• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com]

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, The Endless Journey limited bank storage has been published to all shards. As stated earlier we will be making additional changes in the near future to complete the system. All but 2 of the winners of the Human/Gargoyle houses in Ter Mur have been claimed and I would once again like to congratulate those winners. Below is a list of the actions and the numbers of people we have banned since the first of April. 4/1-4/8 12 disruptive behavior 18 macroers 14 multiboxers 12 solicitatiion 4/9 – 4/15 14 macroing 7 solicitation 6 disruptive behavior Mesanna

Continue reading...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Greetings Everyone, The Endless Journey limited bank storage has been published to all shards. As stated earlier we will be making additional changes in the near future to complete the system. All but 2 of the winners of the Human/Gargoyle houses in Ter Mur have been claimed and I would once again like to congratulate those winners. Below is a list of the actions and the numbers of people we have banned since the first of April. 4/1-4/8 12 disruptive behavior 18 macroers 14 multiboxers 12 solicitatiion 4/9 – 4/15 14 macroing 7 solicitation 6 disruptive behavior Mesanna

Continue reading...
Thanks, it's a start! :)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well the results are in and some accounts have been banned from April 1st-15th for being bad :thumbup:

Disruptive Behavior = 18
Macroing = 32
Multiboxers = 14
Solicitation = 19

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One my old char have 24 items in bank, 4 are empty runes. I really want to remove unwanted junk to start using bank storage in EJ mode.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would like to know as well.
Heard from the grapevine 24hr bans were given.

Curious what their definition of macroers is.
24 ban for a multiboxer is not big deal. They will be back for the next event!

I guess macroer would be somebody casting over and over or using skills and not answering a GM.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I guess macroer would be somebody casting over and over or using skills and not answering a GM.
Yeah, I figured it's the "if they answer or not" that matters.
I'll give them credit if they're truly trying though!
low numbers are better than no numbers ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So in the 1st two weeks of EJ you have banned 83 accounts.......
....look's like EJ will be a roaring success then.....:stir:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Mesanna @Kronos why is it my EJ account cannot remove any items from the bank? (Sonoma) Yet on Legends and Atlantic (where I have well below 24 items I can remove and put items in the bank).

Endless Journey Bank Storage Update
Posted on April 16, 2018 by Mesanna

Greetings Everyone,

As stated last week we will be publishing Endless Journey limited bank box storage today 4/16/2018 by approx 3 pm ET. All Endless Journey accounts will receive a base amount of 20 items ( bank expansions can increase the max item count to 28). Any account over the max limit will be able to view their full banks but will not be able to remove any items at this time. In the near future we will be adding the ability to remove items from the bank that are over the set max limit. Please check it out and give us your feedback, if all goes well we will be putting this out to Origin tomorrow and WW by Wednesday.

UO Team
So if my bank is over the 24 items limit I cannot remove any items from that box to manage the items I want to keep and remove those items I wish to give to others. and I am stuck with what I have in the backpack on these characters till this is fixed.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kronos why is it my EJ account cannot remove any items from the bank? (Sonoma) Yet on Legends and Atlantic (where I have well below 24 items I can remove and put items in the bank).

So if my bank is over the 24 items limit I cannot remove any items from that box to manage the items I want to keep and remove those items I wish to give to others. and I am stuck with what I have in the backpack on these characters till this is fixed.
'Cuz releasing products only when they're finished be hard, yo!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's silly that multi-boxing aren't allowed.
If i as a person have 2 accounts, and wan't to transfer a pet between the 2 of them, and i start 2 instances of UO on the same machine it's illegal.
So in order for me to not break the rules, i have to use 2 PCs, or i could install a virtual machine with windows and everything, then start UO on both "machines" and then do the transfer.
I can't really follow this logic...i must be dumb..lol
Let me know if anyone needs a guide to setup a free virtual machine on their computer with windows and UO.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If i as a person have 2 accounts, and wan't to transfer a pet between the 2 of them, and i start 2 instances of UO on the same machine it's illegal.
So in order for me to not break the rules, i have to use 2 PCs, or i could install a virtual machine with windows and everything, then start UO on both "machines" and then do the transfer.
Let me know if anyone needs a guide to setup a free virtual machine on their computer with windows and UO.

OMG
Not again...
:facepalm:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
on a related note, i called a GM for a 'problem' the other night @10:30pm and i didnt see a GM all the way till i left at 6am and i got the GM email at 10:30am so thats a 12 hour response time.

moral of the story - if your going to cheat do it after hours.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This my friend is called multi-clienting which is legal, multi-boxing is when you only have 1 account but control 10 different toons at the same time doing the same thing

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on a related note, i called a GM for a 'problem' the other night @10:30pm and i didnt see a GM all the way till i left at 6am and i got the GM email at 10:30am so thats a 12 hour response time.

moral of the story - if your going to cheat do it after hours.
Took me 3 days for a response for some stuck deco in a decaying plot of mine

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the words in this box contain illegal instead of UNSUPPORTED, you should stop doing it.

upload_2018-4-19_18-9-17.png

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

well, it's a minimum of 24 1-month gametime codes worth of investment whether they're purchased through official/unofficial sources, remains to be seen. (assuming EJ accounts really can't "attack" EM created mobs).

I would assume the macroer portion is accurate, since people have always gotten suspensions/bans for that.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, it's a minimum of 24 1-month gametime codes worth of investment whether they're purchased through official/unofficial sources, remains to be seen. (assuming EJ accounts really can't "attack" EM created mobs).

I would assume the macroer portion is accurate, since people have always gotten suspensions/bans for that.
I just question what their definition of macroer is. Someone gaining skills? Resource gathering? Letting your pet fight while you do nothing? All the above or something else?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
fish_slap.jpg

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someday, players will know the difference between multi BOXING and multi CLIENT.

Or maybe not. :rant2:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just question what their definition of macroer is. Someone gaining skills? Resource gathering? Letting your pet fight while you do nothing? All the above or something else?
I would imagine all of the above, but unattended.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think UNATTENDED macroing is they key word? Otherwise you can macro all you like as long as you are at the keyboard...?

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You mean thoose info is generated by a random number generator?

How they should provide personal info?
I would Not Go that far and say that they made it up completely but it give no detail.

I would line out the character names on the shard where the player was caught.
Plus the type of ban and combine that with the action they listed what the player is guilty of.

Someday, players will know the difference between multi BOXING and multi CLIENT.
I can understand this confusion too :)
In other games (WoW, EVE Online) multi-boxing is "allowed" and it means "multi-clienting". But input broadcasting to multiple clients is bannable.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This my friend is called multi-clienting which is legal, multi-boxing is when you only have 1 account but control 10 different toons at the same time doing the same thing
I would like to have some official to step in with some clarification on this matter, because i think a lot of player use it to transfer pets/gear to other chars.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to have some official to step in with some clarification on this matter, because i think a lot of player use it to transfer pets/gear to other chars.
I can't provide you with a link or anything, but I vividly recall Mesanna addressing just this during..something or another last year. Gist of it: Multiclienting is ofc fine. Multiboxing is not. I'm sure somebody here has a link to these remarks?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well since there are more than 12 Avatars spamming chat they still have some work to do. ;)

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so, we can sit there macroing our skills until the heart is content as long as we are not afk.
multi-clients you might want to have a monitor for every "macroing account" and be sitting there.

Hmmm.

I've also seen something about Mesanna saying she would be looking into certain 3rd part programs (names were mentioned) for the CC.
You have that transcript or a link?

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably all EJ accounts that were banned. Maybe one of the perks of subscribing is that cheating is allowed on a paid account. Perhaps they should advertise that as a selling point.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those that seem to be confused by the differences.

Multi Client - Not illegal - using more than one client at a time. Controlling them separately.
Multi Box - Illegal - Using Multiple computers, with one client on each computer all controlled by one mouse and keyboard. Often used with a "KVM switch"
Multi Bot - Illegal - Using one Computer but multiple clients all controlled via script/program.

i would say most people were using multi bot software not multi box. Multiboxing was popular when computers couldnt keep up with multiple programs running at once. Now a days people can run several programs on one computer with out bogging down their system.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL these people who think they need more information on who got banned and why, you ever hear of privacy act laws!!! If they told who did what and why they would be breaking the law and in turn would allow those people to sue UO which would shut it down. Stop being crybabies, and be glad they are finally taking action against the cheaters. Be proactive to and go shard to shard and check the spots where these people farm illegally and page on them. I know one of the people who was banned for disruptive behavior, so its all true.