems they are so deep in fear some guy might find some way to abuse it, they are totally forgetting that most players just want an enjoyable experience.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have read, they are also patting their backs over that new gump (jewelry box, EJ bank) and how it is "not scriptable". They must have brainstormed very hard how to deter scripters from abusing EJ. Seems they are so deep in fear some guy might find some way to abuse it, they are totally forgetting that most players just want an enjoyable experience.
Yeah, that's dumb.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about the DEVs aren't stupid and we all know that all EJ Accounts will became is mass storage containers. So I don't have a house I will just open EJ Accounts or gee I wish I had a second house on another shard, I know I will just open more EJ Accounts.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about the DEVs aren't stupid and we all know that all EJ Accounts will became is mass storage containers. So I don't have a house I will just open EJ Accounts or gee I wish I had a second house on another shard, I know I will just open more EJ Accounts.
Kinda what I mean. Some scaremongering about how it will abused, and voila, a system is born that is a pain to players and abusers alike.

Even worse: What you suggest is still possible and not mitigated at all. So in the end a dedicated cheater can still abuse it, while it is a pain to many legitimate players. Sounds familiar? :D Welcome to Ultima Online:spider:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, if you were of a mind to abuse the system for storage (who cares) you can still do so, I doubt the devs care about that all that much, as it doesn't effect gameplay at all. Secondly, I don't see how the weird click to add click to take out box system bank that EJ uses has any effect on in. If the bank was the same as any other bank it wouldn't be any different.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kinda what I mean. Some scaremongering about how it will abused, and voila, a system is born that is a pain to players and abusers alike.

Even worse: What you suggest is still possible and not mitigated at all. So in the end a dedicated cheater can still abuse it, while it is a pain to many legitimate players. Sounds familiar? :D Welcome to Ultima Online:spider:
Best post all day. This is exactly it. They are so worried about people using EJ's for storage that people comming back to play as an EJ account can't use their bank box at all. Its completely stupid. I would really like to see subscription numbers since EJ started. I doubt it has even moved the needle.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best post all day. This is exactly it. They are so worried about people using EJ's for storage that people comming back to play as an EJ account can't use their bank box at all. Its completely stupid. I would really like to see subscription numbers since EJ started. I doubt it has even moved the needle.
I don't understand why they would care about people using EJ for extra storage. It has no effect on game play, and they can still do it anyway. I feel like there has to be another reason they made this system. Though I don't really know what it could be.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a huge difference between 125 items in your backpack and 125 items (plus comm deeds) in your unlimited weight bank box.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a huge difference between 125 items in your backpack and 125 items (plus comm deeds) in your unlimited weight bank box.
They could have limited the regular bank boxes weight and item limit and gotten the same effect, and left players that aren't using EJ for extra storage (who are the majority, I would wager) with the easier to use banks. As for the weight, most anything with weight can be comm deeded in a pack as well as in the bank. People still have access to unlimited extra storage. The slight logistical annoyance isn't a good enough reason to make a whole new (and inferior) bank system, especially if it's going to be one of the first experiences of a new/returning player.

I mean seriously, I could have 100 characters holding 12k items for me right now with EJ as is. Of course I still don't know why it matters, as it has no meaningful effect on game play.

uokings7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a veteran of this game, playing since 1998, I will say that EJ convinced me to subscribe to a couple of my old accounts just for the items in my banks. And I don't have a problem with that. I would have had to pay just to log in to them before EJ. Sometimes you have to be happy with what you get. This is one of those cases.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a veteran of this game, playing since 1998, I will say that EJ convinced me to subscribe to a couple of my old accounts just for the items in my banks. And I don't have a problem with that. I would have had to pay just to log in to them before EJ. Sometimes you have to be happy with what you get. This is one of those cases.
The rough part is if you sub just to clean out your bank box, and intend to play EJ, you have to wait 3 months to do so.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I mean seriously, I could have 100 characters holding 12k items for me right now with EJ as is.
And I imagine there are some who are OCD enough to keep track of the bank boxes of 100 characters - way too much work for me :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I imagine there are some who are OCD enough to keep track of the bank boxes of 100 characters - way too much work for me :)
I really doubt most people need storage that bad. My house is packed with ****, and I still have room for like 1000 items. IMO let people use EJ accounts for storage, who cares. I care more about EJ being a good playing experience.

Syncros

Adventurer
They simply could've just made a separate bank tab for Vets returning as EJ. Instead we got those with over the item unable to even use their bank.