• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brand New Siege Thief

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just reactivated one of my old accounts (sold my original thief account). Unfortunately, this account has none of my stealing skills, thus, I have to rebuild my Siege thief from scratch.

Ought to be fun, at least until I hit RoT (Siege).

Basic Ninja/Thief template...inexpensive to train and many skills I can train as I build up the gold in my account (lol, just a 10k balance after placing a 7x7 and purchasing a guild stone).

Stealing - 120
Ninja - 120
Snoop - 100
Hiding - 100
Tracking - 100
Detect Hidden - 100
Stealth - 80

No jewels needed, no healing, no magery to get around, so Ninja is a must so I can run around and heal.

Anyone interested in joining an active Siege thief guild, let me know...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 2

Hiding - 80.3
Snooping - 74.9
Tracking - 52.4
Ninjitsu - 50.3
Detect - 33.4
Stealth - 25.9
Stealing - 3.6

LONG WAY TO GO :(

...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there anyone left to steal from though?
It's a good question. I guess I'll find out.

I guess if stealing isn't fruitful, there are still plenty of players to loot from...which this template will work for as well...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 3

Hiding - 91.7
Snooping - 87
Tracking - 82.5
Stealth - 65.3
Ninjitsu - 53.8
Detect - 49.6
Stealing - 3.6

Got a lot done yesterday, but more to come, not comfortable going out to steal until I get my stealing up. Time to go buy a pack mule to work my stealing up...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 4

Hiding - 100
Snooping - 96.5
Tracking - 89.1
Stealth - 73.9
Ninjitsu - 68.1
Detect - 60
Stealing - 57.9

Again, another productive training day. Almost everything is in RoT (hopefully by the end of today they will). The biggest problem is finding chests to gain detect on. Since this is my old crafter, I do have GM tinkering and carpentry, but I'm not sure a GM level locked chest will let me gain at this level. May have to start wandering around dungeons to get past 60. We'll see...la

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope to see some more tales added to UO Thief soon then matey. Been pretty quiet there for ages now. :(

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I definitely plan on it :)

I typically add my stories to posts here at Stratics. Chad transferred those (of mine) from here to his site (with my permission)...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 5

Hiding - 100
Snooping - 100
Tracking - 98.2
Stealth - 80
Ninjitsu - 78.8
Stealing - 70.8
Detect - 70.1

Two more skills reached their locking points (Snooping and Stealth) and everything else is now at 70 (RoT). I joined the thief guild and got my first steal. Found my detect gained from 60 by detecting chests in the upper level of Despise. At this point I'll probably stop power gaming my skills and get to playing, so skill gains will really slow down, but I miss playing a thief :). Let's see what the folks on Siege have in their packs...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 6

Hiding - 100
Snooping - 100
Tracking - 100
Ninjitsu - 82.8
Detect - 82.7
Stealth - 80
Stealing - 77.1

Found myself rather busy yesterday so I spent most of the day logging in to get gains rather than playing. Did GM tracking, so that's one more skill completed :)

That being said, I am having a blast playing a thief again. Enough cannot be said for the excitement of stealing an item and getting chased and getting away with some new loot. Since this account isn't upgraded for the larger bank balance, it looks like I'm going to have to get a vendor to get rid of some of the items I have already acquired, lol. I doubt I'll get rich playing this way...but then again, I never played a thief to get rich in UO...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 7

Hiding - 100
Snooping - 100
Tracking - 100
Detect - 91.6
Ninjitsu - 90.1
Stealing - 86.9
Stealth - 80

Simple training now. Detect at this level gains on in town bank boxes. Ninja gains from Death Strike on mongbats or other weak monsters. Stealing is easy, just have a pack with a dye tub, when my timer dings, I set the bag on the ground around an NPC and steal the tub.

I placed a house on Buccs Den which will become the S|S (Secret Society) guild house. Once I've got my skills trained a bit more I'll open recruiting for anyone that wants to join a player run thief guild...la

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like fun I created a thief not to long ago for stealing things that spawn in the dungeons etc. But also can kill spawns with RC's and magery its alot of fun stealthing around everywhere.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 8

Detect - 100
Hiding - 100
Snooping - 100
Tracking - 100
Ninjitsu - 96.6
Stealing - 96.1
Stealth - 80

GM'd detect hidden and got both Ninja and Stealing into the 90's. Now will be the most boring part of training. I need to train these last two skills up to 120 . Once I hit 100 I'll only get a gain every 15 minutes...uggg. That being said, I will probably start doing some trade quests (selected Brit as my home town due to the gate in town that will allow me to do these quests quickly) so I can get some SoT's to sell so I can buy Ninja and Stealing SoTs.

Guild house is looking good. Will probably reach out to a few crafters to get it decorated, once I am trained up, I'll start recruiting...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 9

Stealing - 106.1
Ninjitsu - 100.5
Detect - 100
Hiding - 100
Snooping - 100
Tracking - 100
Stealth - 80

I ended up finding a 1.0 stealing SoT in someone's backpack while running around, so I helped myself to it :). Yesterday was another busy day irl, so most of the all I could do is log in to clock my gains. Today I should be able to spend some time working on the guildhouse and get it ready for new recruits...la