• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sad news: Kahlan of Pacific, DsNchanted

Duke Winter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I come to you tonight with some very sad news. This afternoon I received a message from my best friend, who along with his sister, Vivian, are two of Kahlan's best real life friends.

Stanley, Vivian's brother, was informed this morning by Scott (Jessica's common-law husband/boyfriend) that Jessica (Kahlan) passed away in her sleep last night. I understand how difficult this will be for the community to hear.

Kahlan was a huge part of this community, and the game as a whole. She loved the people she loved whole heartily. She loved her shard (Pacific) dearly. And she loved this game more than words can express.

If you have any questions, please direct them to Lady Candy of R3.

Thank you.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's really terrible to hear :(

Kahlan was such a huge part of the Pacific community for a long time, and we ran a rares festival there together.

She will be missed greatly by her friends in UO.

bbobccat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kahlan was was a very valued friend and contributor to the community in UO. This news makes me very very sad indeed. My condolences to Scott, Vivian, Stanley, and all of the UO community who will miss her deeply.
Loki, UBB and Elam.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just talked to Jessica on Thursday. We always would talk about our dogs, and how much we loved them. I had a vendor at her Pacific Luna house for 10 years. I was always helping her price check items she was auctioning off. She would help me swap gold from Atlantic to Pacific and vice versa. I was honored to help her for the Pacific Rares Festivals she hosted. She was always willing to do anything for anyone in this game and ask nothing in return. I am truly beside myself. I knew she had health issues, but never realized how severe. She was 39yrs old. Too young to die. She was to Pacific what Great Lady of War was to Catskills. What a great loss for UO.

Last edited:

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to gather the words to express how I feel, but just can't seem to find them. I have lost a very dear friend and am still in shock. We all have lost a great person we have shared many memories with,as well as a player that loved the Pacific community, and a UO Ambassador, that always helped out other players in need and carried herself with the utmost professionalism. She is going to be missed dearly and I find it hard to continue play without her. I know she wouldn't want any of us to stop playing, but just seems difficult to carry on. Rest in Peace my Dear Friend. I will truly miss you. My thoughts go out to Scott and her family.

*Slams the Auction Gavel one last time*

Aftershock

Last edited:

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golly. She was on my ICQ list for reasons I am forgetting. She was my just age about.... Sorry I didn't know her better than that.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So sorry to hear this. I play Pac very occasionally, and she was the first person that ever chatted with me there. She offered anything I needed (which I didn't), but I always thought she was a very kind soul after that meeting. She will be missed by many, especially the Pac community.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did she ever play the Baja shard? Maybe that's how I might recollect her?

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I knew Kahlan and worked with her during my years on Stratics. She was a fantastic representative of Stratics and the UO Community. She worked tirelessly for her community, and she will be greatly missed. I'm so very sorry to hear of her passing.
- El.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Very sad news for the family and her friends of pacific. My condolences.

“Death is the most misunderstood phenomenon. People have thought of death as the end of life. That is the first, basic misunderstanding."

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I once bought a Pacific house with Atlantic gold. It was in Fel somewhere past the swamp east of Brit and I was clearing it up with a newbie char and Kahlin helped me somehow rather than pk me which was how I expected fel to be like.

I am not sure... it might have been pac.!.

PuinSai

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goodbye my dear Kahlan. I love you and will cherish the memories of our time spent together in game. In my 18 years of mmorpg playing Kahlan is my all time favorite guild leader.

My heart goes out to all her family and guildmates.

RIP Kahlan and i hope to see you again one day on the other side.