• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can somebody explain the advantage of the new health bar system over the old one? Maybe I'm just dumb and stuck in the old ways, but it still seems to much easier for me to drag the health bars of the enemies I want to target off to the side, as in the EC or the old Pinco's.
before you had to drag the bar, position it, cast the spell then target. Now you just drag, is already positioned and you just have to target. I don't see what is the problem about that...
Also dragging stuff around consumes more resources than simply creating the bar in a fixed position, which in general improves the performances :)

I was used to dragging them when on my bard, to keep track of who was fighting who.... I don't have a new method yet.
Keep the pinned bars ordered by appearance and they will always be sorted in same order you have drag them.

Yes, I find them cumbersome also but I do like to have them appear when the monster/player/guildie/friend/etc appear but like you, I haven't found a working method. To me it's the bar areas take up so much space and it's hard to organize them without taking half the screen, but I do like the appearance of the healthbars when they appear on screen without pulling them.

I also have Yadd's problem, they lock and then it's the worst of both worlds but I know Pinco has said this is the server side so what can he/we do to get around this? I have tried closing them and reopening them and that doesn't work, logging out and back in seems to work but you can't say time out to everyone around you when you're fighting. I have a couple of friends who play the vanilla EC and they say they don't have a problem. I'm scared to try the vanilla EC cause Pinco said it would mess up when you changed back so I dare not test, everything else is working so well right now and I'm not willing to jeopardize that and Pinco's is so far superior in my opinion that I sure don't want to get it messed up and have hours or days of work to straighten it out.
Having multiple dockspots like before also takes half of the screen, is not that if you separate them it takes less space, you just have to move them outside the game area where they won't bother you, or use the alpha mode to make them more transparent :p

The old system used to destroy, re-create and re-position the bars continuously (and keep forcefully to ask updates from the server) eating a HUGE amount of resources, the current system work as the client bars were designed to act: create the bar, re-position it if needed and get the updates when the server sends them. Obviously if the client is not receiving any update the bar won't update.

In this last patch I've added something to get updates more aggressively, maybe it will help :D

This happened a few minutes ago, my pet bar shows up on the Mobiles and even closing and reopening them, it stays on the Mobiles.
These are errors I think, I can't figure out the code for the errors for new ones.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [MapCommon.WaypointMouseOver]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Map/MapCommon.lua"]:1108: attempt to index field 'SOSWaypoints' (a nil value)

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.

View attachment 85580
yay! you found another amazing client bug... probably by crossing a server line the followers list got erased... check if this workaround fix the problem or not...

Switching back and forth EC Pinco’s messes up things? Uh, oh, I switch back and forth all the time - is that why I can't get health bars to work at all? :oops:
You should check for errors to be sure, but the main issue of switching UI is that makes your profile dirty, and since the client is such a work of art, after a while you'll have to delete it completely or you'll start having troubles.

I switch back and forth, too, mostly to resolve issues.

For instance, this morning I can't use the Stealing skill. Despite standing one tile away (the items are in my beetle's backpack), I'm told they are out of range. I can steal it if I use a macro or last target, though.
That's a bug with the new targeting protection system, and if noone reports this kind of stuff it will never get fixed.

Even if it sounds impossible I don't magically know everything that is broken, in fact I don't know if something is broken until someone reports it :D

I also switch when trying to add things to the hotbars. My characters all have similar hotbars, and "H" is always primary heal. "B" is always enhanced bandage. But depending on if I'm on my warrior or tamer, the targets are different. So "H" might be heal myself, but I need an "Alt-H" to heal my pet. Pinco's says I can only have 1 of those on my hotbars. So I switch to Vanilla, put the extra heal icon on my hotbar, then switch back to Pinco's and it all works like I want it to.
This is paranoia not an UI limitation... as said before: the only things that you cannot have more than once are spells/actions that have only 1 possible target (or no target at all) and make no sense to have more than once. Healing spells are ALLOWED, for bandages you have bandage self/bandage target/etc... so it's pointless to switch UI to do what you already CAN do.... :p

Now in this patch I've done something interesting: when the don't have the mobile data, it will show a purple bar with NO DATA written on it, so you'll know what's going on :p
That will mean that you did not get the data from the server at all...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I see are bars that pop up and disappear - I can’t figure out what pinning is supposed to do - I feel a total lack of control over the bars - I’ll study it again tonight and try to be more specific, maybe with screen shots

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I see are bars that pop up and disappear - I can’t figure out what pinning is supposed to do - I feel a total lack of control over the bars - I’ll study it again tonight and try to be more specific, maybe with screen shots
try with a new profile on TC so you'll understand :p

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This is paranoia not an UI limitation... as said before: the only things that you cannot have more than once are spells/actions that have only 1 possible target (or no target at all) and make no sense to have more than once. Healing spells are ALLOWED, for bandages you have bandage self/bandage target/etc... so it's pointless to switch UI to do what you already CAN do.... :p
Ok, I'm paranoid. :)

Ok, I have Macer/Tamer (I know, I like weird templates). I drag the bandages to the hotbar and set the target to "stored" and store my pet. I set the hotkey to "B" for bandage.

I also want to use bandages for healing, targeting myself, and set the hotkey to "H". I drag the bandages to the hotbar… and I can't. I'm only allowed one.

I unload Pinco's, drag the bandages, set the hotkey, reload Pinco's.

Fixed. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I'm paranoid. :)

Ok, I have Macer/Tamer (I know, I like weird templates). I drag the bandages to the hotbar and set the target to "stored" and store my pet. I set the hotkey to "B" for bandage.

I also want to use bandages for healing, targeting myself, and set the hotkey to "H". I drag the bandages to the hotbar… and I can't. I'm only allowed one.

I unload Pinco's, drag the bandages, set the hotkey, reload Pinco's.

Fixed. :)
for bandages you have the bandage, then the action bandage self, then the action bandage target then you can make any macro you want for it :p
The bandages are limited otherwise noone will use the actions...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Or I can use the bandages. :p I just have to switch to Vanilla EC to do it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or I can use the bandages. :p I just have to switch to Vanilla EC to do it.
if you like to scramble your character profile is a good idea :D
no but seriously for that very purpose is not the best thing to do... you have 2 better maccros that could do the same thing without editing every second:
1) bandage (cursor target) -> wait for target -> target most injured follower

2) bandage (cursor target) -> wait for target -> stored pet 1(1-5), and then you store the pet you want with the other action without editing the macro again :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco not sure if it's possible but could you have a separate sort for the Foe Side and the Friend Side? I'd like to sort Friends by Health and Foes by distance.

Grummelbart

Visitor
I don't know what's changed in the last 24 hours or so. I've now often frozen the client up to 45 seconds, mostly in dungeons with the side effect that our chars dies. Yesterday evening this was the norm at the Balron in Fan Fancer Doyo (both PCs). And at my place about 15 minutes ago in Deceit - Crypts (Lichlord and Silver Serpent's room).

The same problem exists on my wife's PC with different Profiles and Chars.

Another Broadsword problem or one with PincosUO?

Any idea?

Error-Log

Code:
18-07-2018 09-17-13 <string>: NO PLAYER ID!!!

18-07-2018 09-17-13 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist

17-8-2018 21-2-15 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMStaminaTooltip does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window AdvancedStatusWindowMANAManaTooltip does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window AdvancedStatusWindowHPHealthTooltip does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'CircleImageSetTextureScale': Window AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMPortrait does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'CircleImageSetTexture': Window AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMPortrait does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'StatusBarSetCurrentValue': StatusBar AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMFill does not exist.

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'StatusBarSetMaximumValue': StatusBar AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMFill does not exist.

17-07-2018 19-39-31 <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/QueryWindow/QueryWindow.lua"]:131: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'y' (a nil value)

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowGetDimensions': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowText does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonThreeButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonTwoButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonOneButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonThreeButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonTwoButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonOneButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonThreeLabel does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonTwoLabel does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonOneLabel does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowText does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowClearAnchors': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindow does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 ERROR: Unable to create window: QueriedLegacySettingsWindow, parent window MainQueryWindow is invalid

17-07-2018 10-57-28 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window MobileBar_55845523HealthBarValue does not exist

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to say, Pinco, what you have done over the last few months in the many patches and hundreds of hours of work has definitely worked!!! I have never played the game in EC with your mod when it was as good and smooth and crispy clear as it is now. What you have done has been amazing, especially considering the workarounds you have to do to get the client to bow down to your wishes.
I know I'm the first to complain or whine but I only do it because I know you listen and you fix it if it's possible to fix and you have no idea how that makes me and I'm sure a lot of others on this forum feel to have you respond the way you do, you're always there with a suggestion to make things better even if it's something I've done and I appreciate that. Congrats on a great job, keep it up!!!

PS. That suggestion to make sure we run the client UI at 0.85 I think was the root of a lot of my evil and it seems since I've changed it to the recommended 0.85 it has make an amazing difference in the performance and smoothness of the client. And the healthbars are getting a whole lot better too! Now if I could just get my targetting to not kill my guildmates Colossus and EV's and other summons I'd be a super happy man.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've hard to hard reset and reboot today, @Pinco. I think I can duplicate it. I deleted my character profile and error log in advance to be as clean as possible.

I'm riding a beetle. I dismount, open the beetle backpack. I dragged an item outside (not sure if that made a difference, but that's what I did). With the beetle backpack still open, I mount. Under followers, the beetle hotbar now says "NO DATA" and everything freezes. A hard reset is necessary. No errors were generated.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
give it a try :)

I don't know what's changed in the last 24 hours or so. I've now often frozen the client up to 45 seconds, mostly in dungeons with the side effect that our chars dies. Yesterday evening this was the norm at the Balron in Fan Fancer Doyo (both PCs). And at my place about 15 minutes ago in Deceit - Crypts (Lichlord and Silver Serpent's room).

The same problem exists on my wife's PC with different Profiles and Chars.

Another Broadsword problem or one with PincosUO?

Any idea?

Error-Log

Code:
18-07-2018 09-17-13 <string>: NO PLAYER ID!!!

18-07-2018 09-17-13 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist

17-8-2018 21-2-15 RROR: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMStaminaTooltip does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window AdvancedStatusWindowMANAManaTooltip does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window AdvancedStatusWindowHPHealthTooltip does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'CircleImageSetTextureScale': Window AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMPortrait does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'CircleImageSetTexture': Window AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMPortrait does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'StatusBarSetCurrentValue': StatusBar AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMFill does not exist.

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'StatusBarSetMaximumValue': StatusBar AdvancedStatusWindowSTAMFill does not exist.

17-07-2018 19-39-31 <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/QueryWindow/QueryWindow.lua"]:131: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'y' (a nil value)

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowGetDimensions': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowText does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonThreeButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonTwoButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonOneButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonThreeButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonTwoButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonOneButton does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonThreeLabel does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonTwoLabel does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowButtonOneLabel does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindowText does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 Error in function call 'WindowClearAnchors': Window QueriedLegacySettingsWindow does not exist

17-07-2018 19-39-31 ERROR: Unable to create window: QueriedLegacySettingsWindow, parent window MainQueryWindow is invalid

17-07-2018 10-57-28 Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window MobileBar_55845523HealthBarValue does not exist
those errors are 1 month old, you should clean the log :D
Anyway now should be better :)

I've hard to hard reset and reboot today, @Pinco. I think I can duplicate it. I deleted my character profile and error log in advance to be as clean as possible.

I'm riding a beetle. I dismount, open the beetle backpack. I dragged an item outside (not sure if that made a difference, but that's what I did). With the beetle backpack still open, I mount. Under followers, the beetle hotbar now says "NO DATA" and everything freezes. A hard reset is necessary. No errors were generated.
It should be the same problem of Grummelbart, try now :)

I just want to say, Pinco, what you have done over the last few months in the many patches and hundreds of hours of work has definitely worked!!! I have never played the game in EC with your mod when it was as good and smooth and crispy clear as it is now. What you have done has been amazing, especially considering the workarounds you have to do to get the client to bow down to your wishes.
I know I'm the first to complain or whine but I only do it because I know you listen and you fix it if it's possible to fix and you have no idea how that makes me and I'm sure a lot of others on this forum feel to have you respond the way you do, you're always there with a suggestion to make things better even if it's something I've done and I appreciate that. Congrats on a great job, keep it up!!!

PS. That suggestion to make sure we run the client UI at 0.85 I think was the root of a lot of my evil and it seems since I've changed it to the recommended 0.85 it has make an amazing difference in the performance and smoothness of the client. And the healthbars are getting a whole lot better too! Now if I could just get my targetting to not kill my guildmates Colossus and EV's and other summons I'd be a super happy man.
What kind of target are you using?

Grummelbart

Visitor
Merci,
will try it - new errors after 2 minutes shame - tamer&cu sidhe vs earth elementals and cave troll.

Code:
18-07-2018 18-58-06 <string>: NO PLAYER ID!!!
18-07-2018 18-58-06 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist
UI scale is 0.85 as recommended last time.
Edit: 30 Minutes Destard, no crash so far.
Edit 2: Done a Champ, still no lag or freezes / crashes so far.
Got some new errors in the Log while doing Semidar, champion of the Abyss.
Code:
18-07-2018 20-57-56 <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:868: attempt to call a nil value
18-07-2018 20-56-50 Script Call failed - Error while calling [Interface.UpdateTarget]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:868: attempt to call a nil value
18-07-2018 20-43-20 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist
PS: The log is from the last hour, no clue why it shows july.

Great Job, as always Pinco for President!

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merci,
will try it - new errors after 2 minutes shame - tamer&cu sidhe vs earth elementals and cave troll.

Code:
18-07-2018 18-58-06 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist
UI scale is 0.85 as recommended last time.
Edit: 30 Minutes Destard, no crash so far.
Edit 2: Done a Champ, still no lag or freezes / crashes so far.
Got some new errors in the Log while doing Semidar, champion of the Abyss.
Code:
18-07-2018 20-57-56 <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:868: attempt to call a nil value
18-07-2018 20-56-50 Script Call failed - Error while calling [Interface.UpdateTarget]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:868: attempt to call a nil value
18-07-2018 20-43-20 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window WarButton does not exist
PS: The log is from the last hour, no clue why it shows july.

Great Job, as always Pinco for President!
that should be fixed now :)
The no player ID error happens especially when you copy some other character profile...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
try with a new profile on TC so you'll understand :p
The bars are behaving better with a fresh profile, thanks :)
But ... one big disadvantage for the bard :(
With EC, I can discord from 18 tiles (120 disco, 120 music) - with Pinco's disco won't work unless I'm 9 tiles away - that's too close for a Scalis - what's going on? Can I change something so I can discord from father away?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What should the delay on the target healthbars be set at? I believe it was set at 5S to start, correct? If I use the 5S fighting mobs, especially smaller lower hitpoint mobs, it really causes confusion for me, because they never seem to go down. Today I was in Exodus Dungeon getting keys and in Twisted Weald doing spawn with guild. The smaller mobs are dead before their lifebar even shows damage.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With EC, I can discord from 18 tiles (120 disco, 120 music) - with Pinco's disco won't work unless I'm 9 tiles away - that's too close for a Scalis - what's going on? Can I change something so I can discord from father away?
Mmm probably the distance formula I'm using is an old one, I need to find the right one... :/

What should the delay on the target healthbars be set at? I believe it was set at 5S to start, correct? If I use the 5S fighting mobs, especially smaller lower hitpoint mobs, it really causes confusion for me, because they never seem to go down. Today I was in Exodus Dungeon getting keys and in Twisted Weald doing spawn with guild. The smaller mobs are dead before their lifebar even shows damage.
You have to do some tests and see when you start lagging by making it faster. For sure if there are few mobiles around you can set it to real time, just remember to raise it back during EM events :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco thanks for the change to the Sort function in the Friends/Fiends Mobile bars. I set friends to Health and Fiends to Distance and it worked great during a Scalis hunt last night.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the formula was correct, it was the skill value that was not detected, try now :)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Pinco, can you use default colors for runebooks? I'm having trouble seeing some of the locations due to the color of the font.

Vanilla EC:
upload_2018-8-19_17-23-4.png

With Pinco's:
upload_2018-8-19_17-24-54.png

I can't read the 4th entry at all.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, When I honored balrons tonight their bars turned purple as expected but then disappeared from the Mobiles Bar, they had been automatically going to the Pinned bar the other day.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any hope that the Pet Healthbars will ever start working again instead of just for a few minutes then stop updating completely? Mine does this on both my tamers on separate accounts and this has gone on for several updates and over a week now.

Is there a workaround that some of you have found? If so, please share .

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Vlad in the Skara Brae blacksmith wouldn't give me a BOD this morning, but his coworkers did.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, can you use default colors for runebooks? I'm having trouble seeing some of the locations due to the color of the font.

Vanilla EC:
View attachment 85708

With Pinco's:
View attachment 85709

I can't read the 4th entry at all.
it could be done, but at the moment the gump data inside the client is half rotten and it's basically impossible to know which label is what, this has been broken for years and I've reported it several times, but they never fix anything :/
You are already lucky to see some of the labels recolored properly... anyway if you can't read the selection there is the same name at the bottom of the left page :)

@Pinco, When I honored balrons tonight their bars turned purple as expected but then disappeared from the Mobiles Bar, they had been automatically going to the Pinned bar the other day.
it should work now :)

Is there any hope that the Pet Healthbars will ever start working again instead of just for a few minutes then stop updating completely? Mine does this on both my tamers on separate accounts and this has gone on for several updates and over a week now.

Is there a workaround that some of you have found? If so, please share .
with this patch I've added my last idea, who know, maybe it will help...

Vlad in the Skara Brae blacksmith wouldn't give me a BOD this morning, but his coworkers did.
maybe the name wasn't available, it could happen, let me know if it happens again and where that pesky blacksmith is hiding :p

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Pinco Hello and I hope this message finds you well. I noticed tonight I don't know if it is intermittent or something to do with the latest Patch but when I open my Vendors Backpack in legacy Pack mode the items inside are not there I have to toggle through all the modes of backpacks by pressing the green button 3 times. which wouldn't be a problem but when I try to reload items on the vendor it doesn't align correctly and I have to load vendor using the pesky Classic Client.

The Errors in the Error log from tonight date and time I atempted to reload my vendors is as follows

20-08-2018 19-22-43 Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:3755: attempt to index local 'AllItems' (a nil value)

20-08-2018 12-18-00 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

20-08-2018 12-10-51 <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:871: attempt to call a nil

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Hello and I hope this message finds you well. I noticed tonight I don't know if it is intermittent or something to do with the latest Patch but when I open my Vendors Backpack in legacy Pack mode the items inside are not there I have to toggle through all the modes of backpacks by pressing the green button 3 times. which wouldn't be a problem but when I try to reload items on the vendor it doesn't align correctly and I have to load vendor using the pesky Classic Client.

The Errors in the Error log from tonight date and time I atempted to reload my vendors is as follows

20-08-2018 19-22-43 Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:3755: attempt to index local 'AllItems' (a nil value)

20-08-2018 12-18-00 Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

20-08-2018 12-10-51 <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:871: attempt to call a nil
try now :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You got my vote for President!!!! I have fought with tamers and archers today and the healthbars are working like a charm!!!! Got my fingers crossed they stay that way and are that way when I get in a bigger fight with guild. Thank you again Pinco for answering us and fixing what we tell you is broken ---- and FAST too!!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One small problem, not a biggie but annoying - I am getting this on every account, every character when I open the game, you can click and make it go away but it must be a lil' bug.
Screenshot (110).png

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One small problem, not a biggie but annoying - I am getting this on every account, every character when I open the game, you can click and make it go away but it must be a lil' bug.
View attachment 85837
I noticed that, and it's something that makes no sense since all the dockspots are the same, and it happens only the first login... it must be yet another client glitch that I need to find a workaround for.... :/

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tried to import settings to another character, click accept and nothing happens, box just sits there. Presume one of these is the error.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/SettingsWindow/FindersKeepers.lua"]:1068: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

<string>: NO PLAYER ID!!!

Error in function call 'WindowSetDimensions': Window MainQueryWindow does not exist

Also just want to say that I appreciate the work you've done and how quickly you respond to bugs. Unlike Broadsword, who might fix something after knowing about it for 5 years. Maybe.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did an EM event today and I'm happy to say, the lag was manageable, much much better and no comparison to the last event I went to before your changes over the last couple of months. It was not great but certainly acceptable and at least I could move around steadily. It was just a preliminary event so no boss but a ton of the smaller monsters and probably about 50 or 60 people in attendance (counting the offsharders and their multi characters and bots).

I did have an awful time with the healthbars, I had the delay set to 5 seconds and that was no problem. This is hard to explain, but lemme try.

I was on my archer so no followers, except for my swampy.
I had guildmates there and I pinned their bars and their pets before it started and the pinned bars were set to appearance.
The mobile/friends bars were set to distance.
No party.
The mobile bars seemed to work very well but the pinned friends and their pets were jumping between the pinned and mobile/friends and bouncing back and forth like crazy. Pinned bars jumped back down to the mobile/friends, sometimes they disappeared but did return later but showed up in the mobiles/friends bars again. Then they'd disappear or jump back to the pinned bar. No way could I heal them with them jumping around like that. I wish I knew how to make a video because that was much too chaotic to explain in words.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried to import settings to another character, click accept and nothing happens, box just sits there. Presume one of these is the error.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/SettingsWindow/FindersKeepers.lua"]:1068: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

<string>: NO PLAYER ID!!!

Error in function call 'WindowSetDimensions': Window MainQueryWindow does not exist

Also just want to say that I appreciate the work you've done and how quickly you respond to bugs. Unlike Broadsword, who might fix something after knowing about it for 5 years. Maybe.

I did an EM event today and I'm happy to say, the lag was manageable, much much better and no comparison to the last event I went to before your changes over the last couple of months. It was not great but certainly acceptable and at least I could move around steadily. It was just a preliminary event so no boss but a ton of the smaller monsters and probably about 50 or 60 people in attendance (counting the offsharders and their multi characters and bots).

I did have an awful time with the healthbars, I had the delay set to 5 seconds and that was no problem. This is hard to explain, but lemme try.

I was on my archer so no followers, except for my swampy.
I had guildmates there and I pinned their bars and their pets before it started and the pinned bars were set to appearance.
The mobile/friends bars were set to distance.
No party.
The mobile bars seemed to work very well but the pinned friends and their pets were jumping between the pinned and mobile/friends and bouncing back and forth like crazy. Pinned bars jumped back down to the mobile/friends, sometimes they disappeared but did return later but showed up in the mobiles/friends bars again. Then they'd disappear or jump back to the pinned bar. No way could I heal them with them jumping around like that. I wish I knew how to make a video because that was much too chaotic to explain in words.
check for errors, I can't replicate it so it's possible something went wrong but without errors log we'll never know :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the errors from yesterday, I included one from day before that was a missing tooltip.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\Volume.log' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2874: table index is nil

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [Interface.UpdateTarget]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:884: attempt to concatenate field 'creaturename' (a wstring value)

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:884: attempt to concatenate field 'creaturename' (a wstring value)

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\33712473_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver]:
Invalid Parameter passed to 'error()'

<string>: MISSING TOOLTIP: 1157505

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the errors from yesterday, I included one from day before that was a missing tooltip.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\Volume.log' because it is being used by another process.

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2874: table index is nil

Script Call failed - Error while calling [Interface.UpdateTarget]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:884: attempt to concatenate field 'creaturename' (a wstring value)

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/CreaturesDB.lua"]:884: attempt to concatenate field 'creaturename' (a wstring value)

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\33712473_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver]:
Invalid Parameter passed to 'error()'

<string>: MISSING TOOLTIP: 1157505
nothing about the bars here, it must be something else, but I need to know how to replicate the problem in order to do something about it...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My Alchemy skill is missing. Last month, I trained up a character to 93.9 Alchemy. I logged in this morning, and Alchemy is 0.0.

upload_2018-8-25_5-42-6.png

upload_2018-8-25_5-42-51.png

Notice how the points don't add up. Points available of 257.9 means something is using 93.9 points.

I switched to Vanilla EC, voila, I have 93.9 Alchemy. I switch back to Pinco's, Alchemy is missing again.

Error log doesn't look helpful to me:

25-8-2018 5-39-41 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.
25-8-2018 5-39-39 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Alchemy skill is missing. Last month, I trained up a character to 93.9 Alchemy. I logged in this morning, and Alchemy is 0.0.

View attachment 86251

View attachment 86252

Notice how the points don't add up. Points available of 257.9 means something is using 93.9 points.

I switched to Vanilla EC, voila, I have 93.9 Alchemy. I switch back to Pinco's, Alchemy is missing again.

Error log doesn't look helpful to me:

25-8-2018 5-39-41 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.
25-8-2018 5-39-39 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

When I open a treasure map, this is basically what I get. Tried a different map and got something fairly similar. No errors. Not even sure if its Pinco's doing it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When I open a treasure map, this is basically what I get. Tried a different map and got something fairly similar. No errors. Not even sure if its Pinco's doing it.
No, that's not related to the UI, it looks like a corrupted game file...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The blacksmiths in Skara Brae (Vlad, Samson, Quentin) no longer let you use the hotbar icons to get a BOD. You have to use their paperdoll "Get a BOD" option.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The target protection thing is wonky with stealing out of containers, I get an out of range message each time.

Also, there is a new option in User Settings on the Graphics tab: Flying Animation

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to my guildmates in CC, some of the polished Meteorites are completely different from the ones I am seeing on test. When I get back on test I can get a list of the item #'s and colors if you need but not sure I have a complete set.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The blacksmiths in Skara Brae (Vlad, Samson, Quentin) no longer let you use the hotbar icons to get a BOD. You have to use their paperdoll "Get a BOD" option.

The target protection thing is wonky with stealing out of containers, I get an out of range message each time.

Also, there is a new option in User Settings on the Graphics tab: Flying Animation
stealing should work better, I've added the option weeks ago when they first added it :)

According to my guildmates in CC, some of the polished Meteorites are completely different from the ones I am seeing on test. When I get back on test I can get a list of the item #'s and colors if you need but not sure I have a complete set.
if it's a new crafting material, I no longer need them since there is no longer the crafting menu :D