• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor search not working properly?

Vinicius Peres

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm searching for easy/common items like Robe of the eclipse/equinox on Atlantic and I find 0.
Problem is there's a lot of people with them when you ask on general chat for instance.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Character Transfer Tokens and Full Soulstones are problematic on VS most of the time too. If you search for them with the low to high setting you will not find them. You'll see the frags and the shard bound tokens for cheap and it seems that this blocks expensive items from appearing.

If you flip your search from high to low you'll see full soulstones and character transfers again. This problem is made worse by the fact that it's an intermittent problem, sometimes they show, other times they don't with low to high. Try switching it with whatever item you're looking for.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Narrow your search with uncommon words like eclipse/equinox ... leave out common words. Even put properties on equipment, and u find what you search for..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The VS works nicely : Just make sure you check your options for search. They somehow default to som type of nonsense like search for items $22,000,000 and above etc. In the search gump x-out the 75 million and above and put the search to lowest price up. You will see that it works ok.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends a lot on your shard. On Atlantic VS will often just bail out due to sheer amount of items. I pretty much gave up selling SoTs since 90% of the time I couldn't even check the market prices with VS.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends a lot on your shard. On Atlantic VS will often just bail out due to sheer amount of items. I pretty much gave up selling SoTs since 90% of the time I couldn't even check the market prices with VS.
Search for them is easy if you put correct search criteria - like "transcendence tact" - it will show tact pinks... Just have to narrow down search so you hit the items you want.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Search for them is easy if you put correct search criteria - like "transcendence tact" - it will show tact pinks... Just have to narrow down search so you hit the items you want.
On Atlantic you still had so many SoTs of a single skill that this returned only an error (back before I completely stopped selling SoTs out of frustration over this). I'm pretty sure you didn't try that on Atlantic. SoTs were my main thing for quite a while, but pricing them became a constant PITA with VS bailing out on 90% of the searches.

Maybe it's better these days, but I rather doubt it.

E: I gave it a quick try and indeed all queries worked and gave results. That's cool news. I will give it another shot later when the Americans are awake and the shard is a bit more busy :) On the flipside, there were not many SoTs available at all, let alone 5.0s. Barely two pages for skills like taming or magery :eek:

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic you still had so many SoTs of a single skill that this returned only an error (back before I completely stopped selling SoTs out of frustration over this). I'm pretty sure you didn't try that on Atlantic. SoTs were my main thing for quite a while, but pricing them became a constant PITA with VS bailing out on 90% of the searches.

Maybe it's better these days, but I rather doubt it.

E: I gave it a quick try and indeed all queries worked and gave results. That's cool news. I will give it another shot later when the Americans are awake and the shard is a bit more busy :) On the flipside, there were not many SoTs available at all, let alone 5.0s. Barely two pages for skills like taming or magery :eek:
Yes - I use it to find prices to sell SoT's and SoA's on atl... but I always use spesific words, so it narrow down search to what I want.

In example if I want to search for hat of magi - I put stats: mr 4 then search for hat...and I get the hat of magi. If I only type hat of magi - it returns a lot of crappy hats instead.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes - I use it to find prices to sell SoT's and SoA's on atl... but I always use spesific words, so it narrow down search to what I want.

In example if I want to search for hat of magi - I put stats: mr 4 then search for hat...and I get the hat of magi. If I only type hat of magi - it returns a lot of crappy hats instead.
Yea, I see, for diverse stuff that works pretty well. Believe me or not, for SoTs it was quite different for a while..

Syncros

Adventurer
VS works ok sometimes and other times it's just weird with the results. Even more so yesterday.

There's times I have to type in the whole items name to find the item and then typing in part of the name it can't find it.

I also notice if you alt tab between programs during searches it breaks VS and you have to reopen it to get it working again.

Courvoisier

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am noticing that garg wing armor on my vendor does not show up under search at all. I did double check to make sure the opt out button wasn't checked. Other wing armor does show on search. Anyone have any suggestions I might have overlooked? Really hopin it's not a glitched vendor since this is at a guildie's house and haven't even seen him around in years, so not sure how I could replace the vendor when I am not actually friended to the house.