• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make ilshnear felucca ruleset

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love how this thread is being completely derailed and is left completely unchecked by the moderators. What a joke these forums are!! These mods need to stop with their favoritism and just do their jobs. Please remove all trolling posts and off topic posts or just close it since your inept.
Definition of trolling is not "Something Great DC disagrees with".

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Wow! You guys are still at it? I take my hat to all of you for your patience and tenacity!
Give it up already. Nothing will happen, quit waisting your stomach lining too. Too much tension does not help anybody. Did you check your Blood Pressures recently with all the negative Karma in this thread?
You guys are not getting any younger you know. It not worth arguing about this nonsense.
Give it up already..LOL.

Jeez..

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love how this thread is being completely derailed and is left completely unchecked by the moderators. What a joke these forums are!! These mods need to stop with their favoritism and just do their jobs. Please remove all trolling posts and off topic posts or just close it since your inept.
In other words if you do not agree with me than you are a troll.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In other words if you do not agree with me than you are a troll.
Please re-read the thread title. When was the last time it was actually discussed? Both you AND railshot are making it about everything BUT ilshenar becoming Fel ruleset. And absolutely nothing is being done to either one of you. This happens in EVERY thread that has pvp as the subject.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! You guys are still at it? I take my hat to all of you for your patience and tenacity!
Give it up already. Nothing will happen, quit waisting your stomach lining too. Too much tension does not help anybody. Did you check your Blood Pressures recently with all the negative Karma in this thread?
You guys are not getting any younger you know. It not worth arguing about this nonsense.
Give it up already..LOL.

Jeez..
Indeed :) Great post

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was about halfway through the second page before I decided to just skip to the end. I doubt I missed anything meaningful. BUT if I did, I apologize for being lazy. I did want to add my two cents though. I started playing UO just after Tram came out. You needed moonstones to travel between facets, and a week in to my 30 days of included time the starting gold was increased from 100 to 1000. Being that I was new to mmos, and 13, the most I ever did was die in Fel. Then my time ran out, and I didn't come back to UO for another 5 years at least. All that being said, I fell in love with the life of a criminal. I loved being able to steal from other players. I loved being able to stalk through the woods with a poisoner looking for hapless victims. I loved leaving poisoned food on the ground (childish, I know). In short, I loved that you could approach the game a different way than being the hero and killing the bad guys. Now over time, the nature of criminality in UO has changed and may of the things that made being a Grey or a Red interesting are gone (or just pointless and obsolete).

I would support converting all facets to Fel rules, with the caveat that Reds experience permadeath. (I dunno how feasible it would be to implement this, but I'd also say unless killed by another Red. That way you could still enjoy somewhat free from consequence pvp) I'd also get rid of insurance, but make blessings obtainable through something (anything) difficult and time consuming.

Just one player's take. Cheers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please re-read the thread title. When was the last time it was actually discussed? Both you AND railshot are making it about everything BUT ilshenar becoming Fel ruleset. And absolutely nothing is being done to either one of you. This happens in EVERY thread that has pvp as the subject.
Is that because we already know what this FEL bs is really all about.
PvP is not that great because if it was FEL would be over crowded and it is not.
PvP is not that great because if it was SP would be the most popular shard and it is not.
PvP is not that great because if it was PvP would be the most popular play style but it is not PvM is.
PvP is not that great because if it was you would not need to keep asking for "LURES" to get "SHEEP" to kill.
PvP is not that great because if it was then putting in a constitutional PvP switch like I asked for would have killed PvP according to all you PvPers, now why is that if it was so great.
FEL as a land mass is dead and now you want to kill another land mass, gee I wounder why FEL is so dead if PvP was as great as you think it is.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that because we already know what this FEL bs is really all about.
PvP is not that great because if it was FEL would be over crowded and it is not.
PvP is not that great because if it was SP would be the most popular shard and it is not.
PvP is not that great because if it was PvP would be the most popular play style but it is not PvM is.
PvP is not that great because if it was you would not need to keep asking for "LURES" to get "SHEEP" to kill.
PvP is not that great because if it was then putting in a constitutional PvP switch like I asked for would have killed PvP according to all you PvPers, now why is that if it was so great.
FEL as a land mass is dead and now you want to kill another land mass, gee I wounder why FEL is so dead if PvP was as great as you think it is.
1) Neither is Trammel, which is evident in the fact that nobody does a vast majority of the content it offers. They may live in Tram, but that doesn't make it overcrowded.
2) There are several other reasons why Siege/Mugen aren't popular, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with it being all Fel ruleset. You've been told this, but you ignore it.
3) pvm is more popular? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Then why is a vast majority of pvm content in this game not done?
4) We are asking for something to fight other pvp'ers over. We don't give two ****s about fighting trammies. And never did.
5) You've been told BY THE DEVS that consensual pvp everywhere isn't going to happen. Why do you keep bringing it up? It will kill pvp, and the reasons why have been stated ad nauseum.
6) Fel as a landmass is "dead" because of the lack of exclusive content it's been given, among other things. Why would people do any of the non-exclusive content in Fel (i.e. Peerless or random dungeon mobs in places like Shame) when they can do them in Trammel? You can recall into the dungeons (in Trammel proper), which you can't do in Fel.

Syncros

Adventurer
1 - Most current players done all the content so they are bored with it and usually only go back to show some new player/returned player the zone.
2 - You think they wouldve allowed more charactors to be created there by now...
3 - see #1
4 - PvPer's want to fight real pvper's? lol thats why the towns are empty and the only time you see fights is at champ spawns after they killed/ran off the sheep.
5 - Cant help it if the Devs want to close their eyes at the issue and deny what would improve UO's PvP scene or at least allow it everywhere.
6 - Fel is dead because of the amount of griefing that goes on there. Why give it better items/rares to fight over when "pvper's" are looking for a fun unfair fight when all they need is another pvper to fight.

If PvP is so popular and awesome then why is this thread just like most shards. UO Vice vs Virtue If the Devs followed anything from that channel then no wonder the pvp scene is in shambles with no hope in sight.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 - Most current players done all the content so they are bored with it and usually only go back to show some new player/returned player the zone.
2 - You think they wouldve allowed more charactors to be created there by now...
3 - see #1
4 - PvPer's want to fight real pvper's? lol thats why the towns are empty and the only time you see fights is at champ spawns after they killed/ran off the sheep.
5 - Cant help it if the Devs want to close their eyes at the issue and deny what would improve UO's PvP scene or at least allow it everywhere.
6 - Fel is dead because of the amount of griefing that goes on there. Why give it better items/rares to fight over when "pvper's" are looking for a fun unfair fight when all they need is another pvper to fight.

If PvP is so popular and awesome then why is this thread just like most shards. UO Vice vs Virtue If the Devs followed anything from that channel then no wonder the pvp scene is in shambles with no hope in sight.
1) Wrong. Some people do it over and over. What do you think the word "Farming" means when applied to gaming?
2) Would make sense.
4) Uhh, is that why, when there's spawn fighting, pvp guilds are involved? Or people will play at Yew Gate. Nobody wants to fight in towns, because we already have Yew Gate for open field pvp, or spawns for grinders.
5) consensual pvp everywhere won't improve it. It'll only hurt the pvp in this game. I've DONE the consensual pvp thing in Tram, a war against another guild. Some people ended up leaving the guild during it, some of us took our pvm-oriented alts out of the guild/didn't log in on them for that week, etc. If you add a consensual pvp switch to Tram, the same damn thing is going to happen, but on a larger scale.
6) What griefing? You mean people getting killed? That's NOT griefing. You're far more likely to get griefed in Trammel, because YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. You ask why Fel should get something new to fight over...and once again I have to repeat myself:

After 16 years (Publish 16 was released in 2002), we deserve something new in Fel, even if it doesn't necessarily involve pvp (but there should, of course, be something new in Fel that involves pvp.) Double resources and 1k luck (I wear a 2360 luck suit pre-statue bonus and I don't see much of an increase in loot quality with that suit) don't qualify as enticements.
I'll add this too, from earlier in the thread:

1) Exodus - Ilshenar, 2012
2) Shadowguard - Time of Legends, 2015
3) Tram Despise - 2012
4) Underwater boss - 2013
5) Doom - Age of Shadows, 2003
6) The ENTIRE Stygian Abyss dungeon - Medusa, Slasher, Stygian Dragon - 2009
7) The Titan town invasions from a couple months ago.
8) EM Events. You'll occasionally get an event in Fel, but they are very few and far between.
9) Some Tram-ruleset exclusive Champ Spawns and Peerless: Twisted Weald, Bedlam, Interred Grizzle, Labyrinth, Tokuno champ - the ML Peerless/Dungeons were added in 2005, the Tokuno Champ with the Samurai Empire launch in 2004
The bolded is the dates of when Trammel got new content.

Fel's new content?

2002 (Publish 16), 2009 (the two Stygian Abyss champ spawns), and vvv (2014.) Why does one playstyle get catered to over and over at the expense of the other? NO other game I have played in the past few years (Diablo 3 and FF14, to name a few) does this to their players. They are made by companies that are JUST as well-known as EA, if not more so. They do not do what EA has done - they give EVERYONE something to do, whatever class they might play. UO does not do this - outside of the couple scraps Fel has been given since the inception of Trammel, they have given EVERYTHING to the Trammel ruleset. Fast forward to 2018 and threads like this (and the "Fel ruleset only" shard thread) come up. If there was a fairer distribution of content, there wouldn't be complaints from pvp'ers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) Neither is Trammel, which is evident in the fact that nobody does a vast majority of the content it offers. They may live in Tram, but that doesn't make it overcrowded.
2) There are several other reasons why Siege/Mugen aren't popular, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with it being all Fel ruleset. You've been told this, but you ignore it.
3) pvm is more popular? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Then why is a vast majority of pvm content in this game not done?
4) We are asking for something to fight other pvp'ers over. We don't give two ****s about fighting trammies. And never did.
5) You've been told BY THE DEVS that consensual pvp everywhere isn't going to happen. Why do you keep bringing it up? It will kill pvp, and the reasons why have been stated ad nauseum.
6) Fel as a landmass is "dead" because of the lack of exclusive content it's been given, among other things. Why would people do any of the non-exclusive content in Fel (i.e. Peerless or random dungeon mobs in places like Shame) when they can do them in Trammel? You can recall into the dungeons (in Trammel proper), which you can't do in Fel.
This is how you dispute things. All your answers just prove that you do not have any facts to dispute anything I said and you even admit that in order to PvP you have to have items (LURES) to fight over. I also stated what you said about the PvP switch and alls you can do is say what we already know what the DEVs said. Without LUREs or forced PvP, PvP would be dead, sorry the truth hurts you to admit it. I also like you troll word "trammies" as we all know you throw it around like a cuss word and please don't try to BS me that it isn't meant as one. As far as SP goes the main reason that is given is it is to hard and there is no insurance now isn't that funny coming from hard core PvPers, PvP that is to hard core. Please UO we need more LUREs to help PvP because fighting other PvPers isn't enough, FACT.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is how you dispute things. All your answers just prove that you do not have any facts to dispute anything I said and you even admit that in order to PvP you have to have items (LURES) to fight over. I also stated what you said about the PvP switch and alls you can do is say what we already know what the DEVs said. Without LUREs or forced PvP, PvP would be dead, sorry the truth hurts you to admit it. I also like you troll word "trammies" as we all know you throw it around like a cuss word and please don't try to BS me that it isn't meant as one. As far as SP goes the main reason that is given is it is to hard and there is no insurance now isn't that funny coming from hard core PvPers, PvP that is to hard core. Please UO we need more LUREs to help PvP because fighting other PvPers isn't enough, FACT.
Can you respond to ANY of my points in the post you quoted (or any of my points in general) with a logical counterargument, or are you just going to continue spouting your nonsense? If you're just going to do the latter, Lord Trollo, do everyone a favor please, and stop posting.

Syncros

Adventurer
1) Wrong. Some people do it over and over. What do you think the word "Farming" means when applied to gaming?
2) Would make sense.
4) Uhh, is that why, when there's spawn fighting, pvp guilds are involved? Or people will play at Yew Gate. Nobody wants to fight in towns, because we already have Yew Gate for open field pvp, or spawns for grinders.
5) consensual pvp everywhere won't improve it. It'll only hurt the pvp in this game. I've DONE the consensual pvp thing in Tram, a war against another guild. Some people ended up leaving the guild during it, some of us took our pvm-oriented alts out of the guild/didn't log in on them for that week, etc. If you add a consensual pvp switch to Tram, the same damn thing is going to happen, but on a larger scale.
6) What griefing? You mean people getting killed? That's NOT griefing. You're far more likely to get griefed in Trammel, because YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. You ask why Fel should get something new to fight over...and once again I have to repeat myself:
You just love repeating yourself I see.

Yea guild war is ok but its only good if you want a temp war which most pvper doesnt want and as you said crafters suffer, hence a real pvp toggle for each individual would solve that. Its like taking an old system like Order vs Chaos and expanding it to have some flagging like VvV and enabling it for all facets. So Ill say it now, its NOT guild wars! I shouldnt really have to go into minute details how it should work since its not that hard to fathom unless you cant get past the current systems in place. If someone wants to heal/res someone in O/C then they have to join first, no blue healers anymore and reds would be allowed in all facets as well just not Tram towns/guard zones and could only attack O/C

In the end you get pvpers attacking pvpers and pvmers doing their thing everyone is happy except the ones that want sheep to kill but then theres always fel for that.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He did not play when O/C was around. That is the system they should go back to for active pvp anywhere. No more bank sitting afk for hours on end in a safe zone. No toggle required. Nut up or shut up.

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
He did not play when O/C was around. That is the system they should go back to for active pvp anywhere. No more bank sitting afk for hours on end in a safe zone. No toggle required. Nut up or shut up.
I want a divorce ...giggles

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you respond to ANY of my points in the post you quoted (or any of my points in general) with a logical counterargument, or are you just going to continue spouting your nonsense? If you're just going to do the latter, Lord Trollo, do everyone a favor please, and stop posting.
But I did respond with a fact and as normal you duck it with your BLAH BLAH BLAH. FACT PvP would not exists if it was not for "LURES" and is forced on PvMers doing spawns. It is ok to admit that the only reason PvP is still around is PvPers raiding spawns and you calling it PvP. PvPers killing PvMers while raiding spawns is todays PvP in UO. Please UO give the PvPers more "LURES" to help boost their PvP is all this thread is about. Go raid your spawns and enjoy your PvP.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
My 10 cents about all this silly contest of points and counterpoints and mud slinging at the "trammies" and PVPers/Pkers.

== There is a lot of false information being put back and forth. One of them is that the majority of UO players are PVPers/PKers, and they would just love to see Ilsh turn Fel Ruleset.
== Another is that Ilsh is hardly used at all, by anyone, and that the content in Ilsh is minimal and not used.
== The delusion that if Ilsh becomes Fel ruleset it will benefit anyone, especially the game itself at the end.
== That the reason PVP and Fel are so underused and underpopulated is that there is not enough Fel to go around, as if Fel is a tiny little island with not enough room. A large area of content Ilsh, will be come completely unused by most people, just so the little player base can PVP/PK MORE.
== That PK at Fel spawns is somehow an honorable way to make a living in UO, and that deep down it is morally ok, since it is allowed by game rules, and that at the end it is all ok, and we will be all buddy-buddy.
== Playing under Tram rules is somehow tainting the PVP/PKers, so they feel bad when they do the Roof content, are forced to do the Roof and other Tram content etc.
== MOST important point is the false information that PVPer/PKers are the majority of the players. This is just not the case. It should be that the opinion of the majority should be respected, and they do not like PVP.

As far as Ilsh becoming a Fel rules area, this is the WORST suggestion made regarding PVP so far, and it really takes the cake.

Most people, that is the REAL majority of the UO players, are not hard core PVP/PKers, DO NOT like the PVP/PK way of UO gameplay, and would never want to see Ilsh as a Fel ruleset, on the top of Fel as it is now.

Leave Ilsh out of the conversation of changes. Do not destroy Ilsh or its content in an extremely unwise way!
In addition to this : The Devs have no interest to do this at all -- point blank will not happen, and there is no chance of it ever happening for the myriad of reasons that are there.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I did respond with a fact and as normal you duck it with your BLAH BLAH BLAH. FACT PvP would not exists if it was not for "LURES" and is forced on PvMers doing spawns. It is ok to admit that the only reason PvP is still around is PvPers raiding spawns and you calling it PvP. PvPers killing PvMers while raiding spawns is todays PvP in UO. Please UO give the PvPers more "LURES" to help boost their PvP is all this thread is about. Go raid your spawns and enjoy your PvP.
No, you did not. You have not responded ONCE with a logical counter-argument. You just keep repeating the same ********.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure what is more insane and fool hardy. The fact that this thread is still going or the original suggestion itself. Face it the vast majority despises pvp and what it has become. Nothing but griefers and sheep hunters. This will never happen for the numerous reasons listed in this thread.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Face it the vast majority despises pvp and what it has become. Nothing but griefers and sheep hunters.
Translation: I don't play in Fel and don't know what goes on, but I'm somehow an authority on it.

Most people, that is the REAL majority of the UO players, are not hard core PVP/PKers, DO NOT like the PVP/PK way of UO gameplay, and would never want to see Ilsh as a Fel ruleset, on the top of Fel as it is now.

Leave Ilsh out of the conversation of changes. Do not destroy Ilsh or its content in an extremely unwise way!
In addition to this : The Devs have no interest to do this at all -- point blank will not happen, and there is no chance of it ever happening for the myriad of reasons that are there.
And the pvp'ers DO NOT CARE if people don't want to pvp. If people do want to pvp, we're not going to stop them...and might actually HELP them.

The reason this thread exists is because Fel needs some new content, whether it's changing a landmass to Fel ruleset, or just adding something new entirely to the actual Fel landmass. On most shards, a vast majority of ilshenar content is unused, no matter how much you say otherwise.

Is Ilsh becoming Fel ruleset unlikely? Of course. But why are people crying about Fel getting new content when they already have EVERYTHING in the game available to them? "But we're going to get PK'd and don't want to pvp" isn't an excuse. It does not reflect what Fel actually is right now - there is spawn fighting, yes, but you're more likely to see it in dungeons. If you want to get spawns off, do them in t2a and make sure you're using spawn-oriented templates to finish quickly: Sampires, necro/weaving mage in wraith form, etc. Don't give any potential raiders time to show up.

More than the "we don't want to pvp" nonsense is the fact that Fel has not been given any new MEANINGFUL content in 16 years. There are ZERO games, other than UO, that do that to their paying customers. pvp might be a "niche" aspect of the current UO, but it's not by player's choice: it's because multiple dev teams have done this to us, and we have every right to ask for something new, due to the decade and a half of neglect.

Whatever you might think about the pvp'ers and Fel, why are all of the forum crybabies so adamantly opposed to Fel getting something new?

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
.... <very large snip> ...
More than the "we don't want to pvp" nonsense is the fact that Fel has not been given any new MEANINGFUL content in 16 years. There are ZERO games, other than UO, that do that to their paying customers. pvp might be a "niche" aspect of the current UO, but it's not by player's choice: it's because multiple dev teams have done this to us, and we have every right to ask for something new, due to the decade and a half of neglect.
See that bold red part? I REALLY think you need to stand back and review history.

PKers are PLAYERS, right? Well, as I have already stated, these PLAYERS decided that other PLAYERS who gathered resources, did PvE activites, etc were sheep. In fact those very same PK PLAYERS remarked as such right here in SnR which was (in that day) the hotbed. While the PKs were definitely the minority, the other PVP PLAYERS could or would not assist in slowing down what was happening.

As a result, PvE PLAYERS walked with wallets - and when asked by EA at the time as to why, they stated they could not play the game they wanted because of other PLAYERS making it very difficult if not impossible to do so. So Trammel came into existence and the vast majority of PLAYERS moved out of the way and reach of the "sheep cullers".

So in summary - PLAYERS preyed on those unequipped for that battle. Other PLAYERS did not/could not quell the worst of that action. As a result the majority of PLAYERS walked ... either out the door or to Trammel.

Result? PVP is a niche aspect and like it or not, YOU are the minority and as such, you have reaped what you sowed over the years. Deal with it ... just like we were told so long ago: There's the door. Use it if you need to.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So in summary - PLAYERS preyed on those unequipped for that battle. Other PLAYERS did not/could not quell the worst of that action. As a result the majority of PLAYERS walked ... either out the door or to Trammel.

Result? PVP is a niche aspect and like it or not, YOU are the minority and as such, you have reaped what you sowed over the years. Deal with it ... just like we were told so long ago: There's the door. Use it if you need to.
And your point would be? UO hasn't been pre-ren for years. Stop using it as a crutch for your non-existent argument. pvp is NOT niche because of the exodus to Trammel. It's niche because of what MULTIPLE DEV TEAMS have done, by focusing solely on the Trammel ruleset. If you're not equipped for pvp in 2018, it's nobody's damn fault but your own. Stop *****ing about pvp, learn it, and be ready to defend yourself if you want to engage in Fel content (and that's just for random farming.)

if the concept of pvp itself were a niche market, games like Fortnite and pubg wouldn't be so popular. But they are.

Whether YOU like it or not, it's the over-abundance of content in the Trammel ruleset that has made UO what it is today: A broken mess of rampant afk script farming. Why do you think nobody does that in Fel? Because they literally CAN'T - if they do, they get killed if someone finds them. The multiboxing punishing may have toned it down slightly, but not by much - players will just be smarter about hiding that they're doing it.

I am a paying customer, just like you. I have every ******* right to ask for new content in Fel, since I do play there; for the record, I play in Tram as well...but you don't see me asking for brand new content there, do you? There's a reason for that: IT ALREADY HAS ENOUGH. That said content needs a massive overhaul is beside the point.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And your point would be? UO hasn't been pre-ren for years. Stop using it as a crutch for your non-existent argument. pvp is NOT niche because of the exodus to Trammel. It's niche because of what MULTIPLE DEV TEAMS have done, by focusing solely on the Trammel ruleset. If you're not equipped for pvp in 2018, it's nobody's damn fault but your own. Stop *****ing about pvp, learn it, and be ready to defend yourself if you want to engage in Fel content (and that's just for random farming.) ... <snip> ...
My point is this ... YOU stated that the players did not have a choice in what the current setup is. I responded to that because it was players of several "groups" that DID make for the current situation.

Now as for the dev teams ... I will use a RL scenario to set the stage: Ford recently announced the cessation of passenger car lineup because they were not profitable when compared to Mustang, SUV and truck lines - which people were buying (paying for).

Switching gears ... EA has apparently directed dev teams that game production will generally be for content to the Trammel ruleset as that is the profitable product line - which people were/are playing (paying for). See the similarities?

I'm also not whining about PK/PVP or anything. I state the bloody history BECAUSE I WAS THERE!!! You just don't seem to want to face the fact that it was part of the PVP community that actually was the root cause of all this. I just don't have the time to spend doing what you think I should do. I'm too damn old, I know for a fact I haven't the reflexes nor skills. I've tried. I left when given the chance - and have not looked back.

But, as long as the PVP community wish to deny it was part of them that is the root of this, myself and others will toss a flag on that play.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
See that bold red part? I REALLY think you need to stand back and review history.

PKers are PLAYERS, right? Well, as I have already stated, these PLAYERS decided that other PLAYERS who gathered resources, did PvE activites, etc were sheep. In fact those very same PK PLAYERS remarked as such right here in SnR which was (in that day) the hotbed. While the PKs were definitely the minority, the other PVP PLAYERS could or would not assist in slowing down what was happening.

As a result, PvE PLAYERS walked with wallets - and when asked by EA at the time as to why, they stated they could not play the game they wanted because of other PLAYERS making it very difficult if not impossible to do so. So Trammel came into existence and the vast majority of PLAYERS moved out of the way and reach of the "sheep cullers".

I agree with you that new content for Fel ruleset is of interest and may be appropriate. But not at the expense of present content such as Ilsh. Ilsh is awesome PvM content as it is now, and it is used by the more seasoned players a lot. Most pple would prefer to leave Ilsh as it is.
But ADD more content to Fel.
==New champ spawn/and new rewards.
==Stage Arena like fights, where there are rewards benefitting the PVP folks.
==PVP specific events may be of interest.
==Make specific areas in Fel spawn resources at 3x or 4x rates, or even special resources not available elsewhere, that would allow enhancements for PVP items (weapons/armor etc).
==The sky is the limit.
But not to take present content like Ilsh and make it into something the vast majority of players would abhor.
There is so much of the PVM game that is tighed into Ilsh that would damage the game irreparably.
So I vote YES for new PVP content and effort. but NO for messing with Ilsh at all. Please do not sacrifice Ilsh.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fel's new content?

2002 (Publish 16), 2009 (the two Stygian Abyss champ spawns), and vvv (2014.)
Blackthorns?
Trade quests / The FC1 mempo?
Minax town invasions?
Pets now eating powerscrolls?

You should really stop acting like you know it all ;) It's obvious you are not trying to see it objectively.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If allllllll the people saying they can't do fel spawns, banded together, cast para fields all over, had meteor swarm on a macro........they could repel every raid.

Let's not try that tho.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If allllllll the people saying they can't do fel spawns, banded together, cast para fields all over, had meteor swarm on a macro........they could repel every raid.
I'd rather play some other game that is fun then. And that also means spending my money at another game. A business concept some PvP people in here still fail to see :)

"cast para fields all over" ..... :D No...

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have noticed I've gone a bit quieter on these style of threads, I did my bit, I can agree with certain posters there is going to be no movement, so it's up to us to make it work.

To all the PvPers around here - I'm in the process of moving to Siege.

I have a character there, I'm learning the rules, it's all pretty new - learning how to get around with no recall is hard, but very exciting, it's going to be a hard slog in terms of time training character and skills, but easy enough for an experienced player, fun, just will take time.

My guild GM has half a character there, he supports me a little with suits. But overall, I think I can solo my way through it, but am looking forward to getting a house, and setting up a guild/joining a guild. I may open up a second account to be my crafter, I may sell everything I have on Europa/Atlantic and somehow arrange a transfer to Siege - not bothered if I can't arrange that. Got my little list of things I am after to build myself up, I love having targets, a challenge like this. Macing 3 Primer, Mace 120, Stats 25, Valiant scroll +5, House, Crafter, many Soulstones, Resources etc.

As I've played solidly for the last few days I have got to know it better - and it's an almost perfect shard to be fair.

+The economy is not broken.
+Everything has a meaning, and a purpose to play for. I lost purpose on most of my characters on Europa a long time ago, I struggle to log in anymore.
+Crafting and Imbuing are still very highly regarded.Gathering resources is still a requirement.
+Scripting has not destroyed the game, the anti recall/Felucca ruleset has kept it clean.
+All classes still have meaning.
+It is the most mature shard of the lot, in terms of the player-base.
+The no Insurance rule means that top end suits cannot dominate PvP, and the full itemized loot tables have not broken the game.
+ They possibly have the tightest community - see Siege shard forums.
+It is a Feluccan ruleset and has access to all landmasses.
+They have NO Trammel - creating a loot/reward distribution conflict/playstyle, therefore everyone is equal.
+ No shard transfers.
+It is the purest form of UO.

- Whilst they are mature over there - they are quite introverted. I'm not fully understanding this - this makes the shard appear far more quiet than it really is.
I understand a lot of this is about not wanting to give away position, and just getting on with their own thing. Most of them seem to have stealth, so you don't even see 3/4 of them. I've never been a stealth character, I'm quite happy to be out and about.

So overall, the only thing that could be improved for this shard, is to give it more players, the rest of it is seriously perfect. In the past, I've been mainly worried about leaving my friends of 15-20 years on Europa, and been worried about being a working guy with kids, and how I could find the time to play it properly. But now I'm making the move, I'm loving it. I did 3 hours driving over the weekend, and while I was driving, most of my thought time was about planning my progression on Siege, that's how exciting it is for me.

So to all of you Feluccans, who want a more pure UO game experience and are disillusioned with the normal shards like I have been, come and join me, I need a team. :)

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blackthorns?
Trade quests / The FC1 mempo?
Minax town invasions?
Pets now eating powerscrolls?

You should really stop acting like you know it all ;) It's obvious you are not trying to see it objectively.
Blackthorn dungeon also exists in Tram. You could even find random captains in the Tram/Fel overworlds at various points in the past, if any weren't killed on a shard during the actual invasion. Next.
How many people go around doing the trade quests for the FC 1 mempo? I'm tier 5, don't know how many I've done exactly. But the FC1 Mempo takes THOUSANDS of runs to get. There are better options for FC 1 headgear now: The Scholar's Halo.
Pets eating powerscrolls is a modification of EXISTING content. Champ spawns are 16 years old. In case you haven't noticed: I'm talking about brand new meaningful content (that obviously wasn't there before) getting added to Fel.

I'd rather play some other game that is fun then. And that also means spending my money at another game. A business concept some PvP people in here still fail to see :)

"cast para fields all over" ..... :D No...
It's not that we're not capable of seeing it. It's that some people are incapable of leaving us alone/want to change our playstyle for their benefit.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets eating powerscrolls is a modification of EXISTING content. Champ spawns are 16 years old. In case you haven't noticed: I'm talking about brand new meaningful content (that obviously wasn't there before) getting added to Fel.
I thought the idea of the new content you want is to attract more people to this. Pets eating powerscrolls is just a bit under a license to print money for PvPers. But hey, if you really want the new exclusive content, I am sure most Trammel players gladly trade Ilsh for ability to get PS in trammel.

It's not that we're not capable of seeing it. It's that some people are incapable of leaving us alone/want to change our playstyle for their benefit.
You are the one asking to take Ilshenal from Trammel. Who is asking who to change playstyle?!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the idea of the new content you want is to attract more people to this. Pets eating powerscrolls is just a bit under a license to print money for PvPers. But hey, if you really want the new exclusive content, I am sure most Trammel players gladly trade Ilsh for ability to get PS in trammel.
And do you REALLY think that players going to want to deal with all those Paragon Dragons, Lich Lords, Demons, and Succubi? On an individual basis, none of those are difficult, and haven't been in years. Group them together and good luck living.

Furthermore, the Ilshenar champ spawns are on a 15 minute automatic respawn timer, with Humility and Valor rotating between the Barracoon/Neira/Mephitis/Rikktor/Semidar spawns. Even if players end up farming them, they'll quickly get bored of doing it in ilshenar, since they'd have to compete with a bunch of other pvm'ers for a chance at (likely crappy) powerscrolls, while also waiting for the timer for the next spawn (they could conceivably even get all 3 done in the time it takes for one to pop again, if there's a large enough group of people.) There's also the high chance of people script farming it, which they'd be able to do without consequence. You have none of those issues in Fel: the ONLY thing you have to wait for is for the gate to the Star Room to go down, at which point you can re-pop the spawn, if you're chain farming it. Other players (especially if you discover that they're scripting the champs) can be dealt with simply by killing them.

You are the one asking to take Ilshenal from Trammel. Who is asking who to change playstyle?!
You'd still have 4 Trammel ruleset facets to play in, where you wouldn't have to deal with pvp'ers. Once again, no matter how much you might say otherwise, the fact is, the vast majority of ilshenar (much like a vast majority of content in this game) goes unused. Why not let the pvp'ers have somewhere else to play?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
...<snip>...
You'd still have 4 Trammel ruleset facets to play in, where you wouldn't have to deal with pvp'ers. Once again, no matter how much you might say otherwise, the fact is, the vast majority of ilshenar (much like a vast majority of content in this game) goes unused. Why not let the pvp'ers have somewhere else to play?
One word for ya: Siege.

Ilshenar, Tokuno, Malas, Felucca, Eodon ... all PVP ruleset. Add another account for your mule you'll need. TB Cookie [W] has a nice overview of his experiences there just a bit above this. Check it out if you haven't.

His tick list of points about it goes like this:
+The economy is not broken.
+Everything has a meaning, and a purpose to play for. I lost purpose on most of my characters on Europa a long time ago, I struggle to log in anymore.
+Crafting and Imbuing are still very highly regarded.Gathering resources is still a requirement.
+Scripting has not destroyed the game, the anti recall/Felucca ruleset has kept it clean.
+All classes still have meaning.
+It is the most mature shard of the lot, in terms of the player-base.
+The no Insurance rule means that top end suits cannot dominate PvP, and the full itemized loot tables have not broken the game.
+ They possibly have the tightest community - see Siege shard forums.
+It is a Feluccan ruleset and has access to all landmasses.
+They have NO Trammel - creating a loot/reward distribution conflict/playstyle, therefore everyone is equal.
+ No shard transfers.
+It is the purest form of UO.​

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vast majority of Fel is a lot more unused than Ilsh. PvPers already have more content than is proportionate to their numbers. Giving them more is just going to turn more lands into a wasteland and drive more PvMers away from them game.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This is just a PVP idea for new Fel content, just one example, but the devs need to see this:

Have an area in either Fel or Tramel, that is an actual Arena with a boss creature at the end : The Dark Lord
He is doable by a single PVP character, and only Reds can participate, or PvP chars only.
You sign up to be one of the contestants for a 10 round fight (or 5-round etc).
Each participant registers by clicking on a red orb, one of 10 in the arena. After clicking it turns yellow.
Only 10 orbs (or 5 etc)
When the fight begins it is one on one, any character mods (not taming if agreed).
Then with round one ending one man is standing, the other one is auto removed from the list. He maintains all gear etc. Then round 2 through 10 different players win/lose/get eliminated by losing to the other etc.
Then the winner oft he 10th (or 5th etc round) recoups and gets ready to spawn the Champ, the Dark Lord.
Then the last man standing gets to fight the Dark Lord. If he loses he just gets a title like "Banisher of Darkness" etc. But if he gets to kill the Dark Lord, he actually gets a tangible reward useful in PVP only, like armor, a weapon, (?something that cannot be bought or sold in game and not transferable to other accounts? maybe?), and it is trully good in PVP. Or other really really good reward.
And the Arena does not need EM to be there, works 24/7..
How does that sound for a last man standing with potential massive reward for PVP?
The Dark Lord should be able to be overcome with typical PVP play. Also no external help in the Arena etc.
Whachu think?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One word for ya: Siege.

Ilshenar, Tokuno, Malas, Felucca, Eodon ... all PVP ruleset. Add another account for your mule you'll need. TB Cookie [W] has a nice overview of his experiences there just a bit above this. Check it out if you haven't.
Cookie's experience aside, I don't care. I will not play Siege, for two reasons:
1) Single character per account. Yeah, I have 3 accounts, but I'm not going to dedicate a character slot on one of them to a crafter.
2) From what others have said, it's predominantly stealthers. If I'm in the Fel ruleset, it's because I expect actual pvp. Not people trying to pop-shot you when you're nearly dead, or hiding the second you start attacking them.

Vast majority of Fel is a lot more unused than Ilsh. PvPers already have more content than is proportionate to their numbers. Giving them more is just going to turn more lands into a wasteland and drive more PvMers away from them game.
And pvm'ers have more content than is proportionate to THEIR numbers, that they aren't doing either. Nice try.

Also, what gets used in Ilsh, outside of Twisted Weald/Dreadhorn? I know some people on Atl run the champ spawns there, although I can't say how often they do it. For pvp, there's t2a (I've done some fighting there in the past month, on both LS & Atlantic), the champ spawn dungeons (Had a Despise fight yesterday, and some recent ones in Destard), and wherever a Harrower has been popped. Other than that, the pvm content in Fel is not done (outside of whetstones, which are guaranteed in Fel), because there are mirrors of it in Trammel. You can afk script farm to your heart's content there and not get killed by another player.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And pvm'ers have more content than is proportionate to THEIR numbers, that they aren't doing either. Nice try.
I am talking overall. Fel and lost lands occupy what a third, a quarter of playable lands (not counting Malas). Pvpers, are maybe 5-10% of the overall pop (and I am being generous here). They already have more land than their numbers deserve. The land they have they turn into a wasteland. Now they want even more land to make completely empty. See anything wrong with this picture?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cookie's experience aside, I don't care. I will not play Siege, for two reasons:
1) Single character per account. Yeah, I have 3 accounts, but I'm not going to dedicate a character slot on one of them to a crafter.
2) From what others have said, it's predominantly stealthers. If I'm in the Fel ruleset, it's because I expect actual pvp. Not people trying to pop-shot you when you're nearly dead, or hiding the second you start attacking them.
...<snip>...
Addressing #1 - you have the account ability yet are unwilling to use even 1 slot to try things. Interesting.
Addressing #2 - but, but, but ... thieves are PVPers! And thieving has been a part of the UO experience since day 1, as has PVP. Deal with them as one would in Fel now!

You don't wish to devote time trying out Siege to see if it can meet some or all of your desires, yet you want PVM members to invest time, money and who knows what else so we can "play" with y'all. Just does not seem equitable, does it?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Addressing #2 - but, but, but ... thieves are PVPers! And thieving has been a part of the UO experience since day 1, as has PVP. Deal with them as one would in Fel now!
Thieves are pvp'ers? I...what. Where did you come up with THAT nonsense?

You don't wish to devote time trying out Siege to see if it can meet some or all of your desires, yet you want PVM members to invest time, money and who knows what else so we can "play" with y'all. Just does not seem equitable, does it?
How are the two comparable? I know what I want out of pvp. Siege isn't it - there are multiple reasons why pvp'ers don't play there. And Fel ruleset/lack of insurance aren't why. You bring up the time & money investment for Fel. Champ spawn pvp is NOT hard. Boring and repetitive? Maybe. But that's what happens in objective-based pvp. There's also the fact that you can farm pretty much anything in Fel without seeing another person a vast majority of the time, so there's ZERO excuse for why you can't pvm in Fel...or do champ spawns.

I am talking overall. Fel and lost lands occupy what a third, a quarter of playable lands (not counting Malas). Pvpers, are maybe 5-10% of the overall pop (and I am being generous here). They already have more land than their numbers deserve. The land they have they turn into a wasteland. Now they want even more land to make completely empty. See anything wrong with this picture?
No I don't, because pvm'ers (Despite being the majority playerbase in this game) have FAR more unused land than THEIR numbers deserve. The percentage of players that pvp aside, why NOT give them something new, which is actually worth doing? Fel has been neglected for over 15 years - there's no reason, no matter how small the pvp population is now, for them to be ignored, when no other game does this to their customers. Champ spawns are 16 years old, and people still fight over the reward from it (powerscrolls.) The reason why they're so desired, even now, is because of the difficulty in obtaining them (pvp'ers) - sure, the pet revamp did increase the demand, but it also served to increase the price of scrolls, because the pvm'ers refused to go farm them for themselves. You included.

About a week ago, I did multiple Despise spawns with two guildmates. Two of us were on necro/weaving mages (that we had also used during the last Halloween event), and the third had a sampire. Do you know how long it took for the three of us to do the ENTIRE spawn? About 10 minutes. Never got raided. There's no reason why pvm'ers can't do the same thing (with the same templates), outside of the fact that they CHOOSE not to.