• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Haven't been around much - Did Endless Journey bring more players in?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
As the title says.
I'm wondering if you've seen more people coming back to check the game lately?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've notice an increase.... now whether they stay or not, is still to be seen.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
That's nice to know :)
Guess time will tell.
Was just looking into how many people search for the sentence "Ultima Online" every month and it seems like a substantial increase since January 2018.
Anyway on average it seems like there are 49500 monthly Google searches for "Ultima Online" over the past 12 months or so.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
On Atlantic and Europa not slowly.. Teeming with new players and returnees. I also stumbled upon a few people who were trying it for the first time. And loving it. Shows you the power of UO, after all these years...in spite of its faults...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mostly really long absence returners on LS. I have yet to meet one on EJ tho. They subscribed.

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When I came back mid November I didn't see anyone for two days on Napa. More and more people have returned since then and Napa has gotten "busy" in the last week.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You might find out there were more people on if you took the time to say hi in Gen Chat. Not everybody hangs out in Luna.
That helps but sometimes we are just quiet. Saying Hi and asking a good question also works.

Is this shard dead? Is not a good question.

There are 8 afk toons in Luna right now on LS. 2 non afk.

Met a new returner just now since I wrote this. Got him a new Ram and looked at his pets.

Last edited:

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I've found new people daily to help out on my server.

Feather

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've returned to Catskills after a more-than-a-decade absence. Still working on getting a friend of mine to return as well. I did EJ for a few days, then picked up the expansions I was missing and subscribed. I missed UO!

I've seen a few 'young' accounts running around Brit, so I'm hoping people will return. I don't think it will ever be like it was, but I'm having fun.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I've returned to Catskills after a more-than-a-decade absence. Still working on getting a friend of mine to return as well. I did EJ for a few days, then picked up the expansions I was missing and subscribed. I missed UO!

I've seen a few 'young' accounts running around Brit, so I'm hoping people will return. I don't think it will ever be like it was, but I'm having fun.
Welcome back..we may all be surprised, that lots of people may come on board, both old players and new. It could happen. It is still extremely early in the EJ release, and the following months will tell..

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege Perilous definitely has some new players as well as returning vets now. Problem for the returning players is they can't access their banked items (soulstones!) and thus can't do too much. Hope this will get resolved sooner rather than later.
Yah. Sooner the better with the storage dilemma. Still floored that EJ was launched without storage beyond the backpack.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose the question should really be......
Has any Ej account up-graded to a full account?
If not then hasn't the last year pretty much a failure?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know of 2 that subscribed and bought ToL when I showed them Dinos, lions and tigers from my stable.

Not a failure if thats the qualifier.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My God theres NOOBs all over LS Luna right now. Where did they come from and why cant they wear clothes?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Why in such a hurry to call it a failure? The EJ has barely being up yet..It will take a few months at the least for the impact to be seen..Have a heart for the game Slayvite, and try to be a little more positive some times bud..

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why in such a hurry to call it a failure? The EJ has barely being up yet..It will take a few months at the least for the impact to be seen..Have a heart for the game Slayvite, and try to be a little more positive some times bud..
It's more so they can stop this nonsense about "getting new players"...not gonna happen, UO is too old school for the new generation gamers.
What they need to realise is that there is a good 20 years of gaming left in most Vet playing this game yet and start concentrating in keeping them happy (they pay the bills after all) and entice a few older vets back.

This folly about "new blood" will only hasten the demise of UO.
As an example i give you the new "Group Alacrity scroll thing".........i mean really??? The fun of UO is getting to 120, not being 120.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I disagree. I have spoken to quite a few people who are 100% new, some say they only ever played free shards or never played UO at all. Too many people here have pre-conceived notions about the market and just make negative claims on the forum all day long.

Yes, EJ has brought in many returnees, and new players,.. and the most populated non-Asian shards, Atlantic and Europa, have lots of em. And this just a soft-launch.

Oh, and I've spoken to about 10 people or so who came back for EJ and re-subscribed..so that seems to be working pretty well too. Guilds I am in are seeing a big influx of players too. In fact, some have been scrambling to accommodate all the new players.

EJ is not without hiccups, but since it's just early days, so far it seems to be pretty successful to me.

Last edited:

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Talked to a guy in the middle of resubbing 17 (paid)accounts on Friday.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I met 3 people so far who took a peek with EJ and then resubbed at least one account because they realized that PvPing with EJ is near impossible