• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Phoenix Ultimatum.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So she's not very happy at all at the lack of movement on getting her "old skin" back.....
....so she has instructed me that she will be causing servers to go offline each day and every day henceforth........
A bit severe but desperate times and all that.
The following is the times each server can expect to be offline......(all times are GMT)
------------------------------------------------
Atlantic,
Catskills,
Chesapeake,
Great Lakes,
Lake Superior,
Legends,
Siege Perilous will all approx 11am (GMT)
--------------------------------------------------
Baja
Lake Austin
Napa Valley
Origin
PacificSonoma will all be approx 1pm
---------------------------------------------------
Asuka
Hokuto
Izumo
Mizuho
MugenSakura
Wakoku
Yamato all at 11pm
-----------------------------------------------------
Arirang
Formosa
Balhae at 12am
Oceania at 9pm
Drachenfels
Europa at 5am

Again, sorry for the lack of 20min play this will cause but the UO Devs refuse to listen to reason so it's time to take more forceful action.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So she's not very happy at all at the lack of movement on getting her "old skin" back.....
....so she has instructed me that she will be causing servers to go offline each day and every day henceforth........
The following is the times each server can expect to be offline......(all times are GMT)
Atlantic,
Catskills,
Chesapeake,
Great Lakes,
Lake Superior,
Legends,
Baja
Lake Austin
Napa Valley
Origin
Asuka
Hokuto
Izumo
Mizuho
MugenSakura
Wakoku
Yamato all at 11pm
Arirang
Formosa
Balhae at 12am
Oceania at 9pm
Drachenfels
Europa at 5am

Again, sorry for the lack of 20min play this will cause but the UO Devs refuse to listen to reason so it's time to take more forceful action.

This obsession over the phoenix is mind-boggling... does it really affect your game play that much? I can see ONLY the hue being reworked abit, nothing else
:facepalm:

Developer Meet And Greet Arirang ~ June 19th 2017
Pheonix 1.png

#CASECLOSED

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This obsession over the phoenix is mind-boggling... does it really affect your game play that much? I can see ONLY the hue being reworked abit, nothing else
:facepalm:

Developer Meet And Greet Arirang ~ June 19th 2017
View attachment 80265

#CASECLOSED
only closed to you, we prefer the old and are entitled to voice our displeasure in the artwork of the Rainbow Puke Turkey as vehemently and often as we want to. is there some reason you don't want us to voice our opinion?

upload_2018-4-21_12-20-23.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you knew my history with the Phoenix you would understand. ;)
Think i once spent over 5 months in her dungeon in battles without ever leaving, after those Phoenix armour parts that made my first 100 mill. ;)

Me and the Phoenix have a long history. lol

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
only closed to you, we prefer the old and are entitled to voice our displeasure in the artwork of the Rainbow Puke Turkey as vehemently and often as we want to. is there some reason you don't want us to voice our opinion?

View attachment 80269
Closed to me and the dev's as per Mesanna's comment above, you are both entitled to your opinions however how many times must you be told "we have no plans to change it back" before it starts to sinks in? Plus some prefer the new phoenix as it's more true to what it should have looked like in the first place...
:bdh: or Phoenix 2.png

Facepalm.png

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Closed to me and the dev's as per Mesanna's comment above, you are both entitled to your opinions however how many times must you be told "we have no plans to change it back" before it starts to sinks in? Plus some prefer the new phoenix as it's more true to what it should have looked like in the first place...
:bdh: or View attachment 80270

View attachment 80271
"We have no plans to to change it back" is not final. "we will never change it back" would be a final.

upload_2018-4-21_13-3-7.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They "had no plans" to ever put in a jewelry box....
They "had no plans" to re-do enhancements.....
They "had no plans" to change Animal training.....
They "had no plans" for UO to ever go F2P......
ect....
But in answer to your question, NO. I'm like a dog with it's nap time toy. ;)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree the new phoenix is absurd, the ones for the turtle spawn can stay but the tameable phoenix should be reverted. Speed and all.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Actually made me wanna tame one right now.

Anyone got a good template? ;)
Probably not worth the effort : I think its still 4 slots? Have not checked recently..Prolly best temp is peace tamer? Then the dang thing flys all over the place, and most importantly on inaccessible places, rocks etc, and it STAYS there till the cows come home. Then you invisi, flies out of the spot and repeat the process. Doubt it is worth it with all the efforts and better pets to train, i.e. fire beetles, Cus, etc?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how many times must you be told "we have no plans to change it back" before it starts to sinks in?
We heard that phrase for months about the sudden change to runebooks too...flat out told it would enver be changed.
But persistent pancakes and complaining got it reverted.
The difference with the runebooks tho, that got them reverted, is that even some of the :cheerleader: started howling about them lol.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The difference with the runebooks tho, that got them reverted, is that even some of the :cheerleader: started howling about them lol.
A phoenix is not an eagle and was too small, hence the change. If anything the hue needs a minor fix, but that's it

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A phoenix is not an eagle and was too small, hence the change
I know, and I won't argue the point. Just seems kinda off to me, of all the ugly-ass art ingame, the two they "improve" were runebooks (reverted) and phoenix.

How about making the Nujelm gardens pretty again? or making stair railing actually sit next to the stairs instead a tile away? you know, real stuff lol

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i tend to agree with poster. thoughts,
- i dont remember anyone asking for this, no imput was asked for on this change.
- i feel the devs time could of been better used on others things such as bugs and improving game cc and ec.
- i personally dont like the change but maybe some people do
- reminds me of the rune book change that no one asked for and many hated but thank god devs listened.
there maybe a reason for change that we are not aware of. maybe a different design/color then this rainbow phoenix.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i tend to agree with poster. thoughts,
- i dont remember anyone asking for this, no imput was asked for on this change.
- i feel the devs time could of been better used on others things such as bugs and improving game cc and ec.
- i personally dont like the change but maybe some people do
- reminds me of the rune book change that no one asked for and many hated but thank god devs listened.
there maybe a reason for change that we are not aware of. maybe a different design/color then this rainbow phoenix.
PvPers complained that it was too small to click on. They made it bigger and made sure they could see it. Then they nerfed all pets so PvPers only have mounts to kill.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How about they make a vet reward of the phoenix in it's original form?
Legacy Phoenix lovers fear not, uncle Archnight has a solution to your problem! How would you like to own your old precious phoenix again? One that...
  • Won't Ever Die
  • Doesn't Require Taming
  • Comes in Different Hues
  • Can Be Locked Down in Your Home Forever!
Rare collectors have your solution @Slayvite and here it is, get these limited edition items by posting on the Rare Forum Now!

1) Golden Mechanical Songbird - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

2) An Inquisitive Raven Spy - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

:thumbup:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we get one of those by our Avatar? I survived the great Phoenix makeover.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic,
Catskills,
Chesapeake,
Great Lakes,
Lake Superior,
Legends,
Baja
Lake Austin
Napa Valley
Origin
Asuka
Hokuto
Izumo
Mizuho
MugenSakura
Wakoku
Yamato all at 11pm
Arirang
Formosa
Balhae at 12am
Oceania at 9pm
Drachenfels
Europa at 5am

Allright, so you want a pink eagle? It sure is awesome, isn't it?
Hate to burst your bubble, but an ultimatum only works if someone actually cares...
But good luck though...

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple solution is revert the phoenix back to the Pyre graphic, you know the little blaze eagle that lives in the Labyrinth. Easy to see and hued like a phoenix. Problem solved. After all the phoenix and greater phoenix are two different birds. For those who like the rainbow pigeon go hang around the dragon turtle champion spawn. I'm with Slayvite on this issue.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I think they should change the phoenix back. The new phoenix looks like a Big Stick Popsicle that someone has sucked on too long. Garish colors, too stretched out...bleh.