• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

castles

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are any lots just the slab
If so I’ll use all my accounts to vote for it

I’ve seen a lot of the new designs most are nice but none come close to what in I would like to have.
I think most would agree just give us custom plots to build and be done with all this BS

Syncros

Adventurer
Yea just give us custom plots and have some premade houses on the tool for those that want to use it.

How many ppl are even going to view all the castles/ keeps before saying screw that and just vote for one.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Borg cube builders are asking for votes..i'll take a blank slab myself...

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand wanting the blank canvas to work on. But I don't have the time nor the creativity to build on my own. I inquired once or twice about building up my current castle but people understandably charge way more than I can afford. So for me, I'll take a pre-built design that leaves some room for additions.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People complain about the Castles now just wait till alls they see are a bunch of empty plots. The empty plot idea might be a great idea if a lot more castles were being modded/added on to but they are not. Selecting an empty plot would be the stupidest thing ever.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Since they already said no to castle sized plots I think anything that's unbuilt will likely be disqualified for lacking an actual castle of any description. Bare plots in game are already annoying, castle sized ones would be more so. It's not going to happen.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since they already said no to castle sized plots I think anything that's unbuilt will likely be disqualified for lacking an actual castle of any description. Bare plots in game are already annoying, castle sized ones would be more so. It's not going to happen.
You're probably right about them saying no to customizable castle plots via the house sign.
There is no mention however about them saying no to plots made for customizing with player crafted granite walls and floors. If there is i would like to see it.

With the exception of roofs there really is so much more you can do with player crafted granite walls / tiles. WAY more.
Not to mention the boon the crafters, miners and plant growers for dyes would see from it.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
in the end iam happy as basically 95% are cubes which most likely will be disqualified as they wanted no cubes.
that leaves behind 5% which are well done. including mine...

funnywise i got in touch with some persons who sell castles on regular base and said: you have a new customer IF i get my design on prod.
i hope that animate some which their quadrillion accounts to vote for me :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd be more than happy to vote for a blank slate if those crappy add on tiles didn't suck and not allow Circle of Transparency to work ... but since you can't see with CoT using those crappy tiles and the tiles would add 10X the lag NO I won't vote for that.

Angleswings

Adventurer
I have no expectations for this Voting Idea.
This is as Bad as the Gov Election system, I saw people yesterday gating 20 toons or more to vote, toons named, paid to win and so on, also this is not fair, imagine huge guilds like LLTS where all the members will vote for their guild mates also something else to point , Japanese players have a really big community and they really stick together when they want something. This voting system should not be on who get the more votes, they should have pick 5 random players or Mods or whatever and than pick 5 castles and 5 keeps and than have some sort of public vote.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree the system is very flawed, I also feel a few of the winners have already been chosen ( very sad to have such mistrust in a leader of a pancaking game ) I also feel that the next pub will have a few more prechosen winners as well (Sad)

Not sure why they have to make every aspect of this game so complex and dysfunctional.

Just Give Us Customizable Lots ! Then We ALL Win !

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree the system is very flawed, I also feel a few of the winners have already been chosen ( very sad to have such mistrust in a leader of a pancaking game ) I also feel that the next pub will have a few more prechosen winners as well (Sad)

Not sure why they have to make every aspect of this game so complex and dysfunctional.

Just Give Us Customizable Lots ! Then We ALL Win !
Because they hired someone who reminds me of my Brother... who took every simple game and added so many rules and such that it was so complicated that only he could ever win at it...

However I said from day one of this fiasco that it will be a popularity contest... because sadly people like me who took the time to actually visit each and every entry to be certain that I was choosing the one entry that I really would actually use... are few and far between and sadly there are a lot more corrup individuals who yes will pay for the hideously ugly designs to win... and you know it. But you know what else... I have a castle and keep.... and i have ZERO intention of using a crap design.... so win if they will but you won't see but one of those designs ever used. If you do folk will quickly find that the layout sucks more than the current one... and they will go back to traditional. The reason many of us has a castle in the first place is simple... STORAGE... that's it nothing more... it certainly isn't how it looks or it's functionality. As that sucks.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why aren’t they at least doing it per email account.
That would stop people with multiple accounts (like me) from casting multiple votes for one castle/ keep

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As with everything in UO human nature and greed will spoilt it for all. :( Such a shame when people spent so much time making these designs. I thought the Devs were going to check each entry to make sure it was at least achievable as a pre-built house.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As with everything in UO human nature and greed will spoilt it for all. :( Such a shame when people spent so much time making these designs. I thought the Devs were going to check each entry to make sure it was at least achievable as a pre-built house.
Even they didn't want to go through 300 plots. Which is kinda sad.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't want a blank slab....building all those walls/pavers etc. is a pain, and they don't work with CoT so decorating is impossible, no thank you.

I'd rather have a nicely shaped outer design with lots of empty space on the inside, few walls, no tiny rooms.....we all have our idea of what a perfect place is...but for me it's NOT a blank slate.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put 5 small rooms into the plot I messed about with, #114
2 were jail cells, 2 were broom closets and 1 was the W.C. :D

It's a shame though as the bare plot looks nothing like what I designed when it had vines on the walls, banners on the front walls, lovely gardens ect. but hey ho....doesn't matter now anyway.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as long as we're airing gripes -

it was my hope that this long awaited tool for castle design would be complete, alas......

• sincerely disappointed that this 'tool' didn't come with all of the castle components, really is not fair to all these dedicated builders
  • we've been told that nothing that isn't on the 'tool' will be part of the design... but we can make components with the stonework which should already be on the 'tool' to design a true castle and at bare minimum these should be allowed as part of the design
so, the tool that we waited for is simply a large enough plot (when it should be sitting on the ground) and a copy of the last save of one of our designs

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just realized how many castles and keeps there are. 1 thr 50 have good chance. not sure if people will really look at them after seeing 100 or more lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can weed them out here: The Castle Contest Voting-- Community House Previews (IMAGE HEAVY)

Brought to you by the Official Forum of Endless Journey and the best taming forum on the internet!
That thread was a life saver. There are so many solutions that are of no interest to me, so with that I was able to get the list down to a few castles I could check up on. I was a bit disappointed though - as they did not live up to their exterior. I think there is a consensus now that players do not want interior doors (just imagine opening all those every time you play) and yet there are so many that have them. I am looking forward to the next round.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That thread was a life saver. There are so many solutions that are of no interest to me, so with that I was able to get the list down to a few castles I could check up on. I was a bit disappointed though - as they did not live up to their exterior. I think there is a consensus now that players do not want interior doors (just imagine opening all those every time you play) and yet there are so many that have them. I am looking forward to the next round.
I agree and there are so many that are TOO BUSY.... I can't imagine putting my things in them because the house itself is so loud you'd never see anything you put in there. Just because you CAN use every tileset in the game doesn't mean you should put it all in one house. Remember people own castles for the storage and to display all their stuff... if you can't get around in it any better than the current why bother?

Teleporters... While yes they are space savers imagine if you have a heavy chest... you can't get that up to another floor if all you have is teleporters... not without taking it one pile at a time or having to deed and undeed everything... is that really what you want to do when you deco or put your things away?

Personally, I don't want anyone putting in water and lava features... I want to do my own deco... I don't want to be permanently stuck with that there taking up all the space. Lava tiles I get from Champs are great if I want lava somewhere... and I can walk on that. As for water, I'd rather do goza's or carpet water though I wish the DEVs would give us decorative water tiles like the sand, grass, and snow we have... I want space to deco...

And all you haters who hate the boxes I have to ask have you all seen what people do with castles now??? They use tiles to build up a level or 2 now... into a giant box to deco and put out all their things... And for you who hate the current stone, it is what we have to work with...

I saw a lot of nice designs that were marble and such but had BIG giant open rooms... what are you going to do with that? Put those stone walls in there? How horrible will that look? Bad-mouth that stone all you want but at least when you put your own walls in they match... You think the DEVs are going to give us the ability to craft every wall in the game you are delusional... Pretty sure that's never going to happen. They can't even give us 4 proper facings for stuff... and you want them to do that? As well they can't even get the perspective to look consistent or right...

As for the floors for me at least I'd rather have them look "boring" and consistent and use carpet and such to decorate rather than having crazy patterns all over that detract from my stuff I'm trying to display.

And for the love of pete please walk through your design when your done and make sure all the stairs, teleporters, doors and such work properly...

Flow is also important... it's good to have good flow... getting around your place needs to be less tedious than what we have. Much of what I hate about the current castle is what a pain it is to get from point A to point B... Open Door, Stop, Open Door 2 steps stop, open door... up here around there down there run run run..... finally.

And I guess I'm super picky but nothing I hate more than single flight stairs and single doors. Infact I'd prefer if you just didn't put in many doors at all....

And finally... Remember some people live in FEL or on Siege and if you lived in Fel or Siege some of those designs would make it open season on you... how do you like getting killed in your own home? While it may be cute to leave all that stuff open and exposed in Tram... it's not so cute in Fel or on Siege. Heres a thing to think about... around 1/2 of all castles and keeps are in Fel... Just so you know.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m not sure why but I’m only allowed to vote once I thought it was 3 per account

Anyone else having this problem

“This election is rigged”

:pint:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You're all so bratty.

They don't want to give a humungous plot for you to make awful boxes with. They're giving you the chance to engage, and create a real design that won't be pollution to the world, and come to a unified result.

You cried for this opportunity for years, get it, and it's not shiny enough

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can we see how many votes each castle/keep has.

(Stupid question im sure)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought it would have made more sense to have one stone for Keeps and One for Castles so you could vote for your favorite of each rather than just one vote per account period...

Good thing I have a lot of accounts. But at the same time I know there are several people with FAR more accounts than me.