• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New vendor customization gump

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After trying that gump for a test I noticed how bad it was, starting from the fact that every single button closes it to the fact that is quite complicated to handle. So, here it is what will be the new one:

from the top we have:
- the inventory button: show the backpack
- equipment and vanity button: show the hair/beard customization and the paperdoll (to alter equipment). This part is not finished yet so no picture for now :p
- vendor search enabled/disabled: works as a toggle, clicking it will switch between on and off.
- shop and vendor name: click the name to edit the text, press enter to apply the new name.
- the financial part:
shows your bank gold, your insurance cost (so if someone is broke, he can see how much he can afford to spend for the vendor).
The vendor gold available is a textbox, clicking it allows you to change how much gold you want the vendor to have, then press enter and it automatically deposit/collect the extra amount :)

The bank gold become red if you have less money than the insurance cost.
The vendor gold and the number of paid days become orange if you have less than 5 paid days.
The vendor gold and the number of paid days become red if you have less than 1 paid day.

Bank gold and insurance cost are not available on siege rules shards.

The vendor paperdoll will get attached to the gump when the customization is active so you'll have it open when you need it.

The gump stays open whatever you do, except when you collect/deposit gold, unfortunately for that case is unavoidable :(

If you have any more ideas about this, now it's the time :D

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of more pictures, now you can try it by yourself :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as extra feature for the vendor I was thinking about an auto-pricing system, but in order to do that I'll need to understand if making it more like the finders keepers or something more generic... let me know if you're interested :p

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not really a user of your UI, but that window looks super cool :thumbup1:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the auto-pricing, I was trying to see what can be the best approach given the variety of items around, and I think the best way to do it would be to auto-price only static items like pof, ps, artifacts, etc... stuff that doesn't change in properties, so you can select the item, the UI gets the type, color and name, and you set price and description and it's ready :D

IMHO random loots is too random to be priced automatically so I would exclude it from the system in order to avoid mispricing...

Let me know what do you think :)

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi
While you're redoing the vendors, is it possible to save searches in the vendor search box?

Lexx Merlin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way you can fix this to work on Siege? This is what I see every time.
vendor.jpg