• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa's EM(s) - what's the story?

Trevelyan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Do we have EMs at the moment? Are we having events at all?

Just after I started playing again there was one event where lots of people went to a dungeon, golden monsters came and died, a golden man died and people started going nuts selling some golden armour.

That was a month ago - I have no context to any of that and have no idea if there's anything ongoing/currently planned at the moment. East Britain seems to be a wasteland of various event-related NPCs and it all just seems rather disconnected!

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we have EMs at the moment? Are we having events at all?

Just after I started playing again there was one event where lots of people went to a dungeon, golden monsters came and died, a golden man died and people started going nuts selling some golden armour.

That was a month ago - I have no context to any of that and have no idea if there's anything ongoing/currently planned at the moment. East Britain seems to be a wasteland of various event-related NPCs and it all just seems rather disconnected!

firstly, great to see you back. im afraid em events are now not worth attending (as you saw), they are simply invaded by the greedy from many shards who are simply there to sell any drop off for abot 250m a time. many suggestions have been put on here but none taken up. so suggestions again? make all drops shard bound, and next?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Things went downhill seriously after our beloved EM Kimmie was poached by another shard....events never seem to be advertised any more, nothing on stratics since last year, I checked the Town Crier at Brit Commons, nothing there either. Not even anything posted on the Official Europa facebook page since last September. I thought these events were supposed to be advertised in advance or Messana threw a hissy fit? :(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent a PM to the Europa EM on the UO forums and not heard anything back.

I want to know the team sizes for the PvP "king of the hill" event on 29th June.

Hopefully it won't be another "biggest zerg wins" type thing.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Send an email to the EM Swifty, I usually get a reponse within a couple of days. Their emails are on the lanterns at Brit Bank

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are posted on UO.com under the Events calendar now, another PvP event on Fri 29th June and then another Golden man "greedfest" on Sat 30th June.
Sadly I will be far too busy beta testing Fallout 76 to attend.....not that I think will regret missing either of them ;)

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Okay but what if a "shard citizen" gets unlucky instead of a player who came from a diff shard who drop the item and, then, sell it for thousand millions gp ? This happen everytime , i'm talking about something we can call "ethics" (well, sort of) . Anyway i never attended a event for the drop but just for the fun, to play with lots peoples and to work all together for a unique target . But hey, that's me :)

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No way! I would rather everyone at the event get a drop rather than making shard bound. I can't stand this new shard bound idea.
No way! I would rather everyone at the event get a drop rather than making shard bound. I can't stand this new shard bound idea.
why would you object to shard bound items? i agree that at events it would be good that everyone gets an item however what i propose is that its not worthwhile that bots from other shards merely come to a shard simply to get an item to sell moments later, and that is their only reason to be on europa. shard bound items would remove some of the greed whilst bringing back trade in rare items. why would you object to shard bound items?

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay but what if a "shard citizen" gets unlucky instead of a player who came from a diff shard who drop the item and, then, sell it for thousand millions gp ? This happen everytime , i'm talking about something we can call "ethics" (well, sort of) . Anyway i never attended a event for the drop but just for the fun, to play with lots peoples and to work all together for a unique target . But hey, that's me :)
i agree morgana, i for one will never attend theses scenarios whilst people attend them just for greeed and i wont buy these event items as i figure if nobody with buy the items then it wont be worth their while attending