• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Assist Macro for Potion Throwing?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried for two +hours to make a macro for throwing multipul potions. Only suceed in blowing myself up.

Use item
Target
Pause 1000
Use item
Last Target
Pause 1000
Use item
Last Target

Any advice on this?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've a feeling uo deliberately done something to prevent users from making macros to throw multiple explosion potions (was abused in pvp for a while)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, how dare people abuse a game mechanic, because that never happens. Personally I think players should be able to simply hold explotion potions in their hands and do damage to everyone around them, without taking damage themselves, you know...like the EQ spell !!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you use an explosion it creates a new item with a new ItemID (the explosion with a lit fuse). With simple UO hotkeys, fast hands, and good timing you can still throw 2-3 potions manually. However, this is impractical. Also, explosions are no longer seekers. They merely land in the spot where the person was when you targeted them (so no more "moving shot" explosions).

Your best bet is to just use a basic "use item" with a separate "last target" hotkey and spam away.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You cant throw potions anymore, they changed the way the potion lands / blows up in mid air so that it doesn't land at a moving players location, this was changed probably 5 ish years ago due to pvp abuse, it would only work if the target isnt moving

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the crazy idea of lobbing explosion potion with my thrower. So basically chucking one pot at a time is the best way?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had the crazy idea of lobbing explosion potion with my thrower. So basically chucking one pot at a time is the best way?
Yea, you used to be able to "machine gun" potions. They have since fixed that mechanic lol

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think these need a boost now. You should be able to play a PvP Alchy and they should be feared, you should need high dex, and GM or 120 tactics, even require wrestling and anatomy. A potion pouch similar to the quiver of infinity would also be sweet.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think these need a boost now. You should be able to play a PvP Alchy and they should be feared, you should need high dex, and GM or 120 tactics, even require wrestling and anatomy. A potion pouch similar to the quiver of infinity would also be sweet.
I dig this idea!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
actually alchemy has it's use in pvp (increases potion effect) and was used a lot when you were still able to throw double conflags. It still makes sense on some templates.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried Potion throwing Macro with the EC? Might try messing with that tomorrow aftef I get home from work.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally, got a UO Assist Macro for potion throwing. It will throw three Potions, but you have to manually target. Easiest way is to pull up the health bar.

Use item
Delay 1000
Use item
Delay 1000
Use item

If you run out of pots you manually have to reset item.

The Enhanced Client you can make an Auto Target potion throwing macro. Once you have your target set by single clicking. Hit your hot key.

Drop the potion in the first slot
Wait for Target
Cursor Current Target
Check Mark Enable Repeating
set the slider to 3

You can Semi-Auto with UO Assist or go Auto with the EC. I hope someone else finds this helpful.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This is a great idea if they actually did anything in this game that benefits the fel crowd.